• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

Diakonos

Smash Lord
No, I agree that pools is a really good idea. In my opinion it's not too hard to pull off if we have 1 TV per 4 people. :p

Violence

Smash Lord
Back home.

**** tournament, guys, good to meet everyone.

Vids are going up asap on my channel BCSmashViolence.

There were some complaints about no commentary and no livestream, but I'll slowly start to add those features as the months go on. For now, I hope you guys enjoy the massive amount of vids I'm about to unleash on youtube.

Violence

Smash Lord
I also found a pair of black headphones at the venue. If anyone is missing a pair of black headphones, pm me the name of the company which is printed on the headphones, and we'll arrange a time and place I can return them/smash with you.

booshk

Smash Lord
good tourny juys, even though i couldve done better :(

sO DEPRESSING
anyways

GG yakal sorry i couldnt finish our money match, defo's on for sure next time k? sorry for not putting up a challenge today, lol, next time i'll take you on for that quadruple or nothing LOL ;)

and thanks whoever said my marth was good during the MM with yakal!.. i realized i didnt reply but thanks ;)

ps. get hammed will

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
Elegantly douches be too good.
GET EM BROWN BOOUN
If the BOOUN part was there, finals would've been a different story.
And the rest of the OK and Island. /Johns
;)
See you in november

Back home.

There were some complaints about no commentary and no livestream, but I'll slowly start to add those features as the months go on. For now, I hope you guys enjoy the massive amount of vids I'm about to unleash on youtube.
Don't even think about the complaints etc.
You did awesome, more than anyone else did at the tourney. MVP style like Eric/Meta etc.
Everyone who complains is just ungrateful (it's typical) if they can't figure that out.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much fun!
It's like relearning everything at a faster pace! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT!!!!
<33333333333333333
THREETHREETHREE

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
I hate how when I get a warning/infraction - I see victors username with a heart beside it

like a slap in the face lmfao

and booshka - it's always a challenge with your marth

it's all fffooooooohhshhhh on the left or right platform

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Back home.

Good **** Eric.

Also, I sandbagged against Yakal in brackets.

That is all.

GG's.

Bamesy

Smash Ace
BOOOOOSHK on the left or right platform. LOL
LOL Adam
I sandbagged againts Adam in Crews.
That is all.

GG's.

No I can't say that, I just got ***** for shielding grabbing and bad DI.
Nobody in the history of melee gets 0-deathed more than me, it's so true.
But it looks so freakin cool!

AJ Backtilted Meta in the face.
Glorious!

November 14th weekend, tourney?

Bamesy

Smash Ace
Let it be known that I beat Sion and Manuel in a 2v1, with Jigglypuff.

DOUBLE REST B*CHES

get arped
Double rested AJ and me then techchased Yakal all in the same match. SOOO GOOOD! LOL

Yeah that was pretty tight

also quite a surprising amount of encouragement from coquitlam to coquitlam

lol
Canada to Canada support is needed at International tournaments, but it's never happened.
As you know, it helps. We need to get EC co-funded to come to Genesis 2. Seriously, all of Canada at one thing will make Canada exponentially stronger.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
I would not be a proponent of that.

But btw Yakal arped yesterday, I was impressed. Except against me; he's falco.

Bamesy

Smash Ace
I would not be a proponent of that.
I don't mean with money etc. Just encourage them to do so.
I don't want to reference the Okanagan, but we didn't start coming to tournaments because the community was awesome and supportive by any means, we came because we wanted to smash and help make the community become awesome. We've in almost no way been encouraged to come to Vancouver for anything aside from people individually asking me and/or Tim to come to things and we then gather who wants to come with us. We put way more effort into getting to an event than it's sometimes worth it for the amount we end up getting to play and test ourselves, and we keep going because we want to be a part of it and keep improving both at the game and as a community, despite having almost no benefit in doing so a lot of the time.
I would've become part of it regardless as that's just the way I am, but if it weren't for a few kind words of encouragement or enjoyment from very few players in your area, I would have no outside reason to come to Vancouver for smash beyond wanting to play smash with other people and meet others. Most people aren't like me, and I know for a fact that encouragement helps. (everyone) [even Coq just commented that there was Coq 'togetherness' this weekend and they're one of the many regular groups that have been in the community for ages (must be because of thanksgiving lol)]
EC isn't going to put excessive effort into coming to anything WE go to UNLESS WE do something about it. Just as WE won't be massing up to go to something THEY will go to (as much) for something THEY all go to. If KK, Rayn, IB, EVERYONE else posted in our threads and hyped us coming to something EC, WE WOULD AT LEAST GIVE A ****. Otherwise, most people simply won't bother.
With 20 people yelling HYPE behind you, you'll do better, at small levels AND internationally. We've never had that internationally, and if we did you probably wouldn't choke even slightly because we'd all be behind you yelling FOR you. Everyone from Axe to AJ will regularly say how much it helps when someone says something simple like 'good stuff man' despite how rare it unfortunately is until they reach a certain level or are around enough. Where's that spark that you had to get somewhere? You can use it in other areas besides what you're thinking means 'improvement' if that's your attitude about 'helping EC out to get to something' to build on it.
I'm sure you didn't mean it in a bad attitude way as I never said any of this and 'cofund' is money talk etc, but I hope you understand this posts context.

At this point, I don't really care what your take on things are, I'm going to do my best to get things to be the best they can be. That means I'll do what I can to get all of Canada together at some point in time, whether it's Genesis or elsewhere. As far as I can see, Genesis seems like a good place for it, and now I'll have to figure out some way of making that happen. If there's any way anyone can help, that's all anyone will ever ask of anyone else. We're all in this together and helping each other is beyond better than doing things individually. That's absolute truth and at that, it's all I'll ask of it.
And happy thanksgiving, as well as thanks for the tourney. Canada(BC) too good. ;)

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
Fact: One of the few posts that James has made a wall of text that I actually read.

Good Post.

edit//:

「Sugawa」 says:
i want to shake your hand
Yakal - DODUO YO says:
Lets shake windows instead

You have just sent a nudge.

「Sugawa」 just sent you a nudge.

Yakal - DODUO YO says:
ohkthx
「Sugawa」 says:
LOL
Yakal - DODUO YO says:
xd

Sion

Island of Horizon
i got arped yo

in regards to your wall o' text, james, i did happen to thank the okanagan this one time at a tournament for being active despite the distance. i also mention some stuff to people that are growing from time to time, but it's hard to do so when i'm always losing in tournament and feel all depressed and crap.

otherwise, yes. shaking windows is the new thing.

Bamesy

Smash Ace
Fact: One of the few posts that James has made a wall of text that I actually read.

Good Post.

「Sugawa」 says:
i want to shake your hand
Yakal - DODUO YO says:
Lets shake windows instead

You have just sent a nudge.

「Sugawa」 just sent you a nudge.

Yakal - DODUO YO says:
ohkthx
「Sugawa」 says:
LOL
Yakal - DODUO YO says:
xd
LOL
Fact: My posts (especially when walls of text) are usually silly but almost always completely full of actual valid and critical truths to the topic in context.
I simply cannot resist silliness, but I figured to get OTHERS on board for something I can't do myself, OTHERS will actually need to have it clear to read.
hahaha

And...
"I want to shake your hand"
"Let's shake windows instead"
Nudge*
Nudge*
Ok Thanks
LOL
XD

Probably one of the most awesome scenes/whatever you call thems...ever <3333

And here's some more 'legible' wall...
I'll just rant because I just ate a freakin HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE dinner and can't move from my seat right now. LMAO

i got arped yo

in regards to your wall o' text, james, i did happen to thank the okanagan this one time at a tournament for being active despite the distance. i also mention some stuff to people that are growing from time to time, but it's hard to do so when i'm always losing in tournament and feel all depressed and crap.

otherwise, yes. shaking windows is the new thing.
Thank you for that, it meant more than you think it does. I probably should have thanked you in person before we departed as it actually was significant. That's the way it should be and I only hope there's more and more of that between everyone in this awesome community. Thanks.

Everyone is excelling sooooo freakin dramatically and rapidly it's incredible. Last time I saw anyone here was 1/3rd of a year ago. That's not that long, about 1/7th of my entire time in the community at all. Since I met Eric, Adam and the works for the first time, everyone has grown into completely different players, and I like to think better people too.

Those already near the top of BC improved to top level national players. Eric jumped levels, pushing the rest of the top players around here to reach a top level. All of the players coming in or who were always pushing there way through have finally become the forces that compliment the titans they're keeping up with.

Everyone on the PR now has grown exponentially with time and those coming close are doing so because they've been doing it too. After a month, the next month is twice as good, then the next is twice as good again. It just doesn't stop. There have been bumps and absences and slows but nobody has faltered to fall off completely.

Yakal is beastly, Will is beastly, Wesley is beastly and they came from almost nowhere. I would come to a tourney, they would be ok. I would improve dramatically. Next time I'd play smash, they'd be there again, and improve just as much as me. I would learn a bunch again, learn match ups, get better at button pushing, everything, and come back only to have them keeping up with me still. Every time, this goes for everyone.

Adam, Matt, Evan, all of these solid players. They've been right there the whole time. They haven't fallen behind or surged ahead. They're unmovable. They're freakin BOLDERS, solid and forever beastly. They've been there for longer than I know, and will be there as long as it can go. Then I've seen Roby, Ryan and others go through periods where they disappear for as long as I do yet go through periods of absolute awesome unstoppable rampages.

I'm so glad to have gone through the unityole era, Jack is such a great inspiration and uniquely supportive character, he'll forever be MVP #1 for bringing me, the Okanagan with me, into the community. Any time I was leaving, he'd tell me to come back and bring more Valley hype, then when I was gone, he'd ask me when I was moving there, saying me coming there was the only reason he still cared. It showed him there was room to grow in this community. That it could expand.

At the same time, this whole time, the entire existing community that I spent immeasurable amounts of time and money getting to so I could be involved is what kept me gowning. I knew there was something here and hearted BC anytime I remembered to heart BC. I got hearted back, and the hearting will forever continue because of heartage. lol

I roadtripped to my first melee tourney Cast4 with Manuel, David Caotique, and others and got to meet so many amazing players that were so awesome to hang out with and smash with. Then players like Ammon and Hugo in WA, Carl and Victra in Alberta, Jason PKM and Kenny for his amazing uploading and consistancy, it's crazy how many people it takes to make things as good as they are. Every person has been unbelievably awesome in more than one way. There's a reason people love this community. We could all thank everyone for all of it, but the thanking would never end. It's amazing, it really is.

Tim has been there the whole time for me. If it weren't for him, I'd literally been doing it all myself and wouldn't be anywhere close to where I am now in this game or how I've grown as a person being involved in this game. He'll always be my #1 teamziez for life and I'm more happy for him doing well than I even am myself. Every long talk we've had about it, every trip or adventure we've been on. It might even sound stupid and be a bit personal, but he would probably understand this and most others could probably guess that I think of him almost like an extension of me when it comes to melee. He's the one that brought me into melee after I quit the game for over 2 years. I wouldn't have picked it up were it not for him, and wouldn't still be here were it not for him still being here. At least not as much.

AJ is one of the nicest people around. Always there, always happy and enjoying the moment whatever is happening, even through annoyances like me playing dsmash only on his team when he wants to do well or have shoes thrown at him for snoring. He understands that it's fun, life is fun and he's still here because this community is fun. Kaelen is incredible, an amazing spirit further than anyone is from anyone, but he's so smart that he doesn't even need to play to perform. Then without Chris I would literally never play this game aside from tournaments. He's always up for smash if he's around, and were it not for his availability and drive to improve despite how many matches he'll go without winning or how much he'll get frustrated or how little he does get to play. With the amount of time I have to commit, I wouldn't be able to commit any were he not to commit what he does, and he always does.

That group has been the Okanagan, our heart through and through and it'll always be there. Every time we play, we get better and better until we're finally reaching even fractionally close to where we can play. We come to a tournament feeling utterly useless at our inability to avoid getting shieldgrabbed and ability to get punished for shieldgrabbing. Every simple silly thing regarding edgeguarding or general DI that we have to relearn every single time because we completely forget about the immense density of depth in this game after going so long without it. As it progresses, we leave the tourney on an upswing, barely even able to reach or pass our own level of play from where we left off last tournament we came too. We don't even get a chance to really test ourselves. But we won't quit trying, won't quit coming and doing our best against the odds.

We want to be the best, that includes us AND the rest of the province. The Island and core Vancouver the same. Without Vancouver being so freakin good, we wouldn't even have that. Meaning, we would have nothing. We're eternally grateful for you guys being there and pushing through the way you do. We'll try to push you any time you're not going full force, because we know what it's like to need a push. We need to do it more, but we also need it more.

We have the tvs so we bring them, we have the vehicles so we use them to get there, we dedicate the time because we have it and want to. Putting more time into travel just to GET to the tourney than all of the time that's collectively spent smashing AT the tourney is our burden, as well as putting more money into making it there than any pot could give to the winners of it. This is our fight to be a part of this, and we'll always fight it. It might not seem like we do much, but we do the best we can. We'll always give everything we can spare to make it happen. We're with each other, we're with the rest of BC.

Evan is amazing, he does so much to do what he does. Eric has been great with support with bracket organizing and so on. He's one of few who can travel, and he'll take the initiative to do so, not only for him, but it helps everyone down the line. The new Eric already showing initiative. Kenny was incredible, Jack was incredible, the list goes on. I can't even imagine if EVERYONE gave EVERYTHING they CAN. Just what the CAN. Not more than that... just that. I would be the best. No worse than that.

BC isn't alone either, with EC just across a piece of land, not separated by any artificial border, we should know by now that Canada as a whole needs it too. We can't forget to thank Canada. I want them to know we're here, because we're with them.

Sion, right when I showed up, I heard the stories of how less than a year earlier, Tony joined the scene and put the effort in to get to where he got so quickly. I left for 4 months (1/3rd of a year again) and when I came back, you were getting hype. I played you in 1 match as Falcon against your Link. It was a tight battle and right after I saw you barely lose to Adam. Your combos destroyed my face, it was awesome. I felt like I could understand the hype. Long after, I saw you again, and you were even better and transfered your craziness to Falco.

To this day, you've had support and we'll hype the **** out of you until you beat Hbox... or someone better. Every time I play I get to see you jump leaps ahead, that won't stop because you're already there. Keep going, you know this so I won't bother saying anymore. One thing's for sure though, we can all say thanks to you for what you've brought to us. You should know what you brought, everyone could list something, whether it's a combo in a match or a modest moment.

Now let's shake windows.

:)

booshk

Smash Lord
thanks for the mention bamesy ; )

and yeah LOL yakal.. camping each others ***** off :p

and screw u **** nose! : (

***** = azzes

Top Bottom