• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Arizona Brawl Scene - TOURNEY on Jan 2nd!

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
Good smash fest. I couldnt believe I got third in singles especially with wobbles there and I cant believe me and my bro got second in doubles. Everyone knows im a horrible team partner.

Sao

Smash Cadet
Good smash fest. I couldnt believe I got third in singles especially with wobbles there and I cant believe me and my bro got second in doubles. Everyone knows im a horrible team partner.
You are an awesome team player, on top of it you guys run a unique team. Your bros ness scared the **** out of me that's why I was just jumping around with you trying to hold stocks. I think I have a lot more fun playing teams over singles just because certain characters are leaps and bounds better than others making every match for someone like me an uphill battle.

Singles:
DookDigity 1st
Justin 2nd
Kira 3rd
Wobbles? 4th

Doubles:
Dook and myself
Kira and his insane ness brother (sorry cant remember your name)
Justin and 2cute

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
I'll try to find ways to the smashfests. i noticed they are all like 40+ minutes away from where I am. but I gotta practice for devastation somehow.
it would be awesome if you could come. more people = more practice.

great smashfest
sorry i had to leave mid tourney, i was feeling good too :)

ill deff be there saturday

BTW- Wobbles you're a cool guy. I love your saying "if you go into a match thinking you're going to win, you're like 80% more likely to lose :)" that is seriously so true.
that is a quote to live by. wobbles too good. hope you both can make it.

Had a great time at the smashfest tonight. I really want to come to the tournament this saturday too but I get out of work at 6 and would be there by 6:30 at the latest. I assume that you guys are doing doubles first so is it possible for me to make in time for singles?
more than likely ya... come when you can. if you make it too late for tourny, there will be plenty of smash so no worries.

congrats dook for winning the tourny. your snake is beastly now(not saying it wasn't before). hope you liked your special prize for winning. hahaha. you best be rapping people at scsa and rep the az smash scene!

for the tourny/smashfest at my place. anyone and everyone is welcomed to come, starts at 3, as always bring setups if you can. tourny will most likely be free and im sure chris will wanna mm so bring some cash.

Starking

Smash Cadet
I might get to your place early if you don't mind Bryce. But otherwise, can't wait to play tomorrow.

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
starking and uh... someone else is gonna be comming early. yall can come when you want.

again... for any who missed it

SMASHFEST/TOURNAMENT SATURDAY MAY 30th AT 3:00pm

182 N COBBLESTONE
GILBERT, AZ 85234

DIRECTIONS: From the 60 get off on Val Vista and go south until you get to a small street called Park Ave. (Its the street right before Elliot) Turn right and keep going till you hit Cobblestone. Turn right again and its the house on the corner.

BRING AS MANY SETUPS AS YOU GUYS CAN!

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I think I got 3rd or 4th, I think Jard won and Chris got second... so then there was Kira, Starking and Bryce. We did a round robin because there were 6 of us lol.

On an unrelated note, my Sheik is the flipping *bomb*.

BigRay

Smash Cadet
hey guys sry i didnt show up again.

i hate to john, but im pretty broke and as some of you know i live crazy far (51st ave and southern) so i dont have a lot of money for gas. it sucks too cuz ive been wanting to play smash like crazy lately. i just feel kinda bad that i keep saying im going to show up and im never able to.

anyway, im going to try harder to go to every smash event now, even if i have to prostitute myself to fat, desperate ladies.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
First was me, then Kira, than I think Chris and Wobbles tied, then Starking, and then Bryce.

the results were like....
Jard won all his sets, except that he never played Kira
Kira won all his sets except for his set against wobbles
Wobbles went 3-2 only losing to Jard and I--ps. Bomb Shiek haha
I went 3-2 losing to Kira and Jard
Starking went 1-4 beating Bryce
and Bryce unfortunately, lost every set

it was fun though! we got a lot of practice and I loved watching Rob's ice climbers on melee
whens the next event anyone?

and bigray- I got some fat ladies who might take your offer and are willing to pay big bucks :)

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
the results were like....
Jard won all his sets, except that he never played Kira
Kira won all his sets except for his set against wobbles
Wobbles went 3-2 only losing to Jard and I--ps. Bomb Shiek haha
I went 3-2 losing to Kira and Jard
Starking went 1-4 beating Bryce
and Bryce unfortunately, lost every set

it was fun though! we got a lot of practice and I loved watching Rob's ice climbers on melee
whens the next event anyone?

and bigray- I got some fat ladies who might take your offer and are willing to pay big bucks :)
i beat rob and you 1 round thank you very much! ps. i suck now XD

gotsta get better and not get shakey when im doing poorly. i think my nerves are getting to me during my matches... ugh...

and rob is too good with sheik at brawl and too good with (insert character name here) at melee. need to train some more at melee so i can get at least 2 stocks off rob next time XD

edit: blah... i should go back and main marth...

edit2: would anybody be able to provide housing for me for devastation. it would be over 200miles on my truck going there and back everyday and i really don't want to do that. id provide my own food and transportation and ill be able to drive 1 comfortably and 2 squished in my truck. let me know please

neomadgic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
neomagic249
So when's the next smashfest? Devastation is coming around the corner, and i think we should get a few in before.

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
(This isn't meant in a rude way) You live in Tempe, why do you need housing?

This is why I keep asking if Devastation is in Phoenix, because I live in Mesa. Mesa isn't far at all from Phoenix, or is Devastation at the Northern TIP of Phoenix?

I am so confused :(

rugoodat

Smash Journeyman
(This isn't meant in a rude way) You live in Tempe, why do you need housing?

This is why I keep asking if Devastation is in Phoenix, because I live in Mesa. Mesa isn't far at all from Phoenix, or is Devastation at the Northern TIP of Phoenix?

I am so confused :(
It's at the Phoenix Convention Center.

I live at the northern tip of Phoenix.

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
Duffy you have to let me come over that day when M2k gets to your house man i want to play him. Also When are all of you guys going to devastation you going friday saturday or sunday of that weekend. BTW the brawl tourny is on the saturday of the devastation event. One last thing when is the next smash fest somone should host again.

rugoodat

Smash Journeyman
Duffy you have to let me come over that day when M2k gets to your house man i want to play him. Also When are all of you guys going to devastation you going friday saturday or sunday of that weekend. BTW the brawl tourny is on the saturday of the devastation event. One last thing when is the next smash fest somone should host again.

Uuuuuh.. I don't think so sorry.

Just play him at the tournament.

RenegadeRaven

Smash Ace
The only problem I have is the fact that I don't have a ride. I'll have to take a bus or 2 and the light rail to get there. Which adds up to over an hour just to get there. Then back when the days done. It's just that I don't even know how these big tourneys work so I'm a bit sketchy on times.

But it's all good, I could probably work it out. I'm not likely to make it out of pools anyway so the first day might be the only one that matters for me.

EDIT: Ok, back in Tempe. For how long? No clue.
But I can now get at them smashfests.

Top Bottom