• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

That Purple Stuff - A Ganon vid by Magus (just a trailer vid for now)

Magus420

Smash Master
I've been working on a Ganon vid recently. It's shaping up pretty nicely so far I think =D

I made a little preview thingy of some of it :hunger:

Links:

Download (High Quality, 60fps)
Download (Mid Quality, 60fps)
Download (Bad Quality, 30fps)
PooTube

Music used:
Song 1: Hallucinogen - Snarling Black Mabel
Song 2: Brainbug - Nightmare (Chiller Twist Snowdrop Remix)

Half-***ed mixing was done by me =P

Whatcha think?

Pasqual

Smash Journeyman
Ha, fantastic trailer name. I particularly liked the combo on Falco at Pokemon Stadium at ~1:20 and good use of the Foot on Marth at ~1:40. Nice job.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
lol, I thought it was gonna include the song "Purple Stuff" by Big Moe. >_>

That is one disgusting Ganon.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
You would probably 4 stock me. I don't think I could even land many hits with a Ganondorf that moves at this speed.

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
It looks pretty good. I really hope that more of this keeps coming. It not really combo but a very good use of spacing and following the dI.

Linguini

Smash Master
Wow, very nice ganon I like how your wavelanding is so fluid and some of those combo's are just plain ****ing original, lol, good stuff.

Yokoshima Metsubo

Smash Cadet
raw to the fullest. i got respect for u and ur ganon. i play ganon also, he is my main next to falcon. Me and u play pretty similar but of course with different styles. its nice to know of another highly offensive ganon out there. GANONS UNITE!!

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Very good Ganon, i wish some of the scenes could have been sped up a little bit more but hey still its not a video production project so hey very good Ganon.

Samochan

Smash Master
Mmmmmmm... nice dorf you have there. I was impressed by the speed you reacted and how fast you did all that stuff, you have amazing control of that character. Waveland turn around jab? O_O Frigging sweet. :3

Magus420

Smash Master
I'm pretty busy for the time being, and don't have a lot of time to work on it, so I don't expect to finish it too soon really, as I want to make it as good as I can with what I have to work with. There's a crapload of clips that I'll have to decide where it fits best, and I tend to overdo those kind of things >_< I started with ~40 mins of clips that I wanted to put in then after going through them a number of times managed to get it down to ~20 mins. I can't decide on much more I'd cut out from there so maybe I'll end up making 2-3 vids or something XD Then again, I don't want to bore people with it being so long either.

Also, not sure if people noticed, but I tried to sync a lot of the music with what was happening in the clips. It's more obvious in the later part as I got more familiar with using Adobe Premiere as I went along. Lord Knight has once said that I don't make smash vids. I make music videos that happen to have smash in them, lol. I intend to make the mixing of the songs less craptastic as well =P It was kind of awkward to mix those 2 genres together while still keeping up with the pace of the short trailer tho.

And yea, I am the Magus that uses Jiggs. Jiggs is my other main along with like 2-3 others, and I secondary just about everyone else save a few who I'm decent with. I excel at diverse mediocrity >_> It's mostly a result of me picking up random characters and using them most of the time for a few weeks then switching to someone else.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
dont worry about it being too long, the more the merrier(?)

if possible, bet something out by this sunday, im going to a tourny then and need inspiration.

Somebody

Smash Journeyman
That can be canceled really easily. Especially if the only hit before it was a dair that probably wouldnt make them go very high. Although that depends on the match up.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
That can be canceled really easily. Especially if the only hit before it was a dair that probably wouldnt make them go very high. Although that depends on the match up.
well if its DIed in to the level then you can't do it, but it usually doesn't get DIed from my experiences (and there's plenty of warning that it's coming too)

but this will work 100% on marth and Peach from 0 damage, aslong as they don't crouch cancel.

ps, this also works at yoshi's story if you stomp the edge of a platform with a tall character under it, the person must have damage though to be sucked up from the ground to a perfect dowb spike used in the second aerial jump.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
sorta a late post because ive been out of town but...

Magus, why did you leave out your quadruple dair combo on FLCL on pkmn stadium?

and as always, a highly impressive waveland game on pkmn stadium and smexy waveland -> jab ledge recovery.

wuthefwasthat

Smash Ace
awesome vid/music. and yeah i was also expecting the Big Moe song, which is awesome.
amazing combo on marth w/ the foot at the end.
yeah 2:45 was crazy timing. i can ledgehop uairs, but... that actually looked harder cause you had to DI away, and back.

as far as 2 hit kills....
there was that one time eddie fair, daired husband's marth to open the game...
and it was definitely NOT uninteresting...

Top Bottom