• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
Actually, i havent had any in awhile.

I may indulge sometime this week or the next

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Yep. Fresh donuts in the morning. Good stuff. Thanks again for housing us Nick. Really cool family you have.
Thanks for housing us Nick. You have a nice home and family. Also thanks for driving Chris. : D I will pay you sometime this week. Sorry I didn't have cash on me. : /
Anytime guys! I just hope you guys got a decent 2-3 hours of sleep before you hit the road. I was more tired than I though I was, by the time I woke up it was really late so I had to leave for Austin right away. I didn't hear you guys wake up either, I would have seen you all off.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Yes, thanks again for letting us stay there for a few hours, Nick.
Your parents seem really nice, too.

And thank you for driving, Chris. I know you probably had more to do today than any of us, too.

Wow, I just realized that Gova placed 17th at HOBO.
GOOD JOB, NICK

theeboredone

Smash Legend
****. I think I may have left my tooth brush at Sync's place. I Pm'ed him about it. Hope it's still there...not sure what anyone would want to do with a brush that runs on a irreplaceable battery / no charger. Hope it's there.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Sure thing, Joel.

I'm the only one who didn't get 17th?! Dang it, why did Zori have to get sent to losers so early!

I took at nap after my film shoot at 5 and forgot to set my alarm...so I woke up at 3:20 AM. XD

theeboredone

Smash Legend
The fact that we went to Shipley's 10 minutes after it opened up made it even more delicious. In the words of Lotso, "Awwww that's nice".

Chris, I'm surprised you didn't crash on the wheel. If something like that ever happens again, I wouldn't mind driving for some part of the way. Especially given what you had to do deal with after we got back lol.

PozerWolf

Smash Journeyman
Hey, just wondering: how popular is this game in Austin?
Wondering if people are still playing around here.

Reason I ask is because ATM I have a lot of spare time, and gonna go about trying to find a venue to host my next console tournament (been some time since I hosted an event outside the Arcade). Not sure if I can find this "venue" or not, but once I do I will consider SSBBrawl onto the list.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Brawl's popular here. My weekly fests typically run 6-10 people.

A venue would be AMAZING.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Indeed, it would be (especially since everyone here that goes to U.T. is too shy to ask about renting a room).

Umm... Is there a smashfest this week?
I'm quite eager to play more with Olimar to get my endurance up for the next HOBO. ^_^

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Probably won't be a fest this week with all my film shoots. Crewing on a shoot tomorrow, shooting Death Note Thursday night, and shooting Sick Daze Friday. Then Saturday and Sunday I'm crewing two shoots a day.

Also, I'm not shy about asking for a room at UT--just super busy.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
BTW. I might be able to get fast internet out here after tomorrow and I'm in the process of repairing my laptop, so I'll probably be able to upload videos (that don't have static) as soon as the day after a smashfest soon. ^_^

Mike2

Smash Ace
need.smash.fest.bad.

this online **** gets old fast. on that note if anybody wants to play a few games ever offline get at me. thanks

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'm buying a 19'' SDTV for 20 bucks, so next Zigfest, we'll have 3 TVs: Mine, Mike's, and Shaun's.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Wifi is terrible.

Mike, you should have come to HOBO so that we could have mikeHAZE and mikeTWO.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Hello!
Umm... Who are you again?
(No offense intended, I just have a really hard time remembering people I've only met once)

EDIT: It's official. Hilt is coming down to Texas for WHOBO 3. ^_^

EDIT 2: Joel didn't move on the Texas PR at ALL, even after the HOBO 28 results were posted.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Oh, I see.
Well, it's nice to meet you, then. ^_^

I hear Beaumont has wonderful fog and DI.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Haha, what made you give a shoutout to Clover, CY?

On a side note, my sound guy for my shoot Friday is LEGIT. In the name of all things Disney, this shoot is shaping up to be AMAZING.

If anybody's interested in helping out, I'm always looking for help around set.

EDIT--I also miiiiight be down for a Zigfest this Friday if you guys are cool with starting at like 8:30 PM.

CY

Smash Ace
Oh, I see.
Well, it's nice to meet you, then. ^_^

I hear Beaumont has wonderful fog and DI.
Ahh, Beaumont DI. 'Tis just lore now, as Esca and I have AMAZING DI! not really, my DI is still pretty average at this point.

But let me take you down memory lane, dear Clover. Back in January 2009, takeurlife2(who used to live in beaumont, now dallas) and I went to jowii's house for housing before Final Smash 5. People here were the likes of bwett, dphat, DMG, and some other Dallas peeps. So this is how Beaumont DI began! So TAKEURLYFE2 is playing Bwett and everything was going as planned, Bwett was ****ing him up when ALL of a sudden, BAM! Yoshi fsmash connects to takeurlife2 who was playing marth, and dies at 60%!!!!!!!! Not even a charged fsmash, just a c-stick fsmash that killed him at 60%. He didn't even go straight, he actually went downward and everyone laughed at him.

That is how it all began, Clover. Hope you enjoyed this story. gl hf gg

also the fog here isn't that bad, Austin just sux LOLOLOLOL so u get fogs LOLOLOL

Top Bottom