• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bakery - Realised I can still edit the thread title!

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Someone change it to the discussion on MK.

And I say we go troll their thread. 2pro. :pIMP:

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Meta Knight is balls and has no projectile.
The only thing saving him is gimping and dsmash, both of which can be avoided by a good Falco.

70:30 Falco.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Meta Knight is balls and has no projectile.
The only thing saving him is gimping and dsmash, both of which can be avoided by a good Falco.

70:30 Falco.
Win Teran is Win

On a side note, I know exactly how to play the Metaknight matchup. I'm to gud mayne.

Jon?

Smash Champion
I'm been studying on the Falco-MK matchup for ages and I have lots of practice with MKs. It's gotten to the point where playing a MK is fine with me since I know what to do in every situation.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I'm been studying on the Falco-MK matchup for ages and I have lots of practice with MKs. It's gotten to the point where playing a MK is fine with me since I know what to do in every situation.
So you make it 80:20 Falco?

Hmm... Perhaps it's 75:25 then. We should get more opinions. :p

Jon?

Smash Champion
On a more serious note, if you can't manage to pull off a CG in the matchup, I still think its close to 50-50 due to the fact Falco can rack up damage on Metaknight out of nowhere. Falco definitely has the tools to combat a Metaknight.

Quik17

Smash Ace
Yah... up-air, full hop lasers, and especially b-air are the only ways to get around air planking, and good MKs will air plank you at low percents to avoid the CG

Edit: This is Arty posting on my bro's account

It's MKs opinion that they lose when we CG
We're MK counters, guys. woot.
MK is still extremely difficult to deal with. As soon as we get hit by anything, we are on the defence, with no defensive options. Tornado suddenly becomes a threat. All it takes is one gimp and we will lose the advantage because of

A) how hard it is to recover or prevent being juggled by such a character B) the difficulty of getting a kill.
C) How hard it is in the first place to even get the lead.

Even with a CG all it amounts to is about 1/2 of the damage needed to get MK into KO range. After looking at SK92 play M2K, Falco is really being pushed to his limits to avoid being hit, and try to hit back.

We do have the tools to avoid being hit by MK, but the difficulties we encounter are still problomatic. I say MK has the advantage. 55-45 MK.

And I call myself a Falco main lol *hits self*

Jon?

Smash Champion
Bair to stop their air planking which MK players stop when they get to around 40%. At that point, I start using more lasers and jab-grab pressure to unstale the Bair. About 60% of the time I kill MK will be with a Bair.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Why are we discussing this match seriously? Haven't we done it to death already?

Personally, I think studying matches like ICs and Marth is a far better idea.
MK... isn't that big an issue.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I'd like to discuss the disappearance of Blad01.

*Salutes Blad*

He came, went, came back, said he was gone for testing....

AND HE NEVER CAME BACK!

A tribute to one of the most awesome Falco boarders
*Leaves bread by grave*
He died during Testing I bet.

edit: Kuro's right. I'll be talking about Marth on the general discussion.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Yeah, she texted me a few minutes ago. I'm glad she did it though, cuz if her husband texted me for her, and read all our sexting.

I woulda' been wrapped. :(

Top Bottom