• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The affect of grabbing on the combo meter

CptLightning

Smash Rookie
Upon practicing the Sheik chaingrab tech and doing Captain Falcon's falling UpAir into grab, I noticed one thing; the game never registered a true combo into grab. I have a theory as to what is happening; any time that you grab, regardless of whether there is a true combo into it or not, the game will reset the combo meter from when you grab the opponent. The only exception to this that I could find is when the opponent is in a 'special state' of stun such as when tripped or hit with ZSS's stun laser. This affect seems to be present with command grabs as well. Can anyone find more examples of the reset combo meter?

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
If you knock an opponent on to the ledge then hit him as he jumps back on stage, it will register as a true combo which makes no sense

Top Bottom