• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 949 Smash Thread: RIP PacWest

MacD

Banned via Administration
so i hope you guys saw marvel on the stream

not only did alu get 3rd, the last match of the grand finals was AMAZING LIKE OMG.

i got so freaking hyped i jumped outta my chair on the last hit the match was so damn close

DJMirror

Smash Master
First day of school and first person I ran into was DC$ aka The Godfather of 949 chilling near the pool table, he blessed me with his presence.

MacD

Banned via Administration
i always gotta drive :/

but yea, i figured that would be the case so whatevs

who all even wants to go? and do you have housing for sat?

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Okay so fly/tuan/anto/gsub/ryan/spenser/me/macd/jason with macd/me driving unless jason drives instead of mccain, or if all of us drive for some reason.

In the case of two cars, one spot is left.

Actually I re-read jason's post and he's a maybe lol

edit 2: nvm, tuan is a no until he mans up and convinces his parents cuz wgf *****

Ornj

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately not. I am in La Mirada which is north of Irvine and not on the way

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Okay guys, I'm pretty sure Santa Barbara are gigantic poopfaces and took the only housing available for WGF

So we can either
a) drive back and forth on both days, which isn't terrible, but not exactly efficient
or
b) whoever has friends in SD can house with them, and then the rest can split a hotel/motel room 7 ways for a night lol

Jun.

Smash Lord
I have put in a word for housing and currently finding rooms for people. Housing will be prioritized by distance traveled but I don't think people are coming from too far so you guys are right up there. Let me know how many people need housing as soon as you can via facebook.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
irvine is closer to SD than any other part of the socal scene so there's no way 949 should have priority over, say, 626, who are certainly looking for housing

Jun.

Smash Lord
well I personally don't know of anyone that asked us in the SD thread for housing, and we can't house people that we didn't hear from.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
as a region, i think 949 has as much right as anybody to ask for housing because it's not like we'll be offended if somebody else gets housing instead of us or anything like that. :)

DJMirror

Smash Master
you guys need to do what me, Kevin, Micheal, Wes and Zhu did last year at WinterGameFest 2011

Stay/sleep over at The Lodge with other smashers like M2K =D

DJMirror

Smash Master
loooooooooooooooool not going to lie that's pretty true

Ryan I'm not buying your stick anymore since I got a Qanba Q4 from a homie for a cheap *** price

if anything sell it to Kyle and tell him that your home button works because I'm about to sell it to him but my home button doesn't work half the time

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
If anybody cares, I'm more able to play during the week now since I don't have classes on Tuesdays and most Thursdays. I'd also like to play the P:M alpha a little more often for the sake of playtesting, although admittedly how valuable the information I can get out of that is a little limited since nobody else in the area has regular access to the game.

iRTuan

Smash Journeyman
If anybody cares, I'm more able to play during the week now since I don't have classes on Tuesdays and most Thursdays. I'd also like to play the P:M alpha a little more often for the sake of playtesting, although admittedly how valuable the information I can get out of that is a little limited since nobody else in the area has regular access to the game.
and if i play it's pretty much useless footage :p

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
nobody in irvine plays unless it's either a friday or the weekend ;-;

matt i'm like 99% sure i want to go to wgf

Maximilation

Smash Cadet
Hey guys Maximilation here. I haven't played competitively in a long while but back in the days I used to play with Ken, Isai, ChuDat, Arash and bunch of other pro players. I currently live in Irvine and I'd love to get some friendly matches in sometime soon. Let me know if any of you are interested. Thanks!

Top Bottom