• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

kaazers

Smash Master
Same here. I don't remember the last time I was in a group where everyone knew what they were doing. The Pit/MK, I'm pretty sure, is the one who brought in all the items and had no qualms using them either.

You two were great offstage… and as Captain Falcon and Lucas, no less. I don't do well on ledges. More than half my deaths were completely offstage centric. It was a bad day to be an Ike. Either I got edgehogged, got sent flying at an odd angle, assaulted offstage, SD'd (don't press A near the ledge as Ike…) or miscalculated my recovery. And except for the last one, I still enjoyed every minute of it. Just means I need to learn how to handle myself there. Can't forget P3 double dair KOing us that one time either.

I'm gonna see if I can get the vids up in the next few days.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
Even when I came in last, I enjoyed every moment of it. My only issue was when I accidentally grabbed the assist trophy and was forced to fight on the ledge. I still did pretty good, until the pit hit me on stage. The items messed everyone up and I think only you and I was the ones to throw any off that would interfere with the match.

I'm pretty sure it was the mk/pit to actually put the items on. Items mess me up because I grab them at the wrong time, or bombs appear right when my percentage is high.

All in all, it was a great match. It helped me see what I needed to improve on with my Lucas and Ness. Shame I didn't get to use TLink or IC.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
i'm baaaaaaaaaaack....

you guys know me, yet you don't know me, but you do....unfortuantly the old me is dead, for reasons i'd rather not discuss.

the new me is here.

just know that I'm a pit main, but i rarely use pit at all in basic brawl, instead going for snake or metaknight, or falco, or ice climbers...
AV?

10avs

Anyway, good blue TL I fought yesterday. I don't have much experience with him, so my Snake struggled. GGs, though. There was also a good purple TL that generally didn't fight, just protected an AFCer from random scrubs that entered the room.

kaazers

Smash Master
So I got all the replays on my computer… but I think Shade and Captain Fabulous temporarily broke the game since that one replay is completely messed up… I know it's dysynched since I Aether completely in the opposite direction offstage twice, and then airdodge offstage without recovering. Shade then hits me once, bows and I run off and again SD. Meanwhile, Captain Fabulous has a score of -5, Shade -1 and me -4… the MK has… +5. My Wii displays it correctly though. The remaining fights are perfect on both my computer and Wii.

Hah. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
Funny how it's only that one replay that messed up. I guess Captain Fabulous was too much for it too handle.

kaazers

Smash Master
I don't think the game has ever registered that many Up-B's within that short a time period, lol. Worst comes to worst, I'll just upload our other matches.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
So much manliness today, I'm still feeling the Falcon power.

Was in a room messing around with some people, mainly this lucas/ness who was messing with the other people. A Captain Fabulous came in the room just as I changed from my falcon to my wolf. I went Falcon with him after that and eventually we got the other player to join in and we had 3 falcons against the poor kid. There were literally Falcon Punches going everywhere. The Lucas player also went Falcon for a match, giving the room a complete Falcon experience. (until he rage-quitted) After he left, a generic kirby noob came in and we pulverized him, even as we were killing each other trying to Falcon Punch him. One match actually had the Kirby and I go into SD, but I quickly gave him a kick. Unforttunatly after the Kirby left, I had to go to work so I couldn't stay with the manly men who we just asked the new Zelda/ZSS to show us their moves. One thing is certain today...

Justice was being kneed, falcons were getting kicked, and moves were shown.

kaazers

Smash Master
Wow, just came on to say that I'm fighting this really good White Peach who's comboing my scrub Green Snake like it's her job… but she left. There was a Toon Link spectating, too. I think she left out of frustration since someone kept on choosing Temple (and it went through, too). Those were the only matches where we got SD, too. In that she's 70% at the end, and I'm 200% way. Wow, good Peaches are something.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Good green Falcon earlier. Fairly boring matches though. I was the red Ike. GGs.

EDIT-2 PM today-met a Warioman hacker. He was obviously a garden variety noob. The next match my Wii froze from his hacks. If I had the right codes on I could have kicked that dip****'s ***. Still cursing myself from taking P2,3,4 character mod codes off my gct. :grrr:

Edit-about 4:45-just ran into a good white MK/Fox. He ignored me and the noob green Falco, but went after a green Zelda/PT/Ness who turned out to be really good. I fought him later with Ike and Falcon before I was DCd. I was the green randoms.

Edit-6:15-had this ****head blue Peach interrupt me when I was taking down an annoying noob. I do NOT tolerate interference into other people's fights. She generally used WAY too much Dsmash and dodge rolls and was boring and gay as ****. I was the Samus/MK.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Actually bumped into some other PT's, sad part was that they were complete scrubs. 1st one ended up betraying me, killing me after I thought he was cool. The other PT would then kill me and steal my point after I whooped the 1st guy's ***. We always went on Temple so I couldn't fight them both without one of them being a ***** and hiding while the other was getting his *** kicked. To both of you little chickens: I only left because I had to go to work, and I wasn't about to be late just so I could make you feel extra salty.

Believe me on this though, if I ever catch you guys again, my Charizard will go up your butt so hard you'll start to enjoy it, then he'll just straight up butt **** you.

TheBlueFalcon

Smash Cadet
Encountered a fellow Light Blue Falcon in Basic Brawl, whose alt was a Jigglypuff.

Let it be known that the moves have been shown.

- TBF

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
GGs to the red TL/Claus Lucas/gold Pit. I would have loved to fight you but that dip**** noob kept trying to KO that AFCer:mad: and I eventually got DCd, presumably by you since the noob was about to get a +1 on him. I was the black Samus/neutral (black) Ganon.

kaazers

Smash Master
Shoutouts to my P2 Blue Ike buddy. I was the the Gold Ike. We wasted a lot of time trying to slide on the left side of Temple with a charged Quickdraw and Counter. He liked showing off his wavebounced Specials, especially Quickdraw. Which was fine by me since it looked pretty cool. In another round we started spamming wavebounced Counter for the whole 2 minutes, lol.

He knew a couple of glitches/cool tricks/ etc.

Anyway, had fun hanging out with you. You knew a lot. 99.97% of other Ikes come after me with their swords swinging. After many rounds of fun goofing off we got one or two friendlies going on but that P3 Red Ike troll kept on interrupting… I think he was the one who DC'd us.

=x-x-x=

To the Black Wolf from a couple of hours ago, I was the Neutral Ike/Snake you and your two Lucario buddies trolled. We started off as a FFA, so not exactly sure how it turned into that, but whatever. Got trolled so hard during our matches on Temple. Hope you enjoyed my round-winning last minute Snake Fair-Spike on (finally) BF during our last match, though. lol

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
GGs to the blue Link. I was the red/black Samus/Snake/Falco/Marth/Diddy. I enjoyed myself for a while, but Brinstar+trolling noobs+items is too ****ing gay. :mad: I DCd the group.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Work on that grammar. I barely know what the hell you're trying to say. If you're insinuating I should have stayed, you should try fighting sometime with three fully charged hotheads circling FD while a Ness's final smash is making **** go down (a previous match). I DON'T tolerate excessive items, teamers, taunters, interfering in others fights (which is really teaming) and any other crap. It's for the better, and DCing a couple ***** *** noobs (and, sadly, my Link friend) doesn't discredit me as a player.

Clownbaby

Smash Apprentice
No dude, it was just a joke reference to that psa that the nba players did. its a little commercial where they talk about how its not cool to say things like 'that's gay'. I guess I should post a link, but I'm not going to.

:phone:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
No dude, it was just a joke reference to that psa that the nba players did. its a little commercial where they talk about how its not cool to say things like 'that's gay'. I guess I should post a link, but I'm not going to.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

We should listen the NBA about queerness?

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Damn you red fox, I finally meet what I think is a good PT, and you DC us after a salty death to that white kirby in SD.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
LOL at this Peach/DK main this morning. He knew a few techs but he played like **** and would go into rage spam mode whenever he got a -1. I also ***** the other noobs in the group. I was the red randoms.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Out-glitching the hackers

One does not have to be a hacker to out-glitch one. Within the last half hour, I joined Basic Brawl only to run into a WarioMan hacker. Fortunately this one was friendly like most, but there are some malicious ones out there. Anyway I did not fight, but I managed to get the smash ball, and hung on to it for the whole match. Despite the fact that I don't mod or hack, I do try to read up on things in order to know what they are up to. I happen to know that WarioMan must self-destruct at some point to prevent the game from freezing.

Well, I anticipated what the hacker wanted to do in the final seconds, so I activated MK's final smash to delay the game just before he had a chance to kill off his character. He almost pulled it off in time, but alas, I prevailed in getting his game to freeze. Mwahahaha!

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
^ I ran into one the other day. He SDd in Sudden Death though, and next match the damn Wii froze from all the **** he had on. I used to counter-attack, but since I don't use character mods anymore, I just try to get hit by his attacks and SD. Although Giga Bowser can get away with slaughtering you, he is slow enough that you can generally camp him if your character is fast enough. When a Giga Bowser hacker is around I tend to use MK so I can just ***** around under the stage and play the ledges. You'd be surprised how much **** I get away with, since most Wifi hackers seem markedly dumb.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I swear some of these idiots just go PT because I go PT, and try to beat me with my own character. Unfortunately for them, they forget the most important rule of playing PT: Don't switch when your opponent is RIGHT next to you. It's basically a free kill when you're at high percent and you are charging a deadly smash attack while you're helpless to do anything about it. Sure you can actually dodge some attacks and some Final Smashes, but 9/10 times, you're going to get punished.

I say this because I had a Bowser player go PT against me and switched about 3 different times when I was right by him, giving him a Falcon Punch, a fully charged F-Smash by Charizard, and just giving him some Squirtle butt hurt on a stick. I've only fought one good PT in my life so far, and that's not enough.

EDIT: Was just in a ffa room with a black pit, white peach, and a neutral Ike, with me being my green wolf. The pit and I started to fight and Then the Ike joined in our fight, while the Peah attacked everyone. The peach was actually cool with me and the Peach and I went into SD and did nothing. Peach left the room after her win and half way through the countdown for the next match, the Pit left. What really ticked me off was that in he final second, the Ike left because it was just me and him in the waiting room.

Clownbaby

Smash Apprentice
I take dittos as flattery, somebody who wants to try something they saw. Sometimes though it is definitely somebody trying to say 'I can best you with your own character' but they never can. tl isn't something you fiddle with occasionally (and that dair is so tempting)99/100 times they get pounded. I think pt might be the hardest of all to pick up so I imagine you crush every pt who would try that in bb.

Also falcon do you see a dark or purple tink pretty often late at night (only tink never changes)? I ask because the group you describe sounds very familiar to what I run into almost every night. Im wondering if your the wolf who had been the pain in my *** in 1v1's recently. Lots of camping, double arrows? I look too open somebody up with spam and rush in when they are in hit stun. You use reflector well and punish my ariel approaches, lots of laser spam?

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
^99% of Wifi Foxes suck, so...

Pwned some ICs noob with Wario and he and another player left. Two new noobs came in and some ****hole Lucario just spammed dumb **** and dodge rolled like hell so, even though I came out even, I DCd the group. Bye ******s.

kaazers

Smash Master
I'm always, always, the last one in the room. If there's only one person left in the waiting room with me, they always leave during the last 10 seconds. It's aggravating.

And dittoes… hate them. >>

No fights worth mentioning today.

Beat FF XIII-2 last night so I'm gonna try to see if I can upload my fights with Captain Fabulous and Shade today… meant to do that earlier, just totally forgot. I'm looking forward to seeing myself fighting on 4 hours of sleep at 5 in the morning. This should be good. xD

EDIT: Here it is.

http://youtu.be/JH-COB81zRA

lmao, apparently when I run low on sleep I make it my life mission to get a dtilt spike.

Match 1: Shade is mean to the remaining 3 of us while we're offstage. Also, LOL at Shade while I have the Pity Smashball.

Match 2: Early in the match - Mission accomplishment +1

Match 3: Check out Shade when she accidentally grabs the Assist Trophy a second time.

Match 4: @7:12 Ike + CF Knee x Lucas Bair = >_>

lol also @7:46,

Ike: -fsmash KO CF- YES.

Lucas: NO U.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
You use reflector well and punish my ariel approaches, lots of laser spam?
I use lots of reflector and laser spam, generally try to use side-B when recovering as wolf, and was this wolf green? I don't remember fighting a Tink like the one you're describing, most of the ones I fight either spam D-air, or just be straight up annoying. I haven't met one that's used double arrows as far as I recall.

In other news, I just got done with a very cool White Link. He came in as a Falcon and we started battling right away against my Wolf. Once he killed me however, he killed himself on purpose to make us even. This kept happening for the rest of the match and I realized he wasn't your typical player. Every match after that, it was my Falcon against his Link, and boy did we have some fun battles. I got some crazy combos on him, as he did on me. This Link really knew his stuff and I'm glad he could show me his moves and be respectful about them. I really wish more people could be like him.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
I agree, Falcon. You rarely meet any people like that anymore.

In other news, a little bit earlier I came into a taunt group. Player 4, who is a link, decides to kill me during a SD. I normally hate it when people do that. So, I decided to fight him. Player 2 and 3 didn't really care. Me, not being my best character got my *** *****. I was Tlink and he's just my testing character, along with Ness. I had great respect for him until I went Lucas and he went Zelda. I got a feel for his way of play and won about 5 matches.

Then, things changed. He had to be mad because he started using items against me. He even had a nerve to use the smash ball to kill me, including player 2 and 3. I lost all my respect and continued to kill him. Last match, he kills me with a smash ball, and then runs for the rest of the match. After that, he disconnected the group.

Things good people do to win these days...

kaazers

Smash Master
GGs to a Leopard Print Snake/ White Marth I fought just now on Temple a couple of times. Though every single P4 kept on interrupting us… and there was some pretty bad lag at times, I still enjoyed our matches. I left after the third P4 interrupted us, lol.

We didn't give points back, although we did respect each other. I prefer fights like these personally. I sometimes find that the momentum of the fight is gone when you start giving back points. Either way, I'm always eager for some lighthearted friendlies as well.

ninjaalex

Smash Apprentice
Touched bb for the first time in a month. I was in a lot of groups and i left every round. There was 1 match that was really great though. First off, if you mash down b next to a snake user long enough, they might acually c4 you. The snake actually knew the onmigay. It was fun since i was trolling the other members of the group with it as well.

It was a match on warioware, with a snake , link, and zss player.
Well not everyone on BB is a complete moron.:)

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Beat the snot out of some poor Falco this morning. First match we had on Warioware and he was a dumb ***** and attacked everyone and used the smashball to kill everyone which was the only reason he won that match.

Next match was on Battlefeild and the Falco screwed up and killed himself in the first 20 seconds of our fight. I decimated him with my Falcon, with me only dieing because of a Kirby trying to Down-B the Falco as he was attacking him. During that attempt of Kirby's, I gave the Falco the Knee of Justice, in a way saving him from the stone, but so I would kill him.

Highlight of the match: Pulling off a sweet combo and ending it with a Falcon Punch, but not just any Falcon Punch. The Falco landed on he right side of one of the platforms and I landed in the middle facing him. I did a turn around Falcon Punch and he rolled right into it.

dottedboy

Smash Rookie
Playing a whole bunch of matches with me as King Dedede, player two is a red Marth, player four has been Peach, Zelda, a Red Yoshi, and Toon Link so far, and player 3 keeps dropping out every match or so, with some of the mains used being Ike Lucario or Zelda. I've won a lot of the matches, and we've played on a variety of maps.

If only Nintendo would let me add them as friends. I hope at least one of them will see this post?

UPDATE: The Marth character just beat me (king dedede) in sudden death on Delfino Plaza. Thought I should mention that too, as it was quite memorable and specific.

kaazers

Smash Master
GG's to a P2 White Ganondorf/ Snake/ Neutral Marth. We were the only ones on Temple and we started fighting. I thought the matches we had were friendly (though no points were given back), but I guess you were kinda salty since you must have taunted only about 10 times in just one match alone while I was struggling with your Marth, lol. Wario Ware + two new players bringing lag isn't my ideal time to be bragging but, I will admit you got my Neutral Ike good on Pirate Ship. It was awesome. Wish you hadn't DC'd the group after our match on good ol' FD, though.

EDIT:

Just fought a P2 Brown Samus on Temple. I was fighting P4 Red Falco/ Purple Luigi/ Green Charizard before but this P3 Dark Link took him. Anyway, had a lot of fun P2. I haven't fought many decent Samuses (Sami? rofl) so I enjoyed the experience. Well... except for the lag. It got really bad after the first few matches at times... Still haven't gotten the art of adjusting in lag down. Anyway, I stayed up way too late and really had to go. I just wish it wasn't during the one match where (after P3 left) we were all attacking the CPU and I didn't get a chance to return it the point so we could all go to SD; which, we all realized by then, was practically our tradition. Gold Ike was not trolling.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Had lots of interesting rooms today, but I'm too tired to explain so I'll update this tomorrow after I go over the videos I saved and get my Falcon sleep.

UPDATE: Holy crap I just met an amazing Captain Fabulous. He trashed my Falcon and beat me on a ratio of 3:1. The only complaints I have is that the other two people in the room wouldn't let us have our fight, I'm looking at you Yellow Kirby. Those were some incredible matches, I just wish my Falcon could have been at his best, but I started to slip up after a while. You are by far the greatest Falcon I've seen yet, and I've run into some decent Falcons.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
There was a red Zelda/red Peach the other day that just wouldn't let go of the fact that I was better than her in every way. My Snake basically pissed on her each round until she got lucky in SD. She DC'd the group afterwards.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
GGs to the other Ganon in Team Battle

Just want to say good games to the other Ganon I was with in Team Battle just recently. We started out with several other characters, but then one match we both coincidentally switched to Ganon and stayed that way. There's just something about running into another decent Ganon that makes me want to stay as Ganon as well. Anyway, we pretty much took names and numbers on the higher tiers with our stomp KOs and other manliness. Too bad the lag finally disconnected us in the final 10 seconds of a fun Pirate Ship water-stomp-fest. Perhaps we shall meet again....

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Found a group with two noobs and a good but trollish blue GaW. Eventually items reached critical mass ( five bumpers and three smart bombs going off on FD ) and I switched from black Falcon to Giga Bowser next match and rampaged on everyone, causing all three to RQ, XD.

kaazers

Smash Master
Had some great matches with a good Black Marth on FD while a White Ganondorf and AFK Random spectated. On the last round Marth went Olimar… and the AFK player came back and trolled as Peach. Wasn't gonna deal with the slight lag and a troll so I left. GG's though!

I was the Neutral Ike who was too lazy to pick a color.

Top Bottom