• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bakery - Realised I can still edit the thread title!

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Happy Meaningless Passage of Time by Way of Moving Around a Flaming Ball of Gases Day. Yaaaaaaaaay.

I Dair You

Smash Ace
NNID
mike824
3DS FC
0834-4241-7942
@ Hylian, your Falco is solid and very technical. Good use of bdacus, ledge lasers and boost pivot grabbing. You use good judgement on assessing whether or not its worth approaching. IMO though heres a few things I might change/add:
While bdacus IS a quick and unexpected tactic to use on your opponent, you seemed to overuse it a bit, which takes away alot of the "surprise" factor. Also, bair more. Bairing onto the stage is an amazing mixup as opposed to using get-up attack or phantasm.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
What about nair? I like using nair to get off the edge personally >_>.

I also use bair a lot more in other matches heh. I'll keep that in mind though. I do bdacus way too much sometimes >_>.

Edit:
Also, here is a more silly match but it should assure you that I use bair when the opportunity presents itself lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERfrLgOi03c

Honestly there is not much to say. A bit more time with Falco and everything I think will correct itself.

One thing that sticks out for me is quit trying to Usmash after Dthrow so much. In match 3 you tried it every single time pretty much. And it was not even as percents where it would kill him. Against DDD it was fine since he does not have any aerials that can threaten you at those trajectories, but other characters can punish you trying to do that or do as DDD and get away all the time by airdodging.

A better idea might be to try to dash forward. By doing that if someone DIs up, you can follow with Nair or Bair. If they DI away you can keep dashing forward attempting to punish an aerial or airdodge. Shielding for avoiding aerials (if you get good at the timing it is not too uncommon to powershield them all the time).

Also, after lookig at match 2, I noticed that whole set you use SH Dair quite a lot for many situations and DDD got away with airdodging or shielding many of them. Do not forget to use Nair many times because it outlasts airdodge and is somewhat safe on shield because of the multiple hits. After landing you can try to go into some more shield pressure or simply get away.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Sooo falco critique thread is dead so I'm going to leave this here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UemMCTRPjgY
First thing : you're campy and unsafe at the same time. Mostly in game 1 and it gets better in games 2 and 3 but it's still very present.
I mean, you made some strange decisions when in close quarters that could have lead to getting killed if your opponent had been more reactive.
Things like SHDLing right in front of your opponent or ending a phantasm next to him are things that can be punished so hard they're not worth trying.

Also abuse FHTLs against platform campers and jab more.

Other than that it's alright

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Btw guys, Bushido Brawl Impact 2 is in the works and will happen in July or August in Paris, France. It's the sequel to the tournament where Glutonny beat Ally in Grand Finals. I wanna see some american Falco players come to the next one. <3

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Btw guys, Bushido Brawl Impact 2 is in the works and will happen in July or August in Paris, France. It's the sequel to the tournament where Glutonny beat Ally in Grand Finals. I wanna see some american Falco players come to the next one. <3
Omg Paris <3 I want to go. Maybe I should start saving now and make it a reality.

Kasper!

Smash Lord
man im soo sick, i cant even get off the sofa without feeling pain, my mouth stinks (chest infection obv) and constant headaches. Damm you larry passing on this illness to me over aim

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Remember to protect yourself online when have chat room encounters or you'll get a virus ;)

Man I was so drunk all day yesterday. Somehow I'm still alive.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Anyone who'll come to Paris for Bushido Brawl Impact 2 = made of pure win.

Larry you better come this time. If european Falcos cannot beat Mr-R and Leon, can you? FIND OUT IN THE NEXT EPISODE OF...

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
Anyone who'll come to Paris for Bushido Brawl Impact 2 = made of pure win.

Larry you better come this time. If european Falcos cannot beat Mr-R and Leon, can you? FIND OUT IN THE NEXT EPISODE OF...
I don't have the money for it... but I believe in Kasper

pulse131

Smash Ace
ya i havnt been sick in hella days either til recently, just getting over. forgot how much it sucked o.o
anyways im here cuz i dont know what other top players their are other then dehf and sk.
i mentioned it over in some other thread but ill put it here too.

we need a falco tier list. put all the falcos in a ranking system.
because honestly i dont really know any really good falco mains other then dehf or sk92 o.o

ya i just copy pasta'd.
but ya anybody down to do this? ive seen it on other boards and because of them i know all of the good players who main or second that character.

I fear it will be just another topic that does not get much attention. Falco boards are dead as far as anything productful happening.

I feel as if any frame data stuff I test is useless too. The only thing it does for me is show how great all of falco's moves are.

pulse131

Smash Ace
falcos jab.
no srsly falco's ****ing jab!!

but no ya the boards are pretty much dead. at the very, anyone wanna try and name 10 really good falcos?
from what ive seen

DEHF
SK92
Anti
Choice

.....who the hell else??

Beyond DEHF, I honestly cannot think of any other traveling falco.

I cannot tell you how much I love jab after trying ot use so many others like him.

Top Bottom