• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

link2702

Smash Champion
*sigh* hate when noobs win by sheer luck.

had a several ups and downs tonight, greatest matches for me of the night were against another link player, i happened to pick gold link and by a stroke of luck got pitted against another competitive link player....first match was amazing as an olimar just sat by and watched....

but then...that annoying little green toon link showed up and had items on the whole time, the idiot couldn't take a hint even when the other link went meta on him and we double teamed him...

then to make matters worse, lagfi and items screwed me over so much that even attempting to slaguhter him with his own character proved impossible; everytime i had him set up perfectly and got him in several Bairs with toon link, a star would fall on him....or some other crap, he'd do nothing but spam forward smash, i'd simply shield and grab him, then all the sudden some ******** explosive would fall infront of my next move.

basicly try to imagine all the worst possible amounts of bad luck happening and you'd have what happened to me...

ugh.....

anyway, ggs to the other competitive link i found.

and to the green toon link if he by some strange stroke of luck happens to read this; face me in a 1v1 with no gimmicky luck based BS items on and you'll get slaughtered repeatedly everytime.:glare:

time for sleep.:tired::tired::tired:

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
played against a pretty decent falco in teams yesterday night. He seemed interested in the pika mu and he'd use his jab alot lol since that was the only thing keeping him from not getting grabbed. Good thing DI>uair stops that bull****

Zulo

Smash Ace
I'm in a room with who I'm pretty sure is our gold Ike from before. I know it's the same one I went against because he went pink Falcon again and has the same playstyle, that's for sure. Meddling P4 would come in and attack us with kirby's stone or whatever for a free kill once we got to high percents, but he's gone now. P2 is a good Ike/Link, but he's kinda let me and the gold Ike duel... oh and he just left, shame.

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
White :peach: / Black :zerosuitsamus: / others I forgot + Various user,eventually leading to a three way Peach ditto when the second P4 came in?

I was the Cyan :gw: screwing around/spectating =P

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
, (
/
/
),
, and

Good group. I ended leaving when the crasher (That was picking random and other characters listed next to the "?") was replace by another player that had no interest to fight.

NightDragon

Smash Cadet
Yesterday night, I was green ROB/default Luigi/red G&W. Players 2 and 3 came and left, the star of this room was player 4. You could tell this was no forward tilting newb (he used CFalcon, Snake, and Zelda), he spaced his f-tilts and occasionally would throw a smash. This guy was trolling at first, so I had to whip out my ROB and challenge him to a f-tilt match, ROB naturally would win cause of his hax f-tilt.

I felt like this guy never went all out, he just wanted to troll I suppose. Although, that time he was getting tossed around a lot by the items and other players while trying to chase me it was lulzy :troll:.. I'd hide behind the other two fighting players at times to make his chase difficult. I left at the end of a match as green Pit, took everyone out in sudden death with relative ease.

justinrobk

Smash Rookie
I was in a pretty good group yesterday that was mostly (:ike:), (:peach:,:zelda:), and ( :link2:,:toonlink:). I played as green (:dedede:,:kirby:,:metaknight:). The peach/Zelda especially seemed to know what (s)he was doing. GGS all around, and i especially enjoyed the hilarity that ensued on Mario Bros :awesome:.

PersonallyIPreferDair

Smash Apprentice
Yesterday I was in a great group with a :wolf:, :falcon:,and :link2:.

I was :snake: and I kept on teching my c4's on the temple at the bottom part where it's safe. Then in sudden death we'd all do it :D.
I also tried to keep teching the bottom right section to keep myself alive.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
GG's to that yellow kirby who knew how to step up his game with my red Ganondorf. I love it when they are full of aggressive squishyness. I cannot believe I got stuck in a room with 3 Kirbys on FD. The blue kirby wasn't a noob, but the other yellow kirby was. They deserved every thunderstomp.

link2702

Smash Champion
meh....bout to jump on lolbasic brawl

look for an pink or black meta, that willll probably go snake afterwards, then after that willl probably just choose some random characters.

Dyclone

Smash Ace
In this room as green sonic, lol, trolling this falco. Tryna catch an RQ but he doesn't want to leave. but the longer he stays, the more i can troll him, and with wario at my side we WILL get a rage quit
Edit:I guess me going super sonic on him+ another sonic earned me another ragequit. And the room D/Ced

sturrz

Smash Rookie
Was on a couple of nights ago as Random characters then default Ike.

3 of us on Temple for a few matches, yellow Kirby camping edges and swallow-dropping us, so next matches me and Bowser/Ganon started messing with him, he suicide-dropped him off the edge with Bowser's down throw and Ganon's forward special then we took each-other on at the upper level and used any Final Smashes we got on him, much fun.

Also, this is not intended to be flaming, but what the hell is the point of Taunt Parties? They waste hours standing perfectly still in a computer game then jumping off the map during Sudden Death...normally I'd recommend people with no life go outside but in this case it's like...at least buy a new game. :/

PersonallyIPreferDair

Smash Apprentice
Also, this is not intended to be flaming, but what the hell is the point of Taunt Parties? They waste hours standing perfectly still in a computer game then jumping off the map during Sudden Death...normally I'd recommend people with no life go outside but in this case it's like...at least buy a new game. :/
Typically a good taunt party will involve people doing fun glitches and AT's just to show off and have fun. A match where no one interacts usually results in distrust between the players and eventually someone will attack. All in all, it's just a different way to enjoy the game, it's not like we take wi-fi seriously.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
So I've been rockin' the house today as red Lucario, among a few other characters in quite a few different crasher battles

Anyone see me?

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
I dunno, I doubt that Lucario be you. That Lucario wasn't all that good. He spammed Ftilt and Force Palm a lot and couldn't recover vertically at all...
Oh man.. My Lucario is decent, not PRO, but decent, but NOT ****.

I usually get my damage up on purpose, and spam F Smash. The hitbox is sex.

Clownbaby

Smash Apprentice
I have been away from brawl for a while, now that I have come back I find that night after annoying night I'm fighting the same three jerks who won't attack each other and double team when a partner is about to die. wtf. Now I'm just coming back so my ats arnt clean yet, but I'm good enough to give a competitive brawl so what's with these jerks? Sometimes I leave the character, watch tv check back to see if they dropped, nope still there fighting nobody now. I don't get it and I can't get away from those idiots.can anybody explain.

:phone:

Takumi

Smash Cadet
I have been away from brawl for a while, now that I have come back I find that night after annoying night I'm fighting the same three jerks who won't attack each other and double team when a partner is about to die. wtf. Now I'm just coming back so my ats arnt clean yet, but I'm good enough to give a competitive brawl so what's with these jerks? Sometimes I leave the character, watch tv check back to see if they dropped, nope still there fighting nobody now. I don't get it and I can't get away from those idiots.can anybody explain.

That sounds like an average taunt party to me.
It's a pretty big phenomenon and it's very likely those were different people
than those you may have encountered before.

Although it's frowned upon, most taunt parties will gang up on the one person who's attacking.

====

Anyway, I had a nice time as a blue Peach today for an hour or so.
Yesterday, I was a color changing Peach in a room with a Green Zelda and was often brought to the Target Test stage. It was quite interesting. I eventually got bored however and left after a while.

Finny

Smash Apprentice

Like Takumi said, it's a taunt party, something that is very common in "Basic Brawl". If you want to know more about them, see this thread: Taunt Parties

If you want a competitive brawl, I recommend going to "Team Battle," you'll definitely find people willing to fight there. Although there will still be people with items all the way up, lag, etc, there will still be good fights. Sorry you had to put up with that ****; you're not the only one.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
this ness got mad salty at me for ****** him on my jiggs, he suicided when he was paired up with me in TB. He left after that, i found him again and ***** him on my wolf

looking for him again now im not done with you yet you piece of ****!

Clownbaby

Smash Apprentice
Ok I read a portion of the taunt party thread, and what the hell. I don't get it. All they want to do is little tricks, for hours? And their are lots of them, and what we all have to put up with it? Or just keep trolling because nobody wants to fight? Weak sauce

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
in BB with a red falco and random bad sonic/link players

i got pretty good synch with this falco, im on red pikachu btw

who is the white purple ZSS in here fighting a pink zelda/yellow ike? ┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻

Finny

Smash Apprentice
hey sephy for what it's worth I was in a team battle with you for 1 and 1/4 games, first as PT and then as fox on smashville, but I lost my connection really fast, like 15 seconds in :p oh well, it was probably my connection making us laggy, it's been bad recently for some reason. better fix it.

link2702

Smash Champion
daaaaaaaaamn...that was cruel of me....

I was an ike, my oppenet was a noob ike who thought ikesmash was the greatest move in history.

two peaches sat and watched the show.

i 6 stocked him

3 of which i don't think he did a single bit of damage on me, and the 3rd was a jab jab to cancle to down tilt spike.

after that said match of humilation(end of the match i only had 34% damage) he tried to go metaknight on eldin bridge as i picked pit(you're not ready yet taunt spam :troll: ) and in that match i won again and got a smexy looking four arrow rain hit on him with 3 more coming from the front.

both matches i had the replays saved...the ike vs ike match was just cruel....i think i just mentally scarred a casual for life more then putting em in an IC chaingrab infinate :troll: nothing says pwned more then getting six stocked by someone with not even getting a single hit on until like after the third stock.

I gotta get someone to upload these replays even though its against a casual, and tbh i'm not remotely as good as i used to be in like...09(quit brawl seriously around that time, haven't been t a tournament offline in 2 years, haven't played many decent/good people on places like aib in the same amount of time, so i'm at best mediocre competitivly now) but sometimes when you pull something off like what i did you gotta put em up XD

kaazers

Smash Master
Pink Captain Falcon /Red/Tan Ike /White Marth /Black (?) Falco

Pink Captain Falcon /Red/Tan Ike /White Marth /Black (?) Falco

Managed to get on BB last night, and on the first group I met a Pink Captain Falcon at Temple who said he wanted to fight by jabbing the air and executing a couple of aerials. He was cool. I was the Red Ike by the way. I ate a couple of Falcon Paaawwwnches and really lost the first two matches (something about Captain Falcons, and Marios too while I'm at it…they confuse me). He'd always jump off and give me my point back and we'd start over again -- a favor I could return once I'd finally warmed up by the third round, lol.

He went Ike on me after that. Red Ike. I was ready to switch to Tan Ike, but it was a good thing that I didn't since he switched to that color next round. By then we were on Battlefield (and we'd stay there the next few rounds) with P3 Peach playing spectator. Oh yeah, and each and every battle would start with us jabbing the air and doing a couple of aerials. We also taunted at the last few seconds of the match; and Sudden Death would always mean a game of "who-can-die-first-doing-a-dair-offstage" between the three of us.

Unfortunately when he'd switched to White Marth, P4 Neutral Ike entered the group and trolled a bit by attacking him during the last second of a game, or by killing him in SD. I only got another half a round with him before P4 really started acting up, obviously itching to fight P2 so I let them go at it and played spectator with Peach (and ate a lot of aerials standing on the moving platform in Smashville, while she almost seemed untouched, lol).

I don't remember much after that, though I do recall how when P2 and P4 both ended up choosing Falco, P2, amused, taunted and P4 just attacked him mid-taunt. xD He did that a lot, actually.

Four months of playing this game, and all the people on BB seem to:

• Throw bomb-ombs/bumpers/etc
  • Attack me when I stray Deku Nut finds its way to me
  • Use Smashballs
  • Double or triple team me when I feel like fighting instead of staring off into the sunset for two minutes at Temple
  • Give each other points
  • And much, much more
Anyway, P2, I really enjoyed our itemless friendlies. The fight seemed like a godsend. (Can you tell I don't get that many nice fights on BB? xD) Would love to catch you on again. If you're somewhere out there, I hope you get this message.

P.S. Anyone else meet a Tan Ike/Ness and Zelda/Cap Pikachu couple? I'm pretty sure they're using some kind of 2 player code since whenever Tan Ike goes Link, he's always color coordinated with the Zelda. I've seen them three times in the last two months. I was so weirded out back then when I didn't know about hacks. I was like, "It's magic! :0"

EDIT: ROFL. Someone upload his match. Please. xD

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
I'm D/Cing parties that hit Temple 3 times in a row... it's infuriating.

Also I was on as red Lucario, Ike at times, hitting up a bunch of different parties/crasher battles. Anyone catch me?

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
who da red marth, black zelda in my room?

fun games guys, im on the red pikachu

1v1'ed the guy his pink falcon vs my luigi, idk how you lost to my terrible luigi

Top Bottom