• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Anti-Lava Metroid Stage Thread

Desruprot

Smash Lord
They did a good job, and this thread got its wish, also the stage looks cool (I wonder what Happens after the power goes out?) Queen breaks out and as they say in Monty Python "Run Away!!!"

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Honestly, there is more lava in Mario, the Legend of Zelda, and Donkey Kong. Give me another non-lava Metroid stage from either Metroid Prime 2, 3, or Hunters, or Metroid Fusion. But mainly Metroid Prime 2 or 3. And no lava! :)

Rauzaruke

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, there is more lava in Mario, the Legend of Zelda, and Donkey Kong. Give me another non-lava Metroid stage from either Metroid Prime 2, 3, or Hunters, or Metroid Fusion. But mainly Metroid Prime 2 or 3. And no lava! :)
I think that was the point of the thread. Metroid has played out over plenty of other locations other than lava. They should also be represented since they are just as important.

EDIT: I miss-spelt Metroid. FOR SHAME!

knuckles_18

Smash Cadet
i dont mind the lava stages but i don't play in them allot glad to see something new in brawl... oh wait it rotates like brinstar depths.

KraidGuy

Smash Ace
Phaaze. I am a mercenary of the Dark Hunter. Hel
I loved Brinstar Depths. Mostly because of Kraid, but I loved how it spun around also. The music was a great addition. But Orpheon doesn't seem to be related to Brinstar Depths at all, really. Aside from the spinning, which is also quite different, The stage is normal. IMO.

I loved Brinstar Depths. Mostly because of Kraid, but I loved how it spun around also. The music was a great addition. But Orpheon doesn't seem to be related to Brinstar Depths at all, really. Aside from the spinning, which is also quite different, The stage is normal. IMO.
There also happens to be a boss in the background of both. I wonder if Sakurai came up with the spinning idea out of nowhere, or he was trying to recreate Brinstar Depths. As far as I know, the only time the Orpheon would've been spinning was when it fell towards Tallon IV, and that wasn't seen in the game. Not to mention, queenie was dead by then.

antimatter

Smash Lord
i thought of a stage. remember where you fought the berserker lord? good times... good times...

DannyMDEFactor

Smash Cadet
The Space pirate base in Metroid Prime 2 was pretty cool. It would be cool if you were occasionally sucked in to the Dark world, where you'd have to stay near those light plant things to not get any damage.

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
I'd like for there to be an above-ground Metroid stage. But I do like the Metroid stages they've chosen up 'til now---sets a real mood apart from all other stages. And hitting lava always amuses me, even if it's myself.

There were some really pretty places in the original Prime that I thought would make good stages, but I don't really remember them too well now...never did get too far in that game. Incidentally, the last thing I remember playing in Prime was a chaotic area full of fire and lava.

(I am one of the few people who liked Brinstar Depths... because it was really BG-FG interactive, hehe.)

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
When I first heard about Norfair, I was okay with it being lava-based becasue I was sure this was going to be the home stage for a certain Metroid villian, but now it's nothing more than Brinstar-but-not-brinstar.

I would love to see Tourian as a stage, it could have Mother-Brain in the background and those rings of death for a hazard. Perhaps an escape sequence could somehow be implemented as well.

Grining_Ghoul

Smash Apprentice
A cool MP based stages would definetly be Phendara Drifts and the Chozo Ruins as ppl have mentioned earlier! What about that one stage in Corruption where you fight (can't remember his name) that android guy who starts destroying your ship, that looked like a nice place to fight or the area where you fight that guy (also can't remember his name) that uses ice, i'd be cool if as you were fighting he'd fly in and start making ice pillars shoot up from the ground!

:3

tanfastic

Smash Apprentice
I say sky town from Prime 3! although it would look a lot likes Pit's place... but it could be fighting on the missile thing... then it detaches and makes it way to the seed then it could come crashing down on it! then a pod that would take you back to the beginning?

Bendario

Smash Apprentice
Of course, since Phendrana is SOOOO the location that symbolizes Metroid right? Snow? Are you joking? Who besides avid Metroid fans (or those who remember Prime well) would identify an open, snowy place with Metroid?

And yes, Prime did have a lava oriented area (Magmoor Caverns) as did Prime 3 (a large portion of Bryyo). And Prime already has representation in Brawl, and it has NO LAVA! I call it Frigate Orpheon!

Bendario

Smash Apprentice
****, man, read the first **** post. When was this thread made? Now look at the Figate Orpheon update. When was the date of that? That's right! This was made BEFORE that, and was soon abandoned until some people started posting here again!.......... ******.
Wow, chill out. How often do you look at the date things were posted before you respond? I'll place money on NEVER. Quit being a a hypocrite and go fail somewhere where you won't bother other people!.......... ******.

PipePlaza

Smash Cadet
SPOILERS FOR PRIME 3 CORRUPTION

How about a stage around the Aurora unit 313? It being in the background attacking the player.
while Phazon platforms randomly coming up and down like fountain of dreams.
And every 60 seconds it's head would detach from the neck and use a different array of attack while reattaching in another 60 second to it's neck

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties

How about a stage around the Aurora unit 313? It being in the background attacking the player.
And every 60 seconds it's head would detach from the neck and use a different array of attack while reattaching in another 60 second to it's neck
This... I like.

lonesoldier

Smash Cadet

how about platforms all around and you couldnt touch the floor cuz the phaazon would rack up your damage quick? it wouldnt launch you but it would sure as hell raise your percent alot.

PipePlaza

Smash Cadet
how about platforms all around and you couldnt touch the floor cuz the phaazon would rack up your damage quick? it wouldnt launch you but it would sure as hell raise your percent alot.
The floor itself there didn't have high Phazon concentrations plus, it would get annoying without big enough platforms as aerial characters would have too much advantage compared to others.

Top Bottom