• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ask XIF About Peach Thread, because Cort is like 65 years old.

MacD

Banned via Administration
i know you can right after the shine, you just sheild jump out of it and nair, the timing is a little hard but not really, i always get greedy or do it a little to late but it's easy enough, i mean you're just shield jump nairing

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
As for Sheik...

If d smash is working then use is. I will say that d smash spam does not work at higher levels. THE MOST IMPORTANT THING when fighting sheik is spacing. Her priority is too good, so you need to space yourself away and hit where she can't hit you. Turnips are invaluable. Don't go into the air too much. Short hopping and low floats are fine, but you're asking for trouble otherwise, Peach can't compete like that. Peach's d tilt is amazing in this match. It has great spacing, it's like a move made for fighting sheik. You can also get alot of combos from it, ranging from dash attack to uair to nair/umbrella; grabs; u smash to uair; etc. Bread and butter edgeguard is to hang from the ledge and get up as the sheik comes back. You force her to land on the stage instead of grab the ledge, and the lag is so long that you just d smash sheik back off. Be careful of the up B hitting you, or sheik being able to hit you before she up B's, or mistiming it and letting sheik grab the ledge anyway. You should practice that edgeguard, because it turns a sheik off the stage at 60 into a dead sheik, and letting her back on is just never in your favor.
To add to the edgeguard tip against Sheik...

At higher levels of play, the Sheik will more than likely CC your Dsmash when he is at higher percentage (high enough for Dsmash to kill if not CC) and let go at the right time so your Dsmash sends him towards the stage instead of off. To counter this, quickly get up from the edge, float past the Sheik and FC Nair the Sheik off the stage instead. And just repeat the cycle until the Sheik dies or can't make it back onto the stage.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
1) Kouryuu is correct, and this is a strategy I use sometimes but only when I see they start to cc the first hit of the d smash

2) Yes you can, but only when they miss their fastfall (or worse for them l-cancel.) Trying to FC nair out of sheild will get you punished if they do it perfectly (Coming from Lambchops and DSW experience) and they can also pull back on a dair and wait for you to miss the nair or sheild grab and f smash. In general your best option is to learn the timing on the pillar. With experience you can tell when they miss a fastfall or l-cancel. At low percents, sheild grab > uthrow > dsmash(very low percent) or dash attack (40 or so). At higher percents, just FC nair and go for the edgeguard.

3) Peach's d tilt is good precisely because it slightly outranges her d smash. Many people know the spacing on d smash and use that spacing to punish peach. That range they get into is perfect to hit the d tilt, and the D tilt is probably her best combo starter, albeit not as useable. Otherwise d tilt doesn't serve a very good purpose, but that one is good enough for me. I find u tilt useless, I'll use it sometimes, but rarely ever, and not enough to suggest practicing it.

4) Just DI away from falcon. You're gonna get combo'd don't feel bad it's just the matchup, just try to minimize the damage by getting off the stage or DI onto a platform. Peach can make it back against falcon. Remember to switch your DI to up if he goes for the knee.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
4) Just DI away from falcon. You're gonna get combo'd don't feel bad it's just the matchup, just try to minimize the damage by getting off the stage or DI onto a platform. Peach can make it back against falcon. Remember to switch your DI to up if he goes for the knee.
Ah, so I guess the best I can do now is just practice not getting into position where I can be combo'ed :laugh: GL me...

And nothing shall continue working.
lol, how'd you sense I was posting about you again? :confused:
Well, now its you and j00t, though still more you. :urg:

Pink Shinobi

Smash Ace
Hey XIF,

Tips for me if you can! Some tips pweeze! ^_^

Sheik vs Peach on: Rainbow Cruise, Pokefloats, Green Greens
Fox vs Peach on: Rainbow Cruise, Pokefloats, Corneria, Green Greens

kthxbai

XIF

Smash Master
Hey XIF,

Tips for me if you can! Some tips pweeze! ^_^

Sheik vs Peach on: Rainbow Cruise, Pokefloats, Green Greens
Fox vs Peach on: Rainbow Cruise, Pokefloats, Corneria, Green Greens

kthxbai
I am being dead serious when I say put down the controller if you get green greens.

BAN
THAT
STAGE.

It's the most absolute horrid stage for Peach. You need to use your ban on that stage. If not for sheik then DEFINITELY against Fox.

I'm really not the person to ask about stage specific stuff like that, i'm an adamant opponent of such stages being allowed in tournament in the first place.

Corneria in general the wall is your friend. Against fox, the top part is just asking for peach to die at 50, and against fox he can also mega camp you up there. The ship also moves up or down (try it out, hold your float and you'll see you either hit the ground prematurely or end up a full body height above where you started) and this screws your float game vs fox, especially with the natural slants of the ship. So your only viable option is to try to stay ahead on percent and use that wall to get a whole bunch of d smashes or quick fc aerials and lock him down as much as possible. After that, you need to get him off the stage ASAP and make sure you've practiced up on fox gimps.

Against Sheik and Fox on Pokefloat and RC, you need to abuse the stage transitions to try and gimp them. You'd be surprised how many 60% d smash opportunities there are on those 2 stages. Other than that I got nothing.

They are all dumb stages that you shouldn't be playing on in the first place.

---------------------------------

I love you too NESN00b.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
LOL, I feel the same way about Pokefloats as you do for Green Greens. If my opponent is of equal skill or better, I usually just forfeit that match and go on to the next one... unless if it's match 3. Then I'm forced to play it... and more than likely lose (especially to a Fox). So gay...

@Xif

I need a bit of insight. It's about punishing out of shield.

If a Marth Fsmashes and I shield (he spaces it just well enough so he doesn't get shield grabbed)... do you think it's a better idea to float in OoS and FC Nair him or should I wavedash in OoS and grab/dsmash.

Which do you think is the safer/better option? Just curious to know what you think. Thanks.

XIF

Smash Master
Kouryuu: You can sometimes FC fair out of sheild if marth f smashes you out of nair or grab range, I do that alot, but It doesnt work nearly as good as nair or grab, it just has the range. At worst marth will sheild it though, and with proper spacing you shouldnt have to worry about repurcussions.

Dark Hart: I'm loving that fair to d tilt XD. Biggest thing was firstly the normal bane of peach players: panicking and spamming d smash. It's tough I know and even the best peach players are guilty of using d smash at inopportune moments. You just need to try and minimize that. The other is arrogance. Don't take this the wrong way, because this is a problem that every player has, which is they get a little ahead and start taking unnecessary risks, or get too aggressive. Against jiggs you were playing fine at first and then you started to go for some stuff you shouldn't have. Whatever got you ahead in the first place, keep on doing it. Keep on using those turnips.

CHEAP PEACH: I really don't feel like its a matter of playing offensively or defensively. The thing that annoys me about playstyles like Vidjo is that they give up on viable approaches and combos all for the sake of playing super super safe. Now I suppose I shouldn't be one to criticize a better peach player than me, but I always stand by the fact that if you can viably approach, do it, if not, then don't. It's not about blindly rushing in with FC aerials with no plan. I wouldnt want that to be seen as my playstyle. I'm certainly more aggressive than most, but I also think its a function of the technical way I play peach. I force more openings by being able to do very safe/quick approaches. With that being said, there are certain characters where openings are found far more less than others. Jigglypuff is the biggest one. The problem is that even when you find an opening, jigglypuff doesnt allow for you to capitalize it so much. Fox is a character that doesn't have alot of openings, causing one to play more defensively, but the difference is that once you get that opening you can play super aggressive. The ball is in your court, and against fox the biggest things is making that one little opening into a stock.

I hope this all helps.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
I need advice for possibly my worst match up, Jiggs.

If I'm shielding while my back is towards the edge of the stage and a Jiggs is spacing their Bairs, what would be the best way to get myself out of this situation (and I am not holding any turnips)? I can't Nair out of Shield b/c they're spacing (spacing really well in my case)... every time I roll, I end up getting punished for it..

Is there anything specific that you do, that will help me get around this gayness?

Also, what do you think is Peach's best NEUTRAL vs Jiggs? What is her worst? And are there any specific CP's that you take a Jiggs to with Peach?

Another thing.; what is your opinion on the match up? What do you think is the ratio for Jiggs vs Peach? The reason I ask this is because there are many people who give me mix answers. I'm curious to hear your opinion is.

XIF

Smash Master
I need advice for possibly my worst match up, Jiggs.

If I'm shielding while my back is towards the edge of the stage and a Jiggs is spacing their Bairs, what would be the best way to get myself out of this situation (and I am not holding any turnips)? I can't Nair out of Shield b/c they're spacing (spacing really well in my case)... every time I roll, I end up getting punished for it..

Is there anything specific that you do, that will help me get around this gayness?

Also, what do you think is Peach's best NEUTRAL vs Jiggs? What is her worst? And are there any specific CP's that you take a Jiggs to with Peach?

Another thing.; what is your opinion on the match up? What do you think is the ratio for Jiggs vs Peach? The reason I ask this is because there are many people who give me mix answers. I'm curious to hear your opinion is.
Your best solution is to jump over her if possible. Many jiggs try to cover this though, but a full jump, or dj floating dair above her covers you fairly decently. My best advice is that you want to stay as close to the center stage at all times ^_^; Otherwise just get their rhythm down, an opening will appear eventually, side steps still work. You'd be surprised as well how often you can just pull a turnip in their face. Many jiggs rely on you coming to them, so standing still and pulling a turnip is a viable mind game as well. And then you can just approach normally.

Best neutral is probably YS. Any stage that helps you kill her early is good. I dunno about a worst neutral... DL64 is bad but it's bad for both sides. I'll say DL64 and leave it at simply "Annoying."

The matchup is probably something like 6-4 or 7-3 in Peach's favor. Your success is a direct function of your patience. I don't think that there are any recorded matches of me beating hungrybox, but out of the 3 or 4 times we've played at tournaments, I've lost only once. That video is online, and you can see me get impatient and lose.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I'm gonna have to disagree with some stuff:

Green Greens: remember when Chillin counterpicked Xelic here during FC crews? Fox's problem on Green Greens is similar to his problem on Yoshi's: he can't get away. The side platforms are about the size of the downsmash so it's really hard to get away, and with good DI he's only going to kill you about 10% earlier than on Stadium. However, with really close sides, it's really easy to get faster kills with Peach since there's no space for him to recover. You can pressure camp with turnips to a certain extent with full blocks, and force him to approach you with a nair for him to get CC'd downsmash. It's nowhere near an ideal situation, but it's not as hopeless as XiF makes it out to be.

I think Peach's best neutral against Jiggs is FD; you have space to turnip, she can't trap you on platforms, and you can almost play rushdown with correct turnip traps. FD is where I won against hungrybox. Yoshi's is small, so you can't get away, and one advantage Peach has on Jiggs is killing ability, and this significantly removes the advantage because Jiggs can kill almost if not as well as you.

araknophobik

Smash Master
wtf at doh
kouryuu when psychomidget is ruthlessly unleashing those backairs you jump way over him just get inside the stage use all your float/jumpness and backair if he tries to approach. you can also upb out of shield but i prefer just jumping over the puffy ****er
im pretty sure you asked the jiggs question cuz of PM thats why im using him as an example
he is the most agressive jiggs ive ever played and spaces really well, use that to your advantage and play passive (which isn't hard with peach) and the reason i say wtf doh is bc i enjoy playing jiggs on yoshi story its small enough to get nair kills at low percents. back in the day i beat jtb lee puff and most recently beat PM on that stage. ask mango we had a close match on that stage REALLY CLOSE but that was before he became super mango he was still good tho
if you want a demonstration i'll MM PM or JTB at leons tourny or w/e

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Thanks XiF/DoH

wtf at doh
kouryuu when psychomidget is ruthlessly unleashing those backairs you jump way over him just get inside the stage use all your float/jumpness and backair if he tries to approach. you can also upb out of shield but i prefer just jumping over the puffy ****er
im pretty sure you asked the jiggs question cuz of PM thats why im using him as an example
he is the most agressive jiggs ive ever played and spaces really well, use that to your advantage and play passive (which isn't hard with peach) and the reason i say wtf doh is bc i enjoy playing jiggs on yoshi story its small enough to get nair kills at low percents. back in the day i beat jtb lee puff and most recently beat PM on that stage. ask mango we had a close match on that stage REALLY CLOSE but that was before he became super mango he was still good tho
if you want a demonstration i'll MM PM or JTB at leons tourny or w/e
It wasn't only PM but Atlus as well. I lose to any Jiggs it seems. There is something in my game that just screws me over vs Puff.

I beat JTB at SCSA but that's cuz he wasn't aggressive. He made turnip approaches too easy... he was too campy. Probably why I didn't learn anything from beating him. =\ Though his rests OoS were gay as **** lol.

XIF

Smash Master
I'm gonna have to disagree with some stuff:

Green Greens: remember when Chillin counterpicked Xelic here during FC crews? Fox's problem on Green Greens is similar to his problem on Yoshi's: he can't get away. The side platforms are about the size of the downsmash so it's really hard to get away, and with good DI he's only going to kill you about 10% earlier than on Stadium. However, with really close sides, it's really easy to get faster kills with Peach since there's no space for him to recover. You can pressure camp with turnips to a certain extent with full blocks, and force him to approach you with a nair for him to get CC'd downsmash. It's nowhere near an ideal situation, but it's not as hopeless as XiF makes it out to be.

I think Peach's best neutral against Jiggs is FD; you have space to turnip, she can't trap you on platforms, and you can almost play rushdown with correct turnip traps. FD is where I won against hungrybox. Yoshi's is small, so you can't get away, and one advantage Peach has on Jiggs is killing ability, and this significantly removes the advantage because Jiggs can kill almost if not as well as you.
To be honest, I prefer FD over YS against Jiggs, but I was thinking my judgment was biased cause I love FD more than any other stage. On paper I like YS, and for the most part I play fine on it, but really I can see FD being the best.

As for green greens, chillin has a notorious reputation of scrubbing out in random situations despite his obvious skill. I file him losing to Xelic on green greens as one of those (not to remove from Xelic's win, Xelic is toooooo good!)

The problem is the blocks. If the blocks werent there I would agree, but fox can simply use the middle to his advantage. If he stays to the sides, peach has to approach and peach doesnt have a single safe approach from above that the blocks force you to do. And then even if it goes to a battle in the middle, the blocks save fox, and give him a place to combo with. And then Peach still dies early (earlier than 10% less than PS BTW, unless blocks save you).

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Hey XIF, what's good?

I was wondering what you think about Fountain of Dreams as a general counterpick stage. The side platforms are often low enough to trap people w/ multi-hit Dsmashes, the ceiling is extremely high, and the stage isn't too big, so you can't be camped out.

Motel Vacaville of the West

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Dear XIF,

When is the "appropriate" time to use Peach's Up-B?

I only find it useful as a C_C_C_Combo Breaker. (And recovery I guess...)

Signed, Peach D-Smash scrub

XIF

Smash Master
Hey XIF, what's good?

I was wondering what you think about Fountain of Dreams as a general counterpick stage. The side platforms are often low enough to trap people w/ multi-hit Dsmashes, the ceiling is extremely high, and the stage isn't too big, so you can't be camped out.
Fountain of Dreams is always a good pick for peach, because the platforms do help her out alot, and screw alot of her tougher matchups (Fox and Falcon have awkward times maneuvering, Fox not so much but CF definitely). The platform d smashes are easily baitable though, but you can use them for other things. Alot of your aerials go through the platforms and hit your opponent, which is nice, dair can bring them through, etc. Sheik can abuse the platforms better, so I wouldnt suggest taking a sheik there, cause her needle game is really good there. Falco can abuse the stage very well also, you can check out game 3 of Mew2King vs DSW to see what I mean.

plz tell me DP doesn't stand for D4Rk P3ACH
trying to avoid name search <_<

::subscribes for more peach board lolz::
DP's Mario literally means DP's Mario. That's his screen name here. He's a little known Mario from southern Georgia (and does not get mike G practice <_<). But it's all good DoH, I did get 4 stocked by BlueZaft @_@.

Dear XIF,

When is the "appropriate" time to use Peach's Up-B?

I only find it useful as a C_C_C_Combo Breaker. (And recovery I guess...)

Signed, Peach D-Smash scrub
ending combos, and thats about it. Alot of combos vs Sheik can go something like d tilt -> uair -> up B (or you can add a dash attack in there if they mess u their DI on the dash attack). It adds a little bit of damage, and you can actually do the open close parasol to some effect against greedy players that try to attack you straight out of it. You're fairly safe at that point if the up B connects properly, so there's no reason not to attempt the open close, but don't expect it to land very often. Although in tournament I did land a d tilt>uair>parasol>close-open>close-open>ff u smash, for the kill on a sheik. Fairly satisfying, but very rare.

Motel Vacaville of the West

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Dear XIF,

Does Toad have any other uses other than being a meat shield? I randomly pull Toad out, and the lag leaves me vulnerable and I can easily be punished.

Signed, Peach scrub

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I think Fountain is great against Sheik. The platforms **** her up real bad because of her odd short hop, and it's small enough to where her speed advantage is fairly negligible. Platform traps are easy and you can trap her with a Cortish nair wall. The platforms can shield you from her needles as well, but I don't see why she has an amazing need game on this stage. The ceiling is fairly high so you can DI grab set ups a little bit longer, and the platforms again come in hand for teching fairs. I counterpicked Caveman here and almost 4 stocked him.

And bluezaft is super mean.

Cia

das kwl
wow @ thread title.

D'oh - that's only if sheik gives you control of the match. her grab game is enough to make that stage hers completely. and god forbid peach ever gets grounded on a platform. but it's better for peach in this match up than battlefield is.

i personally like FD vs sheik (maybe that's why RENO bans it against me)platform camping is eliminated. so i just get sheik in a corner, and rain on her **** w/ turnip > Dair > Nair > Dsmash > blaaaah.

:017:

Top Bottom