• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bakery - Realised I can still edit the thread title!

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Considering we have 45 frames of floating above someone before the laser and landing...I don't think it's that important.

M@v

Subarashii!
I hate rob. I just realized yesterday that his bair covers every single recovery option we have.
Don't be predictable. Also that's pretty much his only advantage in the MU. You can camp him all day long and there's almost nothing he can do.

swordsaint

Smash Master
Don't be predictable. Also that's pretty much his only advantage in the MU. You can camp him all day long and there's almost nothing he can do.
Remembering that its so easy to react to Robs laser as well since he tilts his head before firing. + nair and jab (multihits in general) still **** rob. nothing will ever change that lol. Then we have his terrible recovery which imo is one of the worst in the game, the lack of being able to air dodge after up b'ing is....
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=metagame+minute&aq=0&oq=metagame+min

we have frame data on the silent laser now, thats relatively new.
While I didnt know the exact frame data, I thought that was fairly commonly known. I agree with Tommy G though. lasering up close is the worst option you can ever do since falcos an easy target from below from a lot of the characters that actually matter. All Metaknight is going to do is either Up b, nair, uair, fair, dair...nado...see theres just too many options. Snakes going to up tilt for sure.

also I feel as if people overlooked the 'staling' of the lasers. (which was addressed in that video as the techniques only real weakness)
Long story short, if your lasers are fresh, you're not doing them enough.

AndGravy

Smash Apprentice
Uploaded by Izaw

SSBB Kasper(Falco) vs C.R.Z(Fox) | Tournament Match - LF |
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8ROpu1ZVyA&feature=feedu

I'm only through the first match so far. Gotta say, I'm really impressed with Kasper's game. Only question i have is why doesn't he bair fox out of upB for stage spikes? I saw 2 opportunities in the first match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8ROpu1ZVyA&t=2m10s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8ROpu1ZVyA&t=4m09s

Does he not do it because fox could tech it? Personally I love using Bair to hit fox out of his recovery.

Otherwise, this is some awesome stuff.

Kasper!

Smash Lord
lol i side b onto the stage way too much sometimes, to the point were it becomes predictable :(

kept trying that same fsmash read when i could have baired

should have di'ed fox uptilt faster

etc

Choice

Smash Champion
kasper, when you sdi'd utilt down the first few times, were you trying to get shield out or what was happening?

i know you can do that as wolf but i forget if falco can too. normally i just sdi forward and up and try to bair or jump.

Kasper!

Smash Lord
kasper, when you sdi'd utilt down the first few times, were you trying to get shield out or what was happening?

i know you can do that as wolf but i forget if falco can too. normally i just sdi forward and up and try to bair or jump.
i tried to di down and get my sheild out but it wasnt happening on one of the matches iirc

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Come to think of it, it was probably just you saying you're really good now. Classic.
Are you actually going to participate in this board? I remember you did once upon a time, when you were capable of being serious online.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I haven't entered much in the past 8 months due to school but I'll be entering stuff every weekend starting in mid may.

Yes I did lose to San :( 1-2 though. **** Ike!! That ******* is so strong!! I hate strong characters :/

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
I am going to try to come to many more tournaments this summer. I just gotta remember to check the tourney board. I'll def be at CEO for starters. I want to go to NLL May if they have one. Good practice...

Hey Kasper, in this vid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8ROpu1ZVyA) do you have the first song on Battlefield, the second Battlefield texture (night), and the winter Smashville one? Are they all on BrawlVault? I've seen somethin like the night BF one but it this one is higher quality...

Kasper!

Smash Lord
Kasper do you think you could give me a time stamp critique of my set vs trump in the critique thread?
im not really good at the mu so i dont think asking me would be a wise choice :(

I am going to try to come to many more tournaments this summer. I just gotta remember to check the tourney board. I'll def be at CEO for starters. I want to go to NLL May if they have one. Good practice...

Hey Kasper, in this vid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8ROpu1ZVyA) do you have the first song on Battlefield, the second Battlefield texture (night), and the winter Smashville one? Are they all on BrawlVault? I've seen somethin like the night BF one but it this one is higher quality...
i dont know about the song on battlefield or the winter smashville, but i definetly know the night battefield texture is on brawlvault, i got mine from there. Yami created it i think

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Thanks Kasper. By the way, sorry I didn't reply on AIM the other day. I was at school and my iPod had AIM on, but I couldn't access it.
And also *steals songs from SmashTornoi videos* :troll:

DJ Jack, your text color is too hard to see...

Viper I wanna play you bro. Go to CEO. Hopefully we can meet up before then too.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
Thanks Kasper. By the way, sorry I didn't reply on AIM the other day. I was at school and my iPod had AIM on, but I couldn't access it.
And also *steals songs from SmashTornoi videos* :troll:

DJ Jack, your text color is too hard to see...

Viper I wanna play you bro. Go to CEO. Hopefully we can meet up before then too.
CEO is way too expensive. Holy smash is the next week on the 18th come to that

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
yup i went to willvo 2010. i played with tommy g for a few games and i also posted the results. I bugged the **** out of will for them.
On that CFL status... one tournament every year.

As long as you don't start complaining about why more people from your region aren't on the PRs. xD

But yeah, I don't remember a lot of things. My mind has been going through an intense amount of stress lately and it's been making it difficult to think and remember things. :( Sorry <3

Top Bottom