• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

Sion

Island of Horizon
speaking of mains

i remember this sheik player (brian or something) that came to the strongholdfest on saturday. i saw him play a game against adam brown and his spacing and decision making is pretty good for his level. easily one of the better sheik players around

Metà

Smash Master
speaking of mains

i remember this sheik player (brian or something) that came to the strongholdfest on saturday. i saw him play a game against adam brown and his spacing and decision making is pretty good for his level. easily one of the better sheik players around
he can't even l-cancel

FrenchToasts

Smash Journeyman
man if i dont practice melee for a week i suck. i wish i had the apitute where u dont have to practice and still be ****.

booshk

Smash Lord
when you play technical characters thats just how it is i think

but i get way more creative and open minded when i don't play for a while

chocolate thunda

Smash Cadet
ahh so excited, just tested my fight stick and it works perfect. no input lag or anything. just gotta finish making a few more holes in the frame for the dowels and then glue/sand/paint everything and im dooone!

`dazrin

Smash Champion
speaking of anyone being good; I kinda suck (relative to the godly powers of eric. i know, i played him once many years ago LOL) and i've decided i want to try to get good and play with you guys to improve my skills :p I've never gone to a tournament, but I am willing to make the effort to get better :p

`dazrin

Smash Champion
oh really? damn that sucks. LOL. maybe i'll have to change my name to like dazee or daz or something haha>< and i don't think you know me sion :p i met eric and adam once though a long time ago when i thought i was decent but was actually trash lol

oh i live in richmond, i just put vancouver cuz there's alot of richmond's in the USA so yeah lol. and i kinda know yakal a bit, but never met him irl

Sion

Island of Horizon
oh

well, there's a vancouver in washington lol

and if you're looking for players, booshk would be your best bet in richmond, otherwise we go to the stronghold for smashfests

also, welcome aboard the melee train

edit: yakal knows everyone apparently

`dazrin

Smash Champion
lol yeah, im aware of the vancouver in wa, but comon: this vancouver is the legit one. we hosted the 2010 olympics for damn sake :p

what/where/when is stronghold anyways? and thanks very much! I've followed the melee scene for quite a bit (well, recently just got back into it) so i know how to do ATs, but im still not good since i can only play with my friends who don't really use that stuff lol

and yeah yakal's cool like that :p

edit: btw real honour speaking to the legendary sion himself! LOL :] even if it is through the forums

Sion

Island of Horizon
you give me too much credit. i'm not legendary at all

anyways, the stronghold is a card game store (most notably magic the gathering) where we go to play melee, though i've heard brawl players and other fighting game communities go there for tournaments and fests.

we don't actually have set times for smashfests at the stronghold, we just post here and see if anyone is interested in going.

as for it's location:
5558 Lane St, Burnaby, BC V5H 2H5

That's the address for stronghold. Easiest way to is to skytrain to royal oak and just walk from there.
best advice i can give you is to play a lot if you want to be good. don't be afraid to come up to players you consider to be good and ask for a couple of matches.

choco: haha dude that progress looks sick
can't wait to see the final result

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
speaking of anyone being good; I kinda suck (relative to the godly powers of eric. i know, i played him once many years ago LOL) and i've decided i want to try to get good and play with you guys to improve my skills :p I've never gone to a tournament, but I am willing to make the effort to get better :p
Hi guy.. I'm that Eric guy.

What's your real name?

and welcome back to the melee community? haha:)

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
Oh my, dazrin is back.

If you had stuck in smash like I did...you could have been PR bro, we were like same level back then LOL

Just change your name to dazrin and cut daze cause there's already a daze

besides, dazrin sound a billion times better.

Welcome Back.

unityole

Smash Lord
lol yeah, im aware of the vancouver in wa, but comon: this vancouver is the legit one. we hosted the 2010 olympics for damn sake :p

what/where/when is stronghold anyways? and thanks very much! I've followed the melee scene for quite a bit (well, recently just got back into it) so i know how to do ATs, but im still not good since i can only play with my friends who don't really use that stuff lol

and yeah yakal's cool like that :p

edit: btw real honour speaking to the legendary sion himself! LOL :] even if it is through the forums
the **** daze u in mainland now? is tim with u?

Starscream

Smash Ace
Yo when's the next Smash anything happening? I wanna actually get out to one of these things and play some friendlies instead of just talkin about it.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
add me on msn or fb starscream pacmanoncrack89@hotmail.com

there's a few of us who go to stronghold in burnaby, i'll let u know. btw I don't go there to often at the moment cause it's far+expensive for me. maybe in 2-3 weeks ill show up more.

plenty of others have smashfests there tho

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Hi guy.. I'm that Eric guy.

What's your real name?

and welcome back to the melee community? haha:)
LOL hey eric, thanks! haha my real name is dazrin but people just call me daz for short :]

Do you remember me? LOL I don't blame you if you don't. I was like only 14 and thought i was the **** cuz i could cream all my friends and lvl9 cpus with ease and then I went to your house to play you and adam and got absolutely dominated, so I realized how bad I was and i was like ****kk it. LOL, oh and i don't really think i was ever a part of the melee community since going to tournaments was such a hassle cuz everything was so far away and the skytrain didn't exist lol.

Oh my, dazrin is back.

If you had stuck in smash like I did...you could have been PR bro, we were like same level back then LOL

Just change your name to dazrin and cut daze cause there's already a daze

besides, dazrin sound a billion times better.

Welcome Back.
Dude, first off, I CANNOT believe you remember me after all this time lolol. Secondly, we totally were NOT the same level back then LOLOL I was/am utter garbage xD I never actually played with you, so how would you have known how good/bad I was back then? ...The only time we actually played together was like barlw wifi.... LOOL

Lol damnnit! my alias has been daze for like the last 3 years! xD And then i'll have to make ANOTHER smashboards account.. unless there's a way to change your name, (which I'm sure there isn't) Well, just refer to me as Daz then since thats what everyone in real life calls me. Dazrin sounds too strange, since everyone just calls me Daz :p

edit: just for curiosity's sake, has anyone here heard of the brawl mod, Project:M?

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
yo Daz, you can wreck me to make you feel better if you get ***** by the other guys

i'm a Brawl player who just barely got into the scene, so i'm pretty bad :urg:

i want hella smashfests when i'm back on the 1st

anyways Project:M is the **** yo, the next one comes out in March which is when i'll probably get into it

Oh and is anyone going to Impulse?

FrenchToasts

Smash Journeyman
sheeeet. nice to see new players but im about to get disowned, cops called n kicked outta this house. i wont be seein u guys for months pz out

:phone:

Top Bottom