• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
GG's to a P2 White Ganondorf/ Snake/ Neutral Marth. We were the only ones on Temple and we started fighting. I thought the matches we had were friendly (though no points were given back), but I guess you were kinda salty since you must have taunted only about 10 times in just one match alone while I was struggling with your Marth, lol. Wario Ware + two new players bringing lag isn't my ideal time to be bragging but, I will admit you got my Neutral Ike good on Pirate Ship. It was awesome. Wish you hadn't DC'd the group after our match on good ol' FD, though.

EDIT:

Just fought a P2 Brown Samus on Temple. I was fighting P4 Red Falco/ Purple Luigi/ Green Charizard before but this P3 Dark Link took him. Anyway, had a lot of fun P2. I haven't fought many decent Samuses (Sami? rofl) so I enjoyed the experience. Well... except for the lag. It got really bad after the first few matches at times... Still haven't gotten the art of adjusting in lag down. Anyway, I stayed up way too late and really had to go. I just wish it wasn't during the one match where (after P3 left) we were all attacking the CPU and I didn't get a chance to return it the point so we could all go to SD; which, we all realized by then, was practically our tradition. Gold Ike was not trolling.
I just noticed this now, I might have been P2. Did the Samus prefer short hop single missiles or full hop double missiles?

HariKyuubi

Smash Journeyman
Just fought a really nice Saturn!Ness. Had a bit of a friendly rivalry going on. That was the only character they played the whole time; Marth and Ivysaur generally stayed out of the way, but when they did decide to interfere they had to face the two of us. Familiar to anyone?

kaazers

Smash Master
I just noticed this now, I might have been P2. Did the Samus prefer short hop single missiles or full hop double missiles?
I don't remember… I think the Samus did single short hop missiles, but I'm really not sure. I don't usually notice small things like that when I'm fighting.

All I know is that for many rounds it was just a Gold Ike, Brown Samus and Red Falco/ Purple Luigi/ Green Charizard attacking CPUs on FD and giving back the point so they could all go to SD together. The Red Falco asks the Gold Ike to fight when they get a CPU-less fight but it doesn't last long since a Dark Link interrupts the next round. Then Falco and Link fight on Temple as the Gold Ike and Samus watch for a while. After a couple of rounds the Brown Samus asks the Gold Ike for a fight. Points were given back. Also, the Ike tried to avoid fighting during the last 10 seconds (to avoid the possibility of KOing without having the chance to give back the point).

It's quite specific so if this doesn't at all sound familiar...

David Wonn

Smash Ace
GGs to the Ike in Team Battle

Just want to say good games to an Ike this time in Team Battle just minutes ago. He threw away every garbage item that spawned, so I naturally followed suit. It's good to see others who are tired of the items too. Between his Ike and my Ganon, we slaughtered everything that moved. I couldn't help but sword taunt often with the kills; I was just in the mood. Too bad we disconnected in the waiting room after several rounds of our killing spree.

After that carnage, I joined again as quickly as possible and ran into another Ike, but I highly doubt it was the same one. Come back wherever you are, Ike.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
There was a good flower Jiggs/Captain Fabulous/red Snake/black Marth in a TP I was spectating yesterday. He was getting beaten pretty hard by those **** and I felt kinda sorry for the poor *****. I gave him an occasional free KO but he wasn't very appreciative. On the rare occasions the noobs would **** off (only for about ten seconds in a match, when I was red Fox/red Falco, I just combo'd or CGd him.) He was pretty easy to read. Our ledge battle with my red Lucario and your Marth was pretty funny as well.

kaazers

Smash Master
Those set of characters sound very familiar. Pretty sure I also fought the same person a couple of days ago. Got read by me, too. I think he probably just got flustered and messed up cause of that.

That aside, today was a horrible day for groups. Everyone I met was either a backstabber, ended up siding with that one guy who goes around hitting everyone (thus I get 3-on-1'd), or ran away and/or camped at that little platform on the bottom right of Temple...and then some. I don't think I've ever met worse people than I have today.

Thinking of trying Team Battle, but I always end up with people who are even worse than me… I remember better people being on there when I tried it last year. Maybe it's just me.

EDIT:

Wow, really good Red Ike massacring my Blue Ike! I, myself, have never come across one this good on BB. Just when I lost all hope of getting a decent fight today. It was a bit humiliating dying from a thrown beamsword though, lol.

An annoying P3 Wolf/ Zelda/ Lucas just entered the room and started attacking both of us and disrupted the fight. There was also odd lag in the room at times as well.

Got DC'd... >> every time I post something about a good group I'm in I get DC'd.

Anyways, this Ike was Bairing me out of Aether as I recovered. Bairing. WTF. I was surprised when he Fair'd me out of it, but I'd seen that before. Anyway, really got disappointed when we got DC'd... I was trying to learn a thing or two from him.

Oh yeah, he could also Jab-Cancel perfectly from jab1, too.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
IDK about that Ike. I think tourney players must go on With Anyone for the lulz sometimes.

Had a group of two noobish Pits and a Bowser yesterday with my red Marth. Well, a certain two noobish and now butthurt Pits RQd right after the match, xD

In a group now with a decent neutral MK, a scrub green MK, and a Spamchu. Spamchu was a crasher and got destroyed for his predictability by my red Marth.

kaazers

Smash Master
I just saw a really good Neutral Snake fighting a Green Ike. I didn't get a chance to fight him myself, but by watching him he looked like he really knew what he was doing. Those wavebounces...wow. Yesterday I saw an Ike trying to move like San, and today I saw a Snake trying to move like… Havok? I should complain about getting crappy groups more.

I was having the time of my life spectating those two matches but he left one round after the Ike did.

Guys, go on and look for him, lol. He'll probably be fun to fight. He's floating around BB somewhere.

Tourney players seriously should go on BB and troll people like me.

Clownbaby

Smash Apprentice
None would ever admit it, I think its the equivalent of admitting you like broadway shows to your friends. They look down on wifi in general but bb is the scrubiest of the scrub to them.

:phone:

TheBlueFalcon

Smash Cadet
Met fellow Light Blue Falcon again in a Basic Brawl; he started as a Lucario against my blue Ganondorf, then we somehow simultaneously changed to Falcon after a couple of matches. Excellent fights, with copious move-showing.

One strange oddity is that I've noticed a pair of almost robot-like players; one default Snake, one default Zelda. Whenever either of them joins individually they'll almost always disconnect and let the CPU take over, but when they're both in a match they'll approach and stand next to each other for the whole round.
It would be strange enough if it happened just once, but after seeing this nearly every time I've used BB in the last 2 months or so, I'm beginning to suspect that they might be bots. Has anyone else seen them?

- TBF

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Anyone getting anything good today? I either end up with **** that RQ right away or **** that never leave.-_- I found a Falco that could BDACUS earlier but he was still dumb as ****.

kaazers

Smash Master
GG's to a Lucario yesterday on Temple/ Battlefield/ Final Destination who fought my Green Ike. The Marth/ Samus DC'd the group for some reason… As you might have noticed during a lot of the earlier fights we had I don't have much Lucario experience. Did go even eventually though and snagged a win or two in our later matches. I could tell you were "wtf" with my sudden comeback, but at the same time glad to have a decent fight.

That was yesterday, now today I entered a room with 4 Peaches on Temple. My first thought was, "Wow. Of all the groups here, I get four Peaches on Temple."

My second thought was, "...FOUR Peaches?"

I still don't know which one was the hacker. My Snake dropped his leopard print Camo for a pretty white dress.

That aside GG's to a Snake/ IC/ Black Marth. You might remember me as the Red Ike you attacked on FD with your (effective) grenade spamming. Dunno why you left after our Ike vs Marth match, but I had fun nonetheless. I've been running into ICs who know what to do when they get the grab… it sucks. xD

kaazers

Smash Master
I got someone? Awesome! Which one was he?

x​

No luck as far as good fights go today. Lots of people DC'ing in the middle of the match.

ninjaalex

Smash Apprentice
i might try my luck, usually early on weekends you can find skilled players
EDIT: alright, i regret doing so, all trash groups in both BB and TB. the best player was a troll black pit who only made me think even less on BB.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Morning is generally a ****ty time. There are a few good players floating around, but there is almost always some ******* who ****s things up. The absolute worst time is about 4:00 P.M., when all the 8-12 year old gets out of school and onto the Wii. Then, you have **** chance of getting anyone remotely good. Nighttime is the best, but it's not like good players are going to be ubiquitous, either.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
This morning I ran into a PT who seemed generally smart. There was never any real fights though so it's hard to say which one of us was truly better. Before that I got to mess up this neutral Ike with my PT and Falcon.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I got someone? Awesome! Which one was he?

x​

No luck as far as good fights go today. Lots of people DC'ing in the middle of the match.
This is what "The Fallen Angel" wanted to tell you:
GGs.
if you were the red Ike i'm thinking of....I was the snake/marth/ice climbers.
(easiest way to tell this; at the start of the one match where you able to kill my ice climbers and then i was able to turn around after respawning, and get a grab, to forward throw to the CPU' ic's Fair spike on the ledge. If you remember that happening one match then that was definitely me)"

He's gonna make a new account soon though!

kaazers

Smash Master
I had two matches with Snake, one (I think) match with ICs and then one last match with Marth, if I recall correctly. If that was the order he played them, then I'm pretty sure I was the Red Ike he fought… because I remember my KO glory being violently cut short… and it involved a Fair spike. Anyway, if it was him, tell him GGs! Glad I found someone else on here.

But why Ice Climbers? WHY?

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Found a good passive green and blue Peach/blue Link/blue others. I was the red MK, Pit, whatever else I forgot, and occasionally Giga Bowser when I was preoccupied and forgot to hit the "off" button activator. There was a ******* blue G&W/white MK that fought my MK.....it was a laughable match. This slot was later filled by a gold Pit/fire Mario that couldn't fight for **** and camped/trolled/teabagged by the Peach. It really irritates me when a noob butt****s someone else because he can't stand up for himself. Random noobs filled the other slot, so that kind of put the scrub in a position where things could turn into 3v1 gang-**** so the ****** DC'd us. :grrr: Anyway wish I could have fought you bro, hopefully you'll turn up here.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Had some dumb Ganon **** go on today. First my Ganon was in a room with two Sonics and once they started taunting in unison, I couldn't take it. Beat the snot out of them until they dissconected me (which was about 3 matches) Had a bit more Ganon fun, then started to beat up on this person who I'm too lazy to try to remember who he used. After he left, he got replaced by another scrub who got his *** whooped. The last few matches I had, the one who I was in the room with the longest, the Peach/white ZSS suddenly got really good. When we weren't fighting off the noobs, we had our 1 v 1s which was nice. Got to meet another PT that wasn't a complete scrub, but never fought with him. I'm going to start something with the next PT I see.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Really hilarious King De Deh Derp moments happened a couple of minutes ago b4 my de de de partner left me.

At first I was pink de de de and so was he but then I switched to pimping purple. we chain grabbed this metaknight(at first)/Wolf(then he switched to wolf derp) to HELL AND BACK! :evil:

That was sum funny **** other dedede. Hope I get to run into u again so we can :troll: some other people.

PS: yea I know that guy that was helping us got caught in our chain grab but I didn't give a **** chain grab his ***** *** :evil:.

EDIT PS:pS: I loved dancing with you. LMAO I could not stop laughing. We were doing such a great job at it tooo xD ****

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
So you were whoever the new player was? I doubt you were the Pit. The Peach had gone blue Link, the new player was blue Link, and the scrub stayed gold Pit. I think I might have been MK but I can't remember.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Goddamnit. Anyone remember the pre-trolls Internet?

Anyone, just got a new record for Giga Bowser in one BB match - 15 KOs. :awesome:

Clownbaby

Smash Apprentice
From the very beginning there were trolls...actually that's not so true, it took a little while for people to realize that annonimity=I get to be a jerk. I guess I do remember an internet with out trolls(it was small slow and boring).

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
LOL I remember the old Windows 98 computer from when I was a little kid. It was giant and it took approximately half an hour to start up.

It's amusing to think we've gone from the days of floppy disks and .html based Internet to the superpowered computers of today.

EDIT: Forgot to mention this decent goggles Pika that I fought earlier. I was the red MK/Marth/Kirby. I had wanted to fight him, but in SD of the last match he just backstabbed some taunter noob, even though he was teabagging us both a second ago. I tried to kill the ******* but he just SDd. I DCd the group because *******ers are no legit fighters by any criteria.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I was in a room where everyone knew what the heck they were doing, and it was crazy. There was a neutral PT who started out being very pacifist, not wanting to be in any fights. There was a blue IC's/Pit/Kirby who I fought against and he kicked my butt. Then a white Snake/Ness joined in and his Ness butt ****ed my PT, and my Falcon somewhat. My green wolf however put up a very good fight with his Ness. His Snake however didn't seem as good since my Falcon could easily take him out/he SD's every now and then. The other PT eventually started fighting against the IC's/Kirby and damn he surprised me by how good he was. He made some sweet kills and even survived a deadly spike with Ivysaur grabbing the ledge at the last moment. I honestly would have to say his PT was better then mine. I lost a lot of the matches however, but it was still incredibly fun. We split off and had our own separate 1 v 1's , I would fight the Ness/Snake, and the PT would fight the IC's/Kirby. If we ever ended in SD, the other PT would kill himself right away if he was in it. It was interesting but almost all of our matches were on Battlefield. a few times we went to Shadow Moses Island and I think Frigate once.

Seriously though, great games to all of you. It was a shame to see you guys leave, but I figured it would have to happen eventually. I just wish my PT would have done better. I learned how much of a pain Ness's F-Air is to get around and who I'll be using if I ever fight a good Ness.

kaazers

Smash Master
I just fought an Olimar who knew his way around the character! …That's all I can say since I know nothing about him and have never fought a decent one until now. I think the Olimar was red… the same color as a pacifist Olimar we had in the room who kept on getting our group each time he left. Funny stuff. For the most part, we had different nice players who sat and spectated (except for that Lucas).

I lol thinking about the times he would charge a smash attack and I would panic since I had NO idea whether it was a dsmash, fsmash or upsmash. I realized just how little I know then.

Anyways, he did some mean combos with his grabs and kept my character juggled for another 70% a couple of times. I'm just starting to get the hang of wavebouncing and managed a few, but my ineptitude + lag turning my wavebounces into Nikitas = free kills. Hah, must have done it at least three times.

For the most part we were close. In SD he would always kill me in 2 seconds; it was even quicker during the matches I edgehogged him. No lie. I could feel the rage.

I got booted off the round he went G&W, though.

If you're here, GG's. Funnest match I've had in the last few days. I was the Green (I think) Snake. All matches on Final Destination.

-x-
Shoutout to a Red Marth I fought for a while with my Green Ike, too. He used a bit too much Counter… I think he was still learning the character, though he wasn't too bad. He REALLY wanted to fight my Ike… no matter who entered the room, no matter what stage we got… he wanted to fight. I would have left a long time ago, but he went out of his way to be honorable (and initiated it, too) which was a huge shocker since he seemed to be a newer player.

And if you're somewhere here, reading up to improve your Marth… I'm sorry for KOing you with Fsmash on WarioWare when it said "Don't Move." I don't take that stage seriously, but you left after that so I felt a little guilty.

We also had two overly friendly Jigglypuff spectators stay for all the of the rounds, up until the last one (which was a FFA with two new players).

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
^That's why a lot of people hate Olimar even more than MK. Not only does he have many gay attack options and a spammy, annoying projectile, he's hard as **** to read.

**** YOU OLITARD!

kaazers

Smash Master

Yeah, I now realize it sucks fighting Olimar. I've been put into a false sense of security since they don't seem to exist on BB, and the few that do appear don't know how to use him.

Also found I had some replays saved. The beginning of the second video had my Snake go from 0%-90%… meanwhile Red Olimar was still at 10%. Might have chipped 30% more on him before I got KO'd at 150% or so.

Well played, Red Olimar, well played.

Evened the score thanks to Ftilt, C4s and/or edgehogging.

Anyway, no good matches. All of the decent players ended up running away from me or DCing the group for one reason or another: ended up looking stupid somehow, felt like I'm starting to beat them, trolled with items during the last round before running away, lost once, etc. The list goes on. Immature group of competent players today. Hope everyone else has better luck.

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
HAI there!

Been lurking SWF for a while, and this thread specifically caught my eye.

Wanted to ask if iI faced one of you guys yesterday, I was a snake user.

there was a falco, a gold pit(evil evil evil gold pit) annnd...I can't remember another.

the pit pretty much ***** everyone, but i came in second.

I used a C4 to launch myself at the bottom lip of Final destination and wall jump teched it to survive at over 150+ damage, but the falco caught me with his b-air after and pretty much ruined me anyway(god i wish i saved that on replay though cuz it was crazy, I didn't think i was gonna save myself)

Anyway, I just figured I'd ask here to See the falco, or pit was anyone from here.

Ist

Smash Rookie
/lurk

Shoutout to that Lucas/Ganon/Ness player. I don't think I've ever played anyone (let alone on BB lol) who could execute the FoG mid-stage, and you made some great use of Ganon's wiz-kick cancel as well. Your tech game with Lucas was also spot on, and your bomb evasion skills are 2pro. :scared:

I was the Kirby/Ganon/... :>

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Found a Ganon/TL that knew the jab signal. He largely just spammed grab, dodge roll, and hyphen smash, and items kept ****ing popping up everywhere, so I DCd the group.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
What do we do for a signal anyway? Do we still do the shield thing or what cause half the time I forget to do that when I enter a room.

Top Bottom