• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 3DS and Smash

Status
Not open for further replies.

KidSmash

Smash Journeyman
So Nintendo recently announced its new handheld, the 3DS, successor to the DS and DSi.
According to various gaming sites, this new system will display images in 3D without the need of 3D glasses. It will also feature backwards compatibility, rumble, thumbstick, and an accelerometer.

In my opinion, this opens up a whole lot of opportunity for SSB to jump into a portable system.
We will finally have a PSP-like thumbstick and rumble. Also, the new 3D idea doesn't sound that bad either. Don't believe me? Well, look at this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWAg1s7xfz0&feature=player_embedded Wouldn't it be awesome to play Smash in stages that look like this?

I think Smash could work its way into the 3DS, and I hope it does.
Let's just hope this doesn't turn out like the Virtual boy >_>

Discuss.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Crap! You beat me to it.

But seriously I can expect a new Smash Bros on the 3DS. Nintendo has such a huge handheld market that it would be foolish not to use one of their biggest series.

Also Metroid Dread is hinted at being resurrected according to an interview I read.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Interested to see oh how the 3D will look, seems a bit gimmicky.

Good to see a thumb-stick, wasn't the DSi just out

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Well, it only took them 4 DSes to get to the next handheld lol.

But yeah, this thing seems to be BUILT to work with Smash, especially with that analog stick....

D

Deleted member

it's not real 3D, since both eyes will still see the same image. therefore you don't see "depth" you can just look around the room by tilting the thing instead of looking around by use of the D-pad.

I read somewhere it might support up to 720P which would be quite cool.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
it's not real 3D, since both eyes will still see the same image. therefore you don't see "depth" you can just look around the room by tilting the thing instead of looking around by use of the D-pad.

I read somewhere it might support up to 720P which would be quite cool.
agreed. That minigame doesn't truly represent what the 3DS is trying to be about.

Knightcrawler

Smash Journeyman
Oi, you guys know that video posted is NOT the 3DS, but just a regular DSiWare game, right? The 3DS achieves its 3D though having a second layer on the screen... or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom