• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bakery - Realised I can still edit the thread title!

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Wow good stuff keitaro. I remember TommyG having a really old thread telling ppl to use more FH aerials due to them still hitting SH/Standing opponents and you being relatively safe off of them.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
If you want safety, it's all about that SH Rising Dair > drift away. Strong hit if they just eat it or try and jump. Sour spot if they try and spot dodge/roll. Enough shield stun to jab or otherwise react if they try and punish you for it.

PSA - Please Dair responsibly. It's obviously not the right choice if they're behind you.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
All of Falco's aerials are beast. Even his fair can have some interesting niche uses.

What the hearl teran? You were suppose to be moderator for all time. >_> Maybe you moved on in life? Or perhaps you might actually come around here more often. Aw, well. I think you might enjoy it more in this way perhaps.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
What the hearl teran? You were suppose to be moderator for all time. >_> Maybe you moved on in life? Or perhaps you might actually come around here more often. Aw, well. I think you might enjoy it more in this way perhaps.
Well not everything goes to plan but it's okay.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
If you have any questions and stuff go to the Q&A, me and many knowledgeable Falco mains can assist you. Also check out our very detailed and useful guide.(The Falco essentials)

I read a bit of the guide so far, so far its really useful and I will continue to read a bit more today.

And I'll be sure to use the Q&A if I have a question.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Playing Falco is about tight control, patience, and tons of swag.

They are the three concepts you mast master to master Falco.

it's that time of the year again, huh?
The time of year again where you come by?

With swag comes increased confusion and frustration of the other player. If you get hurt it'll be a big whooping.
I'm afraid you'll have to change your nickname to Faryuko first.
:bee:

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
this past weekend me and NEO were playing and I had a 0% to 130% lead on him last stock, and he did the fthrow to dair 0 to death and I put the input for up b backwards so I could land on the stage and it didn't do it and I lost....this killed my motivation for the rest of the tournament, how do you guys deal with things like that? Cuz I was an emo ***** and didn't feel like playing.

The best way to avoid it is to never be placed in that spot to begin with.

Retreat up to the northern reaches of the Himalaya's and begin your training. Your goal is to become like this guy:

If you do not get it, then watch "Surfs Up". Once you become so care free and unattached to winning that you can truly have fun, then you should never become depressed about a match.

Instead, you would have been HOLY SH** that was amazing that you respected NEO for a fun match and went off to the other matches in high spirits.

Then again, its hard to become Chicken Joe.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
1st off, you gotta remember that no matter how hard youre beating on someone, you can start feelin yourself until the game is over. in that situation, despite the big lead you still shouldnt have been in a spot on the stage where that could happen.

2nd. as far as after the match. Look at everything objectively. NEO is one of the best marths out there. and apparently you were stomping him out to have that much of a lead on him. That means you are clearly a very good player and if you had to have a player on his level do something that desperate to beat you, it says something about yourskill level. and then you take that confidence into your next match.

thats how I would look at it anyway.

iFudge

Banned via Warnings
this past weekend me and NEO were playing and I had a 0% to 130% lead on him last stock, and he did the fthrow to dair 0 to death and I put the input for up b backwards so I could land on the stage and it didn't do it and I lost....this killed my motivation for the rest of the tournament, how do you guys deal with things like that? Cuz I was an emo ***** and didn't feel like playing.
stop taking brawl serious
be like the masked villian mf doom go with the flow
stuff like that happens in mvc3/melee all day

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841

Right, I got swag from Lucario or do I need more swag?

I'm afraid you'll have to change your nickname to Faryuko first.
Funny that,, I planned on getting my name changed, I should change it to this for the lolz

play chars u can cg
cg spike x6
get money youngflock1992 style
Sounds good :falco:

stop taking brawl serious
be like the masked villian mf doom go with the flow
stuff like that happens in mvc3/melee all day
What are all the things brawl has done better though? Melee beats out brawl in most things except a few.

Brawl has over melee:
1) 5 character tags
2) Customizable controls
3) In melee, if you grabbed someone at the same time you got hit, you would take no damage or knockback at all. In brawl, you at least get the benefit of doing damage even if you get no knockback.
4) Teching actually takes skill in brawl. But I suppose this point is rather mute point since you can accidentally cancel your teching frames. You try to go for an L-cancel, but get hit before landing, try to tech again and cancel your 20 frame free window. The one habit I can never break between these games.

Melee makes me want to tech everything in brawl. Brawl makes me want to attempt to press L at every tech opportunity in melee even when i shouldn't sometimes.

Anyway, ken making guest appearance at King of Cali this past weekend lol Stuff to watch: http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp/b/339231930

DaveyBird

Smash Cadet

Falco: Hold still and let me put my foot up yer butt!
Lol. I don't play Brawl much, I don't have a Wii, just a Gamecube. Yeah I've noticed a lot of the diehards like Melee better cause it's more technical and you can make use of a lot of moves the game unintentionally has.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Well at least in Brawl you can't spam a move five hundred times and expect to kill with it.
Diminishing returns is one of the good things that happened in Brawl (with the ability to turn tap jump off yeah).

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Lucario has no swag, Lucario is not a pimpass Pokémon. He isn't Charizard or Trenchcoat Wobbuffet.

So yeah, you need to build it up. I suppose Lucario teaches you patience though what with not being able to kill if you haven't taken decent damage.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
How could you say such a horrible thing :'(

You're a bully!

Yer I have patience but if I can I'll try to use the upB edgeguard if I'm ahead.

Falco is coming on pretty well but I'm having trouble going from dash attack straight into upsmash. I see my friend Lux do it all the time but I can't even do it :l

btw Nidoking was the gen 1 pimpass Pokemon.

iFudge

Banned via Warnings
What are all the things brawl has done better though? Melee beats out brawl in most things except a few.

Brawl has over melee:
1) 5 character tags
2) Customizable controls
3) In melee, if you grabbed someone at the same time you got hit, you would take no damage or knockback at all. In brawl, you at least get the benefit of doing damage even if you get no knockback.
4) Teching actually takes skill in brawl. But I suppose this point is rather mute point since you can accidentally cancel your teching frames. You try to go for an L-cancel, but get hit before landing, try to tech again and cancel your 20 frame free window. The one habit I can never break between these games.

Melee makes me want to tech everything in brawl. Brawl makes me want to attempt to press L at every tech opportunity in melee even when i shouldn't sometimes.

Anyway, ken making guest appearance at King of Cali this past weekend lol Stuff to watch: http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp/b/339231930
err i was referring to the part
about being ahead in a large margin then somebody ****** you in a instant.
example jiggs rest combo

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
All Wobbuffet wears is his Mirror Coat.

& What if he's named after Warren Buffett? ...

kismet2

Smash Ace
you can't let things like that get you down, especially after they've already happened ya gotta move on.

Top Bottom