• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

Dyclone

Smash Ace
ah, i was right, now i have to hope that the next 2 people to enter actually want to have an FFA... that won't happen, ill try.
Edit: they do but with lots of items
Anotha Edit: In a room with a marth and a noob ike who will do anything to get rid of me

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
who is this in my room?

luigi with random colors, me on kirby, sonic and mario/falco/fox/falcon/MK whose mad at me

link2702

Smash Champion
i hate finding dumb wifikes that win strictly cuz one idiot either runs into ikes pitifully slow smashes....or they knock me into em =_=;

1544C

Smash Rookie
"Show me ya moves!"

That one sir.
Do you side taunt? Because I've encountered a captain falcon who side taunted at the start and then he runs at me trying to combo me.
I remember it was a 1v1
I always use fire mario or fire luigi

link2702

Smash Champion
it is pretty satisfying though when the other two leave, and the wifike is still there, thinking he's gonna pwn, and he gets put in a 1v1 against ya.

i remember a great time when that happened and i had the ice climbers...on shadow mosis island

i think he **** himself after the chaingrabs, ice block lock, and then just general predicting and avoiding his smashes that "worked so well when the other two were around" i think that more then anything else pissed him off, every last smash he tried to do, i just sidestep dodged :troll:

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Who was that green Zelda I fought with my brown Mario/green Snake/ red Ike? Mostly green Snake. Enjoyed the few 1v1s, papa, although you went afk when I brought out red Ike so I DCd the group.
It took place a little over an hour ago.

Wiiboy4ever

Smash Rookie
Lol, this thread is pointless. There's thousands of comments everyday, no one's gonna find anybody. XD

Zulo

Smash Ace
Nah, I've been checking it less than a week and I've run into at least two people here. Think I may have been in a group with John12346 or whoever was the Lucario main, he just stood off to the side of Temple and didn't really fight for the most part. I was green Marth/Pit.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
I am in part why this thread exists

Lol, this thread is pointless. There's thousands of comments everyday, no one's gonna find anybody. XD
How soon the genesis of this thread is forgotten. The very reason this thread exists is because MuttonBasher and I were coincidentally in the same Team Battle. It is the very reason I went out of lurking and created an account on SmashBoards. So yes, it does happen even in Team Battle.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
I've seen a couple of people on here. I'll prolly head into BB in about 20 minutes or so.

I got vids ill upload tomorrow

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Green Pit?

@Link
You use a green Pit? Have you ever fought a B/W Ganondorf (or possibly even that one colour you get when you press the X button once) before? It was always close battles, and either you or him would win. Always on FD. If that was you, please resemble your respect as a player towards a character who has absolutely no advantages. I gave you my best with my Ganny, and those fights were fun nonetheless. GG's if that was you.

Again, sorry for double post. I do not know why I forget about commenting already when I just said something like 5 minutes ago. :/

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I'll continue on BB later. I'm too sleepy and I guess I was lucky all I had was TPs or that is probably why I feel that way. I'll try again later after a nap so I'll just rack up more spectated matches doe my record count in the mean time. XD

link2702

Smash Champion
@Link
You use a green Pit? Have you ever fought a B/W Ganondorf (or possibly even that one colour you get when you press the X button once) before? It was always close battles, and either you or him would win. Always on FD. If that was you, please resemble your respect as a player towards a character who has absolutely no advantages. I gave you my best with my Ganny, and those fights were fun nonetheless. GG's if that was you.

Again, sorry for double post. I do not know why I forget about commenting already when I just said something like 5 minutes ago. :/
I use green pit occasionally, since i got tired of the dark pit/its overused like mad now.

but tbh i can't remember facing a ganon in quite awhile.

but there is a really easy way to tell if you faced my pit; it WILL either be black or green, and/or since its basic brawl and i usually don't play as serious(tbh i don't play brawl seriously at all anymroe) i use alot of fancy arrow looping tricks all the time, most notably a looped arrow shot into angel ring(side b)

because lets be honest here, would anyone REALLY wanna face a pit camping his *** off and ledge planking the whole match with Uair? Part of the reason i gave up on brawl as much was b/c i saw how it was having to be played higher and higher up; camping, timing out, and as in the case of pit, extreme ledge ****ing and arrow camping.

there is another way to know if you faced my pit though; i only use him against oppenents that truely do give me such a challenge that i feel i should go ahead and use my main.

Zulo

Smash Ace
Could also have been mine, but the only time I remember going against a ganon 1v1 recently I played a bunch of different characters after awhile. Used all green costumes, pwnt with Puff.

FIREL

Smash Ace
Has anybody broken a side on Shadow Moses and can't get through that side like an invisible force field is in the way? ^_^;
Happened once in sudden death. Too bad the it went on too long to be saved.

Also, im not going on brawl as much lately so yea...

PersonallyIPreferDair

Smash Apprentice
Has anybody broken a side on Shadow Moses and can't get through that side like an invisible force field is in the way? ^_^;
That actually makes everything more fun. Whenever I'm in a TP on Shadow Moses I always try to get everyone to tech the pillars in sudden death :)

One guy made it to 999%

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Additional notes / background on my vids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZrseUvd5Jw&feature=channel_video_title
Vids wonn wanted me to post, dont be fooled he is a professional troll
Thanks for posting my vids. Since I neither have a YouTube account nor the means to post such videos, I'll give a little more background on each:

The first and last videos, "Taunt KOing the Taunters" parts 1 & 2, were both on 5/18, mere minutes apart. That's right, they were both with the same exact group of randoms online, believe it or not! One would like to think after falling for such subtle antics, that the group would have wised up after the element of surprise was no longer on the table! One of the Pikachus seemed to have a sense of humor about it, but the whole group left one by one after Delfino.

The vid on Pirate Ship on 5/20 is what I like to call "Ganon's Epic Recovery." While the match itself isn't especially spectacular, I suspected the Falco picked his character looking for an "easy win", since I had already used Ganon in previous matches. I almost became too careless in the water as the ship rises near the end. I doubt either of us expected that epic recovery in the final seconds. I could not resist pulling out the sword after that.

The vid on Smashville on 5/31 is obviously just my Wario glitching around. Aside from making the bike go to ridiculous heights, my other favorite part was seeing how long I could stay on the bike without dismounting. It's trickier than it looks.

Finally, the vid on Jungle Japes on 4/2 is what I call "Brawl CPUs are Stupid" and subtitled "Hold A to Win." I accidentally selected Random as my player. Meta Knight just happened to be the one the game selected, and I definitely wasn't the one who picked Japes either. The video definitely speaks for itself and gives chuckles to those who aren't even familiar with the game.

Hope you guys enjoy watching them as much as I did playing them!

PersonallyIPreferDair

Smash Apprentice
David, I think I've been in a match with you once.

It was last year I think, where I might have been fighting a snake on shadow moses in a three person room. The Wario was afc until he randomly showed up and starting owning the Snake. Then you got the smash ball and did the motorcycle glitch and killed me. I personally felt honored.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Might not have been me, but who knows?

David, I think I've been in a match with you once.

It was last year I think, where I might have been fighting a snake on shadow moses in a three person room. The Wario was afc until he randomly showed up and starting owning the Snake. Then you got the smash ball and did the motorcycle glitch and killed me. I personally felt honored.
I wish I could say that the Wario you describe was me, but I suspect it wasn't. Only a tiny portion of my 3800+ saved replays are of 3P matches, and I wasn't quite as proficient with as many of the bike glitches last year. Of course it's possible I didn't get to save it, though I usually have a pretty good memory.

While searching for related matches, I did find several on 2/25 where another Wario and I were trading turns doing such bike glitches in Smashville. Maybe you ran into that Wario by chance? I rarely get to perform the "forbidden technique" on anyone. The last time I did that was on 6/7, and it was with a green Sonic who actually wanted me to do that to him. In just one hit he went from 11% damage to 56% damage with lethal knockback. I then let him kill me in return since it was a (mostly) friendly group.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
I wish I could say that the Wario you describe was me, but I suspect it wasn't. Only a tiny portion of my 3800+ saved replays are of 3P matches, and I wasn't quite as proficient with as many of the bike glitches last year. Of course it's possible I didn't get to save it, though I usually have a pretty good memory.

While searching for related matches, I did find several on 2/25 where another Wario and I were trading turns doing such bike glitches in Smashville. Maybe you ran into that Wario by chance? I rarely get to perform the "forbidden technique" on anyone. The last time I did that was on 6/7, and it was with a green Sonic who actually wanted me to do that to him. In just one hit he went from 11% damage to 56% damage with lethal knockback. I then let him kill me in return since it was a (mostly) friendly group.
I seen your Wario on Temple before - after I destroyed your other random character with my Ganondorf. LOL GG's nonetheless also good troll videos. Should see me troll too :D. We should troll together :D.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Have our Ganons met in Team Battle?

I seen your Wario on Temple before - after I destroyed your other random character with my Ganondorf. LOL GG's nonetheless also good troll videos. Should see me troll too :D. We should troll together :D.
It's quite possible we have been in the same matches without knowing it (and the same can be said for others here.) I think our Ganons may have been together in some Team Battles, taking down Falcos, Metas, and other so-called "impossible" matchups. Indeed, I have a habit of starting with non-main randoms just to get a feel for a group at first. Then if they appear to be good, I gradually switch to characters I am more comfortable using.

I definitely like the idea of jointly seeing what we can do sometime against some random people online. Maybe you get them to the ledge while my Luigi taunt KOs them, or I grab them over the edge and set you up to spike them with Ganon. The possibilities are virtually endless....

BTW, does the repeated "Don't quit now. Snake? Snake!!" codecs for the majority of a match count as trolling? If so, I specialize in taunt codecs on the first try almost all the time, just for the fun of it. Likewise I taunt transform Samus on demand as well (even on 1.5x speed in Training Mode), which has certainly saved my bacon in some of the more item-infested matches.

Top Bottom