• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 2006-2008 Tier list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
She can't duck under them if Falco lowers the height of his laser. Any competent Falco can do this. I would imagine she has a hrad time getting in Falco's face.

Marth can dash attack under lasers or jump into the fray. Shiek doesn't gain enough vertical distance from her jumps. So I think it would be harder for her. Her dash attack is more viable though in the match up though in comparison to Marth's. *shrugs*

But Marth has his chain throwing. And Falco combos fast fallers like nobodies business. Shiek definately has a harder time versus Falco then Marth does. I don't think anyone can really dispute that IMO.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
It's alot harder than it seems to just "adjust the height of the SHL". 99% of Falco's will just rush in and attack.

So in essence, yes Shiek can duck under SHL's cuz no Falco continuously SHLs that low.

And no one has it eaiser vs Falco than Marth. That much is correct.

technomancer

Smash Champion
It's alot harder than it seems to just "adjust the height of the SHL". 99% of Falco's will just rush in and attack.

So in essence, yes Shiek can duck under SHL's cuz no Falco continuously SHLs that low.

And no one has it eaiser vs Falco than Marth. That much is correct.
If Shiek attempts to duck Falco's lasers, that just allows Falco to get optimal gaying position and either spam more or mount an clean, opening-free shine rapage. No professional Shiek would just sit there and duck against Falco, it's ********, and her wavedash isn't so epic that she can actually move with it while Falco is spamming.

She's at a disadvantage vs. Falco; she aboslutely has to gimp him three or four times in order to win. Dope usually beats Drephen, and Isai can't win against PC, GG.

I'd say Fox has it as good or better against Falco than Marth, and the Icies but they've fallen out recently.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
Sheik can also downsmash when she's ducking n00bies.

We already had this disscusion waaaaaay back on like the 10th page.

New disscusion plz.

Kirby sucks and is the worst character in the game. There's no way Mew2, Pichu and whoever is under him does better in tournies.

Edit: I almost forgot about Peach and ICs. They definitely have an advantage on Falco.

Linguini

Smash Master
And why would IC's have an advantage over falco?
If so it is very slight at best.
Im sorry but Ganon should be higher than mario and doc, he has more range is heavier and can take hits without getting sent off the stage immediatley. Plus Ganon can own mario hard as ****.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
LOL. Linguini you've never left south Florida. You don't even know about the IC/Falco matchup.

The way Falco works is attack shields and ****.

YOU CANNOT ATTACK ICs SHIELD, YOU WILL GET GRABBED AND THEN DIE.

marthsword

Smash Ace
LOL. Linguini you've never left south Florida. You don't even know about the IC/Falco matchup.

The way Falco works is attack shields and ****.

YOU CANNOT ATTACK ICs SHIELD, YOU WILL GET GRABBED AND THEN DIE.
i agree about the ic's shield grabbing. 'tis why I have trouble with ics. There grab game is so annoying.

Yoshi for mid tier. Just look at his double jump

Double jump

- weight doubles during it

- can djc

- can perform edge cancelled eggs due to djc

- fastest ledge grab in the game

- yoshi makes an annoying noise while doing it that distracts me

- very good distance

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Falco's dair owns Shieks down smash. Her down smash will beat out Foxes dair. Not Falcos.

Cort

Apple Head
I bet you heard m2k babble on and on about that fact, Emblem Lord.

Ahh.. his matchup lectures are too good.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
lol. Nah cort. It's pretty obvious to me that Falco's Dair would own Shieks down smash. It has alot of priority.

Go back to Ra seru Cort man. I loved Legend of Legaia! ^_^

Vahn and Meta FTW!

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Legaia was awesome. Teenagers that save the world are too ****ing good. I loved how Meta mutated all over Vahn's arm.

No way legaia is better then an FF game though. The FF series is the cream of the crop. The worst FF game is usually better then most other rpg's.

Eci4

Smash Ace
I really never liked the FF series... never even finished 7... tactics was really good tho and Im loving 12

On a ide note I think this is thread gets on more tangents than any other

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
Legaia was awesome. Teenagers that save the world are too ****ing good. I loved how Meta mutated all over Vahn's arm.

No way legaia is better then an FF game though. The FF series is the cream of the crop. The worst FF game is usually better then most other rpg's.
FFX was attrocious.

And let's not even get into spinoffs(Mystic Quest, X-2).

But yeah, IX was the best.

Cort

Apple Head
I like how I accidentally turned this topic into discussing Legend of Legaia/FF fanboys flooding in. I liked LoL cause it has a nostalgic place in my heart, being the first RPG I played for PSX.

But uh.. back on topic. Roy is top tier cause he has t3h ph1r3. Discuss.

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
roy also would not had had the ph1r3 if it werent for game n watch making that life endagering sprint to roy...therefor gamenwatch is teh ph1r3...roy did nothing

CHUK

Smash Ace
I am surprised Captain Falcon isn't high teir and Marth should be with Fox and Flaco just because of his wavedash forward smash hacks.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
FFX was ok. FF-X2, however, was not that hot. But I liked it anyway.

Then again I'm a fanboy.

But no RPG will ever come close to the triumph that is Xenogears.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Look at how well Jiggs players do in tournaments....also, pretty much everyone above her >>> Jiggs

ToP CaT

Smash Lord
good jiggs are rough these days on falcos and fox's, and can murder marths suck *** horizontal recovery sometimes...also...i think the peach vs jiggs match up is in jiggs favor

The 5th Police

Smash Journeyman
Funny how this list keeps changing. Anyway, its sad to see ganondorf drop down close to low tier. Interesting how peach dropped under both marth and sheik. In my opinion I think some low tiers like link and luigi have some possibility of being a mid tier.

cb_marth

Smash Ace
Why is Link a low tier? I mean I know he is no where near Marth or Fox but IC, Dr.Mario or even Ganon? I don't know I just think that Link should be atleast middle tier. I mean he is classed with Roy. Roy is terrible at a gamer's point of view haha. I have seen some pretty decent Roy players but besides that looking at just the character. I think Link having range he should be better or atleast classed higher.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Link is in the same position as he was on the last tier list (on that list, he was middle tier). Tiers don't reflect off of how good a character is...it's many how well people who use these characters do in competitive play. I mean, Link overall has pretty good matchups and all. He's only main worries are Fox, Falco, and Sheik....however...these 3 characters are the most played. This is one of the reasons why Link players don't do so well in tournaments.

cb_marth

Smash Ace
Ah yes I see the speed is what hurts him which is true. Yeah so its more bad luck for Link why he is so low. Yet if the list is a reflection of characters in competitive play. Then wouldn't Marth be top? Seeing how he is used a lot in tournaments as well and is usually the winner of most (ken) for say. Although I know Fox and Falco win the popularity contest in tournaments then usually don't win it all do they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom