• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 3.5 Squirtle Matchup Thread

Do you think Roy is squirtle's hardest MU

• Yes, he should represent the upper extreme for MU difficulty

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • He's hard for sure, but maybe not the worst (we should discuss the MU more)

Votes: 25 49.0%
  • No, pff! He's just a boy really.

Votes: 13 25.5%

• Total voters

Swooty

Smash Rookie
I think it's just that Squirtle doesn't really have the range on many of his attacks to hit Roy without putting himself in sweetspot danger.

I still personally think Marth is a lot harder, but eh.
Not at all IMO. Roy's crouch cancel is so much more effective, which is a nightmare for Squirtle. He's to perfect combo weight to get juggled with uair, and he gets killed so early with bair.

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
I feel like ZSS is a pretty easy matchup. Her neutral b is super punishable and can be armored through, I believe Squirtle can crouch below her fsmash as well. Edgeguarding is easy as it only requires you to drop off the stage and use nair. You can bait her out easy with your mobility and force her to make a punishable decision. I played Turbogillman, a very solid player. We went to last stock. He immediately switched to peach and 3-stocked me.
Yeah ZSS is easy for sure, I never worry about her projectiles or range. She is easy to gimp, and none of her quick options besides U-air easily land a hit on squirtle. Unless she is expert at side-b spacing she doesn't really have a disjoint to strike at squirtle safely on the ground (besides maybe low swung f-tilt), unless you're foolish enough to get hit by a raw D-smash stunner. The new grab helps her at least keep squirtle out in a direct approach (3.02 this MU was pretty bad for ZSS) but squirtman's d-tilt is frame 3 and squirtle can duck back and the grab will miss while he still lands the d-tilt which is combos into amazing options at all percents, guaranteed.

Last edited:

Life

Smash Hero
Thoughts on the Sheik matchup? Lost to ours in GFs and WFs today, couldn't seem to get in on the tilts. Had a LOT of sick edgeguards though, so the sets ended up going to game 4 and 5 respectively. It's probably even but I wanna hear what the rest of you think.

Daftatt

NNID
Daftatt
Thoughts on the Sheik matchup? Lost to ours in GFs and WFs today, couldn't seem to get in on the tilts. Had a LOT of sick edgeguards though, so the sets ended up going to game 4 and 5 respectively. It's probably even but I wanna hear what the rest of you think.
I withdraw from the air onto shiek a lot, she doesn't really have a good way to deal with it except u-smash. Getting in on tilts is difficult, one of the more reliable ways I get in is via watergun into ftilt/grab/dtilt. If you are doing well edgeguarding her I think you're on your way to tipping the MU in your favor. Every shiek I have ever fought claims that the MU is absolute trash for shiek but to be fair I bop the crap out of them when we fight so I'm not sure if the MU is bad or I'm just a better player than them.

Mr. Fabulous

Smash Cadet
Guys, how do y'all deal with the Peach matchup? I can't figure it out. Obviously I need to bait out her stuff but it often feels like even when I do, her frames are good enough that the best I can do is trade (which imo is a loss). Spacing bairs seem good, and if I can land a bubble or a u-air I can usually get some solid hits in, but D-smash, nair and dair seem to do WAY too much work on the Squirt Turt.

Mr. Fabulous

Smash Cadet
Also I've been playing the Falcon matchup pretty extensively since I started playing this game, and I think I can say at this point it's about even, maybe slightly in Squirtle's favor. They both combo each other to death, and while Falcon kills Squirtle MUCH easier (especially since Falcon is so hard to kill off the top), Squirtle gets free edgeguards on him. Squirtle dominates the ground game while Falcon's aerial game is superior (nair beats most of Squirtle's aerials). That being said, it's pretty simple to space out Falcon's attacks and then hit him with a watergun/grab/d-tilt.

If you do manage to get into Falcon's space, he's pretty much done. D-tilt and u-tilt/u-air pretty much beat anything Falcon has. Once he's in shield, he's done. Throw out a d-tilt for pressure, then follow up with a u-air or dair. The ONLY thing Falcon can really do is roll away, and even that loses to withdraw if you read it.

I've already talked about this a bit, but lemme just stress that u-air is the truth in this matchup. It's quick, it's got disjoint, and it juggles Falcon to ridiculous percents. Follow it up with a fair or AJ and you'll get the kill.

Good luck out there boys.

Life

Smash Hero
re: Peach. I don't have any Squirtle-Peach experience specifically, but I've played enough Peaches in Melee to have an idea how she works.

Do not let her recover, ever. This means waiting out her float then hitting her when she comes down. This means grabbing the edge if she has to upB. Peach has a decent recovery, but only if the Peach player is paying attention, so force her to.

Do not let her pull turnips. Squirtle has substantial burst movement. If you see her going for a turnip, you can get in her face by the time it's in her hand.

If she's in the air, do not let her touch the ground unpunished.

Bubble is probably really good in this matchup, because reach is OP.

Play around CC dsmash. This means using Bubble, Withdraw and Water Gun to make her shield-happy, then grabbing her (and dsmash probably works if she's playing around your grab).

Peach can live a pretty long time, so she likes to force trades. You can short-circuit this by killing her early. I'm reasonably certain there are setups into AJ if you look.

Vulvasaur

Smash Rookie
One of my friends has a decent peach. When peach is hovering I'll try to get some distance and wait for her to either wiff nair/fair or for hover to end. Hover dair is toxic. I like bubble, water gun and bair as approaching moves. NEVER CC DSMASH!! DI outta the beezy or face 60% from one goddamn move. If she's close enough to dsmash you, dont attempt dtilt or crawl attack. Crawl attack is risky in this matchup, since if she CC's crawl attack she has a free dsmash. You want to apply pressure when she's grounded so she can't pull turnips.

Her recovery seem pretty limited in my opinion to either hover high, stall with upb to sweetspot ledge or ultra risky attacks to hit you as she comes onstage. if shes coming in high, I will sometimes jump up high for an upair if it has the chance to kill, else I will be ready to strike any platforms she may attempt to land on. Avoid letting her touch the ground so she cant regain her hover since its her method of recovering horizontally so when she doesnt have over, definitely use attacks to send her horizontally such as fair/bair. You want to apply pressure when she's grounded so she can't pull turnips while contantly avoiding dsmash.

When you're coming back to stage, dont sideb if she's in a position to use nair, beware of turnip setups when using upb to grab ledge.

Daftatt

NNID
Daftatt
:rob:

His spinner can jam up your ground game, his side-B takes your space, his D-smash stops your pressure, and he can wall you out in the air. He's near impossible to edgeguard and has great options against your recovery (Fly over then Bair, Dair trade, the spinner and that damn infinite fast aiming kill laser). Luckily he dies early, and the MU is straight forward build damage into guaranteed kill through a grab or punish at early percents

Made a guide on stage/kill strategy against ROB, though it's applicable to many other MUs, particularly floaties.

http://smashboards.com/threads/squirtlab-frames-and-facts.391710/#post-18771482

Last edited:

Daftatt

NNID
Daftatt
:bowser2:
More to come on this (frame data and stuff)

Against bowser this is my strategy.

Rack up damage with crossup dairs, if the combo hit lands you can get a grab or u-tilt string at early percentages, or you can simply dair him again.

You could also followup with watergun, another great tool in this MU. short hop watergun on bowser works very well to poke holes in his armor, and can easily lead into a grab, and at higher percents can be used to guarantee aquajet which can kill bowser surprisingly early.

Forward throw can often reach for the regrab on bowser, and even with combo DI can usually regrab if done out of a decent hydrograb. wavedash-jab (then sliding inside bowser) is useful for starting into U-tilt chains, which can rack up damage dramatically because of bowsers large size. Remember to hold for walk to correct positioning out of the IASA frame of u-tilt.

When edeguarding bowser watch out for if he has a second jump, because he'll likely fair you defensively if you come out prematurely, instead approach the ledge with watergun, but cancel the charge if they expend their jump and wavedash to ledge.

When bowser up-Bs you want to jump from ledge and get a reverse hit with nair on his underside or right on the top of his shell. This will send him flying back offstage at a semi-spike, you can then drop back to ledge for the edgehog. If bowser attempts to up-B above you onto stage you can nair from ledge onto stage and if done properly can still be wavelanded back to ledge allowing for continuation of the edgeguard.

Squirtle has guaranteed damage, combo starters, and edgeguards on bowser. And even though the matchup can be brutal since bowser has powerful tools of his own. Just keep shooting watergun in his face.

Last edited:

Daftatt

NNID
Daftatt
:jigglypuff:

Jigglypuff is extremely susceptible to attacks from below and d-throw in this MU. So needless to say she will be walling you out with bair. At early percents, you could try and use armor to get around her wall but it's not going to get you much.

Your best tools in this MU are RHUS/waterfall, watergun, crawl attack, and hydrograb.

Punish any slip up in Jigg's positioning (for coming down from high up with no jumps) by reverse hydroplane up-smashing across the stage for the surprise early early kill or with a surprise anti air attack using waterfall (beware she could SDI out and rest punish). These two moves can kill jiggs pretty much any time from mid percents and on, especially with RHUS because it will be charged.

one strat worth trying out is bubble, Grounded bubble has a large hitbox to safely space against jigg's back air, and if it lands and puts jiggs into knockdown you have the potential to wavedash in and punish her getup option with aquajet (or RHUS in) and get an early kill.

Watergun is your way to poke at jigglypuff through her bair walls, remember that when you watergun in the air you get a lot of air speed to drift around. Use this to short hop air control away (you fade backwards) while waterguning jiggs if she tries to punish.

Watergun connecting can often force jiggs to the ground where you can get a grab if you're close and a crawl-attack if you're not close.

Crawl attack can combo into fair as a kill option, and maybe aquajet but that would be crazy hard to hit.

D-throw is pretty much a solid kill on jiggs after 100%, which is why hydrograb is so good.

If you run away from jiggs and bait out walling, you can get in close to her and punish the endlag (even though it's tough) with hydrograb. It actually works really well and tends to keep jiggs from being close to the ground, which puts them higher in the air and can lead to good positioning for kills from below.

Useless moves for squirtle: F-smash, F-throw, U-throw, B-throw, D-tilt, Aerial Bubble

Dangerous moves (low reward) for squirtle: Bair, Dair, Nair, D-smash, F-tilt, Jab, U-tilt, withdraw

Safe moves (high reward): Waterfall, RHUS, Fair, crawl attack, D-throw, Grounded Bubble, U-air, Aquajet, watergun.

Last edited:

Daftatt

NNID
Daftatt
:roypm:
Here's an edgeguard on a stage with walls.

He's offstage. (at or below stage height)

Slingjump offstage past him.

Doublejump towards the stage

Nair roy hitting him away from the stage.

connect to the wall.

walljump into forward air.

At mid-low to mid-high percents, the roy will up-B after nair to recover, at which point he gets immediately doublekicked by squirtle.

The fadeback walljump fair covers most things roy can do in response to being Naired offstage, and praise shellshift! it looks sick.

GET BODIED BOY

:sheik:

Breaking news from PS2!
Killed off the top with good DI at 115% by aquajet punish.

Hold the ledge, when she lands onstage, ledgedash into aquajet. BEAUTIFUL

Last edited:

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
Edgeguarding Roy with bair is definitely smarter than nair, they're going to usually do something about the nair while your bair has range and is intangible

Daftatt

NNID
Daftatt
:ivysaur:

I've played this MU a lot, but this is the best Ivy I've ever fought and definitely the best I've ever played in the matchup

Last edited:

Life

Smash Hero
Why is Pit a bad matchup?
There are characters that have a bad Pit matchup?

Oh, you're looking at the OP.

The philosophy around here used to be that "swords=bad Squirtle matchup" when it's really more like "good characters=bad Squirtle matchup." It just so happens that Marth and Roy are good characters and that's who people think of when you say "sword characters." Link, for example, is a perfectly fine matchup for Squirtle, because he's so reliant on his projectiles which aren't all that good against us. His melee attacks don't have the frame data to make life unusually difficult.

Mr. Fabulous

Smash Cadet
Link, for example, is a perfectly fine matchup for Squirtle, because he's so reliant on his projectiles which aren't all that good against us. His melee attacks don't have the frame data to make life unusually difficult.
Strongly disagree. I'm biased because I play against one of the best Link mains out there (Red1/Hero of Time), but I honestly just think Link mains haven't figured out all the nasty **** on Squirtle. Specifically the fact that a grab at pretty much any percent probably means death for Squirtle. Already posted this on the slack I know, but Link has a crazy chaingrab on Squirtle, and while Squirtle has a DI mixup at low percents, Link (I believe) can react to it and punish accordingly. Link's heavy weight makes it easy for him to CC a lot of our **** and punish with up-b/d-smash/grab, edgeguards us well with nair from above or grounded up-b, walls us out with projectiles and jab... You have to do a LOT of baiting to get through all of Link's options, and Link kills Squirtle pretty easily.

I don't think it's Squirtle's toughest matchup, or unwinnable by any means, but it's definitely not a good matchup for the Squirtman.

Life

Smash Hero
Strongly disagree. I'm biased because I play against one of the best Link mains out there (Red1/Hero of Time), but I honestly just think Link mains haven't figured out all the nasty **** on Squirtle. Specifically the fact that a grab at pretty much any percent probably means death for Squirtle. Already posted this on the slack I know, but Link has a crazy chaingrab on Squirtle, and while Squirtle has a DI mixup at low percents, Link (I believe) can react to it and punish accordingly. Link's heavy weight makes it easy for him to CC a lot of our **** and punish with up-b/d-smash/grab, edgeguards us well with nair from above or grounded up-b, walls us out with projectiles and jab... You have to do a LOT of baiting to get through all of Link's options, and Link kills Squirtle pretty easily.

I don't think it's Squirtle's toughest matchup, or unwinnable by any means, but it's definitely not a good matchup for the Squirtman.
To be fair, I literally posted this like a couple hours before I read that LOL

I don't think the DI mixup is reactable at low percents, though my reaction time is a little slow. Go into training mode and try it for yourself.

Last edited:

Daftatt

NNID
Daftatt
vs Marth! :marth:

full analysis, I deem this necessary watching by any newer squirtle player

@Diesel

Last edited:

Daftatt

NNID
Daftatt
also worked a lot on the ROB MU since the best player in my area is a ROB main

GET HIM TO 120, GRAB, PUMMEL x3, D-throw

his heavyweight won't effect the KB only his fall speed which is floaty, so you get nice early kills

took a set off him in GF before losing the reset

Last edited:

Mr. Fabulous

Smash Cadet
I don't think the DI mixup is reactable at low percents, though my reaction time is a little slow. Go into training mode and try it for yourself.
Eh, my reaction time's subpar too, plus I don't have my Wii ATM. All I know is that Hero of Time/Red1 gets it preeeetty consistently, so either he's got godly reads or godly reaction times.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Marth and roy are definitely not better against squirtle than fox lol

marth is for sure really bad vs squirtle lol, i would argue like 40-60

Mr. Fabulous

Smash Cadet
Marth and roy are definitely not better against squirtle than fox lol

marth is for sure really bad vs squirtle lol, i would argue like 40-60
I dunno that it's that far in Squirtle's favor, but it's definitely not nearly as a lot of people (myself included) thought. Might be even, idk.

I do agree though that Fox is worse than either of them if the Fox player knows what he's doing.

shinyskarmory

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4785-4798-2652
I dunno that it's that far in Squirtle's favor, but it's definitely not nearly as a lot of people (myself included) thought. Might be even, idk.

I do agree though that Fox is worse than either of them if the Fox player knows what he's doing.
The thing about Squirtle versus Marth is that we have to be constantly moving around with extreme precision, while Marth doesn't have to be nearly as precise with his timings to keep us out. Additionally, the threat of a Marth Fsmash forces us to sweetspot all of our recovery and greatly limits our options coming off the ledge. I'd say Marth is probably 50-50 or 45-55 for us; I think we're slightly disadvantaged just because we have to work so much harder in that matchup than Marth does, but I'd be fine with calling it 50-50 as well.

I can't speak to the Fox matchup because I haven't played against one who was actually tournament quality. Anyone here have experience in that MU?

Daftatt

NNID
Daftatt
The thing about Squirtle versus Marth is that we have to be constantly moving around with extreme precision, while Marth doesn't have to be nearly as precise with his timings to keep us out.
IMO this is a universal trait of squirtle MUs at high level, it's the flipside to incredible speed that results from use of shellshift and to a lesser extent wavedash

Additionally, the threat of a Marth Fsmash forces us to sweetspot all of our recovery and greatly limits our options coming off the ledge.
it's true that you HAVE to sweetspot against marth, but really this is the case with nearly all recoveries at high level.

Try using squirtle's invincible ledge dash, it's AMAZING, and actually one of the easier ledgedashes to use without killing yourself

http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/2zg2r3/squirtles_invincible_ledgedash_guide/

and if you can use it consistently Marth will not be safe edgeguarding you from onstage

I'd say Marth is probably 50-50 or 45-55 for us; I think we're slightly disadvantaged just because we have to work so much harder in that matchup than Marth does
Matchup NUMBERS ARE MEANINGLESS, AND WILL ALWAYS BE MEANINGLESS

you cannot boil down a game of this complexity to just 2 numbers and maintain near any useful information, it literally would break the laws of information theory

and having to work harder in an MU does not put you at a disadvantage, it just means you have to work harder.

if you having to work harder in an MU than your opponent meant you were at a disadvantage, spacies would have almost no positive matchups as their APM is near universally higher than whoever they are fighting.

Last edited:

Jamwa

Smash Champion
The thing about Squirtle versus Marth is that we have to be constantly moving around with extreme precision, while Marth doesn't have to be nearly as precise with his timings to keep us out.
lol, marth sucks at walling squirtle
its like trying to wall a falcon that is 30% faster and 30% of his size

Life

Smash Hero

you cannot boil down a game of this complexity to just 2 numbers and maintain near any useful information, it literally would break the laws of information theory
This is beautiful.

shinyskarmory

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4785-4798-2652
IMO this is a universal trait of squirtle MUs at high level, it's the flipside to incredible speed that results from use of shellshift and to a lesser extent wavedash

it's true that you HAVE to sweetspot against marth, but really this is the case with nearly all recoveries at high level.

Try using squirtle's invincible ledge dash, it's AMAZING, and actually one of the easier ledgedashes to use without killing yourself

http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/2zg2r3/squirtles_invincible_ledgedash_guide/

and if you can use it consistently Marth will not be safe edgeguarding you from onstage
This is actually great. I've used Squirtle's ledgedash before, but I never knew it was potentially invincible. Will investigate further next time I'm practicing tech.

I agree that matchup ratios can't describe how to PLAY a matchup, but they're there for an at a glance look. I mean, you even put something similar in the OP using a scale of Turtle Soup to Permashades, how is that any different from using numbers? They both show who people think is favored.

It's not that big a deal.

and having to work harder in an MU does not put you at a disadvantage, it just means you have to work harder.

if you having to work harder in an MU than your opponent meant you were at a disadvantage, spacies would have almost no positive matchups as their APM is near universally higher than whoever they are fighting.
Sorry, that was poorly phrased. I think it's easier for Marth to space us out than it is for us to approach him. Our mobility advantage really helps with it, but doesn't quite make up for it in my opinion. IMO the matchup slightly favors Marth (it's not even close to turtle soup).

Daftatt

NNID
Daftatt
I agree that matchup ratios can't describe how to PLAY a matchup, but they're there for an at a glance look. I mean, you even put something similar in the OP using a scale of Turtle Soup to Permashades, how is that any different from using numbers? They both show who people think is favored.
the main post of this thread uses intentionally ambiguous terms because they are describing ambiguous values. Numbers are for calculation, for accuracy, for certainty. Numbers come from real data and represent tangible amounts that are comparable and concrete.

If your number describes a situation as accurately as the phrase "turtle soup" or "permashades" then that's a good hint your numbers are meaningless.

Last edited:

Daftatt

NNID
Daftatt
anything related to squirtle eventually becomes a discussion about semantics ._.
this is universally applicable to all of smash, for once we aren't arguing over squirtle specific stuff lol

though it's not much of an argument, It's literally mathematically impossible for MU numbers to be useful

shinyskarmory

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4785-4798-2652
Played against some good Luigis recently, and I had a fairly rough time of it. Here's what I noticed:

-Many of his moves have very high priority

-Luigi's Nair makes it very difficult to follow up on some of our combo starters. It comes out very fast (frame 3-5 IIRC) and has a big disjoint below him, which beats a lot of our options from below him. We can still get followups, but we need to come in from the sides rather than from below, probably with bair to space him out with the tail disjoint.

-Fireballs are annoying but not that hard to deal with. We have plenty of ways to deal with projectiles and Fireballs can't be spammed nearly as often as some of the other projectiles in this game.

-his wavedash is super long. It's not really an issue since we have a super long one too and more mobility tools than he does, but it's something to keep in mind. Nobody likes taking a wavedash Dsmash to the face from halfway across battlefield, so make sure to keep his WD length in mind.

-his recovery is very, very long, but predictable. He'll usually side-B if he's too far away to jump->upB, which has a decent amount of lag (Luigi frame data thread says 42 frames) where he's vulnerable to being gimped before he can aerial/downB/upB. This is probably the best time to hit him with Fair, Bair, Nair or Bubble for the gimp.

-other than that, though, expect gimping him to be tricky. Well-spaced Bairs can beat his aerials if we're coming in from above or even with his elevation, but I wouldn't go for Fair or Nair unless he's in Green Missile endlag. It's not impossible for us to stop his recovery but if he's good and mixes up his recovery it'll be an uphill battle.

Anyone else have any other thoughts on this MU? Not sure really where to place it- I think we're disadvantaged but I could just really suck at playing against Luigi.

Life

Smash Hero
The other issue with matchup numbers is that because we don't have the data on who should ultimately win, people use numbers like 55-45 or 60-40 to describe the same mild disadvantage and then proceed to bicker about it, not realizing that they are in agreement.

--------------

DI Luigi's throws behind him, I think?

Bubble is really good because his low traction means he's probably forced to the ledge.

Obviously don't overextend on your combos.

Don't underestimate how quick his aerials end.

Mage.

Smash Cadet
So I just played against an Ivy and got bodied. I'm sure lack of experience definitely contributed but I couldn't approach him. He would cover the small space above him with his razor leaf and If I approached via wave dashing or pivoting wave dash into an attack, his d-tilt would hit me. Sling jumping wouldn't work either as he'd either shop bair or just throw a razor leaf. Recovery was really hard too because he would just space bair or if I went low he would dair.

So how do you deal with this plant? Or are is it hard because its super effective? Any advice appreciated.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
He would cover the small space above him with his razor leaf
to beat razor leaf you can just slingjump aerial; your aerial will out-prioritise the leaf and you will punish ivy.

and If I approached via wave dashing or pivoting wave dash into an attack, his d-tilt would hit me.
in this MU you have to CC the firsr hits of dtilt and bair into a shield. you can clank dtilt with dash attack though and then punish after you're close.
Sling jumping wouldn't work either as he'd either shop bair or just throw a razor leaf.
bair is lame, but slingjump bair, bubble, water gun, and withdraw should be used to beat this before it comes out. you can slingjump waveland to get under ivy quickly or use hydrocrawls/pivots into shield, dsmash and armour the first hit, dtilt and dodge the bair, usmash quickly, sh uair... hc/hps are very good
Recovery was really hard too because he would just space bair or if I went low he would dair.
if ivysaur is going to bair you, you must SDI the first hit away, and then up-b/withdraw/airdodge.
ivy should not be able to beaf waterfall from above unless you're being obvious. you can start waterfall early if ivy jumps and aim it to beat dair or whatever (i.e. approach diagonally rather than letting ivy get above/behind you).

hope this helps
im not even gna fix this

Last edited:

Getsafe

Smash Apprentice
What's the general consensus/how confident are you guys in the blue and purple sections of the spoiler in the OP?

I'm hesitant to trust it because I see Zelda listed as either even or slight disadvantage for tuirtle and its the general consensus among Zeldas that this our worst matchup, or one of. top 3 for sure

Last edited:

Jamwa

Smash Champion
What's the general consensus/how confident are you guys in the blue and purple sections of the spoiler in the OP?

I'm hesitant to trust it because I see Zelda listed as either even or slight disadvantage for tuirtle and its the general consensus among Zeldas that this our worst matchup, or one of. top 3 for sure
squirtle players have very differing opinions regarding his MUs
i think squirtle beats marth but everyone else doesnt (becoz they bad)
haven't vsd a zelda with squirtle before so i cant give you input

Getsafe

Smash Apprentice
squirtle players have very differing opinions regarding his MUs
i think squirtle beats marth but everyone else doesnt (becoz they bad)
haven't vsd a zelda with squirtle before so i cant give you input
I dont really need confirmation on the Zelda MU, I'm positive its terrible for Zelda.

I am interested in hearing opionions on whether or not these are true
  • OM NOM NOM: :sheik:, :falco:, :wolf:, :kirby2:, :ganondorf:, :lucario:, :link2:

• I FEEL BAD FOR THE OPPONENT: :samus2:, :ike:, :jigglypuff:, :diddy:

Last edited:

Jamwa

Smash Champion
falco wolf shiek are probably favoured against squirtle
link destroys squirtle from what i've heard (0-death cg)
jigglypuff gets killed, samus gets killed, ike probably gets killed (bad version of marth right?)
ganon is a difficult mu to learn but probably very much in our favour
:kirby2:is this even in smash?

Top Bottom