• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Armor Project [updated August 30]

theEffinBear

Smash Apprentice
He had a fart all charged up, and he was going to use it as an edgeguard. DK's Fair hit him at the exact moment he farted. He was spiked to his doom, and I flew off the side and died. What happened to the SA? Is it possible that all super armor has a "break point" of some sort?
I would guess that you hit the Wario after his Super Armor frames ended. If I recall correctly, Wario's down-B's SA frames stop when (before?) the hitboxes activate; thus it is nearly impossible to interrupt the Fart, but you CAN trade hits with it.

But in any case, you're talking about Super Armor, and I'm pretty sure that regular Super Armor does not have a "break point" or anything like that. You can deal yourself over 200% damage by attacking a cluster of Smart Bombs such that they start hitting you during the Super Armor, and your character just freezes there, completing the attack that granted SA when all the explosions are done. You can take Marth's Final Smash (which has, as we know, ludicrous knockback) in the face while Super Armored and live to complete the move. Given these, it seems unlikely that regular Super Armor can ever actually break.

/RtEB

Luigi player

Smash Master
I don't know if this helps anything or not, but Wario has SA on his fart move, fully charged I believe...

Anyway, I was doing friendly matches with a wario player at a tournament one day, and I was DK. We were evenly matched, and something interesting happened midway through the match.

Wario managed to knock me off the edge, and while coming back, I started to wind up DK's Fair, just because some people are caught off guard by it.

He had a fart all charged up, and he was going to use it as an edgeguard. DK's Fair hit him at the exact moment he farted. He was spiked to his doom, and I flew off the side and died. What happened to the SA? Is it possible that all super armor has a "break point" of some sort?

Just thought I'd throw this out there.
Yeah Wario has SA in the Wario Wind, but this topic is for special SA... well at your example I think you probably just hit him before the SA started.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
This was a nice and interesting read. I know a little something that would fit in with this special armor theme. DK's cargo carry does not have super armor. It actually has something kinda like yoshi's jump armor. From what I have tested, DK super armors through all attacks for the duration of the cargo carry unless the attack has enough knockback to induce knockdown/tumble. Another interesting thing is that he also gets this cargo armor when carrying heavy items (like Wario's bike). Most attacks induce knockdown/tumble at around 2600 mph but each attack varies a little in when exactly it induces knockdown. It is important to know that whoever DK is holding does have super armor though (Ganon's dair at 999% didn't do anything when it only hit whoever DK is holding). This is only really useful in teams or against Ice Climbers/Wario's who leave their bikes but I think you should add this to your guide anyway (real stage hazards do a lot more than 2600 mph so not much help with those).

Top Bottom