• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 949 Smash Thread: RIP PacWest

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
does anyone have a computer screen i could borrow for a while?

my laptop screen detached completely

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
thanks!!!

stab is coming over

you should come over with him and bring it over

edit: i also need a cable to connect them lol

Signia

Smash Lord
Just want to remind everyone my extra PS3 Madcatz TE Fightstick Round 2 is still for sale for $99. It is brand new, still packaged in its box and of course never used. This stick normally costs $150 new. Get this stick dual modded and you're all set if you want to get into FGs more.

You don't really need a stick to play, but it feels good to use. Also, playing on pad is problematic when having to play on different consoles. My friend who swears by the xbox360 controller had to spend $200 to get a 360 controller's innards replaced with a PS3 controller board, and even that doesn't feel the same as the 360 pad he normally uses for the 360 (can't dual mod a pad, but in an arcade stick like the Madcatz TE there's plenty of room for another board). Even if you don't dual mod, borrowing sticks or having two sticks is much easier than what pad players have to put up with.

So yeah, kind of random time to post this, but I need money :(. This is a good deal though if you want to buy a quality stick and don't care too much and don't mind the SFIV art (you can still change it if you want). Buying low-quality sticks is a waste of money.

Signia

Smash Lord
I did, but I have to reinstall steam. Do you guys know whether the beta is available for Mac OS or do I have to use my Windows 7 VM?

TheSavageBlueBoy

Smash Apprentice
Friend and I are looking to do some melee friendlies, were willing to travel a bit. Anyone want to smash?

Text or call 714-244-9595

TheSavageBlueBoy

Smash Apprentice
Just played with Adam and Grim today, it was awesome, I hope to get some smashes in with the rest of you soon. Grim and I are available tomorrow if anyones down.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
matt how's 5x5 going?

why aint u improvin in melee
It was going well, however once college started, I joined a club to start practicing a chinese martial art. The one I picked, wushu, is more of a performance one than a practical one, and is similar to gymnastics. So, while I still do the workouts listed on stronglifts occasionally, I more emphasize the kinds of conditioning my instructors showed me and becoming flexible (I'll have the splits down eventually).

And as far as melee is concerned; the past few months, the ways I've tried to improve and my mentality has been totally off of what it should have been. For the past month specifically, I felt like I stagnated, but very recently I realized that is not true at all. I have a lot I could improve on, and have gone back to humbling myself, removing my bad habits and fine tuning my basics.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
matt, anto

i'm sorry i didn't pick up my phone

i was oos and very busy

i'll tell you guys about it next time i see you LOL

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
matt, anto

i'm sorry i didn't pick up my phone

i was oos and very busy

i'll tell you guys about it next time i see you LOL
Until you tells me otherwise, I'm just going to assume you were taken away by the mexican drug cartel for an outstanding debt, and spent the weekend marching your *** across the border, and back to Irvine.

Signia

Smash Lord
matt how's 5x5 going?
Stronglifts 5x5 right? I'm on week 8 or something. Everybody should be do this workout routine if you can afford a gym membership or if your school has a power rack. Google the routine, you do three exercises every other day and you start with just the bar no matter how much you can lift so you don't have to feel embarrassed since it's part of the program to start small and go up in a linear progression as long as you can while you practice your form.

Top Bottom