• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

Metà

Smash Master
So, who wants money matches at the smashfest?

I will play $5 best of 3 (or 5) against anyone who asks, while I'm there. Advanced slobs (tourney rules) or specific match-ups (as long as I agree to the match-up), it's all fair game as long as I have cash on me (which I will).

Yakal, don't ***** out of our Ness vs Falcon LOL

Byuusan

Smash Journeyman
ok so i guess i gotta put some rules down now too, since my area kinda strict.

RULES​

1) don't make too much noise, i live in an apartment, you'll disturb the neighbors
2) Clean up after yourself, seriously, i don't wanna clean up after you.
3) No stealing, no seriously, i dont wanna see stuff missing, or else i might never do this again
4)make sure you got a way to go home, for obvious reason
5) don't change hte volume of the tv once i set it, please, don't
6) don't touch my comp, unless you ask me for w/e reason it may be.

only apply to people staying overnight

7) don't go into my sister room.
8) get ready for a rude awakening, my mom said it herself she'll kick everyone out at roughly 7-8 am sunday to start cleaning up, for that reason, when everyone but peeps staying overnight are left, we should start cleaning some basic stuff.
9) make sure you have some kind of ride home pretty early lol, she really would kick you out.

remember i live in an apartment, and i have it rent-free, so really, please clean up after yourself and keep it down when your here.

unityole

Smash Lord
ok so i guess i gotta put some rules down now too, since my area kinda strict.

RULES​

1) don't make too much noise, i live in an apartment, you'll disturb the neighbors
2) Clean up after yourself, seriously, i don't wanna clean up after you.
3) No stealing, no seriously, i dont wanna see stuff missing, or else i might never do this again
4)make sure you got a way to go home, for obvious reason
5) don't change hte volume of the tv once i set it, please, don't
6) don't touch my comp, unless you ask me for w/e reason it may be.

only apply to peep overnight

7) don't go into my sister room.
8) get ready for a rude awakening, my mom said it herself she'll kick everyone out at roughly 7-8 am sunday to start cleaning up, for that reason, when everyone but peeps staying overnight are left, we should start cleaning some basic stuff.
9) make sure you have some kind of ride home pretty early lol, she really would kick you out.

remember i live in an apartment, and i have it rent-free, so really, please clean up after yourself and keep it down when your here.

good luck lol

F

fourshot

I'm poor meta, can we do a PRiDE money match? :D
(Like no sandbagging, and your pride is on the line.)

unityole

Smash Lord
Hey I'm kinda new here. Anyways are there any friendly/chill smashfests going on in the vicinity of Burnaby coming up?
there might be a few, u can ask around. but for sure no more smashfest from me until john/manli/eric returns.

Metà

Smash Master
Jack, that's so dumb, lol

There are more players than those three.... and you can't expect the community to get much bigger when nobody else is hosting any smashfests.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Jack, that's so dumb, lol

There are more players than those three.... and you can't expect the community to get much bigger when nobody else is hosting any smashfests.
why don't they? Jack doesn't even play melee and he's SS Tier in Van. We need more SS Tier!!!
Roby! Evan! ;P

come on Van <3
"Step it up"

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Jack just wanted to prove a point. He never really intended to entirely drop everything.

Oh yeah Kenny, I'll probably be there around late afternoon. Dunno if I'm staying the night since I got no $ and not doing an STD hungry.

chocolate thunda

Smash Cadet
all i hafta say to the jack hosting issue is that y'all need to step off his nuts. he doesnt even play melee and did it for us. pitched in countless amounts of money for pizza FOR US, cleaned up after us, let us stay the night and play dota, etc. jus cuz he decided to stop hosting for wutever reason he may have, doesnt give u guys the right to bash him on it. its funny how when things go your way you are all happy. but when the only person in BC tryna keep the melee scene alive decides to stop tryin, everyone starts hatin.

"Jack has a venue at his disposal, and he refuses to use it"

just cuz jack has a venue, doesnt mean he has to use it. if u had a venue, would u wake up and open it up to the community at 11am and keep it open all night long? NO.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
But does he need anyone to agree with his reasoning? Imagine you notice a magical pot of gold that appears in your house every sunday containing $2000 dollars, and you quit your job, buy a big house and a nice car, and enjoy. Then, one week 8 months later, it stops appearing there. What do you do, get pissed and swear at the pot?

Of course not. It was never required for you depend on it, and when (for whatever reason) the pot is gone, you have no right to complain.

I think Jack just needs some time to himself, which is fine. He told me he's considering hosting bi-weeklies in a bit.

Metà

Smash Master
Well, I talked to him about it today, and he kind of said it was the general attitude of the players that was pissing him off. That's legit, I'll leave him alone. I'm probably part of the problem if that's the case anyway.

But when he says he's not hosting because just a few people aren't coming, I can't help but feel like he's just being a ****, which is common Jack behaviour.

Also, he ***** at Melee. His Falcon is SO GOOD. Combo video? I think so

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Lol man it's amazing how well vincent picks up new games.

His already better then most people in dota and only played a couple times..

Byuusan

Smash Journeyman
oh snap there is a person called ead sexy vocab.

Also my mom will question where i met all of you before, just say i've met you in SFU (for the most case this is true), or at Evans house, or else she'll think your just trying to get inside the house

Byuusan

Smash Journeyman
ok so i got a full list now, i might as well give directions to my place.

A majority of you will probably come from the New Westminster Skytrain station so i'll give the directions from there.

From the Station, you walk to 8th Street, cross the street and take the 123 bus, go up to 4th ave. and stop there, if you need to know the gneral area, it has a pizza shop and a closed down shop arcoss the street, look for that. Cross the street when your off and walk to my house. (Transit)

From the Station, go to 8th street and walk uphill till your at 4th ave., go left into 4th ave. (Walk)

My House is 815 4th Ave. Apt #204.

Door open 8 am- 9pm, confirm with me if you want to stay overnight( can be over msn, here or right there at the smashfest)
Fail yakal, i gave direction a while ago.

Unless roby doesn't stay, noone else cna stay overnight, but they're also expect to leave at least around 10 am so we cna start cleaning the whole place up (unless they WANT to help us clean up lol).

Also a note about transit vs walking.

The bus comes every 30 mins, so if the bus isn't there, it actually faster to get to my place by walking.

If your lost or near the area, call me at 604-374-1921 (my cell).

But if you call me at the bus station and say your lost, i ain't picking you up. That WAY too much hassle xD If you have to, google map my address.

Top Bottom