• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Band of the Hawk: you have brought shame among the hawks

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Lmfao!!!!

He played brawl
So did you at Magfest, go **** yourself

that was the best year of Otakon anyway.........

;) seb <3
<3 it's a shame I won't be at Otakon this year

You guys should really stop sleeping together
in your dreams lover

I hope your real aunt dies

and someone explain to me WHY THE **** EVERYONE ELSE IS A MODERATOR YET IM STILL PRANKED?!?!

Lobos

Smash Master
I think i might skip out on otakon this year as well but will be planning on getting a hotel room for apex soonish

seb atleast your name is blue and not pink lol

Lobos

Smash Master
Exactly why I would go to apex, plus I've been going to otakon for the past 3 years now. I feel like I'm done with cons so yeah......I don't watch anime anymore, just read mangas. The only thing I would go to otakon for now is for the game room....I dont want to pay $65 just for that......

Reioumu

Smash Lord
2 years ago all of us were at BTree's house in the middle of baltimore. Where we wandered the streets at 1 AM looking for booze stores to be open, running into pot dealers and many other things.

Also Shinku's friend getting really drunk off of almost nothing...

Also Otakon 2008 had JAM Project, therefore it was the best Otakon ever.

Shinku

Smash Champion
2 years ago all of us were at BTree's house in the middle of baltimore. Where we wandered the streets at 1 AM looking for booze stores to be open, running into pot dealers and many other things.

yeah that was pretty epic. i remember he passed out on a kirby pillow and phil was trying to take it while he was sleeping LOL. shucks i wont be at otakon this year though

Reioumu

Smash Lord
He ended up taking another pillow which was mine or some ****. I dunno, he was drunk lol

And we were playing team super smashed bros. So for each stock the other team beat you by, you drank lol

Shinku

Smash Champion
this is just a random thought but. i absolutely cannot stand nor will i tolerate people who say "yeah ill get serious into that game" and they dont. like not even attempt nor will i see them make any effort.

now im not really talking about brawl, cause i know everyone said will get serious when it came out, and then we found out how much of a disappointment it was LOL. but no i mean like other games, sf4, melee, marvel, whatever.

point is, why say "yeah when it comes out ill go to tournies, by a stick, controller blah blah" but dont!?!?
really that pisses me off. for example i remember alot of people said that after pound 4, theyll play melee, yet i see no one of those new comers come into the scene. yeah its lieing but its pathetic.

yet ive also heard tons of people say theyll get serious when super sf4 comes out, i give them less than a month before they quit. now ray, you being a big 2-d fighters know exactly what i mean.

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
this is just a random thought but. i absolutely cannot stand nor will i tolerate people who say "yeah ill get serious into that game" and they dont. like not even attempt nor will i see them make any effort.

now im not really talking about brawl, cause i know everyone said will get serious when it came out, and then we found out how much of a disappointment it was LOL. but no i mean like other games, sf4, melee, marvel, whatever.

point is, why say "yeah when it comes out ill go to tournies, by a stick, controller blah blah" but dont!?!?
really that pisses me off. for example i remember alot of people said that after pound 4, theyll play melee, yet i see no one of those new comers come into the scene. yeah its lieing but its pathetic.

yet ive also heard tons of people say theyll get serious when super sf4 comes out, i give them less than a month before they quit. now ray, you being a big 2-d fighters know exactly what i mean.
i bought a stick :D

bout to be some mad upsets in the 2d fighter community :joyful:

thumbswayup

Smash Master

Good times, I wish we could relive them.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
its just hard to juggle multiple games at once shinku. for example, from year like 2004-2007, i played STRICTLY melee, at all times. there weren't any other video games, when i said "lets play video games", that meant melee.

This caused a dramatic rise in skill over the years. i put all my focus and time, even sacrificing parts of my social life to get better (long fests, weekends, etc.).

Since pound 3, which i thought was the beautiful end of melee, I've put time into several other games. ive "seriously" put time into brawl, and more recently, Tatsunoko vs capcom, FF Dissidia. I also got really good at Mariokart, which doesn't even really have a designed tournament system, i just love playing it and being good. I've put a LOT of time back into melee just recently.

Those are just the games that i feel i have tried to play "seriously", i also put time into a lot of other games since 2008, since now i own a wii and xbox and PS3, that i love playing, but am not necessarily competitive. I've put tons of time into playing halo with my roommates, CoD MW2, various final fantasy games (13 anyone?), Marvel Ultimate Alliance, etc.

So my point is that it's hard to put a lot of time into a game, when it means not playing all the other games you own and love. I bought an XBOX almost specifically so i could play Halo and MW2, it'd be dumb if i just never played them and focused all on TvC and Melee (which is kinda what ive done).

However, I can see your point on the other side, because i remember really focusing hard on melee, and just seeing people who said they wanted to improved but simply didn't put in the hours and the right focus and mindset.

also, i totally CALLED thumbs showing up for this tournament. did you seriously get last at planks **** though? wtf man, you cant just give up at mediocre level, you gotta get some top placings and show your skills

Shinku

Smash Champion
LMFAO!!!

that clearly wasnt even thumbs but frozen using thumbs tag.

and believe me, i know exactly what you mean. dude, i play a **** load of games competitively and non competitively. i play naruto, sf4, marvel capcom 2, and every now and then my boys play brawl for fun. my point is why play brawl competitively?? the game isnt fun at tournaments. i recall every brawl tournament i go to i leave upset and with a head ache. it wasnt made to be played that way, yet hear we are like the stupid mlg doing what it clearly wasnt suppose to. of course it aint gonna last.

also i just beat ff13 recently. i never did get that chocobo

Lobos

Smash Master
LMFAO!!!

that clearly wasnt even thumbs but frozen using thumbs tag.

and believe me, i know exactly what you mean. dude, i play a **** load of games competitively and non competitively. i play naruto, sf4, marvel capcom 2, and every now and then my boys play brawl for fun. my point is why play brawl competitively?? the game isnt fun at tournaments. i recall every brawl tournament i go to i leave upset and with a head ache. it wasnt made to be played that way, yet hear we are like the stupid mlg doing what it clearly wasnt suppose to. of course it aint gonna last.

also i just beat ff13 recently. i never did get that chocobo
You have to beat missions 1-14 I think.....I'm at 33 now

you suck at brawl too :laugh:

Top Bottom