• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Arizona Brawl Scene - TOURNEY on Jan 2nd!

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll try to make it Tuesday night. Gotta work on my Pikachu vs Snake.

Also, i need to get some practice against Falco. My brother picked him up and I need to get good against him so when I play him this spring, I'll be ready.

Dark shifter, looks like we'll be playing a lot this winter.

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace

Also, i need to get some practice against Falco. My brother picked him up and I need to get good against him so when I play him this spring, I'll be ready.

it sucks cause im at my house in gilbert all this thanksgiving break so i can't get any practice in :(

haha it does look that way. im going to be moving out of asu tho after this semester and living back in gilbert. ill of course still be active in the tempe smash community. btw, does anyone if anyone is hiring? i gotta get me a job pretty soon.

we are going to be playing sooooooooo much it will make our heads spin and then we will die but the person who we're playing with will say, "no johns.":p

EDIT: for tuesday, i should most likely be able to attend unless i have some big homework assignment or something. otherwise you can expect to see me there.

JustinKamikaze

Smash Ace

if you need any vs snake matches you could play mine or dookdiggitys

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wait now I'm confused.

Which one of you was the one I played with most at the last smashfest? The one with the longer dark hair?

And which one came outside to meet me on the street?

I get confused about who is who...like i said...didn't get names from anyone really.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Long dark hair sounds like Justin.

You can practice vs my snake too (even though I'm not very good with him. He's fun as hell). ^______________________^

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
Wait now I'm confused.

Which one of you was the one I played with most at the last smashfest? The one with the longer dark hair?

And which one came outside to meet me on the street?

I get confused about who is who...like i said...didn't get names from anyone really.
long dark hair guy was justinkamakazie

i was the one who met you out on the street. haha, that sounds dirty.

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
ugh... i have this huge accounting project that i have to turn in tomorrow that i just barely started. i don't think ill have time to practice my snake for tomorrow :( any good accounting people in here that would like to help :)

Zardus

Smash Apprentice
Justin, I can definitely give you a ride if you wouldn't mind coming a bit earlier. I'll also check if Jill can give you a ride (she was the gal at last week's thing), but her car is freaking freezing so you'll probably want to pack a jacket :-)

Zardus

Smash Apprentice
Sure thing, DS.

Does anyone else need a ride? I don't mind driving (and/or organizing other people to drive) :-)

If anyone wants to bring an extra TV or system tomorrow, it would of course be really awesome. Also, there was mention last time of a list of phone numbers that people texted Brawl events to for those that don't follow Smashboards. Can someone send those people a heads up (or, if it's ok, send me the list)?

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
i just sent a txt out to some people to see if their interested. ill let you know who all wants to come.

thanks man. around what time do you think you can pick me up?

Zardus

Smash Apprentice
I'm thinking sometime around 6? Depends on who else needs rides and when they can be ready. Does that general time sound good, though?

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Any idea when the next one of these is going to be? As I said on the front page, I'm out of commission during the week, so I've got to miss most of this stuff. :( We've got to do some more weekend deals. I'd host something during one but my parents don't really want a bunch of college+ guys at the house, haha. I needs to find a brawl main, ahhhhhhhh. Can't ever decide on one.

JustinKamikaze

Smash Ace
yea i dont mind leaving a bit earlier ill pm you my number

and i dont really think you need a solid main in brawl like melee since brawl is more about match ups its good to play different characters

Jar'd

Smash Ace
But I play sooo many different characters that I'm still subpar with everyone so that even with the matchup advantage I don't do well.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm going to try to make it tomorrow. I'll have to see how work turns out. I never really know when I'm leaving. If I can make it, I'll be there around 7pm.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Hello Tempe... Hopefully not all of Tempe is messed in the head and only plays Brawl.....=/ but.. SV AZ is hosting a melee tournament.. in January.. here's the thread....

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=208174

Please come SV would greatly appreciate it.. all the details are in the thread.... Please show.. we've come to your tournaments.... (We even came for a Brawl tournament) *Bleh* so please come to one of ours.... we.. MIGHT have Brawl friendlies....Hence might....(meaning probably not cuz we hate it) xD but please show up if you can... it'd be cool to play with all of AZ in our hometown..

Zardus

Smash Apprentice
I improved the directions a bit. Let me know if they are confusing to anyone. If anyone has any trouble finding the place or parking or something, give me a call: 480-292-1619

So far I am giving a ride to DS and Justin. Anyone else need one?

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Hello Tempe... Hopefully not all of Tempe is messed in the head and only plays Brawl.....=/ but.. SV AZ is hosting a melee tournament.. in January.. here's the thread....

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=208174

Please come SV would greatly appreciate it.. all the details are in the thread.... Please show.. we've come to your tournaments.... (We even came for a Brawl tournament) *Bleh* so please come to one of ours.... we.. MIGHT have Brawl friendlies....Hence might....(meaning probably not cuz we hate it) xD but please
show up if you can... it'd be cool to play with all of AZ in our hometown..

LOL I POSTED THIS TWICE.

Zardus

Smash Apprentice
I seem to have misplaced my SSB64 cartridge. If anyone wants to play it, someone should bring one!

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm pretty sure i'll be there right around 7pm. if i can, i'll bring a setup.

Any chance you have another TV other than the HD one? i know you were going to look into it.

my cell is 574.253.3813

see ya'll in like an hour

Zardus

Smash Apprentice
I got my hands on an SD TV that we are playing on at the moment. I just got my *** whooped as TL :-)

See you when you get here!

Zardus

Smash Apprentice
So that was pretty awesome last night. I felt a lot better about my game than last week.

Who's up for it again next Tuesday? There was some concern that every week is too frequent for some, so if anyone does or doesn't feel that way, let me know.

If anyone wants to host next week, that'd be cool. Otherwise, I'll just start up some Smash and leave my door open cause I don't mind hosting. Also, there was a lot of soda left over, so I'll bring that along to whomever hosts.

Zardus

Smash Apprentice
Hey Jar'd, when're you available (is it anytime Friday through Sunday?) and do you need transportation? I'm free on the rare weekend every once in a while. Not sure about this coming one, but possibly.

PukeTShirt

Smash Journeyman
ok, i need to get in on this. im free very few and far between, but want to smash some new people for sure. Is there ever anything that goes down on fridays?

PukeTShirt

Smash Journeyman
i should be down.... im free tomorrow

EDIT: by friday, you mean tomorrow? Today is thursday... which makes tomorrow friday

PukeTShirt

Smash Journeyman
all things go as planned im in. i have a car, live @ baseline and hardy, and can provide a ride to those in need, as long as its not unreasonably out of the way, and if it borders on the unreasonable there is gas money to be collected :)

Jar'd

Smash Ace
I can usually get my own transportation, so you shouldn't need to worry about anything like that. Unless you wanna drive out to 44th street and Osborne. I'm sure my parents wouldn't mind saving a bit of gas money. :p I just usually can't go during the week cause of school and the rest of the family being busy with other things.

Top Bottom