• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 949 Smash Thread: RIP PacWest

JDM

Smash Champion
That callout.

Probably will. If I get to play a couple of friendlies against people that **** me before brackets then I will do fine. (I play really well after I play better players.)

Signia

Smash Lord
this isn't really what you said jdm but does anyone else seem to play better against players that are way higher level than them?

Whenever I play someone around my level in pools or something I feel like I have to stop and think "WTF are you thinking/doing" and then just fail hard at not taking advantage of less-than-solid play. Then I play some sub-rankers and play really solid, taking advantage where I can and end up doing way better than most would have done. Players like Fly, Alex19, Dunskies, and Psychomidget seemed to bring out the best of my play while sometimes I play really stupid and lose to, say, Antopark.

JDM

Smash Champion
Yes.

Better players will make less mistakes compared to bad players so the window to punish is slim. That forces me to try to get as much damage off of that one mistake as I can.

When playing against bad players for too long I don't see these "mistakes" that well and my punishes become stale/random/predictable which will get ***** by players better than me.

Alex19

Smash Journeyman
this isn't really what you said jdm but does anyone else seem to play better against players that are way higher level than them?

Whenever I play someone around my level in pools or something I feel like I have to stop and think "WTF are you thinking/doing" and then just fail hard at not taking advantage of less-than-solid play. Then I play some sub-rankers and play really solid, taking advantage where I can and end up doing way better than most would have done. Players like Fly, Alex19, Dunskies, and Psychomidget seemed to bring out the best of my play while sometimes I play really stupid and lose to, say, Antopark.
its called having nothing to lose, and when you play ppl your level you get nervous cause you dont want to lose

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord

yeah i feel you.when i play not-ranked players, i feel like i prepare for something a more effective player would, and when they less effective player doesnt do it, it messes me up.usually ends in me getting tippered lol

melrak90

Smash Cadet
Ey just a heads up, FUSION at UCI will have a booth in front of Engineering for an engineering 'block party', but we're mainly out there just for our smash set up (lol) so come out :)

SilverChenbi

Smash Rookie
The booth for FUSION@UCI will was today from 10-5pm and and will also be tomorrow from 10-5pm. It's located in the engineering plaza and a lot of clubs are boothing too. You can't miss it. We're the booth playing loud music!

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i'll come by after class which is right next to it

off-topic: i saw the coolest **** today as i was walking to class

some hawk/falcon came swooping down to get a rat or squirrel

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
i'll stop by tomorrow after class

hopefully i can snag a chair to sit in

this weekend is busy for me, so that makes me sad :(

Incronaut

Smash Ace
i'll come by after class which is right next to it

off-topic: i saw the coolest **** today as i was walking to class

some hawk/falcon came swooping down to get a rat or squirrel
theres a wombo combo on that **** LOL

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i saw that vid before it's with a goat

i'm pretty sure it's on my favorites too

class just got out so i'm heading over to the fusion booth

SilverChenbi

Smash Rookie
Sorry for my earlier post, I had previously thought that'd we'd booth to five but there was an error in that statement. We are only going to be boothing from 10-3PM instead of 5PM. However we are going to be boothing tomorrow from 10-3PM in the same place. Sorry about that, wish I notified you guys sooner. We didn't have any chairs out there today but hopefully we'll be able to get some tomorrow. See you guys there.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
I only mentioned chairs because i might be on crutches.

I tried walking for a little while without them today and my foot's doing a lot better, so i might not actually NEED a chair, but either way it's not a good idea for me to stand on it for long. xD

actually i have class from 11-2 tomorrow, so i'll probably swing on by near the end of your booth time.

ComboFest

Smash Lord

OHHHHHH DAAAM Signia 100 Dollar money match

-AntoPark
(ComboFest wrote this but Anto wants a MM Idk how much. )

DJMirror

Smash Master
loooooooooooooooooooooooool you guys should MM on saturday. Stab should provide some commentary.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Coincidentally, I'll be in Irvine around the time the Fusion booth is running so I'll try and find it and play you guys or something.

After that, I'll probably be wandering the campus and calling everyone up to play smash, so I suggest you make it easier on me and just tell me if you can play smash tomorrow lol

Signia

Smash Lord
lol guys I never said anto was bad just not way higher level than me like those other guys. I only used his win against me as an example because I raged a little after it. I apologize for the unwanted attention anto :(

I was going to money match you two anyway, I haven't even played either of you since.

Just a warning though, Jason, Okami, and Gsub helped me a bit with the Samus matchup and Falcon is still my easiest matchup.

Matt your avatar is hilarious

Signia

Smash Lord
go to FD against marth and do down-throw nair nair uair ??? knee for bad DI, practice moving immediately after throw lag or landing lag finishes, practice rising SH uairs in combos or rapid fire them below a platform, learn how to pivot into short hop aerials so you can space them perfectly... wait a minute

practice doing those awesome suicide combos and incorporate falcon kick and falcon punch into your game.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
You would accept my $100 MM? Or just a simple $2-$5 one?

If it's a small one, I'll play you 2 best of 5 sets, one with Fox and one with Sheik.

Then we can play friendlies with my Samus so that you can say, "Dang, Anto...you don't have any tricks compared to Okami's Samus!"

Response Edit: Sounds good. We can play Thanksgiving weekend. I'm back for 3 days then.

Top Bottom