• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 2010 DK Tournament Results thread - (New update - 3/3/10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
many props to Cyphus for beating Melee1's IC's
what he speaks is truth, the whole tournament practically stopped to watch his set.
I had hoped that Cyphus would go DK for RC as well but whatever.
and the last match was just too tense. so much dodging and crazy DI'ing.

i didnt make it out of pools at FS5. I should have beaten a scrubby snake easily, but i didnt (no johns) and because i didnt beat him those 2 times, i tied for 5th in pools (top 4 made it out).

however, me and my friend Angel teamed up as DK and Snake for the doubles event. We got 9th place out of 26 teams.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i feel like i've gotten twice as good since that tournament.

me and pierre (lucas + DK ftw) got 7th in teams, we beat some of the best teams, but lost in winnners bracket and loser's bracket to double-Metaknight teams who used Tornado the whole match. Was really sad.

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
dude i feel the same way, i played so many people who played so many different characters that i added a lot to my general knowledge of the game.
and playing friendlies with you Louisiana guys (Cyphus, Pierre, Lee) was awesome

DK dittos were fun thanks for the matches man
:)

GMo

Smash Apprentice
DAM (fattyfat) plays in a very interesting manner. He stays in the air and will float around, DIing back and forth, until he sees an opening. He will wait FOREVER. You have to be very patient. If you rush in he'll pick you apart. I wouldn't be let down with the loss honestly, he's a rather clever player. Obviously he'll switch it up from time to time, but he has a unique style. Once you go into the set knowing what to expect you probably would do a lot better (not to mention other outside factors like time and such).

There are several guys like that from around here. Typ_Ex's charged fsmashes are ridiculous. He will make you jump into them. No one understands it. His Falco is so bizarre. Not many lasers either; just mindgames into charges smashes.

Wish I could have went to SA. Cyphus if you go to another big tx tourney (or Oh Snap 5 :)) and the OK guys go down I'd like to ditto you. I second DK, but it is almost like a second main.

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
yeah, both my pool matches against DAM took like 7 minutes.
we were both fighting for the correct spacing

is he on SWF?

GMo

Smash Apprentice
Nah. He reads now and then - mostly to keep up with new stuff.

It is really smart to make the matches last as long as possible. More time = more farts.

I think I played your friend at ohsnap - Khaoz. We went 1-1.

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
oh that wasnt the same khaoz lol

he lives in SC and wasnt able to make it to FS5

ironically though, he does play pit. also link, ICs and sonic.
he basically jizzed his pants when he heard how high espy's sonic placed at FS5

GMo

Smash Apprentice
Hrmm. Your friends with Angel right? Khaoz went sonic and kirby. Black dude with dreads? Maybe I'm mistaken.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
4th in singles out of ??? at PLUR presents, peace, love, unity, RAAAAAAAAAAAAPE
2nd in doubles at the same tourney. So close to 1st. We came from the losers bracket and had to play the team that sent us. We won the first set 3-0, then they won the second set 2-3.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
Louisiana GameWare Monthly 6
30 entrants: the usual good people + some TX.

1: Lee. (ZSS/Snake/Diddy)($80)
2: Cyphus (DK) ($40)
3: Nikzor (DDD) ($22)
4: Sudai (ROB)($8)
5: Pierre (Lucas)<-pro
5: Sniperx (Snake)
7: Hyro (Toon)
7: fakegeorge (G&W)

My CP is usually Pictochat. I like it for DK because near-by deathzones + DKs power and weight, obstacles may do damage- but its equal odds for the oponent and DK can take the damage better, plus the different formations allow more DownB, more punch-charging, or even d.tilt-traps.

Lee decided to not use Lucario or MK this tournament.
Elsehow, i beat hyro, poppertop(agreed no wario infinite/dk grab releases), Randall, Sudai, and then used Pika to beat Nick. LA's top 4 are consistent in taking top 4, so there was no big surprises this tourney. Its unlikely our tournaments will get any bigger, seeing as how the n00bs drop out and with a large percentage of dedicated players. Getting 2nd place is sort of like winning in LA though, cuz lee doesn't count.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Midwest Circuit Championship Results 1/17/09

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Singles (64 Entrants)

1: Anther (Pikachu)
2: Overswarm (MK/ROB)
3: Domo (MK)
4: AlphaZealot (Diddy)
5: Needle of Juntah (Game and Watch)
5: Ripple (Donkey Kong)
7: King Joshu (King Dedede)
7: Kirk (Ike)
9: Lain (Ice Climbers)
9: SamuraiPanda (Snake/Olimar)
9: Blood Hawk (Lucario)
9: Kel (MK)
13: Chewey
13: Jordan
13: Rowan
13: Clel
17: Fino
17: Chris
17: Tactical
17: Hilt
17: Legan
17: Nope
17: BYAA!
17: ACE853
25: Zeton
25: Holms
25: KY
25: Mr. E
25: Dr. X
25: Omniswell
25: 8-Bit
25: Oranos
33: MachineGunNorm
33: ITT
33: King Yoshi
33: Bowyer
33: ArkiveZero
33: Steeler
33: Cake
33: Andre
33: Mr. Sir. Dr. Daddy
33: Paladin
33: Spec
33: Y.b.M.
33: Gammage
33: Nicole
33: Kit
33: Asdioh
49: Themann
49: Crash
49: JoshKip
49: Infern Angelis
49: Xisin
49: TheBlueBlade
49: Calic
49: Ty Reed
49: Vayseth
49: Meneal
49: Rich Lewis
49: Xero
49: Epic
49: Mr. 9
49: Eric
49: Riddler

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
Hrmm. Your friends with Angel right? Khaoz went sonic and kirby. Black dude with dreads? Maybe I'm mistaken.
ohhhh you're right
lol i thought you were talking about FS5...:dizzy:
yeah he went to OHsnap. it was him you played indeed.

edit: w00t 400th post

ZxChrono

Smash Journeyman
that has to be the worst mk player i have ever seen. the spammiest of them all, never seen mach tornado spammed more in a match, no skill at all by that mk.

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
Could you change my name to Kyuzu please, I don't really use the Joe name anymore. You also might want to point out that I play in two different regions. I live in Va, but I go home to Kentucky alot, the tourney listed there was actually one I entered back home.

Justin Wiles

Smash Journeyman
January 24th: Return to Castle FALCON PUNCH 2009, DK Results:

SINGLES

Justin Wiles (that's me) placed 7th (tie with the other 7th) with Donkey Kong.

DOUBLES

Justin Wiles (that's me again) placed first with a Donkey Kong/Captain Falcon Team.

No, I didn't play any other characters. Represent!

Tujex

Smash Ace
If we had more tournament in TN I'd be more than gld to represent DK. lol, but alas...we seem to be a Melee region of the world.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Winner's Semifinals
Overswarm (Meta Knight) vs. Ripple (Donkey Kong) 1
Overswarm (Meta Knight) vs. Ripple (Donkey Kong) 2

I dunno if there are others, but if you hear that the NoJ/Ripple set was posted... LOOK FOR IT! (it was spectacular)
What the hell can be done against that tornado spamming? I mean, i know the basic shield and angle up to a downsmash, but that meta was using it and retreating as the nado was about to finish to avoid being punished. I saw Ripple down air the nado but is that actually consistent? Or was that just random? Its pretty gay how meta can spam the nado and virtually not be able to be punished for it.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i used to think it was even, but my main oponent Lee, when using MK, knows how to space it enough so he can either camp, or gain enough priority before approaching, yet enough time to pull back for safety if need be.

There's literally nothing DK can do, unless they space it wrong, whereas upangled F.tilt is your best option.

assuming theyk now how to tornado DK right, and abuse the **** out of it, this matchup might be like 60-40. who knows.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
What the hell can be done against that tornado spamming? I mean, i know the basic shield and angle up to a downsmash, but that meta was using it and retreating as the nado was about to finish to avoid being punished. I saw Ripple down air the nado but is that actually consistent? Or was that just random? Its pretty gay how meta can spam the nado and virtually not be able to be punished for it.
meta is supposed to be vulnerable from the top so that a dair could hit him but I've had an entire punch go through the tornado with out breaking it and I got sucked it after all my attack frames were done.

that's how I lost to domo

CBK

Smash Journeyman
I use jump punch a lot, they don't see it coming and if they do they will think twice about coming in with tornado.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Yea, just more of the reason, why that tornado is so broken. I seriously believe if he didnt have that nado, or at least if it didnt have too much priority meta would not be as good.

Blad01

Smash Lord
I wonder if DI + SDI Up + Uair (both sticks up basically, and spam the C-stick) is reliable against MT.

I've already break the MT that way, but sometimes i also fail, so that probably depend on what the MK does. If he DI up, SDI + Uair doesn't seem really reliable.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
Yea, just more of the reason, why that tornado is so broken. I seriously believe if he didnt have that nado, or at least if it didnt have too much priority meta would not be as good.
M2K doesn't really nado...a lot of MKs dont use it, very few rely on it.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
Louisiana Dibbz Monthly #3
small turnout (26), but we got sethlon, xyro, furbs, seiya showed up from TX. and we got some FL guys too.

1st Lee (Lucario/MK)
2nd Sethlon (Falco)
3rd Nik (DDD)
4th Cyphus (DK)
5th Pierre (Lucas)
dont remember the rest

i lost to sethlon, while using kirby, and Nik while using Pikachu (too close set). Dk the rest of tournament.
I defeated Xyro in loser's bracket at 3rd fight last stock both over 120%. His Samus is amazing, but i think with more experience, the matchup would fall more in DK's favor.

Teams Tournament
(10 teams)
1st Lee + Hyro (luc/mk + toon)
2nd Cyph + Pierre (DK + Lucas)
3rd Sudai + Nik (rob + ddd)

-----------
i got in 3 friendlies with sethlon, using DK. i got 2 stocked, 1 stocked, 1 stocked (i think). Its too hard XD. I managed to beat him the first round w/ kirby, in the tourney at least, but his falco is too good.
Got in some matches with Furbs (a pro yoshi). I think its in DK's favor as well (B.air is too useful), but def still winnable for Yoshi. (eggs aren't half as good as they are online)

The Pope

Smash Apprentice
Road to Viridian City (January 31, 2009)
Jersey City, New Jersey

I placed 49 out of 97 in singles. (89 players entered)
I Placed 9 out of 25 in doubles. (32 teams entered)

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Louisiana Dibbz Monthly #3
small turnout (26), but we got sethlon, xyro, furbs, seiya showed up from TX. and we got some FL guys too.

1st Lee (Lucario/MK)
2nd Sethlon (Falco)
3rd Nik (DDD)
4th Cyphus (DK)
5th Pierre (Lucas)
dont remember the rest

i lost to sethlon, while using kirby, and Nik while using Pikachu (too close set). Dk the rest of tournament.
I defeated Xyro in loser's bracket at 3rd fight last stock both over 120%. His Samus is amazing, but i think with more experience, the matchup would fall more in DK's favor.

Teams Tournament
(10 teams)
1st Lee + Hyro (luc/mk + toon)
2nd Cyph + Pierre (DK + Lucas)
3rd Sudai + Nik (rob + ddd)

-----------
i got in 3 friendlies with sethlon, using DK. i got 2 stocked, 1 stocked, 1 stocked (i think). Its too hard XD. I managed to beat him the first round w/ kirby, in the tourney at least, but his falco is too good.
Got in some matches with Furbs (a pro yoshi). I think its in DK's favor as well (B.air is too useful), but def still winnable for Yoshi. (eggs aren't half as good as they are online)
the match up is in DKs favor. apply pressure with f-tilts and air dodge zairs.....samus dies

our match was the closest match iver ever had in my life. sooooooo fun. thats for the chance to play you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom