• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
lol I kept failing against that green game and watch, i left cuz he started to camp when he became kirby.

I also remembered seeing that olimar dude stall your DDD with jiggz on FD! xD

I met a samus who really wanted to kill me and expected me to run into all of her moves. I stood still and it kept attacking me from aways away.

At first I wanted to go all brinstar, then decided otherwise. FD was the way to go for a green kirby, orange samus, and blue DK.

I stole a kill by somehow reflecting a falcon has he was hit by a charge shot. SOmeone chose hyrule. Foolish. Have a ness chase me all over the stage as a falco hopping all over the place.

An olimar appeared on the field. Must kill it and safe the others from harm. DO them no harm. Not complete without snake explosives. Nope. We got hyrule instead. Solo duelist. The spectators enjoy taking pot shots at the entertainment.

A more nimble character is needed for a gang attack on snake. But oh well. Let the explosives and snakes fly. I think people enjoyed the hyrule snake attack show. We went back for some more.

Maybe someone here will recognize it.

The 3 on 1 snake battle continued. I gave more damage than I took most certainly.

Then we went to flat zone 2 and got disconnected.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
lol I kept failing against that green game and watch, i left cuz he started to camp when he became kirby.

I also remembered seeing that olimar dude stall your DDD with jiggz on FD! xD
LMAO yea. I was tyring to troll him and he was trying to troll me XD :troll:

After the match I figured out 1 way to take care of him and that stall. Too late tho.

When u left and I was stuck with the olimar dude and green gnw I played ICs again and the green gnw started attacking me so I cged him to hell and back and the oli dude didn't care and had let me do it and then green gnw dude left. XD

I was like duddddddddeeeeeeeeee XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Found some scrubby Marth/Bowser that would just hit and run, throw items, let noobs troll me, etc. and would never fight me directly unless he thought he had the advantage. Not to mention a slight lag and a taunter he was butt****ing. I think fighting these **********s is starting to affect my mental health. :grrr:

Sol9000

Smash Journeyman
Found some scrubby Marth/Bowser that would just hit and run, throw items, let noobs troll me, etc. and would never fight me directly unless he thought he had the advantage. Not to mention a slight lag and a taunter he was butt****ing. I think fighting these **********s is starting to affect my mental health. :grrr:
Posts like these make me respect you 2% more...

So far you are at "They have a point." 5 more points until "I wish we would fight sometime... :|"

Considering how long it's been, you'll get those 5 points over the course of 1-3 years?

Maybe when Half Life 3 is announced.

Blue_Sunshine

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4382-3301-0014
Saw a Marth fight a Meta Knight, the MK was lag switching BLATANTLY whenever the Marth got the guy at 60-80% lag begins out the butt! lol why like play if you just exposing yourself? The Ike player rides the lag switcher's jog strap? when I helped Marth mess the scrub up... Shame on you, Ike, instead of those with integrity? Hahaha, unless it was the Ike lag switching for his butt buddy's behalf since he was host, that some funny stuff how srs basic brawl with anyone is to them.
;)

:phone:

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Premium
So.... for the first time in a very long time I did some Basic Brawl with anyone matches...
most hilarious matches out of all the times I've used it.

Basically, I come online, get a group almost instantly, and as I recall it was a Ness, a Metaknight, and a Fox. I wait a bit to see who tries to attack me, go figure - the Metaknight does, so I start wrecking this MK hoping the other 2 don't try and gang up on me as most taunt parties would, and for a while it was all good, just beating up a MK, then out of nowhere the fox starts attacking me, while the Ness does not.

We play the match out and it basically ends with me killing the MK AND the Fox, in the end it comes down pretty even overall with me killing the MK and the MK killing me once, goes to 4man sudden death where both Fox and MK get a kill on me, afterwards I precede to wreck them in a serious of hilarious matches til the Fox DC's all of us :)

Edit: Oh and that Ness was totally cool about the whole thing, he didn't try to help out and end up getting in the way, and he didn't side with them either, just kinda watched the whole thing. XD anyways, if any of those 3 feels like playing some 1v1s sometime drop me a line ;)

Edit2: now doing some free for alls with an Ike player, he's gone Fox, Wolf, Lucario, and Link so far, I've gone Mostly default Sonic, but have also gone black marth, and some red Snake, it's been pretty fun, we're pretty much teaming

Edit3: so kept it goin a bit longer, Ike main left, whole party got replaced with a blue Lucas/Fox, a blue Falco/Greeen Jiggs/Pikachu, and a default Samus.
the Pika and the Samus fought only eachother at first while my red Snake tore apart the Lucas/Fox whenever it went to sudden death it ended in me C4'ing myself and either the Samus or Falco XD. After a while the Pika and Samus just sat back and watched me demolish the poor Lucas.

On a side note, that Lucas was quite determined to beat my Snake, he did not succeed, though I did admire his determination XD

kaazers

Smash Master
Saw a Marth fight a Meta Knight, the MK was lag switching BLATANTLY whenever the Marth got the guy at 60-80% lag begins out the butt! lol why like play if you just exposing yourself? The Ike player rides the lag switcher's jog strap? when I helped Marth mess the scrub up... Shame on you, Ike, instead of those with integrity? Hahaha, unless it was the Ike lag switching for his butt buddy's behalf since he was host, that some funny stuff how srs basic brawl with anyone is to them.
;)

Ah, so you were the Sheik yesterday. This isn't going to be short, but let me have a turn now.

First, I hope you realized that the Marth and MK were using the two player Basic Brawl hack. Their transition from character select to stage select happened to be at the exact same time -- that's no coincidence. It's due to the hack. That's why I stayed to spectate: two decent players using the code and fighting each other instead is a rare sight.

By that logic, if the MK was BLATANTLY lagging on purpose the Marth would know since he would be sitting right next to him. Also, the MK spammed dsmash/fsmash because he was waiting out the lag. I found it amusing, actually.

Also, I wasn't riding anyone's anything. Someone might have been on their connection or on mine. I do share my internet with a few people... though even I found the lag unusual.

And onto you calling him a scrub… The MK wasn't one. He was pretty competent with MK, ICs and Falco -- you saw it yourself. Do you think you would win in a fair one-on-one fight against him? It wouldn't be easy.

"Those with integrity"? The MK was respectful of spectators and made a point not to hit us. I didn't interfere and would have thrown items off if they appeared. The Marth made a point to run towards me and then hit both me and the MK once he approached. He started to counter my Aether whenever I tried to recover and Fair'd me when I was offstage as well. I'd done nothing to him at this point.

After many rounds of us both peacefully spectating on the side, you started attacking me out of the blue and double teamed the MK with Marth. That's when I intervened and tried to get you out of their fight. After a few more rounds of this you started to SD every time he hit you (and he did that a lot). If he was losing the fight, the Marth would just grab you and then throw you offstage. The MK never asked me to SD for him, but I did it anyway since he had to fight both of you. I only did it as many times as you did, not once more (though you two always managed to sneak one more point in the last 3 seconds). And I HATE doing this kind of thing, too...

It is funny when people take winning in Basic Brawl too seriously. To the point that someone begins to attack their "friend" to get free points; and the friend eagerly dairs offstage. Yeah, I agree.

I'll give you props for that edgehog when I was recovering. For some odd reason I didn't think you knew how to. I deserved that. I'll have to be more careful next time!

It's a bit harder to get a room when you use the two player hack so unless you hate them, you should be considerate and just leave the room instead of DC'ing. You didn't know, though, so I'm just telling you for future reference.

With that said, really hoping to run into you so we can have a proper and (hopefully) less laggy one-on-one fight. There was too much going on last night, lol.

x

No actual fights worth mentioning last night sadly. There seem to be a lot of trolls, though.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Ah, so I wasn't the only one.

I had encountered the 2 player team using Marth and Sheik. They were... okay but played very linearly. Easy to gimp, too...

Also, I'm semi-getting back into this, so keep your eyes open for red Lucarios.

kaazers

Smash Master
@SSBBDaisy: It's awesome. I sometimes hop into Basic Brawl with my sister so if you see a Purple Toon Link/Red Ike duo, that might be us. She's the worst partner ever though. When the other two players randomly start attacking me…my sister, instead of helping me, joins them and turns it into a 3-on-1. But I really did LOL when my sister and I came across two other people using the hack, too. Basically, a whole room full of hackers. Now if only I could convince her to go double DDD with me just once...

@John12346: Then it's not just me! We were talking about a Marth/MK duo but I ran into a Marth/Sheik(Zelda) team, too, about two months ago. Eh, cheaters there too…

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
There are some codes that allow more than one person to play BB or TB together.

Found them.

WITH ANYONE - Basic Brawl Multiplayer [Phantom Wings]
4A000000 90180B44
38000000 00FF1000
10000000 0000000C

*Must Be Host. You must also start the Waiting Room before someone else joins (kinda like having someone join your game instead of you joining theirs).

WITH ANYONE - Team Battle Multiplayer [Phantom Wings & Jose Gallardo]

4A000000 90180B44
38000000 00FF1100
10000000 0000000C

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Just keep in mind that if you win with Warioman, the game will freeze. You'll need to find a Smash ball or just not win.

Blue_Sunshine

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4382-3301-0014
Ah, so you were the Sheik yesterday. This isn't going to be short, but let me have a turn now.

First, I hope you realized that the Marth and MK were using the two player Basic Brawl hack. Their transition from character select to stage select happened to be at the exact same time -- that's no coincidence. It's due to the hack. That's why I stayed to spectate: two decent players using the code and fighting each other instead is a rare sight.

By that logic, if the MK was BLATANTLY lagging on purpose the Marth would know since he would be sitting right next to him. Also, the MK spammed dsmash/fsmash because he was waiting out the lag. I found it amusing, actually.

Also, I wasn't riding anyone's anything. Someone might have been on their connection or on mine. I do share my internet with a few people... though even I found the lag unusual.

And onto you calling him a scrub… The MK wasn't one. He was pretty competent with MK, ICs and Falco -- you saw it yourself. Do you think you would win in a fair one-on-one fight against him? It wouldn't be easy.

"Those with integrity"? The MK was respectful of spectators and made a point not to hit us. I didn't interfere and would have thrown items off if they appeared. The Marth made a point to run towards me and then hit both me and the MK once he approached. He started to counter my Aether whenever I tried to recover and Fair'd me when I was offstage as well. I'd done nothing to him at this point.

After many rounds of us both peacefully spectating on the side, you started attacking me out of the blue and double teamed the MK with Marth. That's when I intervened and tried to get you out of their fight. After a few more rounds of this you started to SD every time he hit you (and he did that a lot). If he was losing the fight, the Marth would just grab you and then throw you offstage. The MK never asked me to SD for him, but I did it anyway since he had to fight both of you. I only did it as many times as you did, not once more (though you two always managed to sneak one more point in the last 3 seconds). And I HATE doing this kind of thing, too...

It is funny when people take winning in Basic Brawl too seriously. To the point that someone begins to attack their "friend" to get free points; and the friend eagerly dairs offstage. Yeah, I agree.

I'll give you props for that edgehog when I was recovering. For some odd reason I didn't think you knew how to. I deserved that. I'll have to be more careful next time!

It's a bit harder to get a room when you use the two player hack so unless you hate them, you should be considerate and just leave the room instead of DC'ing. You didn't know, though, so I'm just telling you for future reference.

With that said, really hoping to run into you so we can have a proper and (hopefully) less laggy one-on-one fight. There was too much going on last night, lol.

x

No actual fights worth mentioning last night sadly. There seem to be a lot of trolls, though.

You were the
Ike in that!?
-gasp- :laugh: :laugh:
okay then, I only interfered when I saw how it will always coincidentally lag whenever Marth got the upper hand, so I strike MK just because it felt like he was lag switching, also I say for us having integrity for staying our characters, while the other guy ran the gauntlet on high tiers to vs a non switching Marth then you attacked me for it, when you kind of served no purpose in the game, you weren't on my radar, with all due respect, I just wanted you in your corner and should've stuck to spectating those games.

Anyway, I was truly curious in seeing what type of shenanigans will appear in the most opportune moments. LAG whenever he's being taken to a higher % which were in fair 1v1's lol....

Oh yeah, and about the multiplayer hack? I don't see the harm in it, we're evening up the playing field....there's no more 3v1's basic brawl is so common for..we go out into the fray... everyone else is our foe...and take them out individually...froggy players get manageable...and it feels good :smirk: and if we're bad guys, fine by us, we're feeding them their saltines and locking them back in their cage where they belong..hahaha they're probably hating the number 4 by now
and yeah, I may of helped Marth get points, only to see what kinda shet storm would ensue..lol it's all fun

Thanks for the props, I got a good understanding on Ike so normally he isn't all that tough for me, I'll be looking forward for us having a one-on-one fight in a basic brawl then as well, cya!~
:woman:

kaazers

Smash Master

You were the
Ike in that!?
-gasp- :laugh: :laugh:

Aha. I was that Ike.

okay then, I only interfered when I saw how it will always coincidentally lag whenever Marth got the upper hand, so I strike MK just because it felt like he was lag switching, also I say for us having integrity for staying our characters, while the other guy ran the gauntlet on high tiers to vs a non switching Marth then you attacked me for it, when you kind of served no purpose in the game, you weren't on my radar, with all due respect, I just wanted you in your corner and should've stuck to spectating those games.

Served no purpose? I was spectating, so were you. We're not supposed to serve any purpose in THEIR game. Just sit back in our "corner", and enjoy the show. In any case, I would have "stayed in my corner and stuck to spectating those games" if you hadn't done just the opposite, running in head-first. Who are you to judge two IRL friends having a couple of fun fights on Basic Brawl? A switching high-tier character player fighting a non-switching high-tier character? Oh, I see the injustice. Also, the MK played Ike and Pit as well.

Anyway, I was truly curious in seeing what type of shenanigans will appear in the most opportune moments. LAG whenever he's being taken to a higher % which were in fair 1v1's lol....

Oh, by the way, I found out that lag was on my end--some people were downloading files/watching videos. Hence, sporadic lag. Had I known it was me, I'd have left. I didn't have any lag in previous fights so it didn't occur to me that I was the culprit.

Oh yeah, and about the multiplayer hack? I don't see the harm in it, we're evening up the playing field....there's no more 3v1's basic brawl is so common for..we go out into the fray... everyone else is our foe...and take them out individually...froggy players get manageable...and it feels good :smirk: and if we're bad guys, fine by us, we're feeding them their saltines and locking them back in their cage where they belong..hahaha they're probably hating the number 4 by now
and yeah, I may of helped Marth get points, only to see what kinda shet storm would ensue..lol it's all fun

Hmm. Because of integrity's sake, someone can't rotate their high-tier characters… and yet blatant cheating is okay in the name of trolling? Yeah, I understand sometimes wanting to troll because, as you might have read, my sister does it all the time and I do as well sometimes, but both of us make a point not to interfere when someone is having a one-on-one.

Thanks for the props, I got a good understanding on Ike so normally he isn't all that tough for me, I'll be looking forward for us having a one-on-one fight in a basic brawl then as well, cya!~ :woman:

Worst part is we might have fought without even knowing. The sad truth about the mechanics of Basic Brawl. But yes, with some luck we'll run into each other again. Ciao!
Replies in quote. Quotes are confusing, lol.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
When playing as Wario man just self destruct before the timer runs out. You don't have to lose, you can get as much KO's as you want just as long as you self destruct before the end of a match OR if there are Smash Balls. I believe if Wario man uses a Smash Ball it reverts him back into regular Wario, but correct me if I'm wrong.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
My bad. IIRC SDing or getting a Smash ball makes you regular Wario again. However, if you win as Wario man, the game will freeze, IIRC because he doesn't have a victory animation.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
ok I found the code and its working. But it turns on randomly. I can't control when it comes on and I added a button modifier that works with the gamecube controller. But when I add it the code dosen't work at all.

kaazers

Smash Master
I didn't know the Giga Bowser and Wario Man codes were so complicated. I thought you just popped in the code and it was done. Guess not…

I remember running into a Green Kirby Alloy a few months back. Just me and him on Final Destination. The game froze at the victory screen sadly, but it was so cool running into one.

That aside, I've noticed a good Blue Kirby/ Green Snake/ Dark MK/ Blue Ike/ Randoms on Basic Brawl sometimes. I've seen other people who play those characters too, but I can tell when it's him.

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
god damn wtf is wrong with these noob hackers.

i keep running into a sonic c.falcon and peach and one of em has a hack on that forces me into being a lone ice climber player.

seriously these noobs can't even play halfway decently but being handicapped with a solo IC and three ******* ganging up on me i can barely keep my pace against em.

jeez wtf has basic brawl turned into...

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Then don't play Basic Brawl, LOL. If you enter a match, don't expect anything other than flagrant ******ry. They're gonna camp, spam, team, and they don't give a flying **** if a pro doesn't like it. Getting angry over it doesn't help, since it just makes your play sloppy. You have to realize they're just a bunch of 12 year olds who really know nothing better and love nothing more than to make someone better than them lose with cheap tactics. It's been that way since 08, although hacking got worse as time went on. It's amazing how popular this game is, yet how completely ******** and awful most of the people who play it are.

Blue_Sunshine

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4382-3301-0014
I also think most are just mindless, seriously, they play like *****es, I don't give a ****, but I admit they do a good job at just making me purely mindless along with them, haha..they're *****es who are only contempt if you take the fall for them, but if you say enough is enough to their crap...WAHHHHH! they leave feeling salty, Jeez! Just keep that in mind, they're mindless and you have the potential to use them as pawns, smack one out, prepare for the other nub to have a salty run in, smack him too, shield then punish, spam in place if they all over you, ehh I hope that helps..Idk if it makes sense but yeah..haha

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Guys I'm having problems with this code battle with people on same wii bb.

Sometimes I end up controlling both characters at once like that shiek/marf dude. It still works and is funny as hell when I get the control of 2 D3. Sometimes it works and my friend can play tho.

I controlled double ddd and did the cg myself. I LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

kaazers

Smash Master
Guys I'm having problems with this code battle with people on same wii bb.

Sometimes I end up controlling both characters at once like that shiek/marf dude. It still works and is funny as hell when I get the control of 2 D3. Sometimes it works and my friend can play tho.

I controlled double ddd and did the cg myself. I LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
I find that on the rounds you control two characters, the best thing to do is just let the round play out. On the second round your friend should be able to control his character. Works for my sister and me.

Self double DDD chaingrab?… jealous right now.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Technically, whether you were playing as two on one controller or two on both, you could do the double DDD CG. It's an input you could do with one hand ( Z -> analog down ).

Blue_Sunshine

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4382-3301-0014
Hmmm....I innovate huh? haha be on the lookout for blue Sheik and green Marth pretty soon -puts shades on- awwwwww yeeeeeeea:phone::cool:

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
I was in a taunt party earlier today.

All kinds of stages and characters chosen
Items on
Accidental KOs and flashy moves forgiven
Glitches and exploits all over the place

It was awesome, and THAT is how you participate in a taunt party, not picking Temple/FD 50000 times in a row so you can sit in a corner doing nothing for 2 minutes holy ****

You all know who you are

Periwinkle

Smash Apprentice
Hi all, after no avail to lurking for the past six or so months and silently waiting for someone to post an encounter with me (:urg:), I decided it was time I came out of the closet shadows and formally introduced myself. So, hello! I'm Periwinkle and I thought up my username on the fly. Don't judge. I don't know how recurring my stay here will be, but I hope to enjoy it nonetheless and have fun sharing cool stories with everybody.

I'm another :falconbrawl: main. I like mixing it up with colors, but more prominently lately I'm either the default or white variations. One potential giveaway to rule me out among players is that I dutifully follow His sacred Ten Commandments (beckoning opponents to show me their moves as the match commences, and after successfully landing a Falcon Punch or Knee of Justice, general stupidity, etc.), sometimes to a fault as it's balked my victory. But in the end, I was the real winner, because I know the truth. The truth of Falcon. It is unclear the exact ratio of people who follow the Commandments to such textbook execution, let alone know of its existence, and thus is my calling in life: to expand that number. (And for this reason I'm especially eager to face off against Falcon'sFist!)

Amen.

Anyway, other mains are, of course, thy Father :ganonbrawl:, usually brown (still perfecting my Flight of Ganon, I'll sometimes waste an entire round getting the timing down on Wi-Fi), and :ikebrawl: and :snakebrawl:, with no particular color preference. Occasionally as well are :peachbrawl: and :zssbrawl:, with a touch of :wolfbrawl:.

I've played Brawl almost devotedly since it came out four years ago. I mess around a lot online and I'm very passive, so the players I get in rooms will almost always determine my playing style. It's increasingly apparent to me that Taunt Parties have far become more the rule to the exception and so I'm generally more inclined to make friends over enemies, but I'm always down for a good scrap (though I do prefer singles combat so I might seek out a specific player).

That's it, I think. Really sorry for the wall of text! I wasn't anticipating going on for nearly as long as I did, but I guess I had a lot to say at once. :upsidedown: Shortly after writing this I'll hop on Basic Brawl and will probably check back later to follow up post-shenanigans. :grin:

Periwinkle

Smash Apprentice
Meh, slow going on BB, as per usual this time of the night. Don't really recall any memorable matches worth mentioning. :c I'll try again tomorrow when more people aren't asleep or preoccupied otherwise.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I found out why so many people love using Ike on BB. He ***** them hard like there's no tomorrow. Seriously, I had the most random urge to use Ike on BB, and after several matches of doing relatively nothing, this ZSS started to attack me. Next match I smacked her around and the Zelda in the room joined the fight in attacking me. Afterwards the ZSS went Pika and Zelda went Samus. Pikachu would attack me up close while the Samus would just shot charge shots at me. Their plan backfired often as the Samus would shot Pika instead of me, I would combo the Pika out of it and then attack Samus.

In the last few matches I stayed in, we went on Temple and the Pika went to Link. I kept beating them no matter what they tried. The last match I was in resulted in them both getting in my face and attacking me. It worked for a good 10 seconds, until I separated them. After that... I showed no sympathy. The match ended with me having +5, the Link -3, and Samus -2. The one thing I loved, was that I 0-death'ed the Link in the last 20 seconds, then him trying to finish me off when I was at >180%, but he either missed or I teched. The Samus went after the other guy who was doing nothing but watching our matches, probably to take out her rage/knew she would get ****ed up if she fought with me.

But Ike is now my new troll weapon :troll:

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
lol....i love runnning into noobs who are convinced ike is op'd....its so funny watching them hopelessly miss every single Fsmash and Usmash and quick draw...adn aether.

i had one ike player who mroe or less gave up when I dodged every single one of his Fsmashes against me, it was the ONLY move he knew how to use, adn every time i just did a spot dodge.

eventually after doing this so much and punishing him for it, he went into rage and just started attempting to attack the other two players, but i'd quickly rush over there, grab him and throw him in the opposite direction to pull him away from em, then start beating the tar out of him again.

Ike Noobs are so funny in basic brawl.

of course every once and awhile you run into one who knows what they're doing....

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
i have a feeling i know who that red ike was that i faced with my mk...

sry kaazers ran into a bunch of trolls today and needed to relieve my stress....

Top Bottom