• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

unityole

Smash Lord
I remember Jack 2.0 asking people to clean up after their pho but they just left it and he had to clean it up. They've always been charging even for Marvel on Wednesday.
looks like another venue ruined by bad habits
**** smash im gonna stick to dota and pudge

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
1. $5 venue fee + $5 bus fare + 2 hour travel time + food money

2. play dota and eat at home $0

i choose 2

bye

Violence

Smash Lord
Uh, what?

$5 venue fee because they use their space to have CRTs for us to use. They're offering the same deal to the trad fighter players and no one's *****ing about it on their side.

I get it. Smashers are cheap. If you can find a free venue, go play at a free venue. Stronghold has a business to run and I don't think you can find a cheaper place of that size.

That said, I'll talk to Kevin(Jack... 2.0?) about seeing if we can get a $5 venue fee per month of friendlies if like 10-15 people sign up for it at the same time. They don't really know about BC Melee's attitude toward paying 5 dollars because no one there has really ever *****ed about prices. The cards they sell are cheaper than pretty much everywhere else, the events they run are cheaper than pretty much everywhere else, and they're still open to negotiation about how much they want to charge. If I talk to Kevin/Jordan(the owner), I think we might be able to get a deal.

I'm just surprised at exactly how mad people are getting at a venue fee that all of the other TFG players at the venue are calling a ****ing good *** deal.

Also, I'm going to email Press Start tonight about biweeklies. They're ready, and they want to charge $2 venue fee. They have CRTs now.

Genesis FTW

Smash Apprentice
People need to stop being so cheap and stop being so entitled. The world doesn't owe you anything, and no one owes you a free place to smash.

If you want to smash with a companies equipment in a space they rent. You have to pay. $10 a month is nothing. And if it represents a lot to you, you probably need to get your **** together instead of playing smash in the first place.

I'm fine with stronghold and I'll be there Thursday when I get off work at 6.

Grow up a bit, start respecting other people's space and property and for the love god clean up after yourselves. We aren't children anymore.

:phone:

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Eric, I will definately be there and Sion said he will be there around 1pm. $5-$10 a month is seriously nothing. I barely play this game anymore and still willing to pay a venue fee.

Will needs to stop playing Akali because she ***** to much.

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
Ill go, and I'll be there around 6:30. 7 at the latest.

Eric, I will definately be there and Sion said he will be there around 1pm. $5-$10 a month is seriously nothing. I barely play this game anymore and still willing to pay a venue fee.

Will needs to stop playing Akali because she ***** to much.
I'll probably be there. I'll bring a gamecube if I do go
Awesome guys! I will be there at 1pm then unless something comes up then I will arrive later.

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
I would like to go to play smash on thurs at stronghold so please let me know if your interested.
Choco said he would go if I go.
i'm down for smash this thursday at stronghold
Well is anyone gonna be there on Thursday?
............................................________
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:”........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

Literally the first time I've felt a need to use this.

unityole

Smash Lord
lmao you people calling being cheap or not. violence, you are probably ignorant.Getting Roby to go there isnt all that easy. he doesnt have the ability to pay 20 dollars each day he goes there, and 3 hours will be used on transit alone.

and no im not being cheap and i will stick with my decision. ive done so much **** as to carry tv and bring people up, remind them over and over again theres smash and obviously nobody cared before. so for now, i'll only go if John goes and i'll only go if its good for me, and Roby and rest of the smashers who actually thinks for smash community. in this case they are probably Evan, Matt, Mike, Violence, John and Eric.

people have their own **** to do, thats fine but i don't care anymore. if any of these people dont feel like going or paying (Mike/Roby) then I ain't wasiting my time going there for others who seems to care less.

Sion

Island of Horizon
are you going on thursday, nathan?

that would make me, eric, john, choco, robbie, maybe will and evan going to stronghold

though i don't know when everyone is going lol

i know robbie is going late (hopefully i'll be able to stay that long), i don't know when john is going, eric and i will be there at around 1pm and that's all i know.

lol just realized it's tuesday nothing is confirmed for thursday yet

edit: would friday work better for everyone? i know john has a weird schedule lol

Sion

Island of Horizon
probably should've said that i didn't know what time everyone was going, but knew everyone was planning to go on thursday. i just didn't have any times confirmed lol

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Jack, I feel like you're overreacting :O

I'm glad that many of you are confirming for Thursday. Would be sick if we could get some recording going.

unityole

Smash Lord
Jack, I feel like you're overreacting :O

I'm glad that many of you are confirming for Thursday. Would be sick if we could get some recording going.
my pudge is definitly heating up
rotting around, boot tango boot tango

booshk

Smash Lord
Can someone tell me the address for stronghold and what bus/skytrain i should get off at lmao : D srsly tho :c

chocolate thunda

Smash Cadet
so just to clarify, the earliest anyone is going to be there at is 1pm? (ill show up early as long as im not the only one there. if anyone wants to go earlier then post so i can meet you there)

Top Bottom