• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The AIs are getting better

Lv.99

Smash Journeyman
The amazing thing (that has already been discussed) is that CPUs can now change their course of action. They don't just have a set of moves that they are told to activate in specific ratios. No, these CPUs would be able to wavedash if they were in melee. I mean, they already learned how to edgehog...

kupo15

Smash Hero
On the topic at hand, I have DEFINITIVE evidence that the AI does NOT learn:

A Lv9 AI in Brawl NEVER airdodges Din's Fire. Ever. Try it.

No matter how many times you use it on them, no matter how many matches, you'll always land it when they're trying to recover.

Maybe you need to teach them how to air dodge ^_^

DDM

Smash Journeyman
Just in watching Lv. 9's battle against each other, I've seen them edgehog, juggle, and spam moves while the opponent is trying to recover (Din's Fire, Pikachu Thunder). The AI has stepped up.

Delta_BP26

Smash Ace
I think they learn. I mean, someone posted a video where a level 9 Link crouch spammed after he killed the player. Also, Replays are instructions on how to reproduce the match. The AI could easily learn from that.

Rigor Mortis

Smash Journeyman
I heard its amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flapjaw space, with a tuning fork does a raw blink on hari kari rock I NEED SCISSORS 61!!!

Thats what happens when you start to know to much. Dont mess with AI believe me......

Percon

Smash Lord
Sometimes the AI creeps me out by doing some stuff me or my friends do. It has genuinely surprised me a good number of times.

My cpu Ikes jab cancel... and my GAWs dthrow to dsmash. 0_o

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt
I think they just copy the players, like my Wolf is starting to play more like me than it used to, it's even trying to cancel the Fairs (And failing miserably) But yeah, I think it just takes what the player does in certain situations and replaces its other response with the response the player did.
i noticed that stuff your friends do as certain characters or you do as certain characters that are effective they computer will start doin that stuff especially against the character it was working on...

... these are the things my cpus do now:
ike does the edge dtilt spike all the time
pit edgeguards with forward b
snake edgegaurds with missile drops
mario cape flips everyone who recovers
pit mirror shields recoverers
dk does the suicide grab spike -ALOT-
captain falcon does the suicide falcon punch --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rItrXj1lEGc
weegee does the death shoryuken when anyone gets to 45 percent
GANONDORF does the suicide falcon punch
jigglyuff does the alternative rest combo
all the starfox character cancel forward b
fox hover shield edgegaurds and pivot grabs
snake does the slideing up a smash
falco does the dash kick up a smash
mario does the super cape dash http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd-afoFbJ7c
marth counters in a ridiculous quantity
marth zero percent spikes -ALOT-
my cpu ganondorf never misses spikes bcuz of my ganondorf T_T

so yea ima try and see if theyll adapt to wave dash in brawl+ and then laff wen dey suck in regular brawl XDDD

SSD

Smash Journeyman
I got laserlocked once. He only did 5 or so shots, but it was terrifying. Compared to my friends', the AI on wii are top tier. Laserlock, meteor smash, stage spike, suicide kills, and more. Crazy stuff.

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
My CPUs Literally go out to the edge of the map just to kill me, and for some reason they are able to recover. I HATE the computers, they PS 8/10 of my attacks.....

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
I have been IC infinited all the way (as ike) across FD and back...

W
T
F
!
?

kigbariom

Smash Lord
Brawl has dynamic difficulty. Notice if you play a lvl. 3 CPU and you attack aggressively they attack back. But if you stand around and miss attacks, they don't fight too hard.

Xeze

Smash Ace
NNID
XezeMaster
3DS FC
3969-6256-6191
The AI Cap. Falcons sweetspot their knees all the time. And all AIs recover much better than in Melee. Remember the lv9 Luigi in Melee? Only used his side-B for recovery. Now I see Marios using cape+super jump punch; Warios using the bike+upB; but oddly, CPU Yoshis don't use their upB for recovering.

Top Bottom