• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 2006-2008 Tier list

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdk

Smash Lord
only one or two slots at most for them, you gotta consider that increased awareness of wobbles infinite = increased efforts to separate popo/nana early on in a match, and lord knows it's hard enough already for IC players to keep them together (plus if i recall wobbling doesn't really work at low %s so people would begin to realize that it's basically safe to make a mad dash for nana at the start of a match/after a respawn)

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
ooohhh, I remember this thread!

Glad to see not that many people making stupid remarks about who should be where (stupid as in I remember someone saying C.Falcon should be lower and Roy should be Mid).

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
So all the Mewtwo fanatics have stopped complaining? Won't stop me...

M2 seriously needs to be boosted above Pichu. Anyone who's played both in a tourny will tell you M2 is way more annoying. Is this argument still up for discussion, or was there too much flaming before?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Instead of going on smashboards and DC++, I've been going on breakdancing forums and facebook >.>
haha that was the best comment ever..

As for the IC's i disagree with only moving them up a few spots because even without the infinite their grabs and smashes are still good, and popo can still hang in their on his own with shffl'd bairs and wavesmashes...

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
How is that sad lol? Literally Sheik is since she is Zelda :p

Then again, I think it's better to think of it this way: She is a character that is so good...she had to be kept hidden from the character select screen >.>

pdk

Smash Lord
Kirby should be up higher.
His Jiggly Copy is basically condensed awesome edgeguard.
yes, it's totally awesome edgeguarding against THE LEGENDARY UN-EDGEGUARDABLE BEAST OF SSBMLAND

Giggidax

Smash Ace
i like aesir's idea better. it makes more sense O_O lol! shiek players dont take this too serious

edit: nvm people posted before i could under aesir. making me look like im crazy and dont know wat im talking about

*ahem* shiek is gayer than peach *walks off*

Bloshi

Smash Ace
I know I'm speaking from a biased viewpoint, but why is Yoshi lower than Roy? Yoshi beats the tar out of Roy, just because he can double jump and crouch cancel every singles one of Roy's attacks, except for the difficult-to-land sweet spotted fsmash. Not to mention the fact that every time Yoshi lands a bair or a fair its a super-huge combo on Roy. However, Yoshi has a hard time with both Link and Luigi,so maybe he just counters Roy or something. Yoshi is even with a good DK, slightly advantaged against Pikachu, and slightly disadvantaged against Young Link. I don't know if he should be higher or not, maybe we just need more Yoshis out there to prove his worth.

L5LM_Gtlink

Smash Apprentice
ok, im a noob to the whole tourney scene and no way im reading through this entire thread to find my answer so I'll just ask it here.

In low tier tourneys, does that mean that you are only allowed to pick low tier characters? Like Fox isn't allowed?

Eci4

Smash Ace
well, a lot of people get really good with high tier characters... you typically aren't going to see a game and watch win a regular tournament... Low Tier tournaments are typically for fun, and usually cheaper than normal tournies to enter... It's just a way to mix things up, and get people to quit playing the high tiers...

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
Yeah normally you would want that, in a regular match. It's fun to play someone who isn't Peach or Falco or whatever once in a while, though.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
Its strange, i have been reading the past posts and almost everone agress that Marth should be higher....
Check out my sig. Its 100% correct!!!!111!1!!!:chuckle:

REDRAGON

Banks

Smash Hero
fox, falco and sheik **** marth. sure marth can **** them sometimes with certain things, but overall he is a worse character, if you think about matchups with other characters etc

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
Everyone is saying: "OmG gUys its AlL about TounaMents placing!!!11!!"

Show me who won the last major tounaments with what charactors.
Show me facts to prove me wroung..........

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
so of the the three, only sheik "*****" marth. Falco is even, fox is more or less even, maybe a slight advantage.

@dragon: the burden of proof is on you as you are the one who claims that the status quo is incorrect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom