• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
wtf, a random got 2nd in Brawl singles. You let me down Eric.

I kid, :laugh:
Sounds pretty sweet actually.. wish I coulda been there.
I don't think you understand. He took a set from Tony and beat everyone else he played. Tony said this kid is prolly 2nd in BC >.> He's from Port Moody or something.

uggghhhh did so bad at the tourny! XD **** bananas and 12 year olds : / ruined my chance at pr XD
But Kyle, there IS NO pr... for brawl... yet...

GG's everyone. Jack is STILL too good at SSB64 and my thumb hurts TT. Oh, and good **** eric we got 2nd in teams at a game we've never played together XD.

TheKoopaBros.

Smash Journeyman
uggghhhh did so bad at the tourny! XD **** bananas and 12 year olds : / ruined my chance at pr XD
Me too. >.>

First I fought liveryman who was really good with Olimar, and Olimar is one of the few characters I have a really hard time playing. Than I narrowly lost a Ness/Lucas set both times. Ah, oh well I'm determined to come back to a future tournament and do much better.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Me too. >.>

First I fought liveryman who was really good with Olimar, and Olimar is one of the few characters I have a really hard time playing. Than I narrowly lost a Ness/Lucas set both times. Ah, oh well I'm determined to come back to a future tournament and do much better.
That's the attitude. Note, liveryman also got 4th overall. It's not a bad thing to lose to him.

uffie is a hot chick. come on now, who's heard of uffie.

Sorry vanity >.>

EVERYONE must watch 2:16 - 2:23 in this video AT LEAST 3 times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yFqIRCMm5g

and this from 1:45 onwards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr9joFkwEEs&feature=related

unityole

Smash Lord
EVERYONE must watch 2:16 - 2:23 in this video AT LEAST 3 times.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yFqIRCMm5g
and this from 1:52 onwards.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr9joFkwEEs&feature=related
i watched them 5 times, its like pron vid you have to watch them over and over, gg

keith ur the only one that doesnt get it
that sentence is ****

Sure as hell didn't help that SFU was having an open house the whole day that day. I'm guessing there'd be far less people for the June 7th day.
Then again, I can't complain, I got free parking in the SFU lot because of the open house! :)
if you meant our tournament size, it wasnt big cause of the open house, it was just big cause of the tournament, i think(brawl xD)

Do you always have the tourney in that little room? That's like really small. You must have a different room usually. With another 10 people there would be NO room. Like if Eric or whoever he was driving brought their second TV and I brought mine, there wouldn't be anywhere to put them!!! lol
for my tournies, it's always in the lounge. it'll cost me like 50 - 80 dollars more to rent them down stair for 2 weeks ontop of the 170 ive payed for the lounge. doing it downstair or bigger room is out of my reach :/

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
wtf you guys have to pay to rent those rooms? o_o;; That sounds horrible... shouldn't it be free to use at least the lounge? It says it's open to students 24/7.

unityole

Smash Lord
wtf you guys have to pay to rent those rooms? o_o;; That sounds horrible... shouldn't it be free to use at least the lounge? It says it's open to students 24/7.
since it was for engineering students only, there are always securities come n checking for access card. well people from outside won't have access card so the guards would just ask you guys to leave, thats why i have to rent it and get permission, on the safe side..

also another reason i rented it cause some students get annoyed of too many people, they usually use the lounge to eat n stuff. most of the time they don't really care but if they are pissed they can go file to the ensc on my ***, then i won't be able to use it anymore.

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
i know im just mad i lost to him when it was who hits the next kill move wins kinda situation :( XD

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
hmm why cant you wait...? is it because your so much better in melee than in brawl?
Ryan with the talk. ****.

I propose a team Richmond vs "Team Better" crew battle at SFU this saturday. Of course we'll need Ryan, Tiep, Eric, John, Manuel, Roby, Tony, and myself to show up.

since it was for engineering students only, there are always securities come n checking for access card. well people from outside won't have access card so the guards would just ask you guys to leave, thats why i have to rent it and get permission, on the safe side..

also another reason i rented it cause some students get annoyed of too many people, they usually use the lounge to eat n stuff. most of the time they don't really care but if they are pissed they can go file to the ensc on my ***, then i won't be able to use it anymore.
Wow Jack, I never knew they had such strict rules about it O.O

unityole

Smash Lord
I am aware, but his mom must teach right? so isn't she still here?
should read more before posting, or at least ask evan in person..
I believe their family is on vacation, whole family.

also with the thing of Evan's mom, I dont believe she teaches, just work as one of the Staff in the main level. A professor at SFU has to stop after 2 semesters of teaching, and maybe get off or change school before he or she can teach again at SFU, its the rules here.

finally, NO she won't let us use the room, unless somethings happen and we ask (evan asks), most likely will not happen cause she is NOT OUR parent/guardian. She is Evan's mother therefore she does it for Evan, not us.

it's like my dad would go through the trouble to drive me to school but won't go through the trouble drive other ppl, unless I ask etc

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Laws for Computer & Technology in general are meant to be broken.

Their probably going to go hardcore for this summer and use a lot of higher/well known people as examples for scaring others, really I only see it as consumers spending more and the people behind it profiting. The same way with drugs. I'd start laughign so hard if we had european countrys smuggling digital devices to our border.

Lol anyway,
This Saturday is gonna be RaPeFeSt, I can't wait, seeing how dissapointing last week turned out. I hope my buddy lets me borrow his t.v chances are he will but theres a bigger chance he wont be home at all for me to even ask him. I'll bring VCR and bunch of tapes for sure.

JOHN BRING KEITHS PROGRAM THIS WEEKEND PLEASE. :-] We've all been waiting a long time. If you lost it or something it doesn't matter keith will understand... just don't make us wait again ~_~

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Laws for Computer & Technology in general are meant to be broken.

Their probably going to go hardcore for this summer and use a lot of higher/well known people as examples for scaring others, really I only see it as consumers spending more and the people behind it profiting. The same way with drugs. I'd start laughign so hard if we had european countrys smuggling digital devices to our border.

Lol anyway,
This Saturday is gonna be RaPeFeSt, I can't wait, seeing how dissapointing last week turned out. I hope my buddy lets me borrow his t.v chances are he will but theres a bigger chance he wont be home at all for me to even ask him. I'll bring VCR and bunch of tapes for sure.

JOHN BRING KEITHS PROGRAM THIS WEEKEND PLEASE. :-] We've all been waiting a long time. If you lost it or something it doesn't matter keith will understand... just don't make us wait again ~_~
yes, lets see where everyone stands in melee so we can make a nice update after the tournament. Any disagreements about ranks that can't be resolved this week (assuming tiep, john, and eric have their own individual updated lists by then and we've all emailed them to eachother) should be resolved AT the tournament in form of MM's and, if necessary... a slew of PR matches to break the decision between 2 closely ranked individuals.

Oh, and just incase...

ATTN: JOHN/HITSUGAYA - please bring Keiths program IF you're coming to SFU this saturday =D

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Wow I like how you guys make it as if you've been bugging me for it for years.
What a way to make me look like an ***. You asked me ONCE for it and Adam asked for it. I've of course forgot about it because asking me once a couple weeks back for something so small. Geez.

Since you guys are doing it I might as well do it.

KEITH GIVE ME BACK MY $5 YOU OWE ME FROM A FEW YEARS BACK! I BOUGHT YOU PIZZA AT LITTLE CEASARS WHEN WE WENT TO SMASH AT NICKS HOUSE!

gg'd

Supertramp

Smash Cadet
Could someone please respond to this because im getting a bit desperate here.

Are there ever any smashfests/tourneys in Vancouver so I dont have to go out to SFU? Or does anybody want to get together with some of my competitive friends and play?

Ive stopped checking up on the thread lately because of exams, but ironically ive been playing a lot more melee than ever. Out of COMPLETE CHANCE I met a few random smashers at my school and I have been playing with them about an hour a day for a few months now. They go by the tags KyuuKyuu and Emubreath and a few others im not sure if anyone knows them or not; they havent been in tournament for a couple years, but we are getting better than we ever were.

We only play Melee btw.

Gimme a shout

Supertramp.

unityole

Smash Lord

Are there ever any smashfests/tourneys in Vancouver so I dont have to go out to SFU? Or does anybody want to get together with some of my competitive friends and play?
if you really REALLY love to compete in smash, a trip to SFU should be next to nothing. I mean once you're here, you get all the chance there is to play versus other people you never meet, which is what you're asking for correct?

from vancouver to SFU isn't that far, unless you're from places like north van, basically beyond lion's gate bridge or deep in downtown. other than those, you should be able to locate skytrain or buses easily :/ all it takes is a map and couple of minutes.

so, in conclusion, THIS SATURDAY AT SFU, MELEE TOURNAMENT, LETS GO

Firestorm88

Smash Lord

Ive stopped checking up on the thread lately because of exams, but ironically ive been playing a lot more melee than ever. Out of COMPLETE CHANCE I met a few random smashers at my school and I have been playing with them about an hour a day for a few months now. They go by the tags KyuuKyuu and Emubreath and a few others im not sure if anyone knows them or not; they havent been in tournament for a couple years, but we are getting better than we ever were.

We only play Melee btw.

Gimme a shout

Supertramp.
I think our community has now grown a bit too big to be able to do tournaments at people's houses so I don't think we'll be seeing any Vancouver based tournaments. SFU Burnaby isn't hard to get to at all. It's 1 bus + 1 skytrain + 1 bus for most people. Lately all the tournaments have been at SFU. It's better than having tournaments at Richmond which is like some isolated hellhole with the worst public transportation link in the world >=( Thankfully the skytrain should fix that... Last Vancouver stuff I remember was small smashfests at John's or Nick's house and Wally's.

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
Out of COMPLETE CHANCE I met a few random smashers at my school and I have been playing with them about an hour a day for a few months now. They go by the tags KyuuKyuu and Emubreath and a few others im not sure if anyone knows them or not;
I remember those two guys =D, they used to post in this thread like a year ago. You should def try and bus to SFU its really not that far, maybe of the new people come from North Van, Kamloops, and Victoria.

Rampage

vx

We only play Melee btw.

Gimme a shout

Supertramp.
Buddy sfu is like so close to you

lol srsly I live out here in coquitlam and I still make it out (Only 3 bus' + skytrain)

Top Bottom