• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

Zulo

Smash Ace
With the way that you play Blaze, I wouldn't blame them for getting pissed off and leaving. I, however, would never go to such a degree of disconnecting the group; specially over a game such as this.

I do find it funny when you piss them off so much, that they DC the group, or leave. Oh how I love having them RQ, it brings me joy in knowing that I pissed off another player. It's like an accomplishment or something to me; I feel like I win an award whenever I do.
You use white ICs right Shade? Did you maybe fight a black Sheik yesterday or the day before? The ICs only got a couple grabs in but it was probably wifi. I don't remember if I did but I may have used some of my other characters too, like Pit or Marth.

@Mr. K he mains MK.

I'm playing BB after not for awhile... And I'm noticing that it's now infested with counter Ikes.

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
ironic how a guy with the word "ninja" in his name vanishes soon as he realized it was my snake that mindraped him that second match.....

EDIT: then that makes it all the more hilarious that he had to resort to using his main when i never did mine, and the fact that its metaknight makes it even more so, Some just love taking the easy way out it seems...

sorry I just have no respect for anyone that mains a broken character in a game and then tries to write off everyone else as unskilled, especially when that same person gets completely mind****ed one match and then decides to rely on the crutch the next match.

EDIT2: i gotta quit paying attention to the character icons next to folks names, seems like hardly anyone here ever actually mains the character they say they do with the icon.

ninjaalex

Smash Apprentice
the icon huh...gotta get around to fixing it, i used to main ike. and lol man what item? i was throwing them all away. I wasn't holding a ray gun/fan half the match. I'm sure your very good at this game but really, play some 1vs1n's

EDIT: ......ninja? i don't really think of snake as a ninja, it's just a coincdence i use him, among other chars.

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
i used to but got tired of all the metaspam in tournaments I've been thinking about getting bakc into the scene now that he's been banned, but having to deal with other crap with the government right now and other things in life make that near impossible atm.

eh idk, maybe you did kill me with an item thta last match, maybe you didn't i don't remember completely, what i do remember is soon as you got that kill you rushed to the ledge to attempt to stall out the match the rest of the time, which was part of the reason i grabbed the ray gun and fan is cuz i got tired of the other two getting in the way and also was annoyed at how you were deciding to pitch tent at the ledge soon as you got that kill.

so maybe my other two posts were too harsh, but none the less going straight to meta like that soon as i won that snake ditto from mindgaming you, and then deciding to plank a majority of the last match was kind of annoying, the pit, and sonic matches were mostly me showing off cuz i was sure those passive two players had never seen any of sonic's advanced techs....and as for pit was just to spam his annoying taunt.

good games then, sorry i'm so harsh, suppose karma's a ***** after what i did to soem noob in basic brawl the other day...

ninjaalex

Smash Apprentice
i figured the reason you were here and taking so long to post was since i was gonna be reading an essay ={ Regardless, BB/TB is poor practice and only should be done for lolz. I haven't done bb for a month or so you should visit the brawl chat, it's more fun.
http://xat.com/chat/room/158124163/

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
well damn i'm surprised you're so level headed about my posts despite hwo aggressive mine were...

i might visit that chat some other time, but as i said right now with all the problems with the government i'm going through, i just can't get motivated to go to tournaments or practice seriously right now, when the smoke clears form the crap i'm going through now, maybe then yeah, course by that time smash 4 might already be out...

ninjaalex

Smash Apprentice
idk if you don't know the date the game is coming out or if your in seriously deep ****, but ssb4 is coming out in another 2 years. I really don't care since it's a game and it's BB, of all things.

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
more like i'm in seriously deep ****....well kinda, nothing illegal or anything, but more like frustrating and time consuming and at the same time very important, and just so stressful that trying to concentrate on anything else right now isn't really an option.

word of the wise, dont' fall in love with a woman from another country....

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Goddamn, when did this place actually start getting more than one post a day?

@MR. K - Y U NO LEARN FROM GRAY FOX'S MISTAKES!

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
You use white ICs right Shade? Did you maybe fight a black Sheik yesterday or the day before? The ICs only got a couple grabs in but it was probably wifi. I don't remember if I did but I may have used some of my other characters too, like Pit or Marth.
Sorry, Zulo. I mainly pick red, but sometimes white. I do remember fighting a black Sheik before, I'm not sure if it was you or not. I don't try and grab all the time. Come to think of it, I don't chain grab much. I do fight but when I do chaingrab, I don't do it for that long, unless I want to be annoying...

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord

@Mr. K he mains MK.

I'm playing BB after not for awhile... And I'm noticing that it's now infested with counter Ikes.
were you on Bridge of Eldin when this happened or the most likely Temple?

I also use ICs on BB, I use red, white, black, and default. It varies. I don't think this was me though cause I don't remember facing a pit, or maybe I did IDK. :awesome:

kaazers

Smash Master
Oh, wow. This thread getting more than 0.6 posts a day!

Shout outs to P3 White Kirby/ Green Snake/ GoldBlue Ike/ Blue ROB/ Green Falco. He looked like the type who enjoys attacking casuals, he would taunt-crouch/taunt multiple times each time I got KO'd, attacked me on that one round on Sky World where I thought we would just chill (I'm assuming because I went even with his ROB the previous round on FD), and seemed kinda angry/ like he had something to prove, but he was a more skilled player than me and I enjoyed the few fair matches we had. I've had a really long day today so I wasn't in top form, but I tried.

The only real matches we had were the ones against his Kirby, a round or two of Snake (I really got a beating here), most of the Ike dittoes and a round of his ROB on FD. The rest of the matches we had a Neutral Peach, a White Charizard and then later a Green Peach interrupting. I don't want to get started on the lag we had on PS1 where I got 2 stocked by his ROB. >>

The last thing I did was dthrow him in SD before he left.

I was the Neutral Ike who never taunted.

No good fights in 10 days and then all of a sudden I'm seeing a couple of skilled players on only today.

[I can count on one hand the number of times I've met ICs on BB who know how to chain grab. On 3 occasions I've fought ones who never mess up even one time once they get the grab. They're always Red&Blue or Black&White.]

Zulo

Smash Ace
were you on Bridge of Eldin when this happened or the most likely Temple?

I also use ICs on BB, I use red, white, black, and default. It varies. I don't think this was me though cause I don't remember facing a pit, or maybe I did IDK. :awesome:
I think it was BoE, yeah. Ggs, the few we had. I think you left after like 3 matches or so.

Unless you switched characters and someone else left and I thought you were gone.

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
what they should of done was give us a system like they had in metroid prime hunters.

faced someone you really liked and want to play em again, but it was in a random match? add them to your rival list.

you cuoldn't voice chat with em, or send em messages when they were on your rival list in hunters, but you COULD face them again, in any style match you wanted, whether it was a KotH match, bounty hunter mode, etc.

If nintendo had done something liek this with smash it could of been amazing, just have the players first two initials show up instead of their full wifi name, and make it so their taunts won't have messages.

that was one of the best setups in hunters that nintendo ever made that still would fit in with thier 'family friendly" view on online gaming and its friendcode system, if they weren't on your friend list u could have em on your rival list.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
Damnit, Zulo. I don't really appreciate that...

I'm not in the mood to start, so I'll just continue to spectate...

Zulo

Smash Ace
Oh haha, sorry about that. I thought since it was a taunt party I'd try to get a chain jacket to work. And there's no way to know if it's working unless you hit someone with it. Sorry about that, it usually doesn't take that long for me to get it. :/

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
There were other people in there to hit. I kind of figured you weren't trying to harm or kill, so I just left it. Seems like the other two players took it as a threat. I don't plan on jumping in, so have fun.

Zulo

Smash Ace
Thanks, I enjoy 2v1s when I get them.

Edit: Hate fighting Wolf on wifi.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
It would be better if I didn't have to run around and get rid of the items before they used them. I'm trying my best. The other thing that's bugging me is them trying to use me as shields.

It's been awhile since I met you last, it's quite fun seeing if you improved or not. You could probably wipe the floor with me, though...

Edit: I hate Wolves, too. I left after that match was over; I was getting kind of bored of seeing them spam...

Zulo

Smash Ace
I left that match too, but for pizza... Also, DaBeast told me that you have to come to this xat now and you have no excuse not to, so you should.

Linkeh.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
...he tells you just about everything, huh? And, I have a lot more excuses, but fine, you win. I'll check it now...and then probably leave after a few seconds...

Zulo

Smash Ace
db and zulo love each other, end of. but on another note, so many ****ing pits today.
U mad tho?

Shade, was that you who just tried to join? You were having connection errors if so and were kicked by someone who didn't know you were joining because you looked like a bot.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
It was, but I opened the chat, left for a few minutes, came back, and then closed it out cause I was bored. Sorry, not much of a social person.

Maybe when I'm not feeling so lazy about registering and whatnot, I'll try again...can't blame a girl for getting uninterested...

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
db and zulo love each other, end of. but on another note, so many ****ing pits today.
U jelly cuz only your mom loves you:smirk:.

And to add something useful to this post,
yeah, haven't been on BB in a while.

I did meet NA in team brawl like 2 weeks ago but that's about it. We went completely aggro. Ike+MK is the really good. Ike+Ike is amazing.

ninjaalex

Smash Apprentice
U jelly cuz only your mom loves you:smirk:.

And to add something useful to this post,
yeah, haven't been on BB in a while.

I did meet NA in team brawl like 2 weeks ago but that's about it. We went completely aggro. Ike+MK is the really good. Ike+Ike is amazing.
1. bs.
2.MK ***** with everyone, end of.
3. I was carrying since i 3 stock you on a regular basis.
4.i don't recall going ike. >_>

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
Lies...
I think you got my Ike confused with my Olimar, lol.
Whenever we play, you win because lolMK but I at least get you to one stock around mid percents.
It depends when I actually become good again, been riding the bad luck streak lately. Hopefully, it will disappear with spring break...

And i didn't say you went Ike.
Also, calling me out of my 3 month old lurking hole isn't cool. >_>

ninjaalex

Smash Apprentice
that's a joke right? i'm laughing my *** off and rolling around laughing.
Last time it was mk vs ike, i didn't di at all and was sipping a soda and watching paint dry and still 2 stocked.

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
Imma let you finish, but I don't want to derail this thread(I've done so countless times with a certain furry). So lets just drop it ok?

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I managed to come across another PT who was decent to say the least. I got to fight along side him against this Zelda/Lucario/Samus player who started a fight with me when I launched my Final Smash with Falcon as she was transforming from Zelda to Sheik so I knew it would miss. She took that as a threat and started to attack me. We spent the next several matchs me fighting and messing her up to the point where she would just run away from me. Well here's a lesson that she learned: You can't run from a good Falcon/PT anywhere on Temple. She went down into the lower right corner of Temple one match and taunted there while running away. I was Charizard that time so I glided through the little crack in the stage where people camp the bombs for hours, glide attacked her, then spiked her as she used her 2nd jump to finish her. The other PT went AFK for some time and the Gold Ike went after him during this time. I would have stopped him but I was too busy dealing with the Zelda player. One match, they decided to go PT as well, so we had 3 PT's on the field. I was not amused by this so I 4 stocked him using all of my Pokemon. They eventually left and so did the other player once he realized he would have 2 angry Charizards going at him. I had 2 matched with just me and the other PT, and that was nice to just relax and do nothing.

Top Bottom