• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

Violence

Smash Lord
I'll be around with a setup tonight, and on Sunday all day, if people wanna show up and play.

floatfloatfloatfloatfloatfloatfloat

I was getting pretty irritated at Daniel for just generally being an *******. If he lost, he'd try not to rotate, if he won, he's suddenly the best player ever.

Yo, Eric, fight money matches? Best of 1, one stock, items off? Winner eats all the cookies.

My friend lost in round 1 pools and now he's in the hospital.

He'd be pretty salty if he wasn't unconscious.

chocolate thunda

Smash Cadet
lol deap WAS being annoying eric, mike was pretty much on point with the events that went down yesterday at stronghold concerning deap. but also LOL at mike! "i dont tolerate this ****ing **** unless im the one doing it. who does daniel think he is? it goes without sayin u treat pple how u want to be treated." clearly he thinks hes you, and super omega double standards!

also god dam mike stop leaving my name out! i was there too!!

Sion

Island of Horizon
hm dunno.. what else is there to play? LoL/hon sucks, dota 2 sucks, starcraft 2 sucks, diablo 3 sucks. I guess guild wars 2 looks promising but that's not out for several months.

i'm playing cause I got some friends who are starting together so it's more fun :)
well, if you're playing with friends, i guess it's not so bad. and you're right about most games sucking LOL. what server on trickster do you guys plan on playing on and what character are you going to use?

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
well, if you're playing with friends, i guess it's not so bad. and you're right about most games sucking LOL. what server on trickster do you guys plan on playing on and what character are you going to use?
I'm on Fantasia, playing a buffalo going gladiator. It's level 30 now :D

Sion

Island of Horizon
how's the population in fanatasia?

i'm pretty sure i'm in jewelia because it was the only choice back in the day.

also what build did you go? some builds are very cash shop intensive, though the game does require some use of cash shop eventually.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
it's not as high. But decent enough.

I did 4123 build. Going pure AP build. I put this instead of 4114 cause I wanted to have an easier time with drilling and getting through the quests, and this build gives me more crits over some HP loss so I guess that's cool.

Umm.. I'm doing auto attack build with lots of attack speed, which I hear become useless after a few hundred levels cause attack speed maxes out on it's own through levels eventually. So I'll just reset it later lol only $30. If I ever reach 300+

But it's easier to level this way imo. Right now the only cash item gear I need is detect thing and reset later on.

Sion

Island of Horizon
4123 is a solid starter build. pure ap builds are good, but i've heard some dx builds that maximize the use of chi sword early on. i think this would be good around ~200+ though.

i actually don't remember if dx maxes itself eventually, but yeah, resets are always available for money lol. with auto attacking, i don't know if they still exist, but i remember getting an active sword in my cash shop inventory. this might be an old thing, but the active sword had slots available to compound the light attribute on it, which is really good for auto attacking.

optimally, golden sword with soil compounds and golden lion shield with dark compounds will get you to 100+ easily, but those are easily 30mil+.

stallion sprint almost became a necessity since everyone quests instead of grinding nowadays. though not necessary, it cuts time by a lot. and yeah, cash shop isn't really a big thing early on, save stallion sprint, but when you get to the later levels, there are some extra accessories cash shop items fill up that give you basically bonus stats.

wow i type a lot

Sion

Island of Horizon
honestly, it's come to a point where cash shop is the way of mmo. how much do people pay to play wow every month, 10+ dollars? i wouldn't mind putting down 10 dollars a month on a f2p to make the game a bit funner.

i don't like the idea, but that's the way i see it

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
I barely even have 30k haha. Okay thanks for help the stupid golden sword is a boss monster drop apparently. I'mma get that stallion cause I run so damn slow right now.

well i agree with sion people spend $300 on ps3 and like $50+ on games then they call cash shops gay. like it's the same thing really.

Sion

Island of Horizon
nvm, the active sword is a gacha item. i remember getting it because they gave us free gacha for some reason. i think your best bet is questing for now to level.

and yeah, it's a boss drop. the sword itself is about ~15 mil on jewelia, i don't know about fantasia. it's easier to do boss runs since no one can ks you, but the tutankhamen run is annoying since you have to do some mini quests

Sion

Island of Horizon
lmao adam

and i don't see why you guys didn't confront him(daniel) in person anyways

unless you did, then props, but this internet "turning the community on one guy" is kind of strange. not that i'm one to talk, though.

FrenchToasts

Smash Journeyman
all u guys said r true, but then now comes the issue where u have cashshop items that give other players unfair advantage. how do u balance the game now? i.e maplestory < u literally pay irl money to buy in game items or items that can potentially make ur items superior to those who cant spend money. how to balance? well i shouldnt be asking u guys this because u aint lead system designers but yea... world of warcraft is diff story, u have blizzard store where u purchase items but these items dont give unfair advantage because they merely cosmetics. everyone has to work for their **** and level same pace as everyone else cuz theres no cashshop to help you.

Sion

Island of Horizon
yeah, but f2ps have to make money somehow. the only way to do this is to add seemingly broken items into the cash shop so that people would actually spend. wow is already p2p, they don't need to break the game to make money haha.

this is why i like sticking to games like smash or other fighters, since everything is there and player skill is a big factor

edit: but yeah, i do agree imbalance is an issue. i just stopped worrying about it though

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
Anytime we brought it up he was all "im kidding"

then I was all "it doesn't matter if you're joking or not, nobody thinks its funny and none of us are taking it very well" and he's like "ok ok"

then kept on with it

FrenchToasts

Smash Journeyman
who wants to smash on SUNDAY? yea sunday. the day after the brawl tourny. theres gonna be shie ton of crt tvs laying around without us having to move & hook em up. lets take advantage of this opportunity. no johns plz.

confirmed:

mike
eric lee
yakal
adam
nathan

sion? get@will said maybe

Sion

Island of Horizon
sorry, melty all weekend

I'll be around with a setup tonight, and on Sunday all day, if people wanna show up and play.

floatfloatfloatfloatfloatfloatfloat

I was getting pretty irritated at Daniel for just generally being an *******. If he lost, he'd try not to rotate, if he won, he's suddenly the best player ever.

Yo, Eric, fight money matches? Best of 1, one stock, items off? Winner eats all the cookies.

My friend lost in round 1 pools and now he's in the hospital.

He'd be pretty salty if he wasn't unconscious.
LOOL just saw this post

what a good post

Metà

Smash Master
yeah the smashfest was hella good apart from me being super tired and daniel not shutting the f*ck up/leaving me alone

good games everyone! i wanna do more doubles though haha

chocolate thunda

Smash Cadet
first off, daniel was told and confronted in a nice manner to stop but he kept going. none of us even yelled at him or anything, we just showed our frustration thru the tone in our voices. so we all handled it appropriately but still to no avail.

secondly, @ sion/roby's convo... this is why i play Ragnarok on my private server. sure it only has like 7 active players, but at least theres no imbalances and its 100% free (the admin isnt active and yet he hosts the server just so we can have fun on it). and yes i know both of you have played on it before, just sayin lol.

and lastly, unconfirm me for sunday. ill show up if my current plans fail.

FrenchToasts

Smash Journeyman
yep everyone 4 stocks you but that's not funny either.

it's funny
LOL eagle

SMASH ON SUNDAY, the day after the brawl tourny. theres gonna be shie ton of crt tvs laying around without us having to move & hook em up. lets take advantage of this opportunity. no johns plz.

confirmed:

mike >1pm
eric brown > 1pm BLUNTED OBJECT 10
manuel > 2pm XXXFIREXPRIDEXEMBLEMXXX
eric lee >1pm VIOLENCE
yakal >1pm RAMPAGE YO
adam >1pm XXXNXOXOXBXKXIXNXGXXX
nathan >1pm RUSTY SHACKLEFURD
matt (maybe) EMO
get@will (maybe) STATUS:BUSY

:phone:

Top Bottom