• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

eszutu

Smash Rookie
hey i'm dying to play one of you guys before the 28th, anyone who lives preferably in east vancouver and near a bus route wanna play me?

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
So who wants to come to my house on Friday after school?

probably wont be as long as last time...
so it will probably end at like 5 or 6..

we got 2 people comin already

1. Roby
2. Jason

Patooty

Smash Ace
umm next time instead of posting again press edit its at the right of your other post

and Adam will there be a tourney?

~Ryan not Patooty, wrong account.

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Im not sure I can make it this Friday but i'll try.

Also Ryan! - What are you talking about? 51min to beat Megaman X is not long... I don't know what your talking about. The fastest is like 48 minutes. (This is getting 100%, all Upgrades/Hearts/Sub-Tanks/Secret Hadoken Upgrade) I seriously doubt you can beat it 100% in 1 hr... I like memorized where all the enemies would be...

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
OK Jan28th tournament in Richmond B.C from noon-9pm-ish

well I'll talk to eric and other people but this is how we usually do it...

Entry Fee:
Singles- $10
Doubles- $10 (5$ per person, $10 per team)

Match format:
Singles- 4 stock, 8 min, best of 3 (semi's and finals are best of 5). Random stages are Yoshi story, Kirby 64, Fountain of dreams, FD, Battlefield, and Pkm Stadium. See first page of this thread for other info, some banned/counterpick stages MAY vary depending on how updated Troy's list is.

Doubles- 5 stock, 10 min, best of 3 (semi's and finals are best of 5). Random stages are Yoshi Story, Kirby 64, FD, Battlefield, and Pkm Stadium. Fountain of Dreams is banned due to match disruption lag.

Double elimination for both doubles and singles. Players will be seeded into an apprpriate # of players bracket. Effort will be made to separate brothers, crews, and/or regular competitors from eachother.

No funky controllers with L-cancel mods, SH mods or any of that unheardof bullcrap. I will be on the tournament floor and I started working out so I'm gettin stronger and if u fool around too much and piss me off then well prepare to face some dire consequences :mad: I know ya'll are cool though :laugh:

We have 3 tv's and 2 gc's for this event so far...

We ask that anyone planning to attend this makes an effort to bring a TV and/or Gamecube. We will stop once the list gets to 6tv's and 6gamecubes.

LIST OF SUPPLIES:

GAMECUBES - 2
TV - 3

If you have any questions regarding the tournament feel free to PM me here on smashboards or hit me up with an email or on MSN @ adambrown87@hotmail.com also if u ever need to talk, I'm always here :p (604-275-1508)<---- where I live
(604-275-0509)<---- where the tourney is being hosted

http://www.smashboards.com/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=269&day=2006-1-28&c=1

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
PhoenyxFyre said:
hey sorry to anybody trying to dl that crew battle preview, it messed up 5 times on me and i killed the link....
Anyone who has a prob just tell me okay? Also I realized that the video is a bit... basic. Usually during editing I make to complex, but I am without my beautiful Final Cut Pro. I am a newbie to Adobe Premier Pro right now, hopefully I can learn something. I liked what BACH did with the Sweden Crew matches, I can tell it took a lot of work.

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Hmmm since it will never come... any updates with the crew battle vids?
And hope your having fun with that Adobe Premier Pro. Its just awsome. I have been using it ever since it came out and it shouldnt be to hard to master.

To bad I can't edit much anymore since all my animation is done pretty much. I might get a camera soon I hope so Troy doesnt always have to do all the recording.

P.S.: Anyone who hadn't yet click on my banner and sign up :chuckle: :chuckle: I need the points for the KH Manga and I get points when you sign up. :)

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
Hitsugaya said:
Hmmm since it will never come... any updates with the crew battle vids?
And hope your having fun with that Adobe Premier Pro. Its just awsome. I have been using it ever since it came out and it shouldnt be to hard to master.

To bad I can't edit much anymore since all my animation is done pretty much. I might get a camera soon I hope so Troy doesnt always have to do all the recording.

P.S.: Anyone who hadn't yet click on my banner and sign up :chuckle: :chuckle: I need the points for the KH Manga and I get points when you sign up. :)
I will learn Premier Pro when I have time. Right now I wish I had a better comp to handle this.

Update : Not too much change from last time. Need Victa and Wilfred's picture, so I can't set up the who battling who. Music is still up in the air as nobody seems to give, so I will add whatever music I feel is good then.

SwordmasterZero

Smash Cadet
Anybody here go to Burnaby North Secondary? If you do, please PM me, 'cause I'm getting bored playing one of my friends over and over. Also, when's the next tournament near Burnaby?

Patooty

Smash Ace
Tourneys usually go down in Richmond, and once in a very great while, Vancouver. I wouldn't count on anything in Burnaby anytime soon (aka. within the next 4 months), so if you wanna test what you've got, come down to Richmond on the 28th :)

zPhoenixExz

Smash Cadet
SwordmasterZero said:
Anybody here go to Burnaby North Secondary? If you do, please PM me, 'cause I'm getting bored playing one of my friends over and over. Also, when's the next tournament near Burnaby?
Unfortunately, most of the smashers are concentrated in Richmond and Vancouver (except me the loner near Alpha Secondary in Burnaby :cry: ), so your best chance is to either play me or go a bit further to the vancouver people.

SwordmasterZero

Smash Cadet
I don't know if I could go on such a short notice. But just in case, where would the tournament be held? Any entrance fee? If I go, this would be my first official tournament, so I don't know all the technical stuff.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Wat up Canada, eh?

Just to let you guys know, I'm still coming to your neck of the woods hopefully in Sring Break (well actually to Seattle... but you know...)

Much <3.

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
CAOTIC said:
Wat up Canada, eh?

Just to let you guys know, I'm still coming to your neck of the woods hopefully in Sring Break (well actually to Seattle... but you know...)

Much <3.
Very cool CAOTIC. Can't wait to play you. Hopefully you can make it up here if you want, it would take like 2 hours or so.

BC - You know what this means. Spring Break tournament! Officially there will be no school from Friday 10th (last day) to Sunday 19th. Tournament I would think should be in our best locations, either Eric's house or maybe Wally's again? Maybe some place new?

Patooty

Smash Ace
Eric, I'm gonna try to be at the Toronto tournament, but it's not a gaurantee. If neither of us can be there, you know what that means? Yeah you do! That means we're gonna have to go the the hugeass tourney in the US in the summer, and we're gonna have to OWN some people that made it into the Canadian team so we can take their place. :laugh:

Thanks for hosting all the time btw, tell you mom I said thanks too :)

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
Alrite, I am really jealous of all the smashing I am missing. A lot of newbies are coming in the scene too, so I hope that a smash fest can happen soon. I know I have a tough schedule coming up for school, and I know others are busy too, so maybe if a smash fest is planned ahead, we can get things outta the way. I really wanna meet the new smashers and get to know them like how I know the rest of ya'll in this great community. Thanks for anyone just posting anything in response to this. *Crosses fingers that it is a place close by!

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Yea we really need to do a smashfest with Troy and the others who havent been around.
I wouldn't mind holding one, but I think I can only hold about 10-12 people.
And if I do hold one I can probably get the 2 Danny's from DT to come. They seem like they know what they are doing.

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
Hitsugaya said:
Yea we really need to do a smashfest with Troy and the others who havent been around.
I wouldn't mind holding one, but I think I can only hold about 10-12 people.
Could I call one of those 10 to 12 spots? lol, sorry, just really eager to play people again. Thanks.

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Haha yea you can. Don't know if this is a 100% thing but i'll try. So far the 12 I would THINK come or might be interested are. This is not the list of who is coming.

1:Me (duh)
2:Jeff (Person from my school)
3:Tiep
4:Ryan
5:Eric
6:Adam
7:Troy
8:Edmund (eszutu)
9:Manuel (xfirexemblemprydex)
10:Toby
11:Danny Ho (Person from my school)
12:Danny Tam (Person from my school)
13:Rushan (Firestorm)

and thats all I can think of right now. Again... this is not the list of who is going just who I think might be interested.

If this does happen I must have a set against Troy and Edmund.
Troy... I don't think we ever played each other since that tourney in August when I was a smash noob. Unless that 1 and only Falco ditto match we had a nicks a long while back which was also in the summer counts.

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
Course that Falco match counted lol, we did play. I remember our Peach team versus Ryan and Nik's starfox team, all I can remember is downsmash **** lol. Thanks for adding me to the list, great competition. Keep us updated on time and such, thanks a lot of hosting something.

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Alright the Date for this smashfest is Saturday Feb 11. If anyone has a problem with this date please msg me.

So far the people going.
Me
Jeff
Manuel
Eric
Adam
Nick
Kevin(Person from my school)(Still a maybe but most likely going)
Troy most likely?
Firestorm(Will be late)

All the rest not on the list just tell me because I know Eric Tiep and Ryan would want to come but not confirmed anything yet.

Also someone ask Wilfred I don't really talk to him.

Oh yea... I only got 2 T.V.'s right now so if anyone wants to bring one always helpful.
This will be in my attic again like last time but I will be able to use the other room thats connected

Top Bottom