• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
When will you be in Houston? Honestly, the place we're staying at is gonna be a sausage fest, so if plausible...staying at your place Saturday night would be lovely.
I'll be in Houston tomorrow night, and there is enough sleeping room for 6 people (2 people per bed, 3 beds) and 1 couch which I guess makes a total of 7. I have 3 TV's all are non HD, though one is kinda small. Plus theres a grocery store like 2 minutes away as well as a Shipley's and a CiCi's

Edit: I hope no one is allergic to cats because I have one

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
I can't really think of anything else that's tempting other than a movie theater, gas station, and pharmacy all being less than 5 minutes away... Gamestop, Walmart/Target are really close as well.

T-block

B2B TST
Hellooooo Austin

Some of you may know I was planning on flying down to meet Zigsta before MLG Dallas, but er... things may have changed? I'm just wondering if there's still a carpool going up to Dallas, and if it'd still be cool if I tagged along. If not, no worries... I may fly directly to Dallas instead... or something x.x

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Well to be fair Nick, HOBO usually goes till late night if I'm not mistaken. Though I do think Funplex has a curfew time.
I was just mentioning stuff that's around if you guys ever plan to stay at my house, like coming in on a Friday and you don't want to play smash all night.

Edit: That reminds me, there is a Go-Kart racing place called Track 21 that's also really close. I've never been but I hear it's good.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
1. Why is it impossible to find a clip of Wesker yelling "CHRIIIIIIIIIS" when it is most needed?

2. Wal-mart's open 24/7. :D

3. I call the seat behind Chris.

4. Will you still be there Saturday night, Nick?
I couldn't help but notice that you just said "I'll be there tomorrow night", but didn't mention whether you were staying Saturday night as well.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Yeah I'll be there all weekend, most likely coming back up Sunday night.

theeboredone

Smash Legend

3. I call the seat behind Chris.
Man-Law states you must call seat when you see the car. Most likely this is gonna lead me with the crap seat but oh well. It's the law.

We really need to establish the carpool for MLG Dallas. I don't want to take any chances. :(

:069:
The only other driver is Mike2, but you should look at it this way. Namely the people who wanted to go to MLG (including T-block) still have potential spots reserved assuming a 5 space car opens up. So yea.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
And you would be willing to accept us into your home should we decide that it would be the better option?

Law of the jungle supercedes man-law.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
And you would be willing to accept us into your home should we decide that it would be the better option?

Law of the jungle supercedes man-law.
If you let me know in advance yeah. That way I can ask and no one will get shafted if things don't work out.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Right of course. Personally, I would prefer staying at Nick during Saturday. It's gonna be a uncomfy Friday night, and I don't want to deal it after I'm tired, my feet are hurting, and everyone smells on a Saturday night. I would like to get back, shower, and sleep in peace.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Would you say you're located closer to Austin than Sync?
If so, I would prefer that we stay at Sync's Friday night for the smashfest and Nick's Saturday night after the tournament. Like Mustafa says, it's going to smell on Saturday night.
If not, it would probably make things easier on Chris to stay at Sync's both days.

This is, of course, if Chris doesn't have a specific reason to stay at Sync's Saturday night.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Here's my address if you want to compare

15110 Yorktown Colony Dr. 77084 Houston, Tx

Though I'm pretty sure I'm closer to Austin than he is.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
You've never seen Azumanga? It's a quality anime.
Look up "Waka Laka for Osaka".

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I'd say it's about even.
Lucky Star doesn't have Mr. Kimura or Osaka.

And Chris, your memory is amazing. o_o

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I've heard of the anime, and watched some clips...but...what is this? Does this even have a story to it? Lol.

Chris, I'll give you a text/call when I get out of class (2). I'll let you know when I'm ready to go.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
I've heard of the anime, and watched some clips...but...what is this? Does this even have a story to it? Lol.

Chris, I'll give you a text/call when I get out of class (2). I'll let you know when I'm ready to go.
It does not. It's like watching a conversation, or Seinfield.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Chris, I'll be using a different cell number for this trip.
If you get a call from a 317 number around 2 P.M., pick it up.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Alrighty, Shaun.

Guys, if you get to my place around 2 PM, go ahead and knock. If no one lets you in, it's because I'm still walking back from my class and/or my roomies aren't home. I get out at 1:50, and it'll take me 20 minutes to get back to my place.

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
Ok guys big news. February 2011, weekend of 18-19. There will be an anime and gaming convention, on the Texas A&M Kingsville Capmus. There will be tournaments (Brawl, MVC2, SSF4, Reach, Black Ops, Magic, Yu-gi-oh, warhammer), contests, **** to buy, **** to do, maybe Larping. Clear your calenders now!

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
However, having a pedophile isn't necessarily a +1 to Azumanga.
What.
You have to be the ONLY guy in the WORLD that doesn't like Mr. Kimura.

Oh, and I almost killed someone on my way home, Chris.
Stupid biker with headphones on swerved across the road into the other lane as I was passing him and I was half-asleep so I almost missed the buffer.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
What.
You have to be the ONLY guy in the WORLD that doesn't like Mr. Kimura.

Oh, and I almost killed someone on my way home, Chris.
Stupid biker with headphones on swerved across the road into the other lane as I was passing him and I was half-asleep so I almost missed the buffer.
That's ok. Pedestrians aren't worth that many points.

Also, did you guys find the Shipley's?

Suspect

Smash Hero
I fuggin LOVE shipleys, I stop by there almost every morning after work. RIGHT across the street from my house.

Even if I don't work, im most likely there in the morning, easily spend over $100 a month on donuts/juice/milk!

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for housing us Nick. You have a nice home and family. Also thanks for driving Chris. : D I will pay you sometime this week. Sorry I didn't have cash on me. : /

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Charles ALWAYS gets some.

Had a great time at HOBO with everyone. :)

Top Bottom