• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the balloon in smashville...

ice_cream_man

Smash Journeyman
add style to my play. While I'm banana'ing someone across the stage I'll throw one up in between glide tosses to pop it just to rub it in their face. That someone is usually my 12 year old bro. who is a nub.

themrskills

Smash Apprentice
And there is no doubt among us that this thread is the best.
It's almost as good as the balloon. We should just go ahead and sticky this so that everyone can share in the goodness. BTW, does anyone else's opponent get mad if you are winning, and then suddenly start ignoring them in leu of popping the balloon?

shock505

Smash Cadet
Even if your going to die in the process of popping the balloon you must go ahead and do it anyway, just as gimpy showed us in one of his vids that im too lazy to get

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
I mean, look at it, how menacing it looks up there, floating, trying to interfere with our match.
Of course I'll pop it, I even pop it in the middle of tournaments, if I use Falcon, I only pop it with a knee.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
This is the kind of thread I love, not the debating over whether a broken character should be banned or not. I'm definitely going to pop the balloon in my next tournament even if it causes me to get ***** and lose the match. Balloon > 500$

egan

Smash Rookie
if you dont pop it everyone explodes so make sure you pop it or.... ya know

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Every 1337th person to pop the balloon wins a free Wii.
Though you'd already have a Wii. So you can just auction it off on Ebay.

Qckpy01

Smash Apprentice
The balloon is an in game mindgame. It lures you in and once you pop it you either get hit or sd.

Karptroopa

Smash Apprentice
Psst psst, I heard if you pop the balloon over nine thousand times, you unlock Gideon for play. Either that or Mama Luigi.

streetracr77

Smash Journeyman
The balloon is actually a very low-resolution image of Sakurai's left testicle.

Must I explain why everyone wants to smash it?
Yep, that's why everyone wants to smash it.
I can't believe this thread hasn't been closed yet...

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
The balloon is actually a very low-resolution image of Sakurai's left testicle.

Must I explain why everyone wants to smash it?

Ha, ha, good one, this is why most people want to hit it.

also shhh.. don't actually say that they should close this thread or else....

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
Yep, that's why everyone wants to smash it.
I can't believe this thread hasn't been closed yet...
i can belive this thread hasnt made it to the 100th page yet.

the balloon is going to be the deciding cause for a world war 3.

there should be tournaments held to see who can pop the balloon the most and have a 5 minute time limit and a scorekeeper at each TV. furreal.
and there should also be a "balloon" popping tier list.

wario FTtoptier

DKKountry

Smash Ace
Corneria... Fourth Planet of the Lylat System
I posted this in another thread where the subject of the Smashville balloon came up.

I think it might be relevant, so here.

So there's a chance to edgehog an opponent into oblivion and it might even be the easiest edgehog that ever was but then, just as I am about to hop over the ledge and steal it away from my competitor who, being so desperate to live that he would make a deal with the God of Hades himself, I suddenly see a small round shadow creeping across the ground in my peripherals. I look up, and there is a small, 2D balloon that probably took a game designer all of three minutes to render. The little ball of gas seems to be calling to my very soul, "pop me," I hear a voice in my head, "set my gases free" the voices say. I look down at my opponent, who is only seconds away from grabbing the edge and stealing my chance for easy glory away from me.
I look back up at the balloon...
I look at my opponent....

No one should ever have to make this decision.

*Pop*

Top Bottom