• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 2GGC: Civil War Discussion Thread

Fenny

Smash Ace
ZSS was Bayo killing long before Bayo guys

Never forget

Last edited:

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
ZSS is on the warpath too. To think people were saying ZSS and Rosalina were falling off.

Last edited:

|RK|

Smash Marketer
ZSS is on the warpath too. To think people were saying ZSS and Rosalina were falling off.
We're all about recency bias here. Many things that were true about the meta before haven't changed too much. Next up, the rise of Sheik. Eventually we'll realize all of the top tiers are just really strong lol

EDIT: And their players. Ofc

Last edited:

JB333

Smash Apprentice
Holy crap... The dream of Falcon winning a national.... MAY COME TRUE

Okay he still has a way to go, but he has a doable bracket

Last edited:

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
The last Cloud is now is Losers and all Marth's are gone.
Link now has a good chance of being the highest placing sword user now at Civil War.
I don't know anything anymore..

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Holy crap... The dream of Falcon winning a national.... MAY COME TRUE

Okay he still has a way to go, but he has a doable bracket
>National
>Civil War
>Fatality pretty much won a national when he made winners top 32

Fenny

Smash Ace
So

Salem literally just woke up from sleep

And he's up against Zinoto

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Nairo and Ranai were all over each other that set. Game 1 though ranai managed his aggressive tyactics better, including that massive shieldbreak combo. More aggression on both sides, then Nairo does an sick com,bo on ranai to get the two stock win.

Fatality and Komo-aggression went back on forth, depending on who was comboing who. Komo deleted Fatality Game 1, then Fatality brough it back with style Games 2, 3, and 4.. Komo got the combos going Game 4 but it wasn't really enough. This set reminded me of why those two are my favorite players to watch. They've mastered their characters, and I'd say Fatality taking the match is an upset.

Shame though, Fatality has to fight Nairo next, Komo has to fight Larry. Tsu's in losers, but has to fight either Zinoto or Salem, and the latter lost to Tsu at Frostbite. Of course, all three could be in losers and have a good run. Fatality's been on an elegant Elegant-like rampage. Speaking of, he took Elegant to Game 5 at G4. This has been a very good year for Fatality.

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
So

Salem literally just woke up from sleep

And he's up against Zinoto

Well i think its safe to say Salem has the most Diddy MU knowledge and success of any Bayo main. He has beaten ZeRo before in the times they fought and even when he lost it was really close.

Maybe he needed the sleep. Salem did seem pretty out of its yesterday in his match with Shuton.

Last edited:

krazySyko

Smash Cadet
If only Earth had played like he did starting game 3 from the beginning, he gave up those first 2 games pretty handily.

hypersonicJD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
I don't have
3DS FC
2122-7467-7267
OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD ESAM 3-1 ALLY.

THE CIVIL WAR IS OVER. AND IT WAS ENDED BY ALLY'S ALLY

|RK|

Smash Marketer
ZeRo beaten by Team ZeRo, Ally beaten by Team Ally. Samus getting results alongside Link at the biggest tournament ever. Mario is a character that gives characters free wins lol. Amazing character that has weird af MUs

EDIT: Ally and ANTi are mainly hella skilled.

Last edited:

Fenny

Smash Ace
tfw ZeRo's ally killed him

tfw Ally's ally killed him

tfw both lost to Samus

MarioManTAW

Smash Ace
This set means so much!

ESAM beats Mario.
Ally and ZeRo both out of Civil War before top 16.
A Samus in top 32.
A Samus eliminates a top player.
ESAM eliminates a top player.
Wow.

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
Ally just had to lose to ESAM using a low tier

ESAM is never going to let him live this one down

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
Man. Salem was yet another player that just seemed off his game this tournament his shaky performance against Shuton yesterday (That SD in game 2..)to waking up only minutes before his match today

Did Salem just stop caring about getting any further at this point?

Last edited:
Top Bottom