• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

TheKoopaBros.

Smash Journeyman
Why are you being so doubtful? There is a tourney coming up in a few weeks 100% confirmed, and you know that. Just because you came came in during a...hiatus, doesn't mean Brawl isn't active. This is why I have to keep lurking the thread to make sure people aren't being misguided into thinking there's no Brawl community here. =3

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=281836&page=6

Link to the tournament Skidd seems to be doubting for some reason. :x There wasn't a lot of Brawl over the Summer because of several people leaving/TOs being busy with life, but we had monthly tournaments and lots of smashfests before that, and the same will happen again come late August/early September.

Out of curiosity, where will you be going to school? When I get back to BC, I'll be in Burnaby as well, so we should definitely play some time. =]

Edit: Can't wait to see what happens at Apex. Good luck guys. ^.^

:005:
Too bad that tournament is in August. Its a bit of a journey from Vancouver Island to there currently. Glad there are at least a few brawl going ons. :)

I'll be at BCIT starting in early September, and sure I'd love to play you or anyone else. Locally I hardly ever would get to play anyone so I'm looking forward to it.

booshk

Smash Lord
my name's wesley, SKidd.
you?

and it's okay firefly we'll tell anyone new brawl player to go pm you or sth lmao :p

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
The main reason I find brawl so ******** is how the players label themselves.

Do we call ourselves "melee-ers"? No, we just say smashers - Brawling/Brawlers sounds dumb as balls

Jumble

Smash Apprentice
No wonder 'brawlers' are usually less intelligent people too. Just something I've noticed...no offense...
LOL
jkz, there are dum and smrt peepole evrywhere

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
good luck eric and manuel at Apex. Manuel and Eric will be representing team Canada in the 5 man crew of Blunted, Diakanos, Raynex, Unknown522, and Kage. I suspect Canada has a chance at taking first place. Eric and Manuel should place top 16 in singles, accordingly. =)

SKidd

Smash Master
... If everything goes according to plan.

But Manuel and Eric are ****, of course it will.

booshk

Smash Lord
good luck eric and manuel at Apex. Manuel and Eric will be representing team Canada in the 5 man crew of Blunted, Diakanos, Raynex, Unknown522, and Kage. I suspect Canada has a chance at taking first place. Eric and Manuel should place top 16 in singles, accordingly. =)
crews is 5 ppl?
**** that'd be ****

good luck you two

Sion

Island of Horizon
I play Melee and Brawl

how smart am I
pretty smart imo

erc, i'll be watching livestream, so i better see you steamrolling through winner's bracket

manwall, you'd best be doing well as canada's representative as well, AND one of the few marths out there

booshk

Smash Lord
pretty smart imo

erc, i'll be watching livestream, so i better see you steamrolling through winner's bracket

manwall, you'd best be doing well as canada's representative as well, AND one of the few marths out there
how does livestream really work
are we going to have to watch people play that we don't care about?
or can we like find eric/manuelonos in the live stream somehow
i've never used it o_O

Jumble

Smash Apprentice
Hopefully they have more than one livestream going. If not, you get one choice and can only watch whoever they feel like putting on. Often, it's the same people like Jeff etc, which is good, but diversity is nice. As well, they better put this stuff on youtube in decent quality so I can see some eventually. I'm gonna be at Shamabhala all weekend so no smash hype here.
Best of luck ercmanwall!

LOL Firefly, I hope you're not serious or you're proving a point that I meant to be as a joke (hence the jk you missed?) 'Brawlers', or just a few of you, are way too filled with some sort of pride you think you have and are constantly defensive about nothing (maybe it comes with being campy? lol jkz)
Like really, we're all in this together and it's all fun. Enjoy yourself and take it easy, chill. LOL

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Saying LOLjkz doesn't make up for the fact that you called an entire community of people stupid. Why would you even bother posting that? It didn't look like a very good joke to me. Where was the punchline?

If any of us are getting "prideful" or "defensive" (funny camping joke BTW, both clever and original), it's because of how common it is for some Melee players to simply belittle Brawl and its players for no reason. Hate the game all you want, but stuff like that is completely unnecessary, and I particularly hate seeing it here because this is where most new people come to look for competition, be it Melee or Brawl. I'm sure it's fun for all the Melee players, but I don't think any Brawl player enjoys reading stuff like that, whether they're new or not.

Also, where the hell did the "Brawlers" thing come from? I tried to find an example of a Brawl player using that term, but I didn't see anything. >.> I think it sounds awkward too, though I may have used it like, once or twice a while back. It's not a common term...

:005:

SKidd

Smash Master
Firefly was saying it was offensive to him (I guess)

but you know who's REALLY stupid?

smash 64 players. :)
nah, jk

edit: postin at the same time, didn't see what firefly posted when i posted.... lol.

and where's my livestream link :mad::mad::mad:

Sion

Island of Horizon
the melee community is hilarious

i'm not innocent of belittling the brawl players, but i kinda see what you're getting at, jake. just remember, most, if not all of us played brawl at one point in our lives. also remember that the main reason we act this way towards the game and sometimes its player base was because the game itself shot down every expectation we had x1000. this in no way vouches for the behavior of some, but it definitely gives a reason for it.

idk about bamesy(jumble), though. his posts inconsistent regarding seriousness

G.I._JOE

Smash Journeyman
u dont cuz u asked lol anyway jack used to host lots of tournies/smashfest at sfu and hes probably 2nd best smash 64 player in canada btw what character do u main in melee? lol

SKidd

Smash Master
Wait, I asked you?
:confused:
I main Fox in Melee, because fox is for pros.
I also use Mario, because I'm cool.

Get@Will

Smash Champion
When a grown *** man masturbates, he probably yells out "EXTREMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" when he shoots his load.

just sayin

Top Bottom