• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

That's Right! Meowth for Smash Bros! UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Uhhh, excuse you? Maybe not, but Sakurai said he wasn't opposed to it, so sorry for having some hope?
Wasn't trying to be rude, but:
A. I was pointing out that you kept bringing it up. I looked in like three or four threads and each one said "Oh maybe they will be DLC" from you.
B. Link me to where he said that. You can't, because he never said it.

Something he ACTUALLY said; from an article:
With DLC becoming a huge standard in the video game industry, particularly for fighting games, many are no doubt wondering if Smash Bros. producer Masahiro Sakurai plans to take a similar approach. Sakurai told me in an interview that his sole focus right now is making the best possible game he can, and that currently he has no plans for DLC.

"At the current time we have no plans," Sakurai told me. "I consider my job at this point, and my main responsibility, to make the Wii U and 3DS versions the best and the fullest experience possible. That said, once finished, it's the type of thing we could take into consideration, but for now, you could consider DLC as not being in the cards."

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Wasn't trying to be rude, but:
A. I was pointing out that you kept bringing it up. I looked in like three or four threads and each one said "Oh maybe they will be DLC" from you.
B. Link me to where he said that. You can't, because he never said it.

Something he ACTUALLY said; from an article:
With DLC becoming a huge standard in the video game industry, particularly for fighting games, many are no doubt wondering if Smash Bros. producer Masahiro Sakurai plans to take a similar approach. Sakurai told me in an interview that his sole focus right now is making the best possible game he can, and that currently he has no plans for DLC.

"At the current time we have no plans," Sakurai told me. "I consider my job at this point, and my main responsibility, to make the Wii U and 3DS versions the best and the fullest experience possible. That said, once finished, it's the type of thing we could take into consideration, but for now, you could consider DLC as not being in the cards."
Okay well
A. It's a possibility for plenty of characters and if it really bothers you that I post in threads just scroll past my post.
B. "once finished, it's the type of thing we could take into consideration" tah-dah, DLC possibilty, he's open to it.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Okay well
A. It's a possibility for plenty of characters and if it really bothers you that I post in threads just scroll past my post.
B. "once finished, it's the type of thing we could take into consideration" tah-dah, DLC possibilty, he's open to it.

A. what bothers me is that you post the exact same thing in several threads over a very small course of time. It's a kick in the teeth to everypony who WORKS HARD to make good, significant posts and posts frequently with said post.

B. I'm putting the emphasis on the final part of the statement, which essentially says, as Si Robertson would say, "Don't count on it, Jack!"

Sonsa

Smash Champion
A. what bothers me is that you post the exact same thing in several threads over a very small course of time. It's a kick in the teeth to everypony who WORKS HARD to make good, significant posts and posts frequently with said post.

B. I'm putting the emphasis on the final part of the statement, which essentially says, as Si Robertson would say, "Don't count on it, Jack!"
A. Well that's an unfair exaggeration. Today I came here and said aw well, DLC is Meowth's last hope it seems, and I went to Zoroark thread and said "Golly maybe as DLC, but he's ganna make a great pokeball poke". I don't say the "exact same thing" on "several" threads. Also. You're honestly saying that me simply offering the possibility of DLC is an attack on everybody else that posts anything? Honestly?
B. Okay, good for you, I'm putting emphasis on the part that says "We'll consider it" Which is evidence of a possibility.
I kinda think this argument is pointless and I wanna be done with it, but if you wanna keep going just post on my profile or something cause I don't wanna clutter this thread with off-topic and pretty much pointless fighting.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Poor Meowth...
Poor Meowth? More like poor Meowth supporters. We have been denied the opportunity to play as Meowth in Smash games for the past 15 years. We are never going to play as Meowth in Smash ever. We are never going to get that Meowth's Party stage in Smash ever. We are never going to see Team Rocket's motto incorporated in Meowth's intro. We are never going to see Meowth finally win at a "Pikachu vs. Meowth" match.

I wish the Pokemon Company gave more love to Meowth... give it a pre-evolution, give it a new secondary type, come up with a Mega Persian, distribute Team Rocket's Meowth with a hidden type (kinda like Speed Boost Torchic), finally make Meowth's Party a real game (it could be like a Pokemon-themed Guitar Hero), and give Meowth more important roles in spin-off games (storywise and playable). I wish the Pokemon Company had done something to make Meowth popular with the competitive Pokemon players and relevant in Pokemon games.

Anyway, I have been assigned to write an obituary for Meowth on the deconfirmed graveyard thread... and I am not sure what to write. I have never written an obituary for a real life person, much less a fictional character.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Anyway, I have been assigned to write an obituary for Meowth on the deconfirmed graveyard thread... and I am not sure what to write. I have never written an obituary for a real life person, much less a fictional character.
Simple, write a summary of who Meowth was, why he was great and his demise. I did the same for my support character. *sniff* Gardevoir...

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Poor Meowth? More like poor Meowth supporters. We have been denied the opportunity to play as Meowth in Smash games for the past 15 years. We are never going to play as Meowth in Smash ever. We are never going to get that Meowth's Party stage in Smash ever. We are never going to see Team Rocket's motto incorporated in Meowth's intro. We are never going to see Meowth finally win at a "Pikachu vs. Meowth" match.

I wish the Pokemon Company gave more love to Meowth... give it a pre-evolution, give it a new secondary type, come up with a Mega Persian, distribute Team Rocket's Meowth with a hidden type (kinda like Speed Boost Torchic), finally make Meowth's Party a real game (it could be like a Pokemon-themed Guitar Hero), and give Meowth more important roles in spin-off games (storywise and playable). I wish the Pokemon Company had done something to make Meowth popular with the competitive Pokemon players and relevant in Pokemon games.

Don't forget to make references to the anime.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Guys, I posted my Meowth obituary on the deconfirmed graveyard thread. Check it out.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Maybe if we're lucky Meowth will actually say something when he comes out of the damn ball! :\ he was as silent as a Whismur

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I wish Meowth would scream "Meowth! That's right b itches!" whenever he KOs enemies with his Pay Day move. :052:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Simple, write a summary of who Meowth was, why he was great and his demise. I did the same for my support character. *sniff* Gardevoir...
Same here, been wanting Gardevoir in as a playable fighter since Brawl (but with already 4 popular Pokémon in, including the returning Charizard, Lucario and newcomer Greninja, her chances are now pretty much dead, along with the fact she would have been a clone to Zelda and Mewtwo all in 1), also in the direct trailer that gave us both Charizard and Greninja, Gardevoir makes a small cameo appearance at the beginning when she's among the 1s who came out of the raining Pokeballs, hard to tell but I think Gardevoir's as good as gone (cut out of the Pokeball roster for good, since they're going to focus on the Gen V Pokémon along with Gen VI).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom