• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 949 Smash Thread: RIP PacWest

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
yeah, i thought you said sunday lunch time was ok

is dinner time better for everyone?

JDM

Smash Champion
MK and SCV has more entrants than KoF atm.

Saw this on the LoL lineup: NA MRN MaRNorz ClakeyD NickWu me_emo TooPro4u

-Hoggle-

Smash Journeyman
Greetings I recently moved to the irvine area (two months ago or so) and I play smash competively....i havent played in 8 weeks...so I'm a little rusty. Is there a smash fest going on this weekend I can attend and ease back into the game?

GMhyprid

Smash Apprentice
Yo anyone from irvine wanna play tomorrow? I'll be there around 3 dropping my bro to MLG hotel
I'd be interested to play a little bit, but not for too long because I'm pretty busy.

For the lunch on Sunday, I would have to leave around 2:30, and I can't make the dinner at all. If the dinner is the best time for most people, just have the dinner. I'll be sure to visit Irvine during summer.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Greetings I recently moved to the irvine area (two months ago or so) and I play smash competively....i havent played in 8 weeks...so I'm a little rusty. Is there a smash fest going on this weekend I can attend and ease back into the game?
Idk how much smash is gonna go on this weekend exactly but we might do stuff on Saturday. Stuff is definitely going down on Sunday but it's a little hazy when/where.

my number is 949 266 4076, so just text/call that on sat/sun

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
i'm down for either the lunch or dinner, so it depends on other people

but i'm too busy to hang out on the weekend other than then :(

Signia

Smash Lord
10:00 AM-11:00 AM Pregame Show and SCV-Winners R1 A,B,C
11:00 AM-12:00 PM SCV-Winners R2 A,B,C
12:00 PM-1:00 PM SCV-Winners R3 A,B,C
1:00 PM-2:00 PM SCV-Winners R4 A,B,C

Come watch me fail like I do in everything else in life!

AntoPark

Smash Lord
I'm watching the stream and they haven't even MENTIONED RYAN.

Ryan, you better win the whole thing.

Tokido Schmokido

JDM

Smash Champion
FYI I would not recommend Gyu-Kaku for our place to eat. I went there a while ago and I did not get full at all. They give you tiny portions of meat.

Also $2K MM at 8PM EST at East Coast Throwdown.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
FYI I would not recommend Gyu-Kaku for our place to eat. I went there a while ago and I did not get full at all. They give you tiny portions of meat.

Also $2K MM at 8PM EST at East Coast Throwdown.
i'd say all-you-can-eat fixes that problem, doesn't it?

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I got you stabbed

Also, holy crap at Something Unique beating Ramon in Pyrrha dittos

that was so insane

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I just noticed Signia has Linkrck in winners bracket next.

http://s3.majorleaguegaming.com/2012-anaheim-soulcaliburv-champ.html

I hope it's on livestream, Linkrck is an incredibly entertaining and great player. And of course, I want to see Sig play xD

Edit: Signia lost to Linkrck. Since he's in losers now, he probably won't be on stream unless he makes it to losers semis or finals

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
He's got a tough losers bracket too. HumanTyphoon who's seeded 10th. If he wins, he has to fight Xephukai. Xeph is underrated I think. I'm sure Ry's gotten better, but Xeph beat him in SCIV about a year ago. After that if he wins, he's got OOFMATIC, who's mad good. Was possibly best or second best in SCIV.

JDM

Smash Champion
We should set up carpools cause parking there is really limited. If not I can drive by myself.

Kira-

Smash Champion
I heard DJ Mirror commentate and juicebox was muted for people at the event

Also with guest analysis from duc, Alex Valle, and reynald much better than applejoose

DJMirror

Smash Master
Alex is so funny every time there's a Hwa on the screen

"TIGER! TIGER! TIGER KNEE!" and one guy was betting on first hit against Reynald which you shouldn't do because he tends to land alot of first hits LOOOOL

Romance hands down is MVP for MLG KOF. Usually Mr. KOF beat against Romance but damn

I really thought he was gonna beat Reynald because he was playing so well

DJMirror

Smash Master
Commentators wise

JuiceBox is ok like he's just funny and stuff but he uses SF4/Capcom games terms when KOF had their own terms like Straight is OCV, Guard Cancel Blowback is Alpha Counter and there's no trip guard in this game. (I forgot the term for it in KOF) plus he said a few things that are misleading informations about the game

The Answer is just biased because he's buddy/**** rider of Bala and really dumb at times. I have a long story about Bala and The Answer but I'll just leave it at that the most. Sometimes it's average at best, he's just commentating because of the hookup with Art Sanchez

MetaPhysic is really a good commentator because he's understands the game, characters and player. Kinda like the Husky plus he's funny and does well with Tasty Steve/Kane317/Alex Sanchez

DC_Kane 317 is the Day 9 but sadly he rarely commentate because he wants to play than speaking on the mic.

Tasty Steve is the Hype Man

Alex Sanchez is the funny guy

Reynald/CMD Duc has a few eLive Cast podcast of matches analysis of USA/Japan. They provide play by play

Top Bottom