• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

kaazers

Smash Master
@SunnySunny: During the early days of playing Basic Brawl I remembered accidentally pressing the B button while I was hanging on the ledge. A seemingly passive Zelda happened to be there. She went crazy. 90% of them seem to be like that, and no matter who's in the wrong, the Link in the room will always side with her. Hah, I learned not to like Zeldas early on.

Anyway...

GG's P2 Red Falco/ Purple Luigi/ Red Yoshi/ Bronze Samus/ Blue Kirby/ Red Ganondorf. I actually got a a couple of relatively lagless matches against someone good. This is probably the first time I've had one in one or two weeks. It's impossible to connect these days.

I was playing Leopard Print Snake/ Gold Ike.

It started off as a FFA on FD with P2 Falco and P3 Red Marth. P3 left after he won SD against me. Then it was me and P2 with two other people always getting in the way. A memorable one was the DK who spammed down-b in one spot the whole match. It was a LOT more disruptive than you'd expect. >>

I saved two replays -- the last two matches to be specific. 2nd to last one -- all 4 (two CPU) of us got sent flying offscreen at the same time. I saved it for the lulz. The last match, P2 did some sick stuff with Kirby on my first (short lived) stock.

Next round, the spectating Red Falco and Zelda decided to attack P2 Ganondorf (since he first instigated the fights). I asked them to stop but no luck. I stood by the sidelines. Lag started to creep into the match too... I left after that. GG's P2! I'm otherwise just sitting here getting rusty so I had a lot of fun.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I have discovered not one, but 3 characters I will troll with; Luigi, G&W, and Ike. Luigi for his Shoryuken, G&W for his Judgement, and Ike for the fact that mine can outplay over 90% of the Ikes on BB.

Of course there are times where I'll go Meta*** and completely **** others just to know who they're dealing with. I find it funny when ohers go MK, and I beat them with some low tier like Falcon.

:phone:

Periwinkle

Smash Apprentice
Zelda's seem to take everything as a personal insult towards them. How many times have ya'll ran into a Zelda that you insulted and a white knight link that comes to her defense? ,:3
Even worse is when you get singled out solely based on your character choice. I'll be in a room with three other passive players and go Ganondorf the next match, then suddenly some Link ****** will stop at nothing to see me dead. But it's always funny when it backfires and the other two players turn on the Link (or whoever the attacking player is) and come to my aid in defeating them.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I just played a very good MK,Snake,Wolf,Lucas (not in this order). I would be surprised if this player is not on this forum. I used MK, Pikachu, Zelda and Ike. I was playing terribly because my game cube controller broke so I have to use the wii remote.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
ggs at the peach/shiek/zelda i fought in Team battle. Good peach, i was the Fox/Pikachu player, the most memorable match we had was me on pikachu and the snake player crouching and ****ing around while your peach 3 stocked that TL

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
(not sure how many Aussies go on here but it's worth a shot)

GG's to a neutral snake, neutral sheik, and blue wolf who dacus'd with all 3 characters :D we were on FD, battlefield, yoshis island, and smashville, (not in that order) some matches with cpus but mostly 1v1's. I was neutral yoshi, neutral sonic, and went back to yoshi.
I'm positive he'd be on here, his play style just screams it :p

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
ggs at the peach/shiek/zelda i fought in Team battle. Good peach, i was the Fox/Pikachu player, the most memorable match we had was me on pikachu and the snake player crouching and ****ing around while your peach 3 stocked that TL
Hey, Dark. :bee: Long time, no see.

TheBlueFalcon

Smash Cadet
Short but memorable couple of sets yesterday.

First was against a competent red Falcon. Games went both ways and were generally fun; he showed some nice combos and flashy set-ups. I managed to Knee KO him out of a reverse mid-air Punch attempt on the last one (yesz!) Good matches.

Second, and more interesting, was a Meta Knight who seemed intent on charging at my Falcon. He received a series of beatings and then changed to blood red and black MK, presumably to show he meant business. As expected, he went fiercely on the aggressive, taking me up to 85% or so - but then came the Punch, right into his missed Dimensional Cape. 58% to KO in one hit.

Rarely has an opponent's ragequit been more satisfying.

- TBF

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Hey, Dark. :bee: Long time, no see.
hey there :p

ggs to the blue snake i fought 1v1 in basic. It was me on my red wario, i got a free kill from your screw up but that was a fun match hahaha, never dacus into my bite!!!!!!!!

Zulo

Smash Ace
Including me!

I've been in BB a little lately, so speak up if you see a good Pit/Marth/Zelda/Sheik/Lucario/ZSS/Jigglypuff. Good being used relative to the average BB player, not to the average SWF user.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
This place is slowly coming back to life to my surprise.

Just came to say gg to this pink yoshi/normal Peach. We were in this group for about an hour in a half to two. We always made just about everyone quit. Then we decided to just start fighting each. I could tell just by how you were destroying that Zelda that you were good. You gave me more practice with my Ness and TLink. I thank you for those interesting, and funny, matches.

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
Well I've been on a long hiatus and I'm itching to dish out some more Basic Brutality.

Though it doesn't sound like much has changed on that front, still the same deflated beanbag people ticking away the lifeless hours defecating all over my awesome game.

I'm always enter the room as West Hollywood Snake, since I can usually secure roughly 40% territory control within the 5 second mark from unassuming TPs mindlessly turning back and forth.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
If you play a MK who spams Up B and uses other moves only to refresh their Up B, that mk is me.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
^That only works on noobs, LOL.

Besides, I've played MKs that use SL heavily and even though it has a lot of power and decent range, I just shield and run behind them to punish their landing.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Post 1:^ It works on 80% of basic brawl players. If there is a good player, then I will use Ike.

Post 2: I just played a very good Ike. He knew how to do the chaingrab even though he failed a couple of times. I used Kirby, MK, DDD and Ike. And there was an annoying Kirby who kept attacking me for no reason. Before kirby attacked me, it was a 3 vs 1. The person we were fighting used Lucas, Bowser, and ganondorf. He left after the Ike cg'd him twice.

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
ugh.....
just got out of a FFA with three noobs who ganged up on me

a red pit, bowser and an ike.

the red pit thought he was hot **** cuz he could arrow loop..

jsut an FYI to all 3 of the noobs i'd slaughter you all in a 1v1 with no item bs and no lag.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
You can shield or air dodge the Up B and the glide attack.

Are you able to punish their landing if they press B right before they touch the ground?
Almost every character can punish a metaknights shuttleloop if blocked. But thats the thing, the move isn't meant to be just thrown out. Its a hard punish. Its quick and has some invincibility on start up so it'll most likely be used if they think or know your gonna press a button.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I was in a taunt party and one of the players was very annoying. He kept hitting me with projectiles and then "said sorry". After a few matches, I picked MK because I wanted to attack him. I combo'd him using down grab, and then everyone started fighting me and it became a 1 vs 3. I was able to beat all the players because they were terrible, but the next match someone turned items on, and then the player I thought was annoying beat me with items, so I dc'd the whole group. If the annoying player sees this post, please tell me its you. :)

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I 'm at that point where I'm questioning why I play BB anymore. Over half the time it's a TP that I'm too lazy to crash/know if I do crash it will be a 3v1 (which I could handle if it's on Temple) I really haven't seen any good players over the past few weeks I've been playing, just a LOT of the usual item dumbness, stage ******ry, and me not recovering. There were some fun matches and some that made me rage, some that were boring, and some that I caused me to get really intense.

One match I loved this past week was me being Falcon in a room on Battlefield. Nothing happened the first 30 seconds, then this Sheik starts walking around me and grabs me alot. I get a little annoyed so I grab her back. This repeats until I pivot grab her and back throw her offstage. To my surprise the sheik takes that as a challenge and a fight brakes out. We knock each other off stage a couple times and no matter where I was, she would always grab the ledge. After I sent her off, I read a jump and got a Knee off and taunted when I got back on. 30 seconds left and she knocked me offstage then tried to edgehog me, I Yes'd her as she was hanging, she tried to Up-B, but I spiked her with Raptor Boost before she could vanish for a kill. I left after that before the butthurt would get worse.

If you want to try to recognize me:

Obviously I still play a mean PT/Falcon/Wolf. I now picked up Kirby/Lucario/Pikachu/Snake, but Pikachu I really don't use often other then to show the Spamachus how he's really played. I will use Ganon whenever I get the urge. I also may use Wario/Luigi/G&W, but those are for trolling. I have a scrubby D3, but I don't mess with him much. And of course I have a pocket MetaKnight, but I save him for people I want to destroy with every fiber of my being.
Expect my Falcon/Lucario/Squirtle/D3/Snake/Ganon/G&W/Ike to all be blue, My Wolf/Kirby/Charizard to be green, and if I start with Ivysaur I'm red. Pika will probably be the last color I was with PT. Wario could be anything, and Luigi is the orange color.

Hope to see someone around, hope you don't make me mad, I rage when I'm mad.

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
its also a great place to test your patience/how much bs you can handle....

of course now i just force D/C everyone after a match when they attempt to gang up on me, sooon as I win i just force the whole room to D/C

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
I Love Basic Brawl its so much fun and I start fights a lot of the time and end up getting 3 v1 but don't care. I just use bull **** like olimar on Flat Zone 2 or De De De on Bridge of elding and beat the 3v1 there XD

BASIC BRAWL FOREVER >.<!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kaazers

Smash Master
All this Basic Brawl raging has me missing it so much. I just can't play with the internet connection up here. The last decent-ish match (and last match period) I had was a week and half to two weeks ago. I was the Gold Ike who wanted to be BFFs with the lazy DDD in the room (DDD's are just so cool). It wasn't as if he was all that great with him but. Yeah. DDD.

Anyways, the one I fought was a temperamental but somewhat decent Green Peach who was chasing/trying to attack a decent ZSS for no reason.

I remember the fight starting on New Pork City after a couple of rounds of her chasing the ZSS, She would apologize profusely if she hit the DDD by accident but when Green Peach grabbed me by accident, she decided to fthrow me while she was at it. LOL, she just stared at me after that, deeming me too scubby to be worthy of an apology -- I'm assuming since I had been acting like a goofball up until then.

I left it at that but she also decided a few seconds afterwards that the banana peel I repeatedly threw up in the air and caught out of boredom was aimed at her even though she wasn't even that close to me.

I think we went even only once.

As always, I never taunted but I trolled by leaving after I 3-stocked her ZSS on Pirate Ship and the cannonball 1-stocked her. Who needs to double team when you have the cannonball?

ninjaalex

Smash Apprentice
...wow the bs on BB is insane, gonna get on now..
EDIT: Well let's see, played a little over half an hour and found all scrubs, the best player I found was a luigi/snake/olimar player who knew somewhat how to play the character, he would've been almost good if he didn't use items though, lol.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
My Falcon just opened a case of **** one would expect if he tried Master difficulty on F-Zero GX for the very first thing they tried.

There was a Sonic before this match who got mad at my Charizard for taking stocks off him, a Pikachu that went PT after I did, and a Kirby. First match I dominated with Charizard, killing everyone once and that Sonic more.

Second match was a pure sight of how good Falcon really is. We were on Flat Zone and I had killed everyone in that room at LEAST twice. Items were getting dumb, but that didn't stop me. One part that I loved was I did my D-Smash, killed Kirby and PT each with a kick, taunted, then immediatly hit the approaching MetaKnight with an F-Smash, killed him and taunted again. Unfortunatly the Kirby got mad butthurt in the last 5 seconds after I had killed him for probably he 4th time and DC the room. The sad part was that I was living to 160 and beyond and died only once on Flatzone of all places.

:phone:

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I played a good falco. He know the chain grab but he didnt know which characters he was able to chaingrab. It was in a taunt party and he started fightning a little so I got him out on SD, and he chose kirby for the next match and tried to down b me. I used olimar, ddd and peach

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
shout outs to the red link i teamed with in BB, i played with you in TB before as pikachu! I was red TL/ lucario/ pikachu/ bowser/ sonic

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
GG's to a Red/Trainer cap Pikachu/Red Bowser, (mostly pikachu though, knew how to combo well) I was neutral Yoshi and we were on Smashville and Final Destination mostly.
I again attempted to spell out 'smashboards' with lucas' PK thunder on temple, but cpus were in the match and interrupted it, then he left :(

*is also still looking for a red fox/red yoshi user along with white IC's/yellow yoshi*

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
who ever this blue/green pikachu, blue mk, orange lucas is

thank you

im the red pikachu, red jiggly, red lucas, default MK, white snake trolling this room thats being super passive

ninjaalex

Smash Apprentice
Finished with a BB group I've been with around 2 hours, the only player I'll remember is the falco user who didn't fight unless he had to, I wanted some 1vs1s and I had to start trolling to get him to fight, gg's. I was green DK/Ike/Snake/MK/etc.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
glad to see u still play BB alex. When I get back home I'm getting on. Hopefully, I'll get to troll someone on here :D

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
in a room with a good orange lucas/gold link hes taking a liking to my red lucas :3

Top Bottom