• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 949 Smash Thread: RIP PacWest

Xacius

Smash Apprentice
I had a ****-ton of fun yesterday playing fox in melee. What would you guys recommend for an aspiring fox main? I had SHDL occasionally and multi-shine every now and then. Good for shield pressure, but I'm going to need a lot more than that.

I'll be practicing during the week now as well. Hit me up if you want to smash M-Th

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
If only I didn't get sick the ****ing day of the tournament. I wanted to hang with socal for another day...

Oh well, next time for sure. Was lots of fun seeing everybody again!

:phone:

iRTuan

Smash Journeyman
I just wanted to pop in and randomly say:

mccain i know the two girls in your ax profile picture

and i'll try to go to some events next year when second semester starts

MacD

Banned via Administration
hahahah that's pretty funny

i only took a pic with them because i ran into my friend kevin (zhu's old roommate) and they were with him

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
come to mesa court to play me haha
I'm surprisingly down to play tomorrow lol

I had a ****-ton of fun yesterday playing fox in melee. What would you guys recommend for an aspiring fox main? I had SHDL occasionally and multi-shine every now and then. Good for shield pressure, but I'm going to need a lot more than that.

I'll be practicing during the week now as well. Hit me up if you want to smash M-Th
Practice waveshining link or peach (two easiest characters to waveshine) across FD until you can do it with 90 percent accuracy lol.
Practice Side B from the ledge while still having invincibility.
Practice drill -> shine -> usmash.
Practice shine -> Jump cancel usmash.
Practice Drill -> utilt.
Practice running around with single lasers instead of double because it's actually better (you get more movement ability with single).
Practice super consistency on uthrow -> uair and uthrow -> usmash. Practice your combos on fox/falco on FD, which should consistent of chaingrabbing with uthrow and uthrow into utilt, usmash or uair INTO regrabs, nairs, more utilts, more usmashes or more uairs.

These are all pretty important things with fox. Don't feel overwhelmed though because most come after a semi-decent amount of practice lol

I hope everyone here saw the game where i beat Ken in a game.
I definitely saw it hahahaha

http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp/b/339152417

Paul vs Ken @ 3:08:00 You should have won it.
^

ComboFest

Smash Lord
**** all of that xacius, all you need to know to look cool is to learn how to JC Shine, and how to shorten the side b.

iRTuan

Smash Journeyman
good **** paul

and i just plugged in my tv lol going to start practicing again finally

hahahah that's pretty funny

i only took a pic with them because i ran into my friend kevin (zhu's old roommate) and they were with him
yeah i stalked you and saw the picture and thought "i totally know those two..." and went and checked their photos haha

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
if you're impressed by that look up what ferran adria does

there is this documentary called el bulli

GMhyprid

Smash Apprentice
I'm going home for Thanksgiving break, so would anyone be interested in playing smash/hanging out? If you can't, it's understandable.

It has to be Friday or Saturday since I can't go to Festizzio's because of my flight schedule.

GMhyprid

Smash Apprentice
I can drive to Irvine. Is there a preference on if I go on Friday or Saturday?

What would the plan be, as I don't have a place to stay at anymore and I won't have a tv? I'll have a cube with me though.

Edit

Xacius

Smash Apprentice
Xacius says he MIGHT host on sat. If not, we can work something outtt
There's a 90% change that I'll be back in SD by Saturday evening. I will post here on Friday to confirm.

I've been preparing for tournament play and, thanks to Ray, have figured out how to deal with Marth and Jiggs. Hopefully I can get some matches in. Also, depending on the venue of the next place, I want to start casting tournaments. If there's anyone coming to Sat smashfest that can assist me with some first-time practice commentary, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I should also have my component cable stream equipment by then, giving us a crystal clear (no interlace) 480p melee, with quality comparable to some of the best DVR's on the market. I'm raking in cash at the moment (not trying to boast; I've been working my *** off), so can anyone else recommend additional hardware to purchase?

I'm looking into LCD's with minimal frame delay, and so far the best one I've found is 3.2ms input lag @ 27 inches. For reference, 16ms of input lag is equal to 1 frame of lag. Would 1/4 a frame of lag, compared to a CRT with no lag, make that much of a difference? If not, I'll probably wait until larger monitors come out and pick one up.

With regards to my smashfests, I have in my possession:
- a wii with component/composite connections
- a mini fridge
- HD DVR capable of triple smash screens on one stream
- a gamecube with power cables only (just purchased composite cables for it online)
- melee + mem card
- brawl + Project M SD card
- 2 CRT's (obligatory: thanks matt)
- room for up to 2 more CRT's (4 is comfortable, 5 is a little crowded)

If you're coming, please try to bring a TV and cube/melee, that way everyone can play at once. I know we have a lot of people at varying skill levels that come to these smashfests, and it's much easier to play if we have more setups. Matt, I know you have a TV. ****ing bring it this time lol

Alright, see you all soon. Have a good turkeyday everyone!

ShadowScourge

Smash Cadet
Might want to look into using a VGA box. I have one on hand if you want to test lag on some TVs and stuff, but it's lagless on my monitor and some HD tv's that i've tested.

Top Bottom