• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
I don't care how cocky you are just don't go around saying **** about evan and I and expect us to treat you like we're your friends.

D.Eagle
what? since when i talk **** about you and evan? LMAO

i only see you or evan at smash related stuff and my life is not based on smash like others here. its like talking **** about people that i just met one time in my life, and since everyone here likes to talk **** about everyone even if they are friends, i wouldn't do it. but anyways yakal i dont wanna have any problems with you or anyone so peace out.

chocolate thunda

Smash Cadet
lol deap, everything you said is the definition of karma. you were playing a game and someone (stronghold guy) was constantly bugging you and talking **** in your ear so you have the right to get upset? how is that any different from what you were doing to evan countless times? evan and myself would play friendlies and you'd come out of no where and start talking **** to him and he would tell you to stop numerous times, but you wouldnt. it doesnt just annoy and distract him, but other players around him as well. so its disrespectful to the whole community when we are just trying to have fun playing a video game.

if you can dish it out, then dont have a double standard and get upset when it gets thrown back at you.
you can pretend to deny it all you want, but you know you were being rude to evan for no reason. and karma got you back in the form of the stronghold employee doing the exact same thing to you

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
lol deap, everything you said is the definition of karma. you were playing a game and someone (stronghold guy) was constantly bugging you and talking **** in your ear so you have the right to get upset? how is that any different from what you were doing to evan countless times? evan and myself would play friendlies and you'd come out of no where and start talking **** to him and he would tell you to stop numerous times, but you wouldnt. it doesnt just annoy and distract him, but other players around him as well. so its disrespectful to the whole community when we are just trying to have fun playing a video game.

if you can dish it out, then dont have a double standard and get upset when it gets thrown back at you.
you can pretend to deny it all you want, but you know you were being rude to evan for no reason. and karma got you back in the form of the stronghold employee doing the exact same thing to you
its hilarious how you try to sound so serious here and in real life you were laughing at everything i said, of course i was annoying to evan i dont deny that. before he was playing with u he was playing me and he was also talking **** to me so i basically i just continued the shi t t y conversation. the difference between my case and this case is that i was in a MM and u guys were not.

FrenchToasts

Smash Journeyman
about to get really baked and watch this **** lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmiee-4PQJI#t=1m30s

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmiee-4PQJI#t=1m47s

the zuluu klick klack nik nok click tribe son

its hilarious how you try to sound so serious here and in real life you were laughing at everything i said, of course i was annoying to evan i dont deny that. before he was playing with u he was playing me and he was also talking **** to me so i basically i just continued the shi t t y conversation. the difference between my case and this case is that i was in a MM and u guys were not.
JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Daniel, your ********. Our last melee tournament had over 40 entrants. Brawl tournaments get **** compared to that.

MELEE IS THE GAME PEOPLE ARE PLAYING.

Also, money match my fox or falcon i get 3 stock you get 4 stock. Any amount of money. Any characters you want to use is fine.

ROBY: LMFAO!!! I ****en saw that movie when I was at pacifica. LMFAO!!! I was so baked when I saw your post and just watched it now.

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
Daniel, your ********. Our last melee tournament had over 40 entrants. Brawl tournaments get **** compared to that.

MELEE IS THE GAME PEOPLE ARE PLAYING.

Also, money match my fox or falcon i get 3 stock you get 4 stock. Any amount of money. Any characters you want to use is fine.

ROBY: LMFAO!!! I ****en saw that movie when I was at pacifica. LMFAO!!! I was so baked when I saw your post and just watched it now.
melee is the game people are playing?

are you ******** or what? no offense, but there are MANY games with more people, like Halo,SF,FIFA12,and many more. Even brawl has more people playing it. i dont really believe you guys had more than 40 entrants..

At least in the brawl community you can see new people getting into the game, like last tournament, there were at least 10 new guys.

And for my experience with melee, the same people play the same game over and over again,every single day. i dunno about you adam but its boring to play the same game for more than 7 years, i still like melee and stuff but i don't really care if i lose or if my "my fox is not technical" just for fun yo.

i accept your mm,only if after it or before it, we play a FIFA12 mm, i get 5 players(including the goalie) you get 11 and you have an advantage of 2 goals.

FrenchToasts

Smash Journeyman
well daniel all i gotta say is

melee is the game people are playing? YUP

are ******** or what? no offense, but there are MANY games with more people, like Halo,SF,FIFA12,and many more. Even brawl has more people playing it. i dont really believe you guys had more than 40 entrants..
NOPE and YUP 40+

At least in the brawl community you can see new people getting into the game, like last tournament, there were at least 10 new guys.
NOPE

Ande for my experience with melee, the same people play the game over and over again,every single day. i dunno about you adam but its boring to play the same guy for more than 7 years, i still like melee and stuff but don't really care if i lose or my if "my fox is not technical" just for fun yo.
NOPE

i accept your mm, if after it or before it, we play a FIFA12 mm, i get 5 players(including the goalie) you get 11 and you have an advantage of 2 goals.
NOPE

Sion

Island of Horizon
if you look a bit harder, you can see why some of us have stayed around as long as we have. i've sort of moved on, but i still find fun in playing melee. nothing is ever the same.

and please don't compare us with newer gen/fps communities. there are obvious reasons as to why they play those and not melee.

also, coming to stronghold without money is dumb as hell.

chocolate thunda

Smash Cadet
lol @ this community as a whole. 80% of the people r legit and fun people to be around and then there is that 20% that ruin it for everyone. reminds me of why i wasnt around for a good year and a half, and why others like john havent returned.

everyone is acting so childish. adam callin out daniel in a MM because he has a problem with what hes done/said in real life. playing a MM isnt going to prove anything besides who is better in a video game.

daniel countering that with "fine but u gotta play me in FIFA first/after"... how does bringing in another game that no1 in this SMASH BROS MELEE community plays, make any sense?

evan following that statement up saying that nobody plays fifa, which isnt true. maybe no1 in our smash community plays it but the game is still popular. i know a bunch of people that play it.

and then mike adding to it all by insulting a games mechanics when he hasnt even put time to understand what the game is about. every game has its own unique perks that draw people in. its not about a game being fun based on how technical it is.

and just for the record deap, people do stick around and play old school games for many many years. its not just with melee, look at SF3 third strike... that game has been around forever and it is still one of the best fighting games to date.

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
nobody plays fifa.

none
so thats why the game sold more than 3 millions in its first week, and the servers are always so crowed.

based on a sport that is famous WORLDWIDE,and most popular sport in the world with many International cups, like the Euro champions league,America, La copa del Rey and so on.

there are Tournaments going every single day, sponsored by EA.

if you don't know what you are talking about, please dont say anything.

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
if you look a bit harder, you can see why some of us have stayed around as long as we have. i've sort of moved on, but i still find fun in playing melee. nothing is ever the same.

and please don't compare us with newer gen/fps communities. there are obvious reasons as to why they play those and not melee.

also, coming to stronghold without money is dumb as hell.
credit card yo, i wasn't even planning to go, i was studying at school when eric called me.

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
lol @ this community as a whole. 80% of the people r legit and fun people to be around and then there is that 20% that ruin it for everyone. reminds me of why i wasnt around for a good year and a half, and why others like john havent returned.

everyone is acting so childish. adam callin out daniel in a MM because he has a problem with what hes done/said in real life. playing a MM isnt going to prove anything besides who is better in a video game.

daniel countering that with "fine but u gotta play me in FIFA first/after"... how does bringing in another game that no1 in this SMASH BROS MELEE community plays, make any sense?

evan following that statement up saying that nobody plays fifa, which isnt true. maybe no1 in our smash community plays it but the game is still popular. i know a bunch of people that play it.

and then mike adding to it all by insulting a games mechanics when he hasnt even put time to understand what the game is about. every game has its own unique perks that draw people in. its not about a game being fun based on how technical it is.

and just for the record deap, people do stick around and play old school games for many many years. its not just with melee, look at SF3 third strike... that game has been around forever and it is still one of the best fighting games to date.
i agree with almost everything in here. of course people play old school games but not competitive, SF3 would be the exception since companies still support it i dont have problems with that.

FrenchToasts

Smash Journeyman
lol @ yourself. ur the 100%

this is smashboards. in smashboards we play a game called melee or brawl. we settle matters by playing the video game melee/brawl. thats y we post in smashboards. things in smashboards is supposed to be smash related. u have a problem with us asking for high stakes matches in smashboards to settle problems within smashboards? this is ****ing smashboards. s m a s h b o a r d s, m e l e e & b r a w l. n u think were childish? if ya post in here it involves the game, no johns. smashboards created for these reasons n more.

ur really a ****ing genius

ok

^ this guy is the knight in shining armor whose come to give us insight on how ****ed up our community is.
go to hell man. this community doesnt need ur pity and john can speak for himself. also dont bring up my name, dont indirectly address me, n never talk to me. unless it involves smash or eagle. thankyou very much.

:phone:

Violence

Smash Lord
Mike and I found a few new melee players, Richard and Aric, and Richard, who plays magic with me, said that there's a group of them who play at UBC. They know advanced techniques and play on tournament stages. I think they play 3 stock for faster rotations.

It was fun, I think we have some new community members.

booshk

Smash Lord
That's awesome violence. If they play at UBC i can probably stop by and play with them a bit

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Uh, yeah there are those 20% who ruin it for everyone. Is it just gamers who don't know what etiquette is? Like, if people spoke to each other in legit sports teams like they do here, or if they went to parties and spoke like they do at smashfests, everyone would call them out for being jerks.

It's as if these people hide in their rooms on the internet or playing WoW or something and don't know how to interact properly with other people. The general attitude towards people you don't know well should be respect. It may be distant respect or friendly respect, but respect nonetheless. How is it respectful to go to a venue and start playing before paying? How is it respectful to talk in others ears when they're asking you to stop? To insult other people's games? To tell people to go to hell? To make your presence one of unruly drunkenness and drug abuse?

Get it together, or go play WoW or another game that requires fewer social skills.

chocolate thunda

Smash Cadet
^ careful manli, mike might tell you to go to hell for callin out the community when it needs improvement.

lol regardless tho, im not coming out to anymore smashfests or tournaments. i thought people grew up when i came back and everything was going great but it seems some people are still as immature as they used to be so im just not going to bother.

to those 80% of you in this community that i mentioned earlier, its been fun =). keep in touch via facebook or msn or wutever.... if you want.

to those 20% i mentioned, hope one day y'all grow up.

peace out homies

FrenchToasts

Smash Journeyman
^ aww no more free first round bracket wins for people and -$10 in pot, dam.

btw aric is really ****ing good for somebody i never heard or seen. he can already lcancel n knows how to tech. he mains falcon, says thats his favorite. this guy wants to improve. hes also from china so his english isnt good u guys needa help him improve.

Confirmed for Sunday Feb 19th 2012:

xmike >1pm
xbluntedxobjectx10 >1pm
xXxnxoxoxbxkxixnxgxXx
violence
xtreme eagle
rusty the crazy guy

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
Uh, yeah there are those 20% who ruin it for everyone. Is it just gamers who don't know what etiquette is? Like, if people spoke to each other in legit sports teams like they do here, or if they went to parties and spoke like they do at smashfests, everyone would call them out for being jerks.

It's as if these people hide in their rooms on the internet or playing WoW or something and don't know how to interact properly with other people. The general attitude towards people you don't know well should be respect. It may be distant respect or friendly respect, but respect nonetheless. How is it respectful to go to a venue and start playing before paying? How is it respectful to talk in others ears when they're asking you to stop? To insult other people's games? To tell people to go to hell? To make your presence one of unruly drunkenness and drug abuse?

Get it together, or go play WoW or another game that requires fewer social skills.
social skills to play smash? LMAO XD and btw he didn't ask to stop he was talking **** about how i was playing.

Metà

Smash Master
Daniel, you're being incredibly childish. "But, but... he started it!!! It's not my fault!" I asked you several times to leave me alone, and if you don't remember that then I know several people who were there that do.

The trash talk going on in our money matches was mutual, but you took it way too far. You started saying really disrespectful things about my life and my friends, and asking uncomfortable questions just to get a reaction from me and others. As a result, I stood up for myself, and you seemed to take this as a personal affront, even threatening me with physical violence--if you were joking about that, then it wasn't funny. If I offended you, I'm sorry, but you really need to know when enough is enough.

Yes, I could have handled the situation better, but I let the personal attacks get to me. This isn't something I should have to put up with on a regular basis at these events.

@stephan: I'm sorry to hear you won't be joining us anymore. I totally understand why, though. It's been fun seeing you back in the scene lately though, peace out

^ aww no more free first round bracket wins for people and -$10 in pot, dam.
why would you even say something like that? way to make someone feel welcome

Sion

Island of Horizon
Mike and I found a few new melee players, Richard and Aric, and Richard, who plays magic with me, said that there's a group of them who play at UBC. They know advanced techniques and play on tournament stages. I think they play 3 stock for faster rotations.

It was fun, I think we have some new community members.
that sounds amazing man

don't think i'll be around to see them though

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
lol mike, you're one to talk about free first round bracket matches

i'd say bye choco but imma talk about super saiyans with you later anyway

sion-senpai

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
How is it respectful to talk in others ears when they're asking you to stop? To insult other people's games? To tell people to go to hell? To make your presence one of unruly drunkenness and drug abuse?

u guys are kinda overreacting lol. The only person being a **** is DEAP. yeah let's all quit smash cuz ONE GUY is a ******

To make your presence one of unruly drunkenness and drug abuse?
the only person who did this was adam on a few occasions but he hasn't drank or done drugs in over a month. and it's been fun every time we all went to stronghold!

just like today, and I was putting the **** train on. To bad eric had to go early GG's

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
Daniel, you're being incredibly childish. "But, but... he started it!!! It's not my fault!" I asked you several times to leave me alone, and if you don't remember that then I know several people who were there that do.

The trash talk going on in our money matches was mutual, but you took it way too far. You started saying really disrespectful things about my life and my friends, and asking uncomfortable questions just to get a reaction from me and others. As a result, I stood up for myself, and you seemed to take this as a personal affront, even threatening me with physical violence--if you were joking about that, then it wasn't funny. If I offended you, I'm sorry, but you really need to know when enough is enough.

Yes, I could have handled the situation better, but I let the personal attacks get to me. This isn't something I should have to put up with on a regular basis at these events.

@stephan: I'm sorry to hear you won't be joining us anymore. I totally understand why, though. It's been fun seeing you back in the scene lately though, peace out

why would you even say something like that? way to make someone feel welcome
how is personal if you were laughing about my questions?

ur friends? i dont even know abour ur amigos lol.

i dunno if you are making this up or not, but evan past is past.

and btw this was all about me, i dunno why people brought adam and mike on this lol

Violence

Smash Lord
ggs, guys. Sorry I was feeling exhausted and left early, I slept for 5 hours last night and as a result, sucked balls at Magic.

Had fun smashing though. ggs.

Booshk/Sion, I'll try to get info on where they play, there's a group of them, and you guys can stop by sometime. They're really nice people. Hopefully you can meet them sometime.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
anyone going down to stronghold this week?

/ignoringotherpages

FrenchToasts

Smash Journeyman
lol mike, you're one to talk about free first round bracket matches

i'd say bye choco but imma talk about super saiyans with you later anyway

sion-senpai
don't call the man out

he's trying his best to improve level up
dont ever patronize me plz. ill share a story with u two. i played this game for 3 yrs. 1st year i screwed around n didnt give a ****. 2nd yr is when i picked up falco n learned to lcancel. 3rd yr is now when i learned how to combo. i try hard to take stocks off u guys.

yea so give me u guys 5-7 or how many years of experience plzz till then im inferior to u guys i ****ing guess.

also ggs today, pple who showed up were

mike
blunted object 10
rusty shacklefurd
xxxnoobkingxxx
roby xtreme eagle
violence

btw smashfest this thurs feb 23rd possibly to practice before tourny on 25th

ggs yall. thx for coming out, was a lot of fun. good practice

Violence

Smash Lord
I think I can make Thursday. Booshk and Sion, I'll pm you guys his number.

They're in the basement of the sub(hopefully you guys know where that is?), Monday to Friday.

Top Bottom