• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Aura is Mine!" Lucario Social Thread! (With More Moderators!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
I was watching zero play and I think up tilt is now a bread and butter move from what I saw. I could easily see Jab>Jab> uptilt> ? on some characters. Overall he seems more about juggling then horizontal fair combos.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I was watching zero play and I think up tilt is now a bread and butter move from what I saw. I could easily see Jab>Jab> uptilt> ? on some characters. Overall he seems more about juggling then horizontal fair combos.
???
Wait I heard his jab cancel was booty now. Is that really doable?

Itora

Smash Rookie
I loved him in Brawl. He just was... Okay at best. I love him in PM, one of my mains. I hope he's better now, I really love him. Remains my favorite Pokemon of all time.

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
His Up B is overpowered

Also the wide blast zones benefit him since he is able to survive longer with high % =more brutal aura :D

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Yay, time for some nonsense!

Does Anubis even work with n smash 4? I heard they took away the stock modifier.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
No Anubis, but with newcomers Robin and Villager, you can pull dumb shenanigans.

Heck, if you're about to die while teaming with a Robin, just let him heal a nice 20ish% off from you. It might even just boost you Aura to max anyways, which is a win-win on both sides.

Villager...pocket Aura Sphere and I assume Force Palm...what else can be said?

Last edited:

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Oh, I never thought of the Luca-Robin combo. That's actually pretty interesting sense Robin starts off with WOW SO MANY TOMES and his levin sword, and Lucario grows in strength as the match goes on to cover his back. I wanna try this now. Thank god my tourney partner seems dead set on using Robin.

Btw, I see you lurking Trela~ =w=

Last edited:

Arc Quilava

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snowboos
3DS FC
0748-3092-2840
Switch FC
7015-6523-1723
Well, I guess that only makes sense, considering the overall huge buff Aura got. Although I feel like it will make comebacks more difficult than before, being that there isn't any advantage after getting KO'd.
Question: Now that Force Palm has more range, moves quicker, and retains it grabbing ability, do you think it will replace or be used more often than jab combos? Personally I think, having seen his new jab combo as well, that it will be used more often up close during the early percentages, and then as FP gains more range at higher percents, it will be the grounded killing move of choice.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Depends on the moment. Jab has significantly less commitment when you throw it out. Up close, forcepalm will probably be the go to guarantied whiff punish at the very least. Might also be able to punish some spot-dodgers as well, so it's definitely an option to atleast be considered even if it isn't guarantied.

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
How would the Robin and Lucario combo work?

So :4robinm:/:4robinf: uses Norferatsu on :4lucario: and Lucario's aura goes up and :4robinm:/:4robinf: gets restored?

Does Norferatsu have launching?

Arc Quilava

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snowboos
3DS FC
0748-3092-2840
Switch FC
7015-6523-1723
Just realized.

Everyone here is a furry.

But not me. :denzel:
You're a rocketing raccoon. Pretty sure that qualifies as a furry. :]
Depends on the moment. Jab has significantly less commitment when you throw it out. Up close, forcepalm will probably be the go to guarantied whiff punish at the very least. Might also be able to punish some spot-dodgers as well, so it's definitely an option to atleast be considered even if it isn't guarantied.
In theory it sounds like an all around useful move, but I guess I'm not sure how powerful it is. I see what you're thinking, and it sounds like a good idea. I agree. But I do think Aura is much more integral this time around, so my point is that we'll have to change the way we handle FP at high percents. Judging from what I've seen, the move can reach through almost half of a FD stage when at full aura. We'd be missing out on a lot if Lucario doesn't take full advantage of that.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
In theory it sounds like an all around useful move, but I guess I'm not sure how powerful it is. I see what you're thinking, and it sounds like a good idea. I agree. But I do think Aura is much more integral this time around, so my point is that we'll have to change the way we handle FP at high percents. Judging from what I've seen, the move can reach through almost half of a FD stage when at full aura. We'd be missing out on a lot if Lucario doesn't take full advantage of that.
I'm not saying /not-/to use it as a spacing move dude. lol. I am however saying it is not the end all be all of up close moves and will definitely not deter the usage of jab as a much a better low commitment move for pressure. Same with d-tilt. As far as reliable up close options go, I think those will see much more usage then force palm in up-close situations. Sense you asked.

Forcepalm will more then likely become the go to punish, and the go to long range poke in conjunction with auraspheres. I was actually thinking it'd be pretty hilarious to force palm snipe someone after a shielded aurasphere from across the stage and see how much damage it'd do to shields.

As far as tricks and gimmicks go though, seeing as how SH-airdodge down-air is possible, it's also more then likely possible to abuse SH-airdodge 8 frame insta-grab as a more reliable mix up option now in comparison to brawl.

Just realized.
Everyone here is a furry.
But not me. :denzel:
Excuse you. :lucario:

Last edited:

Arc Quilava

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snowboos
3DS FC
0748-3092-2840
Switch FC
7015-6523-1723
I'm not saying /not-/to use it as a spacing move dude. lol. I am however saying it is not the end all be all of up close moves and will definitely not deter the usage of jab as a much a better low commitment move for pressure. Same with d-tilt. As far as reliable up close options go, I think those will see much more usage then force palm in up-close situations. Sense you asked.

Forcepalm will more then likely become the go to punish, and the go to long range poke in conjunction with auraspheres. I was actually thinking it'd be pretty hilarious to force palm snipe someone after a shielded aurasphere from across the stage and see how much damage it'd do to shields.

As far as tricks and gimmicks go though, seeing as how SH-airdodge down-air is possible, it's also more then likely possible to abuse SH-airdodge 8 frame insta-grab as a more reliable mix up option now in comparison to brawl.
Ah, I get you. I was just saying... yeah, I don't really know what I was saying. xp Thanks for clarifying though.

Hmm that sounds like it would be pretty nifty. I don't know about you guys, but I do tend to have trouble making successful landing approaches with Lucario, since they all tend to be so predictable. Do d-air and f-air still have a bunch of landing lag? I'm guessing they do, but, I haven't really seen many people play Lucario on 3DS, so.

Apologies if I say something completely unorthodox, I'm still pretty new to all of the vocab in this game.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Ah, I get you. I was just saying... yeah, I don't really know what I was saying. xp Thanks for clarifying though.

Hmm that sounds like it would be pretty nifty. I don't know about you guys, but I do tend to have trouble making successful landing approaches with Lucario, since they all tend to be so predictable. Do d-air and f-air still have a bunch of landing lag? I'm guessing they do, but, I haven't really seen many people play Lucario on 3DS, so.

Apologies if I say something completely unorthodox, I'm still pretty new to all of the vocab in this game.
Have you tried gimping the opponent? The knockback usually is enough for you to wavedash. The rage mechanic and Vectoring and can help you DI the opponent if they are above 200%. That should give you enough time to go back to the ledge and pull off a combo consisting off, U-Air, D-Air, Neutral combo, F-Tilt and then a F-Smash? Maybe you can juggle them with D-Air and hit 'em with an Up-Smash.

THIS DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium

Ahahaha, no it's fine dude. <3 To be honest everytime I type this stuff out i'm tempted to leave out abbreviations sense i'm not sure of the majority of people would get it. =X I'm honestly not sure about the f-air, d-air thing, because yeah. There doesn't seem to be many good Lulu streamers out there yet. I'm honestly just gonna wait til I get my hands on the game and get to experience it myself.

Arc Quilava

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snowboos
3DS FC
0748-3092-2840
Switch FC
7015-6523-1723
Have you tried gimping the opponent? The knockback usually is enough for you to wavedash. The rage mechanic and Vectoring and can help you DI the opponent if they are above 200%. That should give you enough time to go back to the ledge and pull off a combo consisting off, U-Air, D-Air, Neutral combo, F-Tilt and then a F-Smash? Maybe you can juggle them with D-Air and hit 'em with an Up-Smash.

THIS DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!
I hate to say it, but... no it really didn't make a whole lot of sense. At first I thought you were being serious though,Also, just to be clear, I'm referring to Brawl, I don't have 3DS yet.
Ahahaha, no it's fine dude. <3 To be honest everytime I type this stuff out i'm tempted to leave out abbreviations sense i'm not sure of the majority of people would get it. =X I'm honestly not sure about the f-air, d-air thing, because yeah. There doesn't seem to be many good Lulu streamers out there yet. I'm honestly just gonna wait til I get my hands on the game and get to experience it myself.
I think it would help if there was some sort of explanation for these sorts of things, but there really isn't one that's easy to find. Or maybe just "Smash for Beginners" guide or something like that.

Yeah, I feel that way myself. You can watch others play all you want, but it doesn't mean anything unless you can feel it for yourself. I don't know, maybe it won't matter as much, since Lucario looks like he's a lot less air oriented this time anyway.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
This is a new smash game so the "pros" are still learning the game themselves. If you want to learn some of the basics I suggest playing another smash game at least for 2 weeks(until smash 4 comes out). Then after, just learn with the rest of us.

Rose alumna

Smash Journeyman
does lucario still have that long up smash hit box or is that gone ...???

i come in peace u may not have seen this much pink on a lucario thread !!

Last edited:

Arc Quilava

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snowboos
3DS FC
0748-3092-2840
Switch FC
7015-6523-1723
Question - Does Lucario's Aura mechanic still make him weaker when he's ahead?
Yeah, possibly even a little more so unfortunately. Although we really haven't had anyone try to do the math yet.

Edit: Unless you mean stocks. Those don't have any effect now.

Last edited:

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
If only I could team up with myself, I could do the Robin/Lucario team. They are my planned mains, and I hear they make a great team because of Robin's healing. Looks like I gotta find a fellow Lucario player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom