• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Tesh

Smash Hero
MEGABUS TICKETS ARE NOW ON SALE FOR WHOBO WEEKEND.

You know you wanna go, so go to http://us.megabus.com/ and buy your tickets for 1 dollar each RIGHT NOW.

If you act now, the change in your pocket could get you across the country to WHOBO V!

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
Last brief reminders for the Fort Worth Classic tomorrow:

1. If you are bringing a set up, Please show up promptly at 10:30 AM. This will allow us with 30 minutes to ensure everything is okay with the venue before we let the general public in at 11am.

2. You may have noticed that I have crossed out the previous schedule for the last 36 or so hours. This was because someone was flying in from NYC for this tournament, and needed a ride from one of my judges. The matter was resolved without incident, and so the previous schedule was restored.

3. If you are entering Smash 64, Please bring both a gamecube and a N64 controller. I am lost in the amount of set ups people are going to bring for that tournament, and it is best to be prepared.

4. I will bring two extension cords and surge protectors to the tournament. One set is for my PC which I will be bringing, and the other is for the infamous windowed back wall, which has no electricity in front of the windows. I encourage you to at least bring surge protectors to the event so that we can get electricity for the event.

Reznor

work in progress
Wish I could go to Fort Worth but sadly I do not have a car and all my friends either have families or are already live in Fort Worth :glare:

Mike2

Smash Ace
Test. Test. Is this thing on?

Shauwne wifi me. Then, we can truly know who is better playing at 5 frames a second.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Oh hey, there's this thing again.
So I'm sure I've told some of you what's happening with the game night already.
Weekend of the 21st, Joel was busy stealing money from some kind of platypus or babies or something like that.
Weekend of the 28th, Ricky's busy with Space Jam.
Weekend of the 5th, I'm busy with whatever the hell it is I do.

EDIT: NVM. The 12th doesn't work either.

Shauwne wifi me. Then, we can truly know who is better playing at 5 frames a second.
No way, man. You can't make me go back there.
Though if you wanted to play MH3U or Soku...

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I already told y'all this, but today's no good either.

scionix

Smash Rookie
anybody a student at UT/live on campus? Just got mad hype over that smash documentary and would love to meet some people and start playing again. If you don't mind playing someone that's ass at the game, my condo is yours! Now to go CRT shopping...

Mike2

Smash Ace
anybody a student at UT/live on campus? Just got mad hype over that smash documentary and would love to meet some people and start playing again. If you don't mind playing someone that's *** at the game, my condo is yours! Now to go CRT shopping...
We pretty much don't play anymore. We've been trying to get together to play recently though. So check here periodically or subscribe to the thread to see when we're getting together. We'll write it down here when we do. I'm up for wifi every once in a while if you want to.

Seems kinda dead in here...

It's a version of the silent game. See how long we can go without posting. I just lost.

Suspect

Smash Hero
anybody a student at UT/live on campus? Just got mad hype over that smash documentary and would love to meet some people and start playing again. If you don't mind playing someone that's *** at the game, my condo is yours! Now to go CRT shopping...
your condo is indeed gonna be mine

GameBoyBob

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone play in the Austin area? I've been wanting to get back into smash, but I don't know any of the smash community in Texas. Is there anything going on?

Thunderpawz

Smash Rookie
It's very possible that I'll be hosting a tournament in Dripping Springs sometime soon, I'll post details about it as I get farther along

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
So a while back, Mike2 recommended that I try playing Brawl with a Classic Controller to get a feel for the controllers you can use in Smash4.
I didn't think it would be that difficult before I tried it, but holy **** is it weird. It'll definitely take a little time to adjust.
I'd recommend that those of y'all who'll be moving on to Smash4 try it as well.

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
>_>

<_<

Oh hey there. Is Smash4 out yet? no? *back to lurking*

So a while back, Mike2 recommended that I try playing Brawl with a Classic Controller to get a feel for the controllers you can use in Smash4.
I didn't think it would be that difficult before I tried it, but holy **** is it weird. It'll definitely take a little time to adjust.
I'd recommend that those of y'all who'll be moving on to Smash4 try it as well.
Wait, am I the only one buying one of these?

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
considering everything being wireless, and the amount of wireless that would be at a tourney, you're gonna get wonky no matter what.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Exactly. You don't want to have to deal with rabid sheep when you're already dealing with a werewolf infestation.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
well, it will be during the fairly large gap before the wii u comes out, and if things go smoothly, it could def be considered a standard or even side event due to everyone providing their own setups and venue could be anywhere really.

Top Bottom