• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
GGs to the Blue Falco/Dark Wolf/Black Marth/Black DK/Gold Ike/I forgot who else.I was the Green Fox/Blue Pikachu/Purple DDD/Blue Peach that 1v1'd you.
....Well,I would've if Player 3 hadn't been a douche and been trying to steal kills during our matches.I know.My Fox sux,but I'm still picking him up XP.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Hey, tonight was surprisingly a good night.

I feel like I am starting to sound like a broken record whenever I say that I was blue Pit. :| However, I was also purple TL and a bit of Ness. First good group, I found an ICs/Olimar that actually knew what they were doing. Knew how to chaingrab, DACUS, glidetoss, etc. We had a bit of a confusing relationship; I was asking to fight, but I think they were reluctant. After a while we teamed up though. The last fights were us vs. a white Lucario that was attacking everything that moved.

Second group I encountered had a white Pit in it. An actual DECENT one. OMG. This is the best day ever, right? Yeah, except we got a different P2 every other match and all of them seemed to be intent on interrupting our 1v1s. I was pretty salty at the start because of that, and uh... I kind of ended up throwing my controller on the ground in frustration. ._.' But it was still a pretty good fight! I lost (barely), so I SD'd to sorta say "GGs, you win." And we were buddies ever since. So yeah, GGs bro, too bad you had to leave. </3 P4 was a golden Ike that I'm pretty sure knew more than he was letting on...
OMGosh I was the ICs and Olimar in that match. I remeber lucario (just not the color) and a purple TL. Yeah I just learned what the jab signal thingy is not too long ago. I didn't know that u wanted to fight me. lol I meet another person YAY XD.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
It happens to all of us, really. If you go decide to take the risk of playing with people considerably less skilled than yourself, then at least take the initiative to abandon whatever pride you have, beforehand; i.e, just have as much fun as you can. Normally, I honestly cannot take Brawl seriously, because it's just far too silly for my tastes. As a result, I usually sandbag around with taunt parties until coming across a good player -- which, surprisingly, are populous in BB. Once I engage a competent player, I'll get off of my *** and do everything in my power to win (johning about lag, items and / or stage choice is well below me, so if I'm to play against anyone with enough skill to last a while, I'll place as much effort and determination into winning as possible. Even if I'm shrunken to a harmless size, or have been absolutely screwed by another player in the room, I'll still charge at my opponent, like a warrior :awesome:), even if I'm at a large MU disadvantage. Playing this game doesn't give me the same sense of satisfaction and joy that it did in '08, but that doesn't stop me from messing around with scrubs with very little knowledge of the competitive side of vBrawl -- not to mention, having a lot of fun doing so. Just be patient. You can use those players as pseudo sandbags, really. If those kinds of players really become an annoyance to you, then just leave the room.

The players who decide that it's a good idea to "triple team" any person 'ballsy' enough to approach their fun party in an aggressive manner are pretty easy to deal with. Personally, I have no problem dealing with players like that, because they're so easy to figure out. Even the better players have regrets about attacking one of their fellow taunt goers / allies, which makes it insanely easy to CP their characters. Normally, I just mess around with Snake and camp until someone's in kill range of an Utilt -- and, lol, just spam that until someone dies. If I get a pretty gay room (everyone giving each other KO's so I never get one), then I get a free laugh. Those kinds of players are pathetic, but rather than losing my cool and raging / disconnecting the group, I'll calmly just wait for one of them to **** up, and capitalize on said mistake. Honestly, I mostly aim for mental wins if I'm in a 3v1 position. Hurting the pride of scrubs is so easy.

On a related note: Are you a "projectile happy" Tink that almost never uses Zair? If so, I might've run into you once. Do you remember a purple Lucas that chased you around Temple for a couple of matches? I also dittoed said Tink in order to test my understanding of his projectile game (I'd sensed a pattern the first time he'd decided to get 'serious', and had to ensure that I had the correct idea of how to approach); I also went Pika, but stayed away from MK, due to having little experience in that particular MU. The Tink I remember playing against knew enough about this game to get by (LC Arrows and clever use of bombs), and KOed himself whenever I lost a point to him.

I'm sure that ran into that same player a while ago. We'd played some worthwhile friendlies after the player who'd held a grudge against them finally decided to leave -- post-anal poundings, of course. That jerk knew the ICs|MK MU so well that I had to use Lucas until I could figure out what their playstyle was (which turned out very well, btw).

I'm not too positive if it was me that faced that day (its fuzzy in my memory) cause I see MK all the time. But yesterday I do remember facing someone who was at first MK and then switched into lucas. Lucas is a pain in the *** for ICs well actually me cause he is the most difficult to cg and wifi lag dosen't make anything better :(. If it was us, I don't remember, but ggs.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Urg, a bit late, but GGs to the ICs / Peach / Homolimar, I was the pink MK / Lucas. It's been a while since I've seen ICs competent enough to maintain chaingrabs for as long as you did; and I haven't laughed so hard playing Basic Brawl in so long. That ******* who'd held a grudge against you was a pretty fun sideshow, and I'm happy that we managed to get in a few non-sandbag games after they left.
Ok I do remember playing a pink mk. But I don't remember these matches. But those 3 characters u described are the 3 I use on wifi and even more specifically, I use Homolimar most of the time (sometimes green pink shoes olimar)

Zulo

Smash Ace
Are you on now, HariKyuubi? Someone in my group went blue Pit for a white and was pretty good.

To that Wario: You're good. I guess we got some good 1v1s in but most matches were either cluttered or Temple.

To that Kirby: Stop. Just stop.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
I feel so sorry for Kirby mains.

They work their ***** off trying to use a character who doesn't have great options in general and then you go on Wifi....

Anyway, fought a good black Marth/dark MK today. You avoided items and were an overall skilled player. GGs.

HariKyuubi

Smash Journeyman
Are you on now, HariKyuubi? Someone in my group went blue Pit for a white and was pretty good.

To that Wario: You're good. I guess we got some good 1v1s in but most matches were either cluttered or Temple.

To that Kirby: Stop. Just stop.
Hum... I was on about that time. Were you ZSS or Dedede? I didn't stay long. I got annoyed, ha. But if you're complaining about a Kirby, yeah, there's a good chance that was me. It was pretty much *item* *item* *item* Me: RAAAAAAGE

Okay, actually, here's a pretty good identifier: In the first matches with said blue Pit, were they spamming glidetoss for no reason? Yeah, I do that sometimes because I think it looks cool. And it does.

Zulo

Smash Ace
I don't remember if the player was spamming glide toss, but yes, it does look cool. Pit's glidetosses are da bess.

The Kirby was just coming in when we had high damage and taking kills. If that was you, stop trolling. xD

And I was ZSS for some of them, yeah.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
sorry I didn't mean to extra post. By the time I had found the multiple quote symbol the damage was already done :(. Plus I don't think I can multi quotes if one of the other quotes I want to use is on another page.

@Harikyubbi: If it was us that played then u should know that I actually really suck at the game. y u think I use ics :p? lmk if u still want to do 1v1 knowing that I suck big **** at brawl. I will be waiting with a bucket of OFC. :D

HariKyuubi

Smash Journeyman
Naw, I only use Kirby to troll other Kirbies. But I DID fight one, and they DID keep playing on Temple, and they DID participate in item spamming. I am disappoint. Said ZSS in question seemed to have a vendetta against them. DDD barely moved... Just kinda stood out of the way and watched.

@Harikyubbi: If it was us that played then u should know that I actually really suck at the game. y u think I use ics :p? lmk if u still want to do 1v1 knowing that I suck big **** at brawl. I will be waiting with a bucket of OFC. :D
'Ey, not a problem. Truth is I'm just learning the ropes right now myself. But I will 1v1 you. Just not now, because it is late here in the eastern coast and I am not a Vigoroth so I need sleep. ...*is a n00b and does not know what lmk means anyway*

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Well I had fun last night with a Marth that also went Snake. I will explain more later since I hate posting through phones. Its cool. It was mainly so mod don't hit you up on double posting and you have a large signature.

:phone:

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
I feel so sorry for Kirby mains.

They work their ***** off trying to use a character who doesn't have great options in general and then you go on Wifi....

Anyway, fought a good black Marth/dark MK today. You avoided items and were an overall skilled player. GGs.
It's the hard-knock life for us, I'm afraid.

MikeYoshi

Smash Rookie
I found an old replay that I have uploaded on my old YouTube account. Does anyone remember being a Pikachu in a room with 3 Pikas and a dark blue Yoshi, on Spear Pillar? Would've been at least 2 years ago, so I doubt it. Anyway, I was the Yoshi. I mostly stayed on the bottom platform whenever the screen flipped.

Zulo

Smash Ace
Nobody's going to remember a match from two years ago with that description, but we might be able to recognize the playstyle if you show the video. If it was one of us.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
All ****ty groups today. Item spammers, teamers, and a dark MK who seemed good but just spammed grabs. What the **** has our world come to.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
Luckily, I haven't ran into many item spammer and teamers in awhile. Most of the time, I get groups where everyone is good and we take turns fighting each other. I'll probably run into many of the noobs and ****ty, laggy groups when I get on in a few.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Just found a slightly amusing group. Two standard scrubs and a GENERALLY passive white snake.

In the last match, while I wrecked **** as Falco, Snake decided to start nade trolling. After that match ( Easily won ) I DC'd the group.

Retro X

Smash Apprentice
NNID
uncorruptable
Well, yesterday I entered into a taunt party with an excellent green MK. I could tell he was a good player because he recognized my 1vs1 signal and we were having a nice fight, but then someone left and we got a CPU, who was replaced by a stupid Marth who later went Spam-chu. So I assumed he would leave after a couple rounds of getting ***** by me and the MK (Marth's grabrelease to MK's fsmash to regrab is something I learned there), but he just stayed, even though we eventually pulled the omnigay.

I was Red/Green Marth and then Green Snake.

Also does anyone have any advice on how to get Spam-chu like people to leave? I would think getting omnigayed like 6 times in one match would be enough to make anyone RQ, but he wouldn't go away, and I eventually left to go play someone from the Arena.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
I get Spam-chu people to leave with quite a few things. Not sure if they'll work for you, but it's worth a shot.
1) Kirbycide and D3cide them
2) Chain grab with IC
3) Continue to **** them with whoever
4) Pick pikachu and **** their *** at their own game
5) Keep reflecting and/or absorbing their electricity.

Number 2, 3, and 5 work best for me.

HariKyuubi

Smash Journeyman
My favorite thing to do against Pikachu's Down B?

Reflect it with Angel Ring. :awesome: Most spamming n00bs won't even realise why they took damage. Heck, they might not even REALISE THAT THEY TOOK DAMAGE.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Apology for bad pun in advance...

Also does anyone have any advice on how to get Spam-chu like people to leave? I would think getting omnigayed like 6 times in one match would be enough to make anyone RQ, but he wouldn't go away, and I eventually left to go play someone from the Arena.
It's quite BASIC, actually:

Code:
]10 Select Mr. Ghey Men Watch
]20 Hold Down + B
]30 FOR i = 1 TO 3 DO
]40 Say to the screen "Fill 'er up!"
]50 NEXT i
]60 Tap Down + B
]70 Watch the confused Spamchu die
]80 GOTO 20

FIREL

Smash Ace
Chain grabs/infinites, the usual that makes someone RQ. Except make the **** 10x harder.

kaazers

Smash Master
[playing Brawl with my younger sister]

You know, lot's of people complain about their disc not working at all anymore on their wii or how loading a certain stage makes the game freeze… but's it's never happened to me! :awesome: <-- actual expression

[half an hour later]

"An error has occurred. Press the eject button, remove the game disk, and turn off the power to the console. Please read the Wii operations manual for further instructions."

Sis: Great. =drops controller and leaves=

Just a couple of months shy of a year of playing… Now I can't even load the game. Someone or something seriously has a sick sense of humor. xD

It's been like this for days. Explains why I've been so quiet. Anyway, I have some replays on my computer so I might upload some fights I enjoyed watching on BB + other random stuff. Might have been one of you guys I was spectating for all I know.

(I myself always get the most stubborn Spamachus, so don't have anything to say there.)

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Chain grabs/infinites, the usual that makes someone RQ. Except make the **** 10x harder.
I notice a lot of persistent noobs leave if you let them win a match because they feel they've proved themselves.

Just had a pretty good group with a blue TL/Link/Lucario, a cheap MK/Wolf gaywad that I really came to hate, and a neutral Snake/Falco/Fox that I enjoyed fighting when things got less chaotic. Link came to fight at my side against Wolf, and later the neutral Snake joined ( who turned out to be pretty damn good, although you fell to my Uthrow to thunder twice on Pika. :awesome: ). The MK/Wolf just licked Snake player's ***** the whole time, trying to appease him ( it suprisingly worked. ) Although I was stuck against the ****** MK most of the time, I finally got to fight Fox with my Pika ( a markedly bad character choice for him, although I didn't try very hard. ) It was an enjoyable fight, although I failed a few things. Brother Furry, GGs. MK, stop being an *******er and go hang yourself. Link, thanks.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I got my wifi back :awesome:

In the middle of pwning this scrub ike/ness as I am posting

EDIT: The Ike surrendered by doing a Falcon ditto and trying to have a TP, it worked for a couple matches, but then i had to show them who the REAL Falcon is.

EDIt 2: The scrub left in salt after I double Falcon Punched him for the win in the last 10 seconds
:phone:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Had a ******** but slightly amusing group with a white Link, blue Ike, and blue TL/Peach. The Ike targeted me immediately - he ignored the others, a common ********** trait. I ***** him most matches, although he seemed to have some degree of knowledge of the game. The white Link was a SOB and he was two-faced through all the fights. The TL/Peach was a good player ( I saw him do a lot of Turnip showoffs out of the corner of my eye. The Link had always shown signs of teamer behavior, and I suspected it. In the last match, while I was ****** Ike, he decided to jump in ( he shared Ike's fate. ) Meanwhile, TL/Peach was content to sit on his *** and watch.

Link, you're a ******.

Ike, you're a ******.

TL/Peach, your an *******er. When you and me were the last ones in SD, you always teabagged. I didn't know how skilled you were and SD isn't the time to start a crusade, so I ignored you. But your day will come when a less merciful player sees you ignoring these mother****ers teaming someone, and will let loose the fury I keep silent.

Really, the entertainment I got from these matches was the type of morbid amusement a child gets from disembodying a spider.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Today I met a silly group of people that wanted me dead. There was a Sonic/Ike who wouldn't stop trying to kill me no matter how badly i beat him. Then a really good blue Mario/Yoshi/ black Bowser came in and we had some good fights. Once the Mario player started beating everyone, including me, the dumb Ike/Sonic just gave him kills so i wouldn't win. A couple of the matches I would have won, but the newb had to go and be a troll.

To the Mario player, you were really good and I wish we could fight 1 v 1 without those noobs giving you kills.

To the Ike/Sonic, you're just still sore from me kicking your *** so hard that you had to be a cheap ***.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Had an interesting group today with a skilled red MK, white MK ( he left, replaced by other noobs ) and a good red Falco. I failed certain matchups when I got in 1v1 situations but did well overall. At some points Falco held his own against three MKs and that really impressed me. ( and two of those were good )

ninjaalex

Smash Apprentice
Sadly it doesn't seem like i ran into any of you... i use green mk like 90% of the time in BB, but i'll use snake ike and marth too.. but since mk in actually banned now, i'm using mk a lot more. In basic brawl, i generally passive, but don't mistake me for being a fricken taunter, i get bored real fast and i'll try to start a 1vs1.

ninjaalex

Smash Apprentice
Well, yesterday I entered into a taunt party with an excellent green MK. I could tell he was a good player because he recognized my 1vs1 signal and we were having a nice fight, but then someone left and we got a CPU, who was replaced by a stupid Marth who later went Spam-chu. So I assumed he would leave after a couple rounds of getting ***** by me and the MK (Marth's grabrelease to MK's fsmash to regrab is something I learned there), but he just stayed, even though we eventually pulled the omnigay.

I was Red/Green Marth and then Green Snake.

omfg....that was me.. no joke.... we need to have some 1vs 1s....btw was that snake a pick-up snake?

Top Bottom