• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ask Trela/Disciple anything thread

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Talked to Trela and he said let's do it.

So have at it peeps.

Ask us anything, but note we have the right to deny certain questions if we don't feel comfortable answering them.

I'm gonna keep track of all the questions and collapse them in the reserved spot.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Why is Twilight Sparkle Trela's favorite poni?

Where do you guys see Lucario in the next tier list?

Why beans, D?

I'll probably have more questions later!

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Why is Twilight Sparkle Trela's favorite poni?

Where do you guys see Lucario in the next tier list?
Top of B tier, but we're gonna need more than just Trela and Pitbull doing well to see that happen.

Why beans, D?
Old School cartoons and I like beans

I'll probably have more questions later!
Did you draw that avatar?
No, a friend did.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
BOOK?

What pushed ya too choose the name "D. disciple"

oh god, cheesy question but its gotta be asked. What made you choose and stick with lucario as your main? Both of ya~

I'm moving to minnesota in a few years to live with my buddy. Can you pretend to hug me to I get there so I can give you a hug? :>

D. Disciple

Smash Master
BOOK?

What pushed ya too choose the name "D. disciple"
It came from my childhood nickname "DD", when I was 12 or 13, I started to RP on forums and used DD as the alias for my character. When people wanted to know what it stood for, I came up with Dark Disciple and stuck with that ever since.

oh god, cheesy question but its gotta be asked. What made you choose and stick with lucario as your main? Both of ya~
I mained Pika since 64, I played him Brawl, loved him but had more fun with Lucario so I stuck with him.

I'm moving to minnesota in a few years to live with my buddy. Can you pretend to hug me to I get there so I can give you a hug? :>

Sure
Answers are inred

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Do you think 1 stock matches would be good for this game?

Do you think 1 stock matches would be good for this character?

Do you like 1 stock matches?

Do you feel playing CPUs while treating them as actual players is a valid form of practice if you lack human opponents and rather not deal with wifi?

What do you guys think lucario's strongest zone is?

To both trela and d, of course.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Do you think 1 stock matches would be good for this game?
They are extremely fun imo. It makes you focus a lot harder since one mistake can cost you the match. Especially against ICs, really proves to see how much you've actually been practicing and point out your biggest flaws as to why you just lost that match instead of thinking of why you lost that stock.

Do you think 1 stock matches would be good for this character?
Yeah cause it will show others and ourselves how much do we depend on Lucario's aura to win matches. Since it would be equal ground for awhile, we can choose to fight with low aura, or get more serious when we have high aura.

Do you like 1 stock matches?
Yes

Do you feel playing CPUs while treating them as actual players is a valid form of practice if you lack human opponents and rather not deal with wifi?
Always do, there was a time when none of the MN smashers asked me to play and I used the comp to practice instead of going on wifi for awhile. I did the same thing when the game first came out if i couldn't make it out to chexr's or aarosmashguy's place to play with them or a fest or tournament.

What do you guys think lucario's strongest zone is?
Air

To both trela and d, of course.

Woot there we go

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
D Disciple, when are coming back to Houston? All these empty promises...only make me more cynical...

Trela...OOOOOOOOOOoooooooh.

I expect immediate responses or I will punch you in the aorta when I next see you.

:phone:

D. Disciple

Smash Master
D Disciple, when are coming back to Houston? All these empty promises...only make me more cynical...
I know, I'm sorry for making promises I didn't keep. No more excuses, tired of coming up short. I want to go to whobo 4 though. However, I'm gonna need help getting there. (Hate asking for help)

Trela...OOOOOOOOOOoooooooh.

I expect immediate responses or I will punch you in the aorta when I next see you.

:phone:

Answer in red

tekkie

Smash Master
what things that would help Lucario players are a lot of players not implementing or practicing?

what sort of technical concepts should more players be implementing?

culexus・wau

by zone I meant some sort of spacing lol.

ex: DDD would like to keep lucario somewhere around ftilt range most of the time to zone him out

D. Disciple

Smash Master
what things that would help Lucario players are a lot of players not implementing or practicing?

what sort of technical concepts should more players be implementing?
Airwalking, Reducing your landing lag by cancelling an aura sphere charge.

Easiest way to practice airwalking or out of shield options, is force the computer to the edge, shield their get up attack and punish it.

Use every throw and think of options and option selects with them.

Come up with different ways of conditioning so you're not predictable all the time.

Practice getting over obstacles and traps, and perfect shielding projectiles into whatever.

You can call up anyone, and have them play as snake, or someone with a projectile and tell them to bombard you with them until you feel comfortable that you can handle certain situations and still have control over the stage.

I still feel like we're 2 years behind everyone else for how high Lucario is on the tier list.

by zone I meant some sort of spacing lol.

ex: DDD would like to keep lucario somewhere around ftilt range most of the time to zone him out
I knew what you meant Flame, fsmash zone is there. But I like his aerial zoning more.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'm glad you answered my question.

Since Trela did not respond, he gets a special present this weekend.

And by present, I mean a punch in the aorta.

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
Trela: Same question as Ryu

Both of you: How the **** do I play Wario? He's like a fat leaf dancing in the wind but he hits like a truck and poopies all over my shield.

culexus・wau

Trela didn't answer any questions yet ; ;

Do you have any sort of interest in other competitive games right now?

Any Games of not competitive variety that you guys wanna play soon?

again, to both of ya'll

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Trela: Same question as Ryu

Both of you: How the **** do I play Wario? He's like a fat leaf dancing in the wind but he hits like a truck and poopies all over my shield.
Play a bait and punish game with Wario. If the Wario player isn't trying to time you out then a bait and punish game is the best way of beating him. Lure him closer to you and punish with tilts, dairs out of shield and grabs. If he spotdodges after a fsmash, jump and hesitate before you dair him. Utilize our lingering hit boxes they work wonders.

Trela didn't answer any questions yet ; ;

Do you have any sort of interest in other competitive games right now?

Any Games of not competitive variety that you guys wanna play soon?

again, to both of ya'll
Competitive - UMVC3, SFxT, SCV, AE2012, LoL and Dota 2.

Non competitive - I'm always competitive but probably wont enter tournaments for them. So this list can be very long.

culexus・wau

I wanna buffer everything and commit super ****ing early because I WANNA KEEP MOVING GUESFUGAUGEJGJKE

how do I stop this destructive line of thinking [for lucario]

and learn to bait more passively.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
do you think SFxT will always be 80% timeouts?
Since EVO is making it 2v2, no. Plus no gems either so you don't have to run from Hugo or do infinites until his gems run out.

I wanna buffer everything and commit super ****ing early because I WANNA KEEP MOVING GUESFUGAUGEJGJKE

how do I stop this destructive line of thinking [for lucario]

and learn to bait more passively.
You can keep moving, just don't move closer to the opponent all the time. Learn to control yourself better in the game. I do the same thing and it gets me in trouble a lot too. Even though I still think I'm super patient at times.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I've noticed I become easily nervous, and it really makes even simple playing difficult at times. I'm starting to think I only do well against completely predictable people or people I play often, because good players or even new people, regardless of how well I can figure their playstyle, shake me up and prevent me from capitalizing on their mistakes or I die to silly stuff. How does one avoid this or cope with it?

D. Disciple

Smash Master
I've noticed I become easily nervous, and it really makes even simple playing difficult at times. I'm starting to think I only do well against completely predictable people or people I play often, because good players or even new people, regardless of how well I can figure their playstyle, shake me up and prevent me from capitalizing on their mistakes or I die to silly stuff. How does one avoid this or cope with it?
I'm gonna give two answers, a cause/effect.

I threw this thinking process out the window a long time ago. But, I think it would benefit you very well. Play the opponent as if you are playing against friends or people you play on a constant basis. Meaning, think of how comfortable you are when you're playing against a friend. You know how they play, their good habits and bad habits.

Compare what they do against your current opponent. if the opponent isn't doing something that your friend does or is getting hit by something you know your friend wouldn't get hit by.

If that doesn't help, do what I like to do whenever I play. I honestly don't think about the game or the person I'm playing. I think about tv shows, quotes from movies, lyrics. Anything that I read, watch, or think that's funny or I like. Whenever I play I shut out the game completely and think of my favorite things (Damn you Sounds of Music). It helps me out a lot especially when I lose a stock.

culexus・wau

I know you play other fighters D

How does the idea of stagger pressure translate to this game

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
If that doesn't help, do what I like to do whenever I play. I honestly don't think about the game or the person I'm playing. I think about tv shows, quotes from movies, lyrics. Anything that I read, watch, or think that's funny or I like. Whenever I play I shut out the game completely and think of my favorite things (Damn you Sounds of Music). It helps me out a lot especially when I lose a stock.

Top Bottom