• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

David Wonn

Smash Ace
My Break the Targets glitches

Some vids

[...]

Pikachu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1gXDWZ7pVo&feature=youtu.be <-- starts at 1:13 click the highlighted numbers in my comment box to skip to it
I see you sneaked my Break the Targets glitches into the beginning. Thanks for posting them. I think I sent a match of Wario's forbidden technique with those, but recently I 0-death'd someone accidentally with it in a single move. LOL. If you want it, I'll send it.

Back on topic, I wish I had much luck getting good matches in Team Battle lately. Disconnecting the item trolls has been getting quite old lately, since they're rampant everywhere.

Smockers

Smash Apprentice
Fun matches with this really pro person, who also happened to have hacks. :p He played as DK, Wario, Ganon, ICs, Olimar, Falco, CF, Marth, and I think he mains Snake competitively. And whenever some scrub came into our room and bothered us, he would turn into Giga Bowser/Wario-Man the next match and beat the living s**t out of them! :awesome: I was the Peach (Daisy costume) who free-pulled/bone-walked a lot. :bee:

Oh, and I swear, I learn something new everyday on Basic Brawl from other people. I'm always like, "Wow, you can do that?" Like, I saw the pro hacker guy Z-drop an Assist Trophy... How the heck do you do that? :surprised:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Manly characters never lose.

Started off as Snake where there was a Kirby/Zelda/ZSS, a Spamachu, and a Fox/Falco. First match was on Temple so I just stayed away while the Kirby beat the other two. Fox then came after me so B-throw at the very left of the stage to kill him. Next match I went solely after Fox, and beat the snot out of him. Then we went on Battlefield and he went Falco. Items were on but they weren't very gay. Possibly my favorite moment ever in BB history happened then.

It was the last 5 seconds and I was already up 3-0 on Falco, I grabbed him and was just planning on squeezing his neck and doing D-throw to "kill" him, but I noticed a Bob-omb was walking towards my back. I let it come closer then I used B-throw to throw Falco into the bomb and kill him, which gave me a point for.
The sad part is a similar thing happened the very next match where I was up 1-0 on Falco, then blew him up with F-Smash to get another point :troll:

Next match I went Ike, he was Wolf, we were on Temple. We ran off to right side of the stage and once I started to knock him around, he tried to go under the stage to that tiny area at the bottom. However as we all know, fur ***s can't recover. He came after me once he re-spawned and got combo'd again. After I killed him a 2nd time he just didn't attack me for the rest of that match. Final fight he had with me was actually a Falcon ditto, him black, me blue. I can't remember how I killed him the first time because my 2nd kill was so damn manly. I used Up-air, then gave him a Knee, saw that he landed on the very left of the stage, then followed with a Falcon Punch with him making the horrible mistake of rolling into. He died a 3rd time, but I was unmanly since I edgehogged him when I meant to Hyesz him again after doing it off stage.

He left after his pride was destroyed, and I left after the ZSS and I just screwed around by glide tossing items everywhere.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
I see you sneaked my Break the Targets glitches into the beginning. Thanks for posting them. I think I sent a match of Wario's forbidden technique with those, but recently I 0-death'd someone accidentally with it in a single move. LOL. If you want it, I'll send it.

Back on topic, I wish I had much luck getting good matches in Team Battle lately. Disconnecting the item trolls has been getting quite old lately, since they're rampant everywhere.
hahaha i had no idea those were yours nice glitches

edit 1 @ 1:05pm today: ggs@ the falcon in team battle. I was the lucario chilling out with you at Crabs and Turtles map not wanting to really fight LOL had some good team combos though

edit 2 @ 3:00pm today: ggs@ the Link, and Peach/Zelda/Shiek players in Team Battle, i was the lucario we played on temple alot, then smashville, Frigate, battlefield and Corneria a few too. That peach was pretty good, fast reactions, but i have better mind games and footies ;) Link needed to stop roll dodging other then that hes a solid link that used moonwalk.

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
meh just got out of a group of noobs earlier who did nothing but try and gang up on me

last match one of the tards forced a D/C on the whole room bc i was slaughtering em with my MK 5-0, D/c'd the group at the very last second

the group was a kirby, marth, and a GW

thought they were so hot cuz they beat me the match before thanks to items and triple teaming, soon as i turned it around the match after and whipped all the ***'s one of the idiots rage quit with the D/C

pitiful...can't handle me in a 1v1, can barely even put up a fight against me in a 3vs1 and then are sore losing ragequitters

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Yesterday I played a very good zss. That was the best player iv'e ever seen in basic brawl. He knew all the combo's and he knew the mu's of the characters he fought perfectly.

King of Brawl

Smash Rookie
Was in Team Battles when I found a Samus. Pretty ok, liked to edge-guard a LOT, though. Had some great battles, but then this Peach joined.

I'd never fought anything like it. Usually Peach's floating isn't nearly that effective whenever I brawl. Kept getting me with the ol' backfloat and her Ariel-behind. And I know it was one of you. KO'ed me often with the ol' crown.

Props to both of you glorious fighters. I was the one always changing characters. Nice hour or two of great matches.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Welp came across some olimar spammer. This guy knew how to use olimar. **** that Cstick dry.

He kicked the **** out of me cause I suck. Fun games tho even tho I lost all of them. XD

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I've finally got my copy of brawl working and have been playing online w/a team battle for the last several weeks now. I pretty much play from 11am-2pm, 4pm-6pm, and 10pm-2am. I always start with Marth (still) and go to Kirby if it's a tough bunch, but I'll also use Ike, Snake, Zelda, Ganondorf and I've been trying out Samus the last couple of days. It's great when items are off and good stages, but I have fun either way.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Was in Team Battles when I found a Samus. Pretty ok, liked to edge-guard a LOT, though. Had some great battles, but then this Peach joined.

I'd never fought anything like it. Usually Peach's floating isn't nearly that effective whenever I brawl. Kept getting me with the ol' backfloat and her Ariel-behind. And I know it was one of you. KO'ed me often with the ol' crown.

Props to both of you glorious fighters. I was the one always changing characters. Nice hour or two of great matches.
Peach can be really surprising with her pressure game if your not careful

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord

XstrawberrygoddessX

Smash Apprentice
From about 2 to 4am I think, I was in a room with a black/white zelda,gray kirby,white peach,red Ike (sometimes)P2 and blonde shiekp3. Both knew what they were doing and p2 & i took turns 1v1 p3. We didnt get a p4 for a few hours, and when we did it was a brown ganondorf. Fortunately it didn't turn into a 3v1 but p 3 it seems did not trust p4 . Soon ( i already knew it would happen) p 4 dc' d the room. I went through a few rooms after that (running into p3 in almost every room) but quit about an hour later. I was a blue marth most of the time. Anyone?

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
My Ganon has been getting some destruction lately. Dominated this one room for 4 matches straight, then i left because I wasn't feeling anymore amusement. Watch out for any blue Ganons.

In other news, there was a smash bros tournament at a convention today. I'm posting this here because with the rules they had, it might as well have been set up on Basic Brawl. It went down like this:
-4 man free for all
-4 minutes, no stock, just time.
-top 2 go on, bottom 2 go to losers
-stage setting on random, didn't have random select
-only had starting characters
-The matches that were 1v1's were only one match, with 2 stocks
-All items on mid, except for smashball
-The only thing they really had right was banning MK.

It was so free I could have used Ganon. There was one opponent who was good, who I actually met at a tournament held about a year and a half ago. He was probably the only other tournament player there. We had an intense PT ditto, however we got Temple so things got gay. (We turned items off once we got into 1v1's thankfully)

It was so free that I felt bad for the **** I gave some people. (had +7 at the end of my 1st match, ****ed up some guy in fox dittos, and ***** people up the *** how Charizard does best)

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
well well well, i just had one of those very very veyr rare moments in basic brawl, where everyone knew wtf they were doing, no one was taunt partying and everyone was actually fighting, and the matches were actually...dare I say it, FUN..

i was with a wario, marth, samus, and i was the gld link in the final match

I started off as metaknight the first match in wario ware, but soon as i saw the two falcons goofing off i decided to stop with the broken bat.

went sonic one match and dominated em, went ike one match when two of the others were ike as well, but probably the best matches came when i went samus and the marth player(who i belive was ike at one time) decided to step it up and pick marth.

the samus stayed constant throughout, but she knew how to space themselves well with super missles missles and her zair, the marth pulled off a few tricks you don't see noobs do which is why i knew right off the bat he was no slouch, at one time he attempted a glide toss from teh rear but failed as he screwed the timing up.

the wario knew his dacus and how to space himself with warios crazy aerial game.

overall it was a crazy few fun matches while they lasted, and it was one of those rare moments where i didn't care tht one of em put items on, as just the shock of seeing 3 other players in basic brawl who had some freaking idea of how to use their characters, as well as not being in some ****ty taunt party, actually made it enjoyable.

good games to all of ya.

Benify

Smash Cadet
NNID
Eggn0g
3DS FC
5214-9751-3548
Joined a room as a dark blue Yoshi and with is a purple Link (P4), red Snake (P3), and a blue Ike (P2). P3 seemed to know what he was doing and I assumed P2 was one of those short-tempered, "Ike is OP" Ikes, which I found out to be true. I attacked him head on but our fight was interupted by Snake and his bombs.

P2 got fed up with P4 and started attacking him. After the match P2 left out of sheer rage because P4 beat him pretty bad. A black Wolf comes in and was a party crasher. He left after the first match. A blue Yoshi comes in and was a skilled party crasher, or at least it looked like it.

P3 and P2 were having 1v1s while me and P4 were watching. Eventually P4 decided to just stay right smack in the middle of the other guy's fight. I don't know exactly why, but he started attacking P3 soon after.

After a long series of 2vs1 fights, P4 gave up. P3 was in a convincing lead, he was better than I thought. I watched the entire time, getting out of the way. P2 and P4 managed to get in a couple wins, but P3's Falco and Snake were tough. P2 was also using Zelda and P4 was also using PT. I left out of boredom.

I wonder......if P2 and P4 were still having their 1vs1s. After I left and P4 stopped attacking.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
I normally don't post gang ups but the 3 vs Me people knew what they were doing. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM were pro.

I was first doing 1v1 with this very very good marth (stayed marth majority of the matches). then 2 other people joined that were really good. A ZSS who could spike OMG dat leg and a D3/Zelda/Shiek who knew how to spam dins fire and needles like a desperate ***** LMAO XD. He was good tho.

I was

ICs/Jigglypuff(Blue with the blue hat)/Peach(Daisy)/Olimar(Blue)/Wario/Light Blue GNW

The one that really got my attention was the marth player. He was relentless, I didn't even want to do 1v1 with him. I didn't care if he was good. I just went on BB to troll. But when he saw me comboing with peach. He assumed I was worth fighting and did not leave me alone like EVER.

When the 2 others teamed with him against me (cause I trolled the **** out of them without caring if they teamed against me LOL XD) I went to jigglypuff planking and thats when the din's fire spam was good and bad for me. I was able to gimp them alot because of that spam and because of that din's fire spam I got closer to kill percent. Although I can't say anything cause I gimped a link(the marth guy switched to link and then dk last match b4 he left)/zss player.

Overall, even tho I didn't want to do 1v1 with u, u really good marth player, those were GGs. Also nice *** mashing when I got the grab on u vs my ICs -_-

PS: I suck at this game lol XD. BB is sooo much fun XD. I suck

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
it seems most of the experiences posted here are with anyone matches, do none of you play team battle? That's where the actions at :p

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
^ I tend to hate team matches for the fact that i always get paired up with the crappy player, in a room where there are 3 decent players, (me and the other 2) and then one really really ****ty one, and i always seemed to get teamed up with that one.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
lol! yeah I guess it happens. Yesterday I actually got in a room with 3 good players, one very good Kirby main, but I know what you mean.

King of Brawl

Smash Rookie
Peach can be really surprising with her pressure game if your not careful
Just glad I got her in teams with a competent partner and not in BB where it would have been 1v3.

it seems most of the experiences posted here are with anyone matches, do none of you play team battle? That's where the actions at :p
I usually only play Team Battles, because I tend to only get Taunt Parties on BB. Although, every once in awhile, I will go on BB and crash the hell out of everything that stands in my way. Unless some coward chooses Sonic and then puts items on high. Then I usually just quit.

As of current, I'm really only using :luigi2: for teams, so watch out for those AIR CHOPS and LUIGI TORNADOES.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I've recently noticed if you use meta knight when crashing a taunt party, you will most likely have a 1 vs 1 with one of the taunters instead of 3 vs 1.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Just glad I got her in teams with a competent partner and not in BB where it would have been 1v3.

I usually only play Team Battles, because I tend to only get Taunt Parties on BB. Although, every once in awhile, I will go on BB and crash the hell out of everything that stands in my way. Unless some coward chooses Sonic and then puts items on high. Then I usually just quit.

As of current, I'm really only using :luigi2: for teams, so watch out for those AIR CHOPS and LUIGI TORNADOES.
If you see a lucas or lucario that uses Dair, well spaced pk fire/AS, fair spam its probably me. you'll know if i follow you around like a loyal pokemon. I tend to treat my TB team mate like a puppy would its new master and just assist them XD and be annoying as possible to my opposing team

Bio-Blue

Smash Cadet
If you see a lucas or lucario that uses Dair, well spaced pk fire/AS, fair spam its probably me. you'll know if i follow you around like a loyal pokemon. I tend to treat my TB team mate like a puppy would its new master and just assist them XD and be annoying as possible to my opposing team
I think i just spectated one of those matches. Was there one match with a lot of soccer balls and you kept fair-ing them into people with Lucas?

Anyway, i was recently in BB and of course the first match was a taunt party, but i didn't mid it was fun. Until a red snake came and Tried spamming his f-tilt. ;)
We were in Temple and he kept chasing my Jiggly. So i would run to that little section at the very bottom of the stage that leads into the giant open space, and then fly up to far right. He would attempt to follow but couldn't keep up, so it ended in three suicides :awesome:

Finally i decided to go Peach and he came at me........and i five stocked his *** (two stocks thanks to a random stitched turnip, and a bob-omb.)
The following match though wasn't so awesome since one of the other players decided to come "help" me and his Fox ended up doing more damage to me then he did the red snake. and a trip led to snake f-smash/death, and as soon as i came at him, he or someone else decided to dc the match. :glare:
So if anyone sees a red Peach glide tossing left and right......hey there :awesome:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I run into a lot more zeldas these days, compared to when it first came out. I'm glad to see her being used, cause she's quite effective in TB. Lucas too!

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Wasn't me, cant remember being in a room loaded with soccer balls. I have seen a red peach that was probably you, but we had no reason to fight.

Bio-Blue

Smash Cadet
If it usually approaches using d-air then it probably was me.
Either way, was in TB and had fun fighting a blue PT but then someone dc'd everyone...........so much for that :glare:

King of Brawl

Smash Rookie
hey king of brawl, i think your the Luigi in this TB room. I'm the PIkachu, Lucario, DDD. -_- i suicided by accident last round
I think that was me, actually. You can tell if I start juggling one person and then all of a sudden quit to go hit the enemy my partner is going after.

I love harassing everybody.

Smashbros17

Smash Rookie
new to the site, i see that it says we dont exchange FCs here, you know where i can go to exchange fcs with people?

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
I think that was me, actually. You can tell if I start juggling one person and then all of a sudden quit to go hit the enemy my partner is going after.

I love harassing everybody.
If you kept approaching with Luigi tornado, and fireball spamming then you were in my room. Why'd you leave anyway? We were wrecking the **** out of that room

I can upload some of those vids of us together, you had a pretty good sync with me. When you started fireball walling people out i'd approach them with aerials/projectiles.

new to the site, i see that it says we dont exchange FCs here, you know where i can go to exchange fcs with people?
private message them

King of Brawl

Smash Rookie
If you kept approaching with Luigi tornado, and fireball spamming then you were in my room. Why'd you leave anyway? We were wrecking the **** out of that room

I can upload some of those vids of us together, you had a pretty good sync with me. When you started fireball walling people out i'd approach them with aerials/projectiles.
I would like to see one of those vids. Probably not me, because I like to fireball into tornado approach, but still sounds like some good ****.

Usually I leave if I have other things to do, such as small chores or whatnot. Otherwise I'll play for hours.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599

FIREL

Smash Ace
Was in a TB with 2 other good players and one bleh player.
1. Wolf, Lucas, Pikachu
2. Lucario, Mario

I was TL and Luigi.

Top Bottom