• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The All-Purpose vVv Topic and Sponsor Thread ~ Logic and DJ_Iskascribble Join!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
The monetary stipends is completely laid out in the OP. I'd go over it here, but it's a bit of info lol. But it's all there, including how often you get em, how much they are, etc.

Apex was certainly large enough, and you should remember that we we're going to get a hotel room for it. The problem was that some hype started to go down vVv side (you and Havok ended up not going, Cheese couldn't make it, etc), and of the three players that went (myself, Fino, and Lee, well and m2k) they didn't help out too much with trying to coordinate it. It was a bit different since Jerry wasn't there, so we had to front the money and get reimbursed (even though it would only be a couple of days between payment and reimbursement), but no one had the money on a card to do it so we we're kind of out of luck unfortunately. Just a mishap, vVv was more than willing to get us a hotel room for it.

As for Dallas, I'm not exactly sure of the details surrounding that. I don't know anything about the Halo players so I can't comment on that, in terms of smash it might have been amount of members going (only 2), coupled with coming off of the recent drop and problems with the last mlg and vegas and no one was really sure what was going on.

Purple

Hi guys!
Wait, you guys don't just get included with halo members for hotels and such? You guys should know one another :c

*needs more vVv girls pics*

Honestly the only reason I took a card from vVv at MLG DC LMAO
That's really the only reason? That's kind of sad considering the stipend you can get.

Btw mikeHAZE, the stipend from what I remember was for large events you get

1st - 125$
2nd - 50$
3rd - 25$

or -something- along those lines. please font' quote me. Regardless though the fact you're getting money for doing something you were already going to do is pretty ballin.

Chibo, I think you should get some of your haters to post on here and professionally answer their questions imo :x

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
If there isn't enough members we would, but at every MLG event prior to that there's been like 4+ Brawlers at each so enough for a hotel room to themselves. At Raleigh Cheese and I split a hotel room with a Halo and Tekken player, and at DC pretty much 80% of my time spent that weekend was hanging out with Halo and Rhythm Gamers.

Purple

Hi guys!
That's mad cool though, I would love to be able to learn more about other games while going for an initial game. :o

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Chibo, I think you should get some of your haters to post on here and professionally answer their questions imo :x
I'm open to answering anything and everything, and have been doing all I could to do so. Which people are you referring to?

Also the stipends are more than that.

Quick quick rundown:
Locals - Entry fee paid for (so $25-$30)
Large Regionals/Nationals - $50 prior to the event
Large Regionals/Nationals - $50 for 4th, $75 for 3rd, $100 for 2nd, and $125 for 1st paid shortly after the event

All details are in the OP
I'm hoping to be able to be a bit more leniant with the term "large tournaments" and include events such as VC9 and KTAR4 instead of just like MLG, Apex, CoT, etc

That's really the only reason? That's kind of sad considering the stipend you can get.
The stipend wasn't done until I became Brawl manager the week after Vegas, which was 2 weeks after DC. It was kind of awesome since one of vVv's members, Jolly, owns a nightclub in DC (the one we went to), so he had a bunch of the girls that work there come to MLG in vVv attire to cheer on our players. Baller status lol

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yup, and since $50 of that is given to you prior to the tourney you dont have to worry about having the money to enter it since that covers it all, plus a lil extra

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Through advertising with its partner companies like SteelSeries and KontrolFreak. You'll notice their logos on the back of our shirts.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
LOL ARE YOU SERIOUS

I believe YOU were the one (alongside cheese) BEGGING me/ally/lee/mike to split with you guys

don't even START with that **** chibo

my reasons was because i was depressed that day and didn't feel like playing at all and knew i couldnt win like that esp. not w/ that controller.

You are a hypocrite

u know u couldnt win because you're bad so you begged for a split

btw you also were entered in the tournament twice, so getting 600 each means you get 1200 total, which is also bull****.

mikehaze ***** you in the set, you only won because he had an ENTIRE full stock lead then he accidentally paused it BEFORE HE EVEN RESPAWNED and had to lose a stock for NO REASON because of ****ty rules. Then you win a time out by like under 10 damage, it was stupid

then you have the nerve to say why did you split with mike and not me when you do **** like that. You're no better than cheese and I'm glad I'm not associated with that organization of dirtiness anymore.

you also lied about saying I agreed to a split, you lied right to Ally's face. I directly told you NO at MLG DC yet you LIED ABOUT IT ANYWAY

you lied to me about why you wanted to be in the BBR 2 years ago, you said you would help the MK debate then WITHIN A WEEK you PERMANENTLY changed your mind and tried to get him banned more than almost anyone else back there.

you're a horrible person and a ****ing liar, and you are also sadistic and think crushing peoples dreams is funny

i hope your kids have cancer and you can slowly watch them die you terrible excuse for a person

Oh and 'my reasons was because i was depressed that day and didn't feel like playing at all and knew i couldnt win like that esp. not w/ that controller.' also known as 'I cheated because I wasn't good enough to win' isn't so much an excuse as it is a (farily obvious) general statement. Not to mention how arrogant it makes you look to suggest that you resorted to cheating because you somehow thought you were entitled to winning.

vVv Noxie

Smash Rookie
Hey all, Noxie from vVv Starcraft

Just to answer a few questions on relations with vVv in other games and meetups at other LANs, We do tend to all hang out as a group and get to know each other. Since Starcraft is pretty new we didn't share any hotel rooms on the MLG circuit this year (partly because we only had 1 @ dallas) but I am guessing next year we may be seeing some more intergame relations.

It was def fun meeting all the vVv brawlers and halo players at DC.

So far for Starcraft we have had a great time being a part of vVv, granted we have only been in since DC but so far so good, I suppose if you have any more specific questions feel free to post or pm if it relates to maybe how things went for us upon joining!

Also, glad to see this thread got back on track for the real purpose. I <3 all brawlers... wish I was decent -.- tilting is way to hard.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Alriiiight, let's keep things on topic. Seriously. This thread's purpose is not to create arguments or make jokes or stabs at Chibo/Cheese, it's for the discussion of vVv's program and a place for people who are interested to get the information that they would want. Cut down on the spam. That includes replying to or commenting on spam.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
I besiege thee, good sirs and madams of the moderation team, please reconsider your location of the thread that I am currently posting in. It is perhaps better suited in another section of your esteemed website; specifically, the area called "Brawl General Discussion."

shoshone

Smash Ace
I used to be in vVv before they went big. It was awesome while it lasted but it was clear the organization was headed into a certain direction and neglected other games.

Pi

Smash Hero
Alriiiight, let's keep things on topic. Seriously. This thread's purpose is not to create arguments or make jokes or stabs at Chibo/Cheese, it's for the discussion of vVv's program and a place for people who are interested to get the information that they would want. Cut down on the spam. That includes replying to or commenting on spam.
**** that
**** was hilarious

chubbysempai LMAO
lmfao

shoshone

Smash Ace
Is that exactly why you left?
Yea, it was no longer a really close-knit community and all these terrible new people joined. I had some disagreements with their founder and all the old people that I knew were slowly leaving one by one. It felt like a mom and pop store turned into Walmart, and you lose that sense of community.

Purple

Hi guys!
Yea, it was no longer a really close-knit community and all these terrible new people joined. I had some disagreements with their founder and all the old people that I knew were slowly leaving one by one. It felt like a mom and pop store turned into Walmart, and you lose that sense of community.
Why didn't you change it imo.

shoshone

Smash Ace
Why didn't you change it imo.
It got to the point where it was not what I joined for. Once their Gears of War team, Vision, won the first Gears of War MLG event, everybody wanted to join vVv, and it was this flush of new people, along with how LordJerith refused to help me start a Halo 3 team for the, (we just needed to find a good 4th) while spending tons of time with the other GoW teams in addition to Vision.

Basically there were tons of new people every week and I preferred a smaller close knit group, then new people coming in and out.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
There's going to be some interesting new updates coming soon

Also dj_iskascribble is a competitive member now. I'll be adding him to the OP when I update everything else

we also have another secret member joining

Top Bottom